Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10056&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:25:40 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Appeal
Jvat
post Aug 4 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 514

Hey, Uncle Sam, waiting for you. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Aug 4 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(Jvat @ Aug 4 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]143307[/snapback]

Hey, Uncle Sam, waiting for you. Thanks!

Sorry, I haven't had too much time lately. I saw where some of the employees live. 3Abn housing...it was REALLY bad. I had only seen the nice apartments before. Also, in the John Lomacang's sermon for the 10 Commandment weekend, it was on adultery. He said some things which I felt were "attacks" on Linda. I wrote him about it and I feel like he lied to me either that or the devil really has him snowed....

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 4 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Thank you, Uncle Sam. Please add what ever more you remember later.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 6 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sister @ Jul 22 2006, 08:56 PM) [snapback]141324[/snapback]

LadyTenor, you are now facing the dilemma that many current and former 3ABN employees have experienced. Is it possible to separate the actions of the administration of 3ABN, beginning with Danny Shelton and going on down the list, with the Christ centered programming that it airs? Those of us who have struggled with this quandary have also felt the pangs of indecision in regard to what at first sight appears an irreconcilable dichotomy. One the one hand, there is the carefully hidden corruption that has existed behind the scenes: the fraudulent claims upon which Danny has built up the ministry and his orchestrated campaigns of deceit designed to put into disrepute the reputations of those who choose to question his duplicitous actions. On the other hand there is the Christ centered programming...

There was a time when 3ABN had the monopoly on SDA programming, but it is no longer the only show in town. Now there is the Hope channel, SDA programming without a dictator. It has much of the same programming that 3ABN has from other SDA sources and it is producing more original programming all the time. In addition, if all the SDA’s that are now donating to 3ABN would switch to Hope, it would continue to grow much faster than 3ABN did in the same number of years and there would be accountability for all donated funds. NO MORE SECRETS, which has become the downfall of the house that Danny built.

What if everyone started a write in campaign to get Hope on Dish Network, instead of 3ABN? Then the same 30 million subscribers would still have the same opportunity to have Christ centered programming. It might be much less embarrassing to the church when Danny Shelton’s unchristlike behavior is finally revealed publically. So now you can actively support the spread of the Gospel and leave Danny behind in the dust.
No, it is not wrong to want to see injustice end. Millions of people can still be exposed to the Gospel without lining Danny Shelton's pockets. 3ABN is no longer the only show in town. And I am sure the day will come when Danny will have to account for his sins like any other church member who might have done what he did given the same lack of accountability.

Don't let go LadyTenor! Danny's victims need voices like yours that are willing to plead their case. Individuals like you who love the Lord and who are willing to speak for those whose voices have been silenced. Linda is not the only one under a gag order. For others it is not through signing a contract under duress, but through the circumstances of their current employment. I know of a certain individual who could loose their current position in another Adventist organization if that person where to become too involved publically in the situation involving Danny, Linda and 3ABN.
Like Christ, we can become the advocate of those who have suffered at the hands of Danny Shelton.

I think we'd probably have more luck with DirecTV adding the Hope Channel, because Dish Network and Sky Angel still have that contract in place between the two giving Sky Angel first choice over Dish Network regarding all religious networks. Sky Angel recently released 3ABN from that contract allowing 3ABN to seek carriage on Dish Network

I have not heard that the Hope Channel has gotten Sky Angel to release Hope from the Sky Angel / Dish Network agreement.

Therefore, Hope Channel needs to ask Sky Angel what their plans are for "Hope Channel." Does Sky Angel want Hope Channel or not? With their crippled Echostar III satellite, will Sky Angel even have space for Hope Channel in the future? If not, Hope Channel should be allowed to approach Dish Network in exactly the same way 3ABN is doing.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/conte...assetId=1100070

And why are the churches passing out 3ABN postcards to be mailed to Dish Network and not Hope Channel postcards to DirecTV?

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Aug 6 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

Hello Black SDA Friends:

I am new to the web site and became a member in order to comment on the Danny Shelton mess. I live in Berrien Springs, Michigan and am a member of the Village SDA Church. I am, however, considering making a change of membership to the new, Full Gospel Adventist Fellowship/Greater Works Ministry. This is a group being led by a wonderful black ministerial staff in the young ages of 21-30 years old. (I must confess that as a 'old white lady' I have a bit of trouble with their music but don't be too hard on me, okay?) These young people have become acquainted with the teachings of the 'heretical' charismatics who teach a living, breathing working faith which I have never seen in the SDA Church in the whole of my life. God began introducing me to these teachings several years ago by a book called "The Tongue, A Creative Force." I called my 'spiritual advisor' who is a staunch SDA teacher (adjunct professor at Seminary). He just chuckled and said, "Well now, you have run onto one of my sources!" That let me know that I was not being led down the wrong path and I have been examining this teaching since then. I had come to the conclusion that there needs to be a Full Gospel SDA Church which keeps our core doctrines and adds the living faith element of the charismatics. Do they teach the Sabbath, right state of the dead and correct prophetic understanding? No, but they do have a real handle on how to communicate with God in issues of healing, Godly prosperity, who we are in Christ, for a start. They need to understand our doctrines of absolute biblical facts and add to them the heart of Christ as we also need to understand exactly what Christ did for us at the Cross. We think we have the 'truth' but we fall far short of complete gospel truth as Jesus lived it while He was here on earth. ---When I saw the listing in the phone book for the Full Gospel Adventist Fellowship I immediately got in touch with them and am very happy with the direction they are going.

Now to the 3ABN Saga: Question? Does anyone know exactly whether there could have been any other place on the earth for 3ABN to be located? According to Danny there was not. If that is true, then I believe God used what He had in His Hand--And who of us knows but that for a period of time, Danny was listening to God, at least enough that God was able to set up 3ABN through him. It occurs to me that God is now waiting for Danny to 'fill his cup of iniquity' and that perhaps our own efforts to make a change in this situation is only muddying the the waters, keeping God on the sidelines. Perhaps, if we just spend our time in prayer asking God to clean up His work, in His way, it would free Him up to do what He wants to do. I believe Linda was the saving grace of the station for it's growth and influence. At the moment, I believe also that Shelly Quinn might also have been brought on board because of her Full Gospel background to learn all she can about running a project such as 3ABN so that she and Linda can take over the ministry when God has had enough of Danny.

As to Danny and his abusive behavior along with other family members who have not been prosecuted to date, this is the only area where I see that we as people who care about children
have a responsibility to be watchful and follow through with the prosecution of the pedophilia and abuse of children. As to the board members they are only acting in the controlling manner in which they have always run their own lives - according to the 'checklist'.

I have more thought on the matter but this is a start. Thanks for listening and giving me your best thoughts on what I have said.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 6 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(JustTana @ Aug 6 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]143547[/snapback]

Hello Black SDA Friends:

I am new to the web site and became a member in order to comment on the Danny Shelton mess. I live in Berrien Springs, Michigan and am a member of the Village SDA Church. I am, however, considering making a change of membership to the new, Full Gospel Adventist Fellowship/Greater Works Ministry. This is a group being led by a wonderful black ministerial staff in the young ages of 21-30 years old. (I must confess that as a 'old white lady' I have a bit of trouble with their music but don't be too hard on me, okay?) These young people have become acquainted with the teachings of the 'heretical' charismatics who teach a living, breathing working faith which I have never seen in the SDA Church in the whole of my life. God began introducing me to these teachings several years ago by a book called "The Tongue, A Creative Force." I called my 'spiritual advisor' who is a staunch SDA teacher (adjunct professor at Seminary). He just chuckled and said, "Well now, you have run onto one of my sources!" That let me know that I was not being led down the wrong path and I have been examining this teaching since then. I had come to the conclusion that there needs to be a Full Gospel SDA Church which keeps our core doctrines and adds the living faith element of the charismatics. Do they teach the Sabbath, right state of the dead and correct prophetic understanding? No, but they do have a real handle on how to communicate with God in issues of healing, Godly prosperity, who we are in Christ, for a start. They need to understand our doctrines of absolute biblical facts and add to them the heart of Christ as we also need to understand exactly what Christ did for us at the Cross. We think we have the 'truth' but we fall far short of complete gospel truth as Jesus lived it while He was here on earth. ---When I saw the listing in the phone book for the Full Gospel Adventist Fellowship I immediately got in touch with them and am very happy with the direction they are going.

Now to the 3ABN Saga: Question? Does anyone know exactly whether there could have been any other place on the earth for 3ABN to be located? According to Danny there was not. If that is true, then I believe God used what He had in His Hand--And who of us knows but that for a period of time, Danny was listening to God, at least enough that God was able to set up 3ABN through him. It occurs to me that God is now waiting for Danny to 'fill his cup of iniquity' and that perhaps our own efforts to make a change in this situation is only muddying the the waters, keeping God on the sidelines. Perhaps, if we just spend our time in prayer asking God to clean up His work, in His way, it would free Him up to do what He wants to do. I believe Linda was the saving grace of the station for it's growth and influence. At the moment, I believe also that Shelly Quinn might also have been brought on board because of her Full Gospel background to learn all she can about running a project such as 3ABN so that she and Linda can take over the ministry when God has had enough of Danny.

As to Danny and his abusive behavior along with other family members who have not been prosecuted to date, this is the only area where I see that we as people who care about children have a responsibility to be watchful and follow through with the prosecution of the pedophilia and abuse of children. As to the board members they are only acting in the controlling manner in which they have always run their own lives - according to the 'checklist'.

I have more thought on the matter but this is a start. Thanks for listening and giving me your best thoughts on what I have said.

Welcome to BSDA and I am so glad that you recognize that indeed there is a "mess" at Danny Shelton's 3ABN.

However, as to my "best thoughts" on what you have said..... I simply do not know any way to put this gently or tactfully. But yes, it is indeed, a real possibility that Shelly Quinn was "brought on board" because of her Pentacostal background, and that is, IMO, one of the strongest marks against her ... at least in "my book". I am not acquainted with the Full Gospel group in Berrien Springs... and this is a term that can be and is used in a variety of different ways, from ways that do indeed emphasize the gospel of Jesus Christ, to those which encompass even Third Wave Pentacostal beliefs. But Adventism and Pentacostalism are at their core, very different.

It is quite possible that someone fully grounded in scripture could read the book "The Tongue, A Creative Force." and retain the primacy of scripture as the source of information and retain the primary attitude of the Christian ... that God is God and I am not ... and when I pray to God, or when I quote His words as written in scripture, they have no "magical" power that is intrinsic to the words such as is indicated by this quotation from the on-line advertisement for this book...... "God's creative power is still just as it was in the beginning of time, when He stood there and said, "Light --be," and light was. His Word spoken from your mouth and conceived in your heart becomes a spiritual force releasing His ability within you."

This, my friend is very close to blasphemy. It is the natural extension.... or it is what leads to.... I am not sure which..... the very attitude that Sister and Bear and others have been telling us about when they describe the "God-complex" and how it has been introduced and how it has grown at 3ABN. It is falling for the lie....."you shall be like gods".... as Sister described in her segment of 3ABN history found at http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=128373

It is true that legalistic Adventism may lack a lot. And there may be much of the warmth and caring reflected in Charismatic churches which can set us a good example. And certainly, we need the full gospel of Jesus Christ.... when that phrase is understood in a doctrinally sound manner. But we do NOT need the mysticism of the underlying doctrines of the Pentecostal movement. They are a one-way road into the "docrines of devils" .... even though they may appear to be "angels of light".

+Quote Post
paleface
post Aug 6 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,991

I am new to blogging so I do not know if I am in the correct topic for some questions I have. I have never done this before.
Question one: Sometime several months ago, Danny was going on and on concerning going to court pertaining to paying taxes or avoiding paying taxes on the 3ABN property. What was the outcome?

Question two: How is Linda doing? Is she still able to attend church and have a dynamite good time loving our Lord Jesus Christ? I hope all of her congregation is loving her with Christian love.

Paleface

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 6 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(paleface @ Aug 6 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]143585[/snapback]

I am new to blogging so I do not know if I am in the correct topic for some questions I have. I have never done this before.
Question one: Sometime several months ago, Danny was going on and on concerning going to court pertaining to paying taxes or avoiding paying taxes on the 3ABN property. What was the outcome?

Question two: How is Linda doing? Is she still able to attend church and have a dynamite good time loving our Lord Jesus Christ? I hope all of her congregation is loving her with Christian love.

Paleface

Welcome Paleface. This is a forum, not a blog, so things are arranged in topics. Some of these topics have been going for more than two years. Some are of more recent origin. It is a really really good idea to do a LOT of reading before you start asking questions, since it is very likely that you will find that we have already discussed these things before. I would suggest reading though all the pages of the menu first, just to see what topics have been discussed. Then when you see one that seems to interest you, check it out. Somewhere along the way you'll find the most appropriate places to place your questions.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 6 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(paleface @ Aug 6 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]143585[/snapback]

Paleface

Welcome to BSDA Paleface!
To question one, if you can not find the answer inside the 3abn section here at BSDA, let me know. You can search in the search field and should find something.
To your second question, Linda is doing great. The Lord sustains her continuously because she has learned to trust Him in ALL things. She always needs our prayers. Her road has been rough, but God has been SO good to her.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 7 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(JustTana @ Aug 6 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]143547[/snapback]
. . . .
Now to the 3ABN Saga:

Question? Does anyone know exactly whether there could have been any other place on the earth for 3ABN to be located? According to Danny there was not. If that is true, then I believe God used what He had in His Hand--And who of us knows but that for a period of time, Danny was listening to God, at least enough that God was able to set up 3ABN through him.

And if it turns out to be false?........... Does that mean that God did not use him?

There is quite a difference between being "used by God" and claiming to have a special vision, special commission, and even a special dispensation from God..... pointing to 1) the success of one's endeavors, 2) the extent to which God "is using" them, and/or 3) "all the miracles" that God has wrought for or through them, and parading these as being both "signs" and proofs that this "vision" and special "godlike" status did/does in fact, exist.

This brings up several basic questions which really need to be answered in this regard......

1) Is success and prosperity a "sign" of God's special favor/approval/commissioning? [hint..... check out the psalm where David says that when he saw the prosperity of the wicked, it almost made him stumble.]

2) Are miracles a "sign" of God's special favor? [hint.... check out scripture where it speaks of "lying miracles"...... and the proliferation of such in "the last days".]

3) Does God use only the righteous to accomplish his purposes? [hint.... scripture again, He makes even the wrath of men to praise Him".]

4) Should every coincidence be elevated to the level of "miracle"?

Now back to your specific question, " Does anyone know exactly whether there could have been any other place on the earth for 3ABN to be located? According to Danny there was not."

I have been informed by a professional who is knowledgeable in this specific area, and he said that while it is true that "it was the only place within a few square miles of where it is that it could have worked. There are billions of other places on earth that would have worked just as well. The issue was microwave interferance. This is not an issue hardly anywhere on earth."

So.... what are we to think? Is this "miracle story" all that Danny claims for it? Or is this one more case of an over-inflated helium balloon that has been used for support of Danny's claims of "divine mandate to rule"? In a poll, I would vote for the latter. And I am not the only one who thinks that when enough of these "miracle balloons" are punctured so the hot air, smoke, and fog escapes and the balloon collapses, we shall see the "fall of the house of Shelton", and "great will be the fall thereof.

The question that remains is..... will our church have cut all ties to it before that happens?

I agree with JusTana as she goes on to comment: "It occurs to me that God is now waiting for Danny to 'fill his cup of iniquity'"..... and I would add that I think God is waiting also for the revealing of who are partners with him in his "iniquities", who have been innocent collaborators with him, truly not knowing of his (nor his partners) "iniquities", and who are victims..... waiting for the victims to be moved to places of safety.... waiting for all who will to "come out and be separate" and cut all the "ties that bind".

But I strongly disagree as JusTana goes on to say, " and that perhaps our own efforts to make a change in this situation is only muddying the the waters, keeping God on the sidelines. Perhaps, if we just spend our time in prayer asking God to clean up His work, in His way, it would free Him up to do what He wants to do."

There have been many posts written both pro and con on issue, so I highly recommend that you read broadly so as to see what others have already said. For me, I see these efforts, not as "muddying the waters", but as digging out the things which are causing them to be "muddy". And I see all who are engaged in that work as working closely with God, seeking direction from Him constantly as to what He wants them to do in order to be his workman in accomplishing "what He wants to do".

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 7 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

What about the proper electrical voltage aspect of this? Was this a true happening where it wasn't necessary to expend extra dollars in this area?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 7 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 7 2006, 04:29 PM) [snapback]143716[/snapback]

What about the proper electrical voltage aspect of this? Was this a true happening where it wasn't necessary to expend extra dollars in this area?

History of 3ABN

"As progress on the project continued, Shelton discovered three-phase power would be required to operate the station. Larson indicated that the cost to run lines from the nearest main road was prohibitive. But upon investigation he discovered three-phase power lines a few hundred feet (about a hundred meters) away from the property, simply following a country road. When Shelton contacted the power company, he asked why those lines ran through open fields away from any factories or heavy machinery. The power company responded, "We honestly have no idea."

I believe that Clarence Larson became one of Danny's employees. It's possible this may be a doctored story to impress the gullible. The 3ABN followers seem to like the "miracle stories." There is a three-phase power line at the N-NE side of the original piece of property.

Clarence and Danny never say they inspected the entire length of the power line to see if there were any other facilities using three-phase power. Notice (below) how the first three-phase alternating current line in the year 1891 was 175 kilometres long. 175 kilometres is 108.74 miles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_power_transmission

The first transmission of three-phase alternating current using high voltage took place in the year 1891 on the occasion of the international electricity exhibition in Frankfurt. In that year, a 25 kV transmission line, approximately 175 kilometres long, was built between Lauffen at the Neckar and Frankfurt.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 7 2006, 05:47 PM

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 7 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

So what's the bottom line?

Another false miracle?

Is there any way to check out the three-phase story with the Power Company?

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 7 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 7 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]143730[/snapback]

So what's the bottom line?

Another false miracle?

Is there any way to check out the three-phase story with the Power Company?

Discovering electric lines in Illinois isn't much of a "front page" story.

Electical power lines are such a typical and mundane part of the Illinois "rust belt" landscape that I doubt power companies would have "stories" about specific power poles. Illinois residents drive past thousands and thousands of power lines every day and I'm sure their minds just filter these lines out.

The combination of electric power lines and Illinois doesn't spell "miracle" in my book.
To me, that's the same as the "miracle" of finding hamburgers at McDonald's or trees in the national forest.

I just wouldn't place too much "weight" on a story like this one.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jul 21 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

I was directed to a post I made here by somebody in the SDA section of Christian Forums. It was used to substantiate that I want to see the demise of 3ABN.

Here's the link to the post in this topic:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=141393

I told them that I do not want to see the demise of 3ABN. Perhaps the demise of some of its leaders, but not the demise of 3ABN.

I don't believe that is the desire of any of us here.

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:25 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church