Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9765&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:50:00 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 4 (takin care of business...)
Clay
post May 2 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #121

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 2 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]128783[/snapback]

Not necessarily...if Higherground were adding details and information, that would be a reaso able conclusion....

Just as both sides "need" to be presented, it also has to be presented in dialog why this continues to be an issue for this Board as Linda has expressly asked that people move on.... scratchchin.gif

that's the problem.... folks trying to move on while leaving the mess at 3abn right where it is as it continues to fester and get worse.... people cannot or will not move on when the problems remain unresolved....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Change
post May 2 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #122

Welcome Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,373

Why is it that as good SDAs, we just hate to confront mess and deal with it ? If Jesus had dealt with the sin problem the same way that we want to deal with some of these troublesome issues, would we be anywhere near being saved today? Isn't it time that we get real?

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post May 2 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #123

Guests

QUOTE(Change @ May 2 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]128794[/snapback]

Why is it that as good SDAs, we just hate to confront mess and deal with it ? If Jesus had dealt with the sin problem the same way that we want to deal with some of these troublesome issues, would we be anywhere near being saved today? Isn't it time that we get real?

Amen to that! We have put up so much with these sinners thinking they can get away with anything. We need to put our foot down sometime. If they don't wanna stop these sinful activities, then give 'em the boot. It's harsh, but we have to keep the church pure for our young people.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 2 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #124

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 2 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]128799[/snapback]

Amen to that! We have put up so much with these sinners thinking they can get away with anything. We need to put our foot down sometime. If they don't wanna stop these sinful activities, then give 'em the boot. It's harsh, but we have to keep the church pure for our young people.

Vonessa,
we are all sinners, in fact the church is the place for "sinners" who have decided that they need help with their sin problem... So the church will always be full of sinners who constantly need their Savior.... the church cannot be a place for people who don't think their sin is sin.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
higherground2003
post May 2 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 255

QUOTE(Clay @ May 2 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]128789[/snapback]

that's the problem.... folks trying to move on while leaving the mess at 3abn right where it is as it continues to fester and get worse.... people cannot or will not move on when the problems remain unresolved....

To be quite honest. Do you think most SDA's would really even care? Like I said earlier, this kinda reminds me of walmart. I don't care how much dirt you dig up on Walmart, people are going to keep shopping there. Why? Because they are fulfilling a need.

I don't care if this person writes 1000 pages about that man, people are still going to be buying his satellites and tuning in to his network.

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 2 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]128799[/snapback]

roflmao.gif
If we do that, we will be keeping out church EMPTY for our young people.

This post has been edited by higherground2003: May 2 2006, 01:10 PM

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post May 2 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(vonessa @ May 2 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]128799[/snapback]

Whew! I'm glad you don't know my past or present sins, or I'd be in a heap of trouble...guess I'll just keep trying to stop my "sinful activities" so the church can stay pure...I would hate to feel the weight of your boot.

This post has been edited by Nuggie: May 2 2006, 01:29 PM

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 2 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #127

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nuggie @ May 2 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]128826[/snapback]

Whew! I'm glad you don't know my past or present sins, or I'd be in a heap of trouble...guess I'll just keep trying to stop my "sinful activities" so the church can stay pure...I would hate to feel the weight of your boot.

how do you know we don't know your past and present sins? we are everywhere you know.... rofl1.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post May 2 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #128

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

I think you don't have to worry as I'm sure we have all had past or present sins in our lives. I know I have had. The thing that bothers me though with Danny & anyone else in his position is he is in the Public Eye & they proclaim to be "holier than thou". They have the do as I say not as I do attitude.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 2 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #129

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Change @ May 2 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]128794[/snapback]

Oh, I DEFINITELY believe in confronting it...DIRECTLY TO A PERSON or moving on...that is being real.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 2 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #130

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 2 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]128832[/snapback]

Oh, I DEFINITELY believe in confronting it...DIRECTLY TO A PERSON or moving on...that is being real.

fortunately there are more ways to confrontation than the one option you suggested....

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 2 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #131

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Clay @ May 2 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]128835[/snapback]

fortunately there are more ways to confrontation than the one option you suggested....

Perhaps, but it is scripture.....talking about them to everyone else but them is definitely not an effective one of them...

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 2 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #132

Guests

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 2 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]128839[/snapback]

Perhaps, but it is scripture.....talking about them to everyone else but them is definitely not an effective one of them...

That counsel is only applicable where the behavior is "secret." This is public behavior and susceptible to public comment, especially since it involves the person who made it all public.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 2 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #133

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Having talked at some length with Danny, Dr. Thompson, Kay Kuzma, Mark Finley, John Lomacang, and Mollie Steenson, I found that the security in being idolized through public perception incentivized further heinous actions and statements. I concluded that as long as they felt in full control of public perception, they would really have no incentive to consider making any fundamental changes, or backing away from the misery they were inflicting on people. As Clay says, one-on-one verbal confrontation is not the only option, however, it is an option that several of us who are posting here have vigorously pursued, but in vain.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 2 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #134

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(higherground2003 @ May 2 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]128824[/snapback]

To be quite honest. Do you think most SDA's would really even care? Like I said earlier, this kinda reminds me of walmart. I don't care how much dirt you dig up on Walmart, people are going to keep shopping there. Why? Because they are fulfilling a need.

I don't care if this person writes 1000 pages about that man, people are still going to be buying his satellites and tuning in to his network.

I agree, there is a Wal-Mart mindset that says, "People are going to keep shopping there, anyway."

On the other hand, how may people want a new Wal-Mart in their own neighborhood? How many people are going to "sign on" to Wal-Mart when it gets personal and up close?

http://www.globest.com/news/531_531/baltimore/145364-1.html

CROFTON, MD-The Greater Crofton Council has voted against Wal-Mart’s plan to build a 143,000-sf store in the town. The vote came down in a meeting attended by more than 300 area residents.
During the meeting, city representatives and residents voiced their concerns about the traffic and crime the project could bring to the Anne Arundel County town, as well as potential damage to the environment.

And with 3ABN:

How many people are going to do the unpaid volunteer work of going to cable companies and saying, "Please, please put Danny's private corporation on the cable TV system? I really need to help Danny keep his horses fed."

Or, "I think Danny needs to a bigger jet this year, I'll add a codicil to my will and make it happen."

That could be a horse of a different color.

+Quote Post
missthg
post May 2 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #135

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 9

Now this is the first things I've seen on this thread I agree with. I can't even try to help him show on regualr cable when he's not living up to the network's name and mistreating his employees - in the name of Jesus.

He's th ekind of man who makes any religious leader look bad. It's really a shame that GC is still supporting him.

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 2 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]128848[/snapback]

I agree, there is a Wal-Mart mindset that says, "People are going to keep shopping there, anyway."

On the other hand, how may people want a new Wal-Mart in their own neighborhood? How many people are going to "sign on" to Wal-Mart when it gets personal and up close?

http://www.globest.com/news/531_531/baltimore/145364-1.html

CROFTON, MD-The Greater Crofton Council has voted against Wal-Mart’s plan to build a 143,000-sf store in the town. The vote came down in a meeting attended by more than 300 area residents.
During the meeting, city representatives and residents voiced their concerns about the traffic and crime the project could bring to the Anne Arundel County town, as well as potential damage to the environment.

And with 3ABN:

How many people are going to do the unpaid volunteer work of going to cable companies and saying, "Please, please put Danny's private corporation on the cable TV system? I really need to help Danny keep his horses fed."

Or, "I think Danny needs to a bigger jet this year, I'll add a codicil to my will and make it happen."

That could be a horse of a different color.

--------------------
life is too short to knit with ugly yarn....
www.knitfloozy.blogspot.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church