Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10427&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda's employment post 3ABN, and other miscellaneous issues
watchbird
post Aug 13 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(msraccoon @ Aug 13 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]144798[/snapback]

Me thinks this "infallible humanbeing" is getting way too much press. Look at the stats: He/she joined 2 days ago and has submitted 30 posts designed to stir up those who are concerned about 3ABN's leadership. Then we give this individual over 1,000 views/reads. Isn't this just what infallible wants?

msraccoon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 13 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]144799[/snapback]

in a word Y E S doh.gif

I don't think people are coming here to read what fallable had to say. I think they are coming to read because since post #105, we have had important information posted here.

I think it is time for this thread to be split, and let fallable's stuff sink into the oblivion they deserve.

Clay....... Calvin........ Somebody....... where are you? We need a "splitter" here!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 13 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 13 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]144806[/snapback]

Clay....... Calvin........ Somebody....... where are you? We need a "splitter" here!

wow.gif.......... It's done already. Looky everbody..... we have a nice new room ....... signthankspin.gif......

Let the conversations resume......... tabletalk.gif..............

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 13 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

wooohooo it's clean again smile.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Chez
post Aug 14 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(BrotherBill @ Aug 12 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]144688[/snapback]

3 ABN has been, and continues to minimize Linda because Danny has clearly defined the sides. You are either with him, or against him. The moment he decided he was done with Linda, she was the enemy and did not deserve to have a job. If Linda were able to speak, the truth might would come out while she still had the following she did. Now, the truth is coming out, but her supporters have been bombarded for 2 + years with one side of the story.

Her gag order did not prohibit Linda from speaking at any meeting, convention, or other function. She just was not allowed to speak negatively about 3ABN. However, she has been prohibited from speaking just the same, presumably because of the assumption of what she would say.
Frankly, I have not seen the documentation from the Conferences, but all of the Pastors in my conference got one that suggested she was too controversial to have speak at the Churches. Of course, probably more consequential is the number of average SDA's who get 3ABN, watch it all the time, and assume she is guilty of adultery. They just don't know any better, and they will not let her come to the Church either.

I am tired of pastors not knowing any better. What happened to the Holy Spirit who will lead us into all truth? What happened to the discernment that the Holy Spirit gives us? Are you telling me that our pastors are not praying and receiving guidance from God or are they just not listening and acting on what the Holy Spirit says? By prohibiting Linda from sharing the Word in a public forum, they unwittingly agree with Danny and his cronies along with his marriage to Brandy. Or do they not know any better?

Who are these people who have the nerve to prohibit a child of God from attending his Church or going to his house? This is dangerous. When God says enough, ..... have mercy.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 14 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Chez @ Aug 14 2006, 01:06 AM) [snapback]144906[/snapback]

I am tired of pastors not knowing any better. What happened to the Holy Spirit who will lead us into all truth? What happened to the discernment that the Holy Spirit gives us? Are you telling me that our pastors are not praying and receiving guidance from God or are they just not listening and acting on what the Holy Spirit says? By prohibiting Linda from sharing the Word in a public forum, they unwittingly agree with Danny and his cronies along with his marriage to Brandy. Or do they not know any better?

Who are these people who have the nerve to prohibit a child of God from attending his Church or going to his house? This is dangerous. When God says enough, ..... have mercy.

the Holy Spirit will indeed lead and guide... the question is are they seeking his guidance... from the looks of things.... no they are not....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
summertime
post Aug 14 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 12 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]144702[/snapback]

That is just it, 3abn is a business. 3abn did not owe Linda any severance nor was she entitled to one. All an employer owes you is a honest days pay for a honest days work. Most states in the US operation under the doctrine of "employment at will" meaning just like you can quit a job anytime an employer terminate your employment for most any reason they want to. It's business.

The thing that bothers me is that 3ABN is called a business. If what Danny has consistently said about the God above calling him to spread the message throughout the world is accurate, then would one say that God had called him to start a business?. Any man/woman can start a business. Is telling the world about the soon coming Saviour a business? Or is it a challange to do the work of the Lord?. Is the work of the General Conference a business? Or is it a God directed entity whose job it is to prepare the world with the 3 angels message? Was Sister White called by God to start a business, or was she called to further the work of God by sharing and writing the things that God revealed to her? I am deeply troubled by the fact that apparently the Illinois judge has called 3ABN a private Shelton family business ( if I read it correctly). and our denomination still stands by the fact that Danny is the 'face of Adventism'

If Danny wants to run a business let him go out and build a profitable organization which will enable him to have all the amenities of a wealthy man. Maybe I am wrong. Of course any Godlike organization has to have structure and bylaws but can we really call it a business? I had always considered 3ABN as God's Network, perhaps founded by Danny and Linda Shelton, but the purpose was not to move, shove or get out of the way. The purpose of the Network was to let the world know that Jesus is coming. How much Gospel was spread by the things that were said these past few days by J. Lomacang and Shelly Quinn?. How many dollars have been spent--dollars which were donated by people who thought they were doing the Lord's work by sacrificing worldly pleasures to tell the world about Jesus? If by any chance new listeners were hearing recent discussions(?) by Lomacang and Quinn--how many of them heard the story of the 3angels message? If I turned that stuff on for the first time I would turn the channel quickly. Maybe they have been thrown off Sky Angel for a purpose at this time.

If 3ABN is a private family business, then it would seem to me that all the assets of the business (?) would have been split properly and Danny and Linda would have each gotten half of whatever the business (?) was worth. How much is this business (?) worth? If I had thought that my donations were being put into the family business I would have never sent them a dime.

Linda was not an employee of 3ABN. She was the co-founder of 3ABN. Do they call Shilling an employee of Enron? I think not. Otherwise he would not be heading for jail.

This post has been edited by summertime: Aug 14 2006, 09:42 AM

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 14 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(summertime @ Aug 14 2006, 08:35 AM) [snapback]144932[/snapback]

The thing that bothers me is that 3ABN is called a business. If what Danny has consistently said about the God above calling him to spread the message throughout the world is accurate, then would one say that God had called him to start a business?. Any man/woman can start a business. Is telling the world about the soon coming Saviour a business? Or is it a challange to do the work of the Lord?. Is the work of the General Conference a business? Or is it a God directed entity whose job it is to prepare the world with the 3 angels message? Was Sister White called by God to start a business, or was she called to further the work of God by sharing and writing the things that God revealed to her? I am deeply troubled by the fact that apparently the Illinois judge has called 3ABN a private Shelton family business ( if I read it correctly). and our denomination still stands by the fact that Danny is the 'face of Adventism'

If Danny wants to run a business let him go out and build a profitable organization which will enable him to have all the amenities of a wealthy man. Maybe I am wrong. Of course any Godlike organization has to have structure and bylaws but can we really call it a business? I had always considered 3ABN as God's Network, perhaps founded by Danny and Linda Shelton, but the purpose was not to move, shove or get out of the way. The purpose of the Network was to let the world know that Jesus is coming. How much Gospel was spread by the things that were said these past few days by J. Lomacang and Shelly Quinn?. How many dollars have been spent--dollars which were donated by people who thought they were doing the Lord's work by sacrificing worldly pleasures to tell the world about Jesus? If by any chance new listeners were hearing recent discussions(?) by Lomacang and Quinn--how many of them heard the story of the 3angels message? If I turned that stuff on for the first time I would turn the channel quickly. Maybe they have been thrown off Sky Angel for a purpose at this time.

If 3ABN is a private family business, then it would seem to me that all the assets of the business (?) would have been split properly and Danny and Linda would have each gotten half of whatever the business (?) was worth. How much is this business (?) worth? If I had thought that my donations were being put into the family business I would have never sent them a dime.

Linda was not an employee of 3ABN. She was the co-founder of 3ABN. Do they call Shilling an emoloyee of Enron? I think not. Otherwise he would not be heading for jail.

Here's an interesting revelation, at least it was to me. A while back I saw an appeal from Kay Kuzma referring to "those of us who are 3ABN SHAREHOLDERS". It set me to wondering how many "SHAREHOLDERS" there are. And how does one get to become a "SHAREHOLDER"? Did these "SHAREHOLDERS" perhaps "buy" each one, a "Position" at 3ABN? Perhaps they should be called "CHAIR-HOLDERS" since so many of them sit on a chair in on an advisory board.

What would happen happen to these "CHAIR-HOLDERS" if their investments in 3ABN were to become threatened by "cleaning house". ow many of the BIG WIGS there have "bought" their way into a job of high influence?

+Quote Post
tall73
post Aug 14 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 1,732

QUOTE(summertime @ Aug 14 2006, 08:35 AM) [snapback]144932[/snapback]

How much is this business (?) worth? If I had thought that my donations were being put into the family business I would have never sent them a dime.

This is the key to me. First of all, what is it worth? It seems according to the document in 2000-2001 it was worth around 3.5 mil. How much of that was later used for re-investment in the business, etc. is unclear. Moreover, the designation of a business was partly a result of the particular laws of that state. But all the same, the bigger question is still valid. How many people thought their donation was going to "business-like" use?

How many people anticipated paying for Linda's settlement for instance? If she did commit adultery, why should ministry money go to her? And if not, why would she need a settlement or dismissal?

The other thing that bothers me (and I don't think it is a legal issue), is that they were charging around 600k a year for ministries to buy air time, while making around double that amount in profit. If they want to spread the message, why not cut Amazing Facts, etc. a break? Part of it could be saving for a rainy day, but overall it does look more like a business. That may not be scandal worthy in itself ,but it does bother me. And how many donors know they are doing that?

This post has been edited by tall73: Aug 14 2006, 12:10 PM

+Quote Post
summertime
post Aug 16 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 12 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]144702[/snapback]

That is just it, 3abn is a business. 3abn did not owe Linda any severance nor was she entitled to one. All an employer owes you is a honest days pay for a honest days work. Most states in the US operation under the doctrine of "employment at will" meaning just like you can quit a job anytime an employer terminate your employment for most any reason they want to. It's business.

Again I say, so 3ABN is a business? Does a man have a right to come before millions of people and tell them that he was ordered by God for him to start a "business"? I thought that he has claimed that he was told to build a christian network that would spread an undiluted 3Angels Message to the world. Now, did God instruct him to build a business that would make himself and others rich or was he to spend donations from millions of people to spred the word of God?. Is that a 'business' or is that a 'ministry?" I know that the state of Illinois said that 3ABN is a SHelton family personal business. Then why aren't they paying income taxes to the government just like the rest of us?

Now, how much money is Danny and Brandy going to spend while they are on a break for restoration and revival? Three months--less or more. Who is going to pay while they take 'time out'---the donors of 3ABN or will he use the money that he has accumulated over the years while he was buying houses, horses and jet planes? Somebody is going to pay for the 'vacation'. How many people's savings are going to be sent to Danny so he can revive and reform?

Linda was not an employee--she was a co-founder---she should have been treated like one. Is Danny an employee of 3ABN? Look on the inside of your next program schedule that is sent out. There is a picture of Danny and his title is founder---he was a co-founder-just like Linda.

This post has been edited by summertime: Aug 16 2006, 10:16 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 16 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ Aug 16 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]145390[/snapback]

Again I say, so 3ABN is a business? Does a man have a right to come before millions of people and tell them that he was ordered by God for him to start a "business"? I thought that he has claimed that he was told to build a christian network that would spread an undiluted 3Angels Message to the world. Now, did God instruct him to build a business that would make himself and others rich or was he to spend donations from millions of people to spred the word of God?. Is that a 'business' or is that a 'ministry?" I know that the state of Illinois said that 3ABN is a SHelton family personal business. Then why aren't they paying income taxes to the government just like the rest of us?

Now, how much money is Danny and Brandy going to spend while they are on a break for restoration and revival? Three months--less or more. Who is going to pay while they take 'time out'---the donors of 3ABN or will he use the money that he has accumulated over the years while he was buying houses, horses and jet planes? Somebody is going to pay for the 'vacation'. How many people's savings are going to be sent to Danny so he can revive and reform?

Linda was not an employee--she was a co-founder---she should have been treated like one. Is Danny an employee of 3ABN? Look on the inside of your next program schedule that is sent out. There is a picture of Danny and his title is founder---he was a co-founder-just like Linda.

Good questions summertime ........

Here's another ....... how comes no one is saying anything about restitution? The way I was taught, true repentance brings forth fruit, not only "revival and reform" but restitution of what has been taken wrongly. It's real easy to say "I'm a sinner just like all sinners, and God washes away my sins when I "repent and am baptized". But what is "repentence"? I think that is where the Zacchaeus story gives us valuable insights. True repentence is not only confession of sins.... but restitution of what has been taken. And not merely dollar for dollar, but restoring "four-fold". And that not only goes for Danny, but for all of the other "top eschelon" employees who have been paid premium wages and perks for encouraging Danny in his errant ways.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 16 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 16 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]145411[/snapback]

Here's another ....... how comes no one is saying anything about restitution? The way I was taught, true repentance brings forth fruit, not only "revival and reform" but restitution of what has been taken wrongly. It's real easy to say "I'm a sinner just like all sinners, and God washes away my sins when I "repent and am baptized". But what is "repentence"? I think that is where the Zacchaeus story gives us valuable insights. True repentence is not only confession of sins.... but restitution of what has been taken. And not merely dollar for dollar, but restoring "four-fold". And that not only goes for Danny, but for all of the other "top eschelon" employees who have been paid premium wages and perks for encouraging Danny in his errant ways.

Definitions per Websters Dictionary

Repent
1 : to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life

Amendment
1 : the act of amending : CORRECTION

doesn't that mean making things right?

This post has been edited by PaperTigers: Aug 16 2006, 11:25 AM

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 16 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 16 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]145411[/snapback]

Watchbird if you read the newest installment from Jorgen, he mentions restitution as well.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 16 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #43

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(summertime @ Aug 16 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]145390[/snapback]

Any operations/organization that receives and disburse monies are businesses. That includes ministries, your local church, GC, etc. Don’t get hung up on the type of business, be it a ministry (non-for-profit) or for-profit. 3ABN has employees and is required to withhold taxes, uses double entry accounting to record its transactions, pays bills, deposits funds, has a bank account, does sales and marketing, etc. These are all business functions.

Now if you want to debate and discuss whether 3ABN is a corrupt business then carry on.

Danny is an employee and so was Linda. He being the founder and owner has no bearing on his status as an employee. He receives a salary for service to 3ABN and gets a W2 every January as proof of his employment like all the other employees.

+Quote Post
Sapphire
post Aug 16 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #44

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,086

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 16 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]145411[/snapback]

Hi Watchbird,

I was always taught that there are consequences to our actions. At least that's what we spend the first several years of our childrens' lives teaching them.

In a church, if an offense is a public one, then the consequence and restitution needs to be public. It is my personal belief that Danny has gone to far down this road to humble himself in a way that is necessay to change this situation around and make it right. He is a very proud and stubborn man. I think he still believes he'll get away with it. no.gif

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 16 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

Considering the Zaccheus story, there is hope for everyone. Zaccheus being a corrupt leader of a corrupt organisation and publicly known for lining his pockets with stolen money could still be troubled over his life and be drawn to Jesus. And upon meeting Jesus melting compleately before Gods mercy. It does not appear that any of the contemporary characters is quite so infamous and perhaps not shameless enough to continue should he/she become widely infamous for it. There is hope for everyone till they curse God and die.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church