Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9763&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:53:31 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 2 (The Shelton Gang history)
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 05:36 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

The Shelton Gang rides again... Part 1

In the history of southern Illinois, in the time of gangland Chicago, where Al Capone was king, there is told the story of two rival gangs: the Birgers and the Sheltons. The only reason these small time hoods go down in the annals of gangland history is because they were the first gangsters to drop a bomb on a rival gang from an airplane. The bomb was hand held and it did not hit it’s intended target, but then these were good old boys from southern Illinois and what more could you expect...

Many years later the Shelton name again surfaces in the history of the southern part of the state. Another Shelton has been raised up, another good old boy, but this Shelton has learned from the family history. He has two faces that he wears: one on his television network when he says to the people “ask the Lord what he would have you give...” and another when he goes about his “business”.

We all know about the horses, the land and the jet plane the ministry has provided for Danny, but what else does the good people who make their sacrificial donations and pay their tithe to 3ABN provide for his pleasure?

Some of the perks for being the President of 3ABN are... oh, by the way, whose idea was the perk system that has provided so well for Danny over the years, while his employees are told that there wages are so low because this is a ministry and they need to make sacrifices for the LORD’s work? This is beginning to sound more like French history, than southern Illinois history. Just before the French Revolution when Marie Antoinette was told that the people of France were so poor that they had no Bread to eat, she laughed and said, “Then let them eat cake”. There is a history of 3ABN workers with families receiving goods from WIC, a government program that provides food for low income families to ensure proper nuitrition for mothers and young children. So while Danny sits up in his southern Illinois style mansion with a swimming pool and jacuzzi, having the income to eat whatever he desires, workers get their “cake” from the Welfare system.

Danny gets a brand new truck every year, not one of those cheap things, but a big one with power something in the $30,000+ range, of course that is necessary to pull a horse trailer. But where does the family sit? Linda always got a van for a perk, perhaps that perk will now pass on to Danny’s new wife. And of course since 3ABN pays for the vehicle it also foots the bill for all the gas and the maintenance. But being the kind man that Danny is and not wanting to rub the noses of the workers in his good fortune, Danny always get the same model and color of truck each year. Then of course there is a clothing allowance, but there is no wardrobe room at 3ABN, so I guess that Danny can just buy whatever he needs, not a big perk in its self, but it all adds to the total.

To be continued in Part 2...

This post has been edited by Clay: Jul 3 2006, 12:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denny
post Apr 19 2006, 06:52 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 19 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]127090[/snapback]

The only place in the sda church that I know of where the concept of the 3 angels msgs is not accepted and embraced is this msg board.

DB

Actually the message is accepted its the Adventist interpretation some members have a problem with.

I wonder if CBS will be interested in a new drama CSI:Illinois afro.gif (Church Show Investigation)

This post has been edited by Denny: Apr 19 2006, 06:53 AM

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #3

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 19 2006, 05:33 AM) [snapback]127090[/snapback]

The only place in the sda church that I know of where the concept of the 3 angels msgs is not accepted and embraced is this msg board.

DB

wrong... but don't let that get in the way of your making inflammatory statements... and while you opt to weigh in on this statement lest you forget, you left a few unanswered questions on the table from another thread... shall it be assumed that you are now ready to answer those questions?

This post has been edited by Clay: Apr 19 2006, 07:58 AM

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 19 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(silsbee_bee @ Apr 19 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]127090[/snapback]

DB

Fortunately, the rest of us are not bound by the limits of your awareness.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #5

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Apr 19 2006, 07:52 AM) [snapback]127099[/snapback]

I wonder if CBS will be interested in a new drama CSI:Illinois afro.gif (Church Show Investigation)

rofl1.gif Denny, I am sure the Adventist audience alone would make CSI:Illinois (Church Show Investigation) number one on the CBS lineup.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Apr 19 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 19 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]127118[/snapback]

rofl1.gif Denny, I am sure the Adventist audience alone would make CSI:Illinois (Church Show Investigation) number one on the CBS lineup.

Well I'll be happy to take the leading role as long as Gary Dourdan is my co star (I know I gots lust issues) tongue.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 10:20 AM
Post #7

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Apr 19 2006, 10:11 AM) [snapback]127136[/snapback]

Well I'll be happy to take the leading role as long as Gary Dourdan is my co star (I know I gots lust issues) tongue.gif

you have issues....

--------------------

+Quote Post
missthg
post Apr 19 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 9

Well I guess we'll be fighting over him on the show! Cos you know dat be my manz first!

QUOTE(Denny @ Apr 19 2006, 08:11 AM) [snapback]127136[/snapback]

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(missthg @ Apr 19 2006, 11:25 AM) [snapback]127142[/snapback]

Well I guess we'll be fighting over him on the show! Cos you know dat be my manz first!

you have issue too...lol The book hasn't even been finished yet and you all are assigning roles for the movie....

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #10

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I don't want a role, however, I will take Gary's boss. Thank you very much! flirt.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #11

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]127150[/snapback]

I don't want a role, however, I will take Gary's boss. Thank you very much! flirt.gif

focus people focus... on the info being provided that is... So far the tale of trucks, planes, property seems to be along the same lines of televangelists as they rise in power and influence... As I said in another thread.... power corrupts...

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #12

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Ooops! Sorry for my momentary digression.............

Ok, so should we expect an expose' on Primetime, Dateline, 60 Minutes, soon? You know they wore Benny Hinn out!

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 19 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]127153[/snapback]

focus people focus... on the info being provided that is... So far the tale of trucks, planes, property seems to be along the same lines of televangelists as they rise in power and influence... As I said in another thread.... power corrupts...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2006, 01:15 PM) [snapback]127157[/snapback]

Ooops! Sorry for my momentary digression.............

Ok, so should we expect an expose' on Primetime, Dateline, 60 Minutes, soon? You know they wore Benny Hinn out!

As they did Peter Popoff and that Tilton guy....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 19 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #14

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

My LERD!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #15

500 + posts
Group Icon

The Shelton Gang rides again... Part 2, life in “Little Egypt”

They call Southern Illinois Little Egypt for one of two reasons: either because it's fertile, a land of milk and honey for those running from the Reconstruction South, or because it's a locust-ridden, gaunt-cow wasteland to Chicago politicians annoyed at how backward the bottom of their state is. It all depends on who you want to side with, which is often the case with most things in this life.

For a poor boy, the son of migrant workers, born and raised in “Little Egypt”, the opinion of the Chicago politicians seems to best fit the early years of little Danny Lee Shelton. But for Danny Shelton, president of Three Angels Broadcasting Network, Southern Illinois has become like it’s ancient predecessor Egypt was for the brothers of Joseph, when their father was united with his lost son, “a land of milk and honey”.

How did this boy from so humble a background, forget his own roots and, after he had obtained more material blessing then he could have ever imagined and have so many of his boyhood dreams come true, treat his workers like the English lords treated their lowly serfs in the middle ages? Why? And are all the workers treated equally? The answer to the last question is, “No!”

Now we don’t want to forget about Danny’s personal corporate jet, the cost of the fuel, airport taxes, hanger space and the salary of two jet pilots (of whom Danny is very proud because they flew missions in Desert Storm) and the tremendous cost footed for this by the ministry---we should just be happy that he hasn’t hired a stewardess. But for awhile lets go away from Danny’s personal perks and see what kind of perks he gives his friends.

Not everyone has a sacrificial salary at 3ABN, one example is the chief engineer—he makes $75,000+ a year. Now, I will not argue that he has an important job, but is it worth anywhere from three to (in many cases) five times what other workers are making?

And what about the head of the music studio, in addition to a good salary there is a beautiful apartment that she helped decorate for which no rent is paid and it is far above the standard of the average worker in southern Illinois. And there are the many vacations that she and her husband accompanied Danny and Linda on over the years. Like some other key personnel at 3ABN she and her husband are not SDAs and have no interest in becoming so. Perhaps it is from their long close association with Danny over many years and what they have observed as his example of what it means to be a Seventh-day Adventist and the head of a ministry. These are just two examples, there are many more...but you get the idea.

In the early twenties, southern Illinois was also called Little Hell because of the Klan, the gangsters and the prostitutes. You can go down the road a ways from 3ABN and come to the town of Benton, there is a museum there and on the outside of the building is a life-size gallows with the hangman’s noose still standing ready for service. Fortunately, it is just part of the museum and no longer in use.

When the notorious gangland crime boss, Al Capone went to prison it was not for racketeering, but for tax evasion. Elliot Ness and his force of G-Men were unable to make any of the charges stick to Capone. The witnesses disappeared or remained silent—Capone had his hold on them. It took many years for this kingpin of crime to receive what he deserved, but in the end justice was served.

What was the downfall of gangland Chicago, could pull another “boss” from his throne way down in “Little Egypt”. Which would only go to prove what the politicians in Chicago were annoyed with all along, “how backward the bottom of their state really is.”

Stay turned for the next episode of CSI:Illinois...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:53 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church