Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8215&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:59:47 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hezekiah Walker....., out of the closet?
Rating 5 V
NubianSista_C
post Feb 25 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,365

QUOTE(Boy Wonder @ Feb 24 2006, 06:56 PM) *
Neither am I. I'm just surprised that everyone else is so surprised.

Its not so much as the suprise but more to do with the sadness that one feels when you hear about another individual within the gospel realm who has been preaching and singing one thing but living another and who has been able to achieve so much. sad.gif
When its within the secular realm its become no big deal, but when its by someone who professes to be upholding God to the world then that is where the deep sadness comes in as they have let down God most of all and those who looked up to them as spiritual examples and rolemodels and especially his wife and kids who are now going to have to live with the consequences of his actions sadwalk.gif

--------------------
Psalms 18:2
The Lord is my Rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. NIV

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -Berthold Auerbach

Don't measure the size of the mountain, talk to the One who can move it - Max Lucado
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Feb 25 2006, 05:50 AM
Post #32

Guests

I think the real reason for the sadness is because it takes awey the argument that success is a sign of "being anointed." The sad thing is that the church won't get the lesson. They will, instead, focus on Hezekiah.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Feb 25 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(statrei @ Feb 25 2006, 11:50 AM) *
I think the real reason for the sadness is because it takes awey the argument that success is a sign of "being anointed." The sad thing is that the church won't get the lesson. They will, instead, focus on Hezekiah.

That was a mouthful, Darius. We tend to believe that everyone who is able to write a song about God is living according to His will. What makes us so hopeful, when we know that it isn't true.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
MsHoly1
post Feb 25 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 44

FALSE...THE STORY IS FALSE!!!

We at musicnewsweekly.com deeply apologize to the family, friends, congregation and Pastor Hezekiah Walker, for allowing ourselves to be pawns of a totally false story that was confirmed by mediatakeout.com. As the founder, I am deeply hurt of the lack of integrity and respect I have allowed to come through Music News Weekly against Pastor Walker. I was given the opportunity to discuss this matter directly with Pastor Walker and offer my sincere apologies for allowing such a terrible thing to take place. In doing so, it was clear to see the strength of god in the middle of total evil.

Pastor Walker, in total wholeness, accepted my apologies.

Walker

This post has been edited by MsHoly1: Feb 25 2006, 05:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boy Wonder
post Feb 25 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,457

QUOTE(MsHoly1 @ Feb 25 2006, 05:45 PM) *
FALSE...THE STORY IS FALSE!!!

We at musicnewsweekly.com deeply apologize to the family, friends, congregation and Pastor Hezekiah Walker, for allowing ourselves to be pawns of a totally false story that was confirmed by mediatakeout.com. As the founder, I am deeply hurt of the lack of integrity and respect I have allowed to come through Music News Weekly against Pastor Walker. I was given the opportunity to discuss this matter directly with Pastor Walker and offer my sincere apologies for allowing such a terrible thing to take place. In doing so, it was clear to see the strength of god in the middle of total evil.

Pastor Walker, in total wholeness, accepted my apologies.

Walker

I guess only Hezekiah, God, and his ex wife know the truth, huh?

+Quote Post
NubianSista_C
post Feb 26 2006, 02:44 AM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,365

Here is a further report on the false allegations made and like Boywonder stated, only Hezekiah, his wife and God knows the truth.

'New York, NY - Famed Gospel Singer and Pentecostal Preacher Hezekiah Walker has ignored all allegations and rumors surrounding recent ludicrous allegations. Because of the frivolousness of the claims and the absurd contradictions to his morality convictions, its seemed obvious that the origin was one of maliciousness and unmerited slander that satisfied the need for greed in gossip. The most recent reports suggest that he is stepping down as Pastor of Love Fellowship Tabernacle, both Brooklyn NY and Bensalem PA. These are nothing more than lies and the work of the enemy states Walker; it ' s amazing that there is NO truth to any of the allegation which all claims Walker to be at the helm of the reports.

Max Siegel President of Verity Records spoke with Walker to confirm that his record label stands steadfast behind him and fully understand that vicious rumors and slander such as the aforementioned don ' t in any way affect their respect and admiration for him as a Pastor a human being and as a Zomba recording artist.

It ' s unfortunate that we as ministers must experience this type of abuse said Platinum Zomba recording artist Donnie McClurkin as he phoned Walker from London earlier today to encourage his co-laborer in Christ. McClurkin has vowed to rally the support of Gospel music artist, executives, fans, preachers, pastors and people alike to stand against such propaganda that has no truth to it. Its all lies, it ' s completely false and not even remotely true.

Walker continues to diligently attend to his aggressive ministry schedule. He currently claims his Brooklyn based church to be the Prayer Capitol of New York City, packing in over a thousand attendees each Tuesday evening and preaching to standing room only crows every other Sunday as he alternates between locations. Walker vows and proclaims…Because God is the Greatest Power, we shall not be defeated.

link http://www.gospelcity.com/dynamic/news-art...gospel_news/235

--------------------
Psalms 18:2
The Lord is my Rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. NIV

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -Berthold Auerbach

Don't measure the size of the mountain, talk to the One who can move it - Max Lucado

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 26 2006, 02:50 AM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

so then who would be ticked off enough to make those allegations to a media source?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
MsHoly1
post Feb 26 2006, 04:00 AM
Post #38

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 44

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 26 2006, 03:50 AM) *
so then who would be ticked off enough to make those allegations to a media source?

I know right!?! The scary part is, the person is probably very close to him...like one of his church members, as opposed to a stranger.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Feb 26 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Boy Wonder @ Feb 25 2006, 07:18 PM) *
I guess only Hezekiah, God, and his ex wife know the truth, huh?

Yep...I was having a conversation with my Dad a few years ago about a pastor who had been accused of having an affair with a church member. The circumstancial evidence was clear: guilt beyond a reasonable double. My Dad refused to join me in condemning this pastor and I thought he was just taking the side of a fellow pastor out of sympathy. That made me even more angry. But he said something to me during that conversation that I never forgot. He said that in these types of situations unless you tap someone on the shoulder while they're in the middle of having sex then you really can't know for sure, all other claims to the contrary. He made no sense to me then, but I've proven the wisdom of those words in several situations since then. Where there's smoke, there's not always fire. Could just be a smoke machine.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Feb 26 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Sometimes I think we are judging the music by the way we 'feel' when we hear it. Remember Lucifer also has the gift of music. There is no indication that this gift was taken away from him. I've heard many a song that seemed so beautiful that I could imagine he would write it in a state of some sort of reflection on the life he had and probably hopes to have again. We don't judge the song by the human writer's lifestyle. Perhaps this is why we get so upset when we hear someone is sinful and singing a beautiful song. We sigh a great sigh of relief because now we can happily sing his songs again.

priscilla

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Feb 26 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(statrei @ Feb 25 2006, 05:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Prisca @ Feb 25 2006, 03:26 PM) *
That was a mouthful, Darius. We tend to believe that everyone who is able to write a song about God is living according to His will. What makes us so hopeful, when we know that it isn't true.

Priscilla

I have to agree with Darius' point, too! spoton.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 26 2006, 02:50 AM) *

I think that there may be more to this than meets the eye....but I will agree that when it was first released, my thoughts was that someone was upset because of his success with "The Gospel" and interest in the filmmaking industry.... scratchchin.gif

Prayerfully, I hope this story is a fallacy and not a cover-up by his record label (they do that)....I hope that Monique (his wife or ex-wife) is doing well emotionally and the children also....

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Feb 26 2006, 10:51 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Denny
post Feb 27 2006, 05:16 AM
Post #42

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

I wonder if he will sue, that was some allegation!

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Feb 27 2006, 05:58 AM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Feb 27 2006, 11:16 AM) *
I wonder if he will sue, that was some allegation!

We might wonder why he was accused of misappropriating money, or fooling around with someone's wife. Perhaps he would like to see it just quietly go away.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 27 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #44

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Feb 26 2006, 11:38 PM) *
I think that there may be more to this than meets the eye....but I will agree that when it was first released, my thoughts was that someone was upset because of his success with "The Gospel" and interest in the filmmaking industry.... scratchchin.gif

Prayerfully, I hope this story is a fallacy and not a cover-up by his record label (they do that)....I hope that Monique (his wife or ex-wife) is doing well emotionally and the children also....

In your first post in this thread you said this:

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Feb 24 2006, 10:32 AM) *
It is true! he has been on the DL for a few years at least (not a secret in the industry).... sadwalk.gif Apparently, Hezekiah has officially "come out" now as it was on a local radio station in Nashville yesterday--apparently this is news breaking because he was "actually caught" with another man....

Somehow I don't get any concern from you that this could be a false report from this... perhaps your "industry sources" are not as knowledgeable as you thought.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Denny
post Feb 27 2006, 08:34 AM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Well this reminds me that since are are not supposed to bear false witness against our neighbour unless we share Mr Walker's bed if he says he innocent then take we should take it as said and not go a gay hunting I will now burn my gaydar.

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church