Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=210 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:39 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
HUGGINS130
post Apr 12 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #211

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

If many souls are being saved by 3ABN that is wonderful. But it still does not make a lie the truth and it does not make a fraudulant act an honest one. The Word of God needs to be separated from the 'make believe' story of a miracle that was not a miracle at all. If the leaders of 3ABN would make the miracle story accurate, then the judge in heaven would acknowledge and forgive the charade that has been told for 20 years. Think then of how God could use 3ABN. The THird Angels Message will be told even if it is told by the rocks and the mountains.

The truth must be told that God has never needed 3ABN, Hope Television, The Church Channel, The Word Network, TBN, Daystar, or any other christian televison station to get people saved...the truth spoken, Jesus did it all on calvary, that was enough! In quotations I went and made your statement bold, because 3abn isn't saving anyone and we need to make sure that people know that it was Jesus that saved humanity... and that is the only way anyone is saved...they may be taking the message of the Gospel to people, but we need to be clear that it is only Jesus that saves...and we can take that message to the world without television! but I am sure you probably meant to say that many people are being brought the message of salvation by this network....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 12 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #212

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

It is like an actor in a long running TV program, when they are so often on the screen in people's living rooms, people feel that they know them... When they are told otherwise they just can not believe it can be true...they "know" that person, they "see" them every day. That is just what someone who lives a very different "private life" counts upon.

That is so true, Sister!

It is called "dramatic reality."

Are you old enough to remember this phrase?

"I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV."

And then the TV doctor (usually an actor from a soap opera) would hold up a box of pain pills into the camera as part of a 30 second commercial.

The TV audience would think, "That's kindly Dr. Androgen, from All My Worlds."

Dr. Androgen (changed the name) was a total fiction. But people still appoached that actor seeking medical advice. Imagine seeking medical advice from the Screen Actors Guild. bangin.gif

We have to ask ourselves, are we, as professing Christians, doing something similar?

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 13 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #213

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 12 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]126383[/snapback]

The truth must be told that God has never needed 3ABN, Hope Television, The Church Channel, The Word Network, TBN, Daystar, or any other christian televison station to get people saved...the truth spoken, Jesus did it all on calvary, that was enough! In quotations I went and made your statement bold, because 3abn isn't saving anyone and we need to make sure that people know that it was Jesus that saved humanity... and that is the only way anyone is saved...they may be taking the message of the Gospel to people, but we need to be clear that it is only Jesus that saves...and we can take that message to the world without television! but I am sure you probably meant to say that many people are being brought the message of salvation by this network....

Yes, Huggins, the focus needs to be on Jesus. Jesus did it all. We do, indeed, need to be clear about that. You have an important point that many people need to hear. So often we get caught up on the non-essentials that we leave Jesus out of the picture.

You were also correct to when you said, "they [electronic media] may be taking the message to the world."

I think you're right that Summertime meant to place emphasis on the message when using the word "saved." Electronic media can sometimes be part of a process, specifically the teaching part.

I think that in a few places, such as some of the Middle East hot spots, media seems to work the best right now.

First part:

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:19).

And then:

He also told them that only those people who believed and were baptized would be saved (see Mark 16:16).

God Bless,

Panama Pete

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 13 2006, 07:03 AM
Post #214

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 12 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]126383[/snapback]

You are right, Huggins--it is Jesus who died to save all these people and 3ABN and all the other entities are just carrying the story of salvation given to us by Jesus' sacrifice. Thank you for correcting the way that I quoted that truth. No one could have presented it better than you. I should have said that many people are being brought the message of salvation by this network. Not only this network but all the others you mentioned and others. Thank you for helping me to speak the truth.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 13 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #215

Advanced Member

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 13 2006, 07:03 AM) [snapback]126429[/snapback]

You are right, Huggins--it is Jesus who died to save all these people and 3ABN and all the other entities are just carrying the story of salvation given to us by Jesus' sacrifice. Thank you for correcting the way that I quoted that truth. No one could have presented it better than you. I should have said that many people are being brought the message of salvation by this network. Not only this network but all the others you mentioned and others. Thank you for helping me to speak the truth.

All of the above things that have been told are true. However, in his open letter on April 5 the board chairman has tried to steer the whole conversation from the untruths of the 'miracles' back to the fact that all this is being written because of the 'friendliness' of Linda with the doctor in Norway. If he can make Linda look really bad, he seems to think that he can make Danny look really good. The story of Danny and Linda has been told over and over in Danny's favor while Linda was forced to quietly let the story be told while her apparent silence judged her as being quilty. It is true that Danny has remarried and Linda has put forth a hand of love. So let those things be unless you have a fact that has not yet been established. Then the truth should be told. In his letter Dr. Thompson did not even try to explain the 'first miracle story' or the other allegations that have been made to show how untruthful the stories of 'miracles' really are. I am sure that miracles have been given, but an embelishment of the story can not be pleasing to God. As was told on another forum, little children who have worked for things they really hoped for, have instead sent the money to 3ABN and the money may have been used in a way so that the leaders there can fly around in jet planes and stay in relatively expensive hotels. In the past, I have contributed money to 3ABN, but no more. I still give the money to the cause of God but to some degree we should know how the gifts to God are being used. Our tithe is God's to support the work of the ministers but the offerings that we give are to be given in a way that we best see fit. With new leadership clear down to the desired level known only to God, the Holy Spirit can direct the way that 3ABN can regain honesty and truthfulness. As long as the co-founder of 3ABN is standing at the helm telling a story full of half truths, the devil has won half of the battle. Tell your friends the 'truth' and let them pass it on. It is genuine and fair to God to do so.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 13 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #216

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

That seems to usually be an issue at some point... the more a ministry grows, the more perks its leaders feel entitled to take... power corrupts...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Apr 13 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #217

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Our tithe is God's to support the work of the ministers but the offerings that we give are to be given in a way that we best see fit.
Are you really sure about this statement...

That seems to usually be an issue at some point... the more a ministry grows, the more perks its leaders feel entitled to take... power corrupts...

For the love of money is the root of all evil...tithe has never been money in the scriptures, and it's high time people realize this...btjm
People in the church are under a powerful delusion...

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 13 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #218

Advanced Member

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 13 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]126439[/snapback]

Are you really sure about this statement...
For the love of money is the root of all evil...tithe has never been money in the scriptures, and it's high time people realize this...btjm
People in the church are under a powerful delusion...

An explanation, please?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 13 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #219

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 13 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]126448[/snapback]

An explanation, please?

Summertime there are several threads here where we have discussed the tithing system... here are links to a few... read and tell us what you think....

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...5983&hl=tithing

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...hl=tithing&st=0

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2995&hl=

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 13 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #220

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 13 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]126450[/snapback]

Summertime there are several threads here where we have discussed the tithing system... here are links to a few... read and tell us what you think....

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...5983&hl=tithing

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...hl=tithing&st=0

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2995&hl=

Clay, you have given me much to think about. I have skimmed the url's that you have given me. When I have the time real soon I am going to study them thoroughly and I will be back to tell you waht I think.

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 14 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #221

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

Summertime,
There are people who pay their tithe to 3ABN, not just their offerings. Are they not a church? Do they have a building? Ordained ministers? Must be 'the storehouse'.. Just an addition to the pot.

Priscilla

This post has been edited by Prisca: Apr 14 2006, 04:49 AM

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 14 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #222

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 14 2006, 05:48 AM) [snapback]126526[/snapback]

Summertime,
There are people who pay their tithe to 3ABN, not just their offerings. Are they not a church? Do they have a building? Ordained ministers? Must be 'the storehouse'.. Just an addition to the pot.

Priscilla

Interesting you brought that up, I spoke with the treasuer of the Illinois Conference and asked about 3ABN and tithe, I asked what was the proceedure. He said that if 3ABN knowingly received tithe money, as a self-supporting ministry of the SDA church, they would send any tithe money on to the Conference. I asked if that ever occured, the answer was no. He asked me why, I said I just wanted to know what the understanding was between them.

I know for a fact that 3ABN knowingly accepts tithe money from SDAs as well as anyone else who wants to send it there. I know of someone in the pastoral department who was working on the prayerline when someone called and asked about giving their tithe to 3ABN, the answer given was no, 3ABN takes offerings, not tithe.and their tithe sould be given at their local church. The person called again and wanted to ask Danny personally, instead the call went to Molly Steenson. She told them that of course 3ABN takes tithe. She then instructed the people from the pastoral department that 3ABN takes tithe and NEVER give any other answer again.

Does 3ABN knowingly take tithe. Yes, in fact they encourage it. Is any of it ever turned over to the official church, as per agreement---NO. Just a little more information to chew on.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Apr 14 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #223

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 14 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]126547[/snapback]

Interesting you brought that up, I spoke with the treasuer of the Illinois Conference and asked about 3ABN and tithe, I asked what was the proceedure. He said that if 3ABN knowingly received tithe money, as a self-supporting ministry of the SDA church, they would send any tithe money on to the Conference. I asked if that ever occured, the answer was no. He asked me why, I said I just wanted to know what the understanding was between them.

I know for a fact that 3ABN knowingly accepts tithe money from SDAs as well as anyone else who wants to send it there. I know of someone in the pastoral department who was working on the prayerline when someone called and asked about giving their tithe to 3ABN, the answer given was no, 3ABN takes offerings, not tithe.and their tithe sould be given at their local church. The person called again and wanted to ask Danny personally, instead the call went to Molly Steenson. She told them that of course 3ABN takes tithe. She then instructed the people from the pastoral department that 3ABN takes tithe and NEVER give any other answer again.

Does 3ABN knowingly take tithe. Yes, in fact they encourage it. Is any of it ever turned over to the official church, as per agreement---NO. Just a little more information to chew on.

Many televangelist encourage their viewers to give tithe...many churches encourage their members to give tithe...If we believe the bible is God's final word on any matter, then if folks would start checking out the scriptures in the New Testament, they would see that what a person gives is from the heart...10 percent is a starting point for those churches who claim that a tithe is 10 percent of increase from earnings...we have a long way to go...I give what I want usually less than 10 percent and don't feel guilty...I know the word...it's just sad that if I would like to be involved in ministy that I have to pay to be a part of ministry like that...I can do without! no msn-cry.gif going on here... roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 14 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #224

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 14 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]126549[/snapback]

Many televangelist encourage their viewers to give tithe...many churches encourage their members to give tithe...If we believe the bible is God's final word on any matter, then if folks would start checking out the scriptures in the New Testament, they would see that what a person gives is from the heart...10 percent is a starting point for those churches who claim that a tithe is 10 percent of increase from earnings...we have a long way to go...I give what I want usually less than 10 percent and don't feel guilty...I know the word...it's just sad that if I would like to be involved in ministy that I have to pay to be a part of ministry like that...I can do without! no msn-cry.gif going on here... roflmao.gif

There are many lessons to learn from studying what corporate 'church' is like. I remember when I learned about 'washing the tithe'. I was soooo turned off. Of course, the pat solution is...you give and let the Lord take care of what the people who accept it do with it, but I disagree. We need to make them a little more responsible for its use. I like the United Prison Ministries, NAPS - out of Oakwood and Adventist World Radio. Something seems to happen to those who get on the tube...too much make up maybe?

Priscilla

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 14 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #225

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Ok, so I am trying to figure out why the conference thinks an independent ministry would pass on the "tithe" to them, SDA or not. Especially since the people giving their tithe to 3ABN made conscious(sp) decision not to give it to a local church.
QUOTE(sister @ Apr 14 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]126547[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church