Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=300 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:49:50 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #301

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Interesting... I expect the chairman of the board to say no less.... after all he is the board chairperson... just as I expect everyone in Bush's cabinet to publicly support the war in Iraq, and say we are winning, despite evidence to the contrary....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 19 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #302

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Apr 19 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]127211[/snapback]

The article mentions "solid evidence." The solid evidence seems to be proof of something that is unacceptable to one of the parties. (They chose the word "inappropriate" in this particular article). Therefore, in theory, solid evidence could be evidence that Linda knows how to dial the telephone, if using a telephone is inappropriate.

Inappropriate is anything I say it is , like the radish they put in my salad.

Is it true or not true that the radish in my salad is inappropriate ?

The published retort you mention strikes me as a whole lot of nothing.

I doubt you will ever see this so-called evidence and neither will Linda Shelton. Linda says there is none. You will not be provided with the names of the people who supposedly saw the evidence, either.

We would have better luck looking for evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq.

Not to mention for Danny to have remarried so quickly on the heels of his divorce he had to be cultivating that relationship while still married to Linda... while none but Danny and his new wife are in a position to definitively state how much cultivating went on prior to their getting married, whatever there was was far closer to adultery than what is alleged against Linda... and given he was cultivating this relationship at the time Dr. Thompson claims he was agonizing over his marriage and trying to repair and restore it, I've done enough pastoral counseling to know that the relationship with the eventual 3rd Mrs. Shelton would be at best inconsistent with the claim of wanting to save his marriage to the erstwhile 2nd Mrs. Shelton.

It wouldn't take Rhodes scholars and rocket scientists on the church board to see that something aint right here and hasn't been right from the day this became public. The consistency of the 3ABN board's respect of persons in favor of Danny and against Linda has only reinforced how wrong this situation is and as purported men and women of God the only question I have is whether they took the standard payment of 30 pieces of silver or did they have it adjusted upward for inflation first...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #303

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

well said Kevin.... truizm indeed....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #304

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

A rebuttal, which is now in the hands of an attorney to check it's legality, has been prepared. From whom and when it will appear is information that has been given in confidence. I hope it will be made available to us.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Apr 19 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #305

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

If this letter is genuine and from Dr WT then it's worse that In thought.. This letter actually appears to say that if Danny and Linda needed any more time to work out their marriage it would have a damaging effect on "the ministry."

Any ministry that can come between family in such a way cannot be from the one who told a man to leave and cleave to his wife.

More confirmation that this is a sinking ship....
Surely there muist be someone in there who will stand up and say enough is enough...should I hold my breath?
Pastor John Lo...ng? Pastor CA?
Thank God for those little white ladies with the deep pockets...they aint going to stand for this Jim and Tammy Baker nonsense. No Suh!

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #306

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 19 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]127244[/snapback]

If this letter is genuine and from Dr WT then it's worse that In thought.. This letter actually appears to say that if Danny and Linda needed any more time to work out their marriage it would have a damaging effect on "the ministry."

Any ministry that can come between family in such a way cannot be from the one who told a man to leave and cleave to his wife.

More confirmation that this is a sinking ship....
Surely there muist be someone in there who will stand up and say enough is enough...should I hold my breath?
Pastor John Lo...ng? Pastor CA?
Thank God for those little white ladies with the deep pockets...they aint going to stand for this Jim and Tammy Baker nonsense. No Suh!

Don't expect too much from Pastor John L. or Pastor CA. I only know of two Pastor at 3ABN who stood up to Danny Shelton. Both were Europeans. After that their remaining days at 3ABN were numbered.

This post has been edited by sister: Apr 19 2006, 10:06 PM

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 19 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #307

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

Amen Sister! I like John L. and C.A. both, but neither one of them have the backbone to stand up to Danny. Unfortunately anyone who decides to say anything isn't around long.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 19 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #308

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Apr 20 2006, 01:30 AM) [snapback]127255[/snapback]

Amen Sister! I like John L. and C.A. both, but neither one of them have the backbone to stand up to Danny. Unfortunately anyone who decides to say anything isn't around long.

I guess some of these folk have stopped putting their faith in our Father. With God as our shield and guide, why are folks stressed about that job when God may have something even better for the. dunno.gif scratchchin.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Apr 20 2006, 04:21 AM
Post #309

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

I changed my mind this isn't CSI this is Criminal Minds sad.gif

All this talk about prove of adultery but its not really (sexual) adultery then they gag the woman so she can't reply to her accusers.... Glad they never got my money and never will. Will be interesting to hear Linda's side of the sleazy saga when the gag is lifted.
Perhaps 3ABN need to stop issuing press releases dragging Linda's name in the mud if you really got truth and righteous on your side why use this tactic to keep the dosh rolling in?

This post has been edited by Denny: Apr 20 2006, 04:27 AM

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 20 2006, 04:31 AM
Post #310

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

I wonder if there is a possibility that the 'ministry'...after reading the letter from the chairman interfered in the marriage in order to save the 'ministry' and that this uneducated and emotional person followed the advice of the people whom he most admires...the educated. The Drs, if you will. If they tell him that he needs to do this or that, that is what he does in ignorance believing that what he does is 'for the sake of the cause'.
Is it possible that the ever alert Linda decided to be an individual, seek some relevant conversation and it was interpreted as adultery? Backstage Christianity!

Priscilla

+Quote Post
Denny
post Apr 20 2006, 04:38 AM
Post #311

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 20 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]127264[/snapback]

I wonder if there is a possibility that the 'ministry'...after reading the letter from the chairman interfered in the marriage in order to save the 'ministry' and that this uneducated and emotional person followed the advice of the people whom he most admires...the educated. The Drs, if you will. If they tell him that he needs to do this or that, that is what he does in ignorance believing that what he does is 'for the sake of the cause'.
Is it possible that the ever alert Linda decided to be an individual, seek some relevant conversation and it was interpreted as adultery? Backstage Christianity!

Priscilla

Who knows, is Danny Shelton that niaeve, where is the love then if you drop your marriage on the say so of another human with a degree. Common sense came before PHDS or any other degree or maybe some people are that stupid? dunno.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 20 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #312

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Denny @ Apr 20 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]127265[/snapback]

Who knows, is Danny Shelton that niaeve, where is the love then if you drop your marriage on the say so of another human with a degree. Common sense came before PHDS or any other degree or maybe some people are that stupid? dunno.gif

Many a marriage has gone kaput on the 'oberservations' and advice of others.

Priscilla

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 20 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #313

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

You know I like Pastor L when he and wife were pastoring here. They lived and pastored out by where my Mom lived at the time, and they visited our church many times, well as often as they had a week off. It is sad that he doesn't have the courage to stand up to this mess. They are really good people.

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 19 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]127251[/snapback]

Don't expect too much from Pastor John L. or Pastor CA. I only know of two Pastor at 3ABN who stood up to Danny Shelton. Both were Europeans. After that their remaining days at 3ABN were numbered.

This post has been edited by princessdi: Apr 20 2006, 10:42 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Apr 20 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #314

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

This whole saga seems more like a bad soap opera. It's too sad that the focus on this ministry had radically shifted from it's true purpose, which is to spread the gospel and bring men and women to a full knowledge of Jesus Christ.

My mother was a big financial supporter of 3ABN. She died in February 2005, and our family made a big contribution to 3ABN in her memory. I wonder what she would have thought about this whole mess. My mother was very philosophical and she would have probably said, "God's work will go on, if not with 3ABN, with someone else" and it shall...

Press on, regardless... smile.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 20 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #315

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 20 2006, 05:31 AM) [snapback]127264[/snapback]

Priscilla
Priscilla, Linda did not give up her ministry because she wanted to. For one thing, I have been told, she was blackballed by people that she thought were her friends--things that she had confided in them were not respected, workers there were forbidden to talk to her lest they lose their own jobs---her hard drive was taken from her and she finally left without addresses that she might have wanted to keep. If you can read her letters from the past on her website, you may get a bit of an idea of what happened to her. If you read the info concerning her on C/A--of course, they keep the 3ABN topics secluded from the person who does not pay their dues--it sort of makes one sick. WHen you have stomped the near life from a person, and then she starts to get her feet on the ground, you do not start stomping all over again. Danny is an ignorant, uneducated person who I believe started out to do good for God, but He seems to have lost his way. I am sure that Linda is not perfect--someone mentioned her way of dressing and etc. There was some things about her video that I wished were not there. But she had producers and photographers who were also bent on making the video a success. I was shaken up a bit by what the paid for makeup artists did to the 'up front' artists who appeared before the camera. I thought a lot of Melody when she was in her natural state of beauty, but then I was shocked when the bleached hair started to appear and the brilliant eye shadow and other vivid makeup, and the difference in how she acted. But even so, until the disappearance of Linda and the story started to come out, I was quiet. At first, I felt sorry for Danny and I listened carefully to what Dr. Thompson had to say. But when the truth of how they treated Linda started to come out, I was still an active donor to 3ABN, but no more. I don't know why 3ABN has been taken off of the Sky Angel Network--it pretty much takes it out of my reach, unless I can get some of it on the Hope Channel. I still pray for the 3 angel's message to go to all the world. WHether it will come back on Sky Angel, I don't know, but I do know that the Lord is in control and He will see that the best is done for 3ABN. I am waiting, with the rest of you, to see what happens next . If you can, even if you have to pay dues to get the 3ABN topics for now, try to post your opinions, because they do count. They have meant a lot to me. 'Summertime'

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 20 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]127293[/snapback]

You know I like Pastor L when he and wife were pastoring here. They lived and pastored out by where my Mom lived at the time, and they visited our church many times, well as often as they had a week off. It is sad that he doesn't have the courage to stand up to this mess. They are really good people.

Pastor John L. was well-thought of when he was in St. Louis. I believe that he was an honest, caring peron at that time---at least it seemed so to us. But when he got the call to 'save' Danny he changed--You could even see it on 3ABN. The appearance of big houses on the lake, and the idea of National notority changes men.

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:49 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church