Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9441&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:26:21 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Polly Place-linda Shelton
summertime
post Jun 2 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

Dear Friend:

I believe in Linda Shelton's innocence of the allegations that have been
hurled against her. My concern however is this, if she were guility of
what she is being accused of, who should reach out and help her, and
reclaim her for the Lord? How should we as a church provide healing and
safety for her? Where and to whom should she go for help? In His
time God will reveal the truth of Linda's innoncence and then there
will be no doubt that He is in control. An individual, regardless of
his/her influence, wealth, or education is not as powerful as God.
Something is dreadfully wrong with us as Christians if we prefer to
protect an institution rather than a person who is made in the image of
God. Individuals who stand by and see injustice being done to another
human being and refuse to take a stand against the injustice and those
who purport the injustice will have to give an account to God.
"Therefore to him that knowleth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it
is sin." James 4:17. God will vindicate Linda in His time, and in
His own way. When this happens His name will be glorifed and it will be
obvious that He is the One who orchestrated and ordained it. Polly's
Place Network is seeking to glorify Him by helping to fulfill His
mission as He declares in Luke 4:18.

In answer to your question, here are some ways in which your SDA
church can help Pollly's Place Network: distribute our literature,
engage in fundraising activities for the Network, provide support for
abused individuals who might be in your church, and sponsor events that
will raise the awareness of abuse in our homes, schools, churches and
communities. Linda and I will be happy to participate in a
community awareness program that your church might sponsor. We are very
passionate about helping our hurting members find healing so that they
can break the intergenerational cycle of domestic violence and abuse in
its many forms. (As I travel I am amazed at how many individuals
dealing with domestic violence and abuse keep quiet because they are
too ashamed to talk about it. Or are fearful that they will not be
believed, or they might be ostracized from the church. But when someone
addresses it from the pulpit, they feel that they have permission to get
help.)

So we provide ongoing education for pastors and church leaders. We have
a team of Christian professionals who put on these educational programs.
If you have the opportunity to share our information with your local
conference, we could conduct workshops for their pastors and church
leaders. The problem of domestic violence, sexual abuse, religious
abuse, etc. occurring in our homes, schools and churches is real.
Jesus Christ is real, and our profession of true Godliness must also be
real as we demonstrate practical help for the wounded.

Thank you very much for your donation. We appreciate your willingness
to support this ministry. Most of all we solicit your prayers.

Polly's Place Network is a ministry that is governed by the Upper
Columbia Conference Corporation, but financially supported by
individuals like you who want to Help Empower Abused Lives. Our
headquarters are located in the Upper Columbia Conference. I praise God
for Max Torkelson and the other administrators who have welcomed this
ministry with open arms.

You can contact me (509) 838-2761 if you have additional questions
and/or comments. Blessings to you and your family.

Sincererely,

Mable Dunbar, President
Polly's Place Network

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 2 2006, 10:55 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jun 2 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

I hope that this is offtopic.gif ....there are many women, men, individuals in our local churches and community that are hurting and in need of healing.

As Linda has repeatedly asked that people move forward, and it is clear that she has a strong support system, would it not be a wonderful way to use her experience as a motivation to help others and become aggressively involved in starting a ministry to help those in pain in the local community and church for Christ? scratchchin.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 2 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jun 2 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]133214[/snapback]

I hope that this is offtopic.gif ....there are many women, men, individuals in our local churches and community that are hurting and in need of healing.

As Linda has repeatedly asked that people move forward, and it is clear that she has a strong support system, would it not be a wonderful way to use her experience as a motivation to help others and become aggressively involved in starting a ministry to help those in pain in the local community and church for Christ? scratchchin.gif

No, simply saved, this is not off topic. This is why we have started a new topic. Polly's Place and Mable Dunbar is simply expressing the hope that we will contribute by our prayers, distributing information and supporting with help for abused individuals in your vicinity--at home and abroad. Linda's name came into the letter written by Mable Dunbar simply as a suggestion that she is now working to help abused and neglected people in your community and far beyond. Do not believe that Mable Dunbar was asking for a stronger support system for Linda, she was just expressing her pleasure at having Linda now working in a direction that will help abused and neglected people everywhere. If anyone reading this posting is interested in helping financially, fine, but her most earnest request was that we pray for the work that is being done for the unfortunate people who are hurting in your community and mine.. She is asking that if, in anyway we can, we can influence church leaders everywhere to be more sensitive to the fact that people are being abused and neglected , and with the help of understanding this by our Union leaders, the helpless people, who would not have the support of their churces, could know where they could go to for help.This topic is not to help Linda, it is to ask for the support and prayers of anyone who want to help those around us who need it.

I personally have sent a very modest contribution to help Polly's Place. This is not to help Linda,--it is to help people around us who are being hurt and have no place to go. Mentioning Linda's name is secondary to the whole reason that I, with the OK of Calvin, have started this forum. If anyone wants to help Polly's Place, that is good. If you want to consider this off topic to our community, I want to thank you for just reading Mable Dunbar's letter. If anyone is interested in helping in their own Union or township, send a copy of Mable Dunbar's letter to them and ask them to become involved, if they care, in promoting Polly's Place in the Union in which you live.

I sent my contribution to:
Polly's Place Network
C/O Mable Dunbar
PO Box 19039
Spokane, Washington 99219-9039

summertime

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 2 2006, 10:49 AM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 2 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Is your comment to assume that people are not engaged in this ministry already? How could you know that?

Also, it is apparent since you have expressed your weariness of this 3ABN/Danny/Linda scenarion on a whole, that you have not kept up. While that is consistent, you might want to update your info before posting to this subject matter. Some are trying support her in her attempt to move forward with her life.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jun 2 2006, 07:44 AM) [snapback]133214[/snapback]

This post has been edited by princessdi: Jun 2 2006, 10:47 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jun 2 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #5

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Thank you for your Christian response! smile.gif

QUOTE(summertime @ Jun 2 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]133232[/snapback]

No, simply saved, this is not off topic. This is why we have started a new topic. Polly's Place and Dr. Dunbar is simply expressing the hope that we will contribute by our prayers, supporting with help for abused individuals in your vicinity--at home and abroad. Linda came into the letter written by Dr. Dunbar simply as a suggestion that she is now working to help abused and neglected people in your community and far beyond. Do not believe that Dr. Dunbar was asking for a stronger support system for Linda, she was just expressing her pleasure at having Linda now working in a direction that will help abused and neglected people everywhere. If anyone reading this posting is interested in helping financially, fine, but her most earnest request was that we pray for the work that is being done for the unfortunate people who are hurting in your community and mine.. She is asking that if, in anyway we can, we can influence church leaders everywhere to be more sensitive to the fact that people are being abused and neglected , and with the help of understanding this by our Union leaders, the helpless people, who would not have the support of their churces.could know where they could go to for help.This topic is not to help Linda, it is to ask for the support and prayers of anyone who want to help those around us who need it.

I personally have sent a very modest contribution to help Polly's Place. This is not to help Linda,--it is to help people around us who are being hurt and have no place to go. Mentioning Linda's name is secondary to the whole reason that I, with the OK of Calvin, have started this forum. If anyone wants to help Polly's Place, that is good. If you want to consider this off topic to our community, I want to thank you for just reading Dr. Dunbar's letter.

summertime

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jun 2 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #6

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

I think its a good thing & I plan on sending them some money as well. I think we need more places like this.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 3 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Jun 2 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]133268[/snapback]

I think its a good thing & I plan on sending them some money as well. I think we need more places like this.

I suspect that Polly’s Place is a very worthy cause, but nevertheless solicitations are not allowed regardless of how noteworthy the ministry. This is clearly stated in the BSDA board rules. If we can not discuss Polly’s Place without asking for donations, this topic will be closed.

This post has been edited by calvin: Jun 3 2006, 02:31 PM

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 3 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(summertime @ Jun 3 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]133298[/snapback]

I suspect that Polly’s Place is a very worthy cause, but nevertheless solicitations are not allowed regardless of how noteworthy the ministry. This is clearly stated in the BSDA board rules. If we can not discuss Polly’s Place without asking for donations, this topic will be closed.

Thank you, Calvin for the editing of this topic. I have not in any way meant to overstep the bonds on the rules for the BSDA Forum. I appreciate your help. Summertime

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 3 2006, 09:10 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 21 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(summertime @ Jun 4 2006, 05:09 AM) [snapback]133329[/snapback]

Thank you, Calvin for the editing of this topic. I have not in any way meant to overstep the bonds on the rules for the BSDA Forum. I appreciate your help. Summertime

Polly's Place is still alive and doing a great work for abused women. I have recently met a woman who was greatly helped by PP. Even if not all cases are brought to an immediate happy ending, PP keeps on helping women in great need. Thank God for women like Dr. Mable Dunbar who show stamina and courage in face of great obstacles. Although 3ABN banning support of Polly's Place seemed like a temporary setback, PP is succeding. Pray that it will get more coverage and exposure in the future.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 26 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 21 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]160948[/snapback]

Polly's Place is still alive. . . .

Dr. Mabel Dunbar has finally found time to read what you have all said on this thread. She has asked me to express her special appreciation to you, summertime, for posting her letter, and she also wants you all to know that summertime "accurately clarified what I was trying to say." She also wants "to thank everyone who continues to and will support this ministry."

Blessings,

Johann

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
summertime
post Nov 27 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 26 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]161375[/snapback]

Dr. Mabel Dunbar has finally found time to read what you have all said on this thread. She has asked me to express her special appreciation to you, summertime, for posting her letter, and she also wants you all to know that summertime "accurately clarified what I was trying to say." She also wants "to thank everyone who continues to and will support this ministry."

Blessings,

Johann

Upon my request for a way to distribute information concerning Polly's Place, they have sent to me an array of interesting information to use in a way that would inform those who have not heard of Polly's Place. Our pastor allowed all of the informaiton to be placed on a table in the foyer of our church to make our church members more aware of the work that Dr. Dunbar and her group are doing. Much of it has been taken and read by those who can help them with prayers and anyway they find feasible. I am sure that they will provide the same info to anyone else who is willing to have it placed in their church distribution center. I continue to pray and work for Polly's Place--many people are interested if they only have someone tell them about it. As Christmas nears, there are many abused and helpless people who need to be in our prayers 'summertime'

This post has been edited by summertime: Nov 27 2006, 09:36 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church