Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10379&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:27:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn, Stop IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
DebNC
post Aug 10 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #1

Welcome Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,055

doh.gif If you don't know what is true why perpetuate the problem by passing along gossip and hearsay when you yourself don't know what is true. Why would the 3ABN board ask Linda to leave and not Danny? Linda was the one who draws viewers to the show. Have you ever talked to Danny with tears in his voice? And he NEVER said a bad word about Linda. Every bit of it has been he said she said when Danny has not said a word! So stop it! Everyone just needs to stop it! Our church has been through far great tragedies, like the Great Disappointment when the whole world thought we were crazy. But we came through and are the fastest growing church in the world. So stop it. Don't you trust God to handle this without our help? If you don't trust God to handle it you need to read my book. He didn't need us at creation, He will not need us when He restores the earth, He don't need us to help run heaven and straighten it out. He doesn't need us on earth to straighten this out either. "Thou will be done on EARTH as it is done in heaven." We are the ones stopping His will from being done on EARTH because WE CAN FIX ANYTHING without Him.

In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes
www.In-His-Service.org
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny. Most of all, watch Jesus and you will become like Him." - Author Unknown
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 10 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

welcome to the forum and thank you for your comments.... however, stopping our discussion about 3abn probably will not happen.... not today anyway..... Danny has said several bad words about Linda, maybe you missed them....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 10 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #3

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Just as you are stating that he "has never said a bad word about Linda...." we have letters directly from the man to this board/operators of this board.... that say much more.....

I advise reading all of the 3ABN threads here....reading all of the personal letters....and all the personal accounts of people that have worked right next to Danny & Linda particularly during the divorce saga.

After reading all of that and not seeing Danny as being a part of "something" fishy - then ..... my LERD!

nonono.gif

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Aug 10 2006, 07:45 AM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Denny
post Aug 10 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(DebNC @ Aug 10 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]144149[/snapback]

doh.gif If you don't know what is true why perpetuate the problem by passing along gossip and hearsay when you yourself don't know what is true. Why would the 3ABN board ask Linda to leave and not Danny? Linda was the one who draws viewers to the show. Have you ever talked to Danny with tears in his voice? And he NEVER said a bad word about Linda. Every bit of it has been he said she said when Danny has not said a word! So stop it! Everyone just needs to stop it! Our church has been through far great tragedies, like the Great Disappointment when the whole world thought we were crazy. But we came through and are the fastest growing church in the world. So stop it. Don't you trust God to handle this without our help? If you don't trust God to handle it you need to read my book. He didn't need us at creation, He will not need us when He restores the earth, He don't need us to help run heaven and straighten it out. He doesn't need us on earth to straighten this out either. "Thou will be done on EARTH as it is done in heaven." We are the ones stopping His will from being done on EARTH because WE CAN FIX ANYTHING without Him.

In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes
www.In-His-Service.org
"Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny. Most of all, watch Jesus and you will become like Him." - Author Unknown

Probably the same thing said by well meaning good Christian Adventist folks during slavery, the rise of the Nazis, the rise of Jim Crow laws, the rise of aparthied.... yes we real good at dealing with injustices we just leave it to de lawd to sort ou twhile we go to church every sabbath like good sabbath keepers cos we are de remant.... rolleyes.gif

P.S I also have a book to plug its called Plug your book somewhere else

This post has been edited by Denny: Aug 10 2006, 08:13 AM

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 10 2006, 08:06 AM
Post #5

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Aug 10 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]144153[/snapback]

Probably the same thing said by well meaning good Christian Adventist folks during slavery, the rise of the Nazis, the rise of Jim Crow laws, the rise of aparthied.... yes we real good at dealing with injustices we just leave it to de lawd to sort ou twhile we go to church every sabbath like good sabbath keepers cos we are de remant.... rolleyes.gif

giggle.gif

My LERD you are so on pernt!

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Denny
post Aug 10 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 10 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]144158[/snapback]

giggle.gif

My LERD you are so on pernt!

snack.gif

offtopic.gif Just a thought does not remnant mean what is left almost like leftovers? when you think of it that way its not something to boast about is it? scratchchin.gif

This post has been edited by Denny: Aug 10 2006, 08:13 AM

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
beanchild
post Aug 10 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 770

dang, denny. you hot today aintchu. lol_2.gif

--------------------
"NATURAL FABRIC! NATURAL FABRIC!!!"
largo, mt, 961

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 10 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

ITA, Read then post. don't post again until you read. yes.gif
QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 10 2006, 06:44 AM) [snapback]144152[/snapback]

Just as you are stating that he "has never said a bad word about Linda...." we have letters directly from the man to this board/operators of this board.... that say much more.....

I advise reading all of the 3ABN threads here....reading all of the personal letters....and all the personal accounts of people that have worked right next to Danny & Linda particularly during the divorce saga.

After reading all of that and not seeing Danny as being a part of "something" fishy - then ..... my LERD!

nonono.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Spike
post Aug 10 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,880

Those who have too little courage to reprove wrong, or who through indolence or lack of interest make no earnest effort to purify the family or the church of God, are held accountable for the evil that may result from neglect of duty. We are just as responsible for evils that we might have checcked in others by exercise of parental or pastoral authority, as if the acts had been our own. Patriarchs and Prophets, p.578

+Quote Post
BrotherBill
post Aug 10 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,016

QUOTE(DebNC @ Aug 10 2006, 09:33 AM) [snapback]144149[/snapback]

In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes
www.In-His-Service.org

You are right Debra that we should not perpetuate gossip. The problem is, I don't believe that is happening here. I WAS there counseling with Linda and Danny during their break-up and divorce. It is just not accurate to say that Danny never said a bad word about Linda. My wife and I were APPALLED and DISGUSTED by some of the things he said and actions he took. While I don't pretend to know everything that happened, I have not read anything on this forum that could not be true based on what I do know.

You are also right that this Church has been through far greater tragedies, but should that stop us from righting this one? The fact is that the truth is coming out, the Church will have to deal with it, and the Church will be stronger if they do what is right.

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Aug 10 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(DebNC @ Aug 10 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]144149[/snapback]

In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes
www.In-His-Service.org

It is precisely our church's inability and/or unwillingness to deal with issues that has us drinking from the same fountain over and over and over again even though the water makes us sick... doh.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 10 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #12

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(beanchild @ Aug 10 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]144165[/snapback]

dang, denny. you hot today aintchu. lol_2.gif

She sho' is! spoton.gif

QUOTE(BrotherBill @ Aug 10 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]144173[/snapback]

You are right Debra that we should not perpetuate gossip. The problem is, I don't believe that is happening here. I WAS there counseling with Linda and Danny during their break-up and divorce. It is just not accurate to say that Danny never said a bad word about Linda. My wife and I were APPALLED and DISGUSTED by some of the things he said and actions he took. While I don't pretend to know everything that happened, I have not read anything on this forum that could not be true based on what I do know.

You are also right that this Church has been through far greater tragedies, but should that stop us from righting this one? The fact is that the truth is coming out, the Church will have to deal with it, and the Church will be stronger if they do what is right.

The key is "IF" they deal with it......

IF - and that's a big "IF"!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 10 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 10 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]144191[/snapback]

She sho' is! spoton.gif
The key is "IF" they deal with it......

IF - and that's a big "IF"!!!

yes.gif Yup..... sho' is.....

But....... "HOW" is even bigger......... bangin.gif

Anyway you measure it ........ doh.gif....... rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Aug 10 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(DebNC @ Aug 10 2006, 08:33 AM) [snapback]144149[/snapback]

Our church has been through far great tragedies, like the Great Disappointment when the whole world thought we were crazy.

What does this mean? Sounds like a strange standard. Lots of bad people and bad organizations go through great tragedies. Lots of good people and good organizations go through great tragedies. I don't get it.

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Aug 10 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #15

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,672

You go Denny! You are sizzlin today!

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church