Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10436&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:56:38 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Court Case?
watchbird
post Aug 15 2006, 07:13 AM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 15 2006, 06:58 AM) [snapback]145095[/snapback]

Perhaps I shouldn't have posted what I posted about Stan here. I did it out of frustration of Stan trying to tell me what I can and can't do at MSDAOL to the extent that he has removed my access to the 3ABN Topics at Club Adventist and greatly limited my access and posting abilities elsewhere at Club Adventist, all because I was allowing thinngs at MSDAOL that he was then also allowing at Club Adventist. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't think so. I think it was good that you posted that here, and it would be good for us to note the specific topic that he objected to. Some of us have wondered for a long time why there was so much resistance to anything being said on CA that was negative towards Danny and 3ABN, and only with a great deal of care and a lot of editing was it possible to put anything on there at all. So my question is, do we get a slight clue from the fact that he came to MSDAOL and posted right along with everyone else .... until the topic of Garwin's control of the church came up. Then it was tantrum time ..... Did it maybe hit too close to ...... some place marked out as "forbidden territory" in his world?

................ sofa1.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Aug 15 2006, 07:38 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 15 2006, 05:42 AM) [snapback]145070[/snapback]

let's face it, some of us in the church don't like to discuss anything unpleasant and we don't want to believe that those in leadership positions could do anything wrong...

Would you say that the rest don't want to believe that the church could be wrong?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 15 2006, 07:45 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Rough7Seas @ Aug 15 2006, 07:38 AM) [snapback]145100[/snapback]

Would you say that the rest don't want to believe that the church could be wrong?

no I would say that to some the church is NEVER wrong...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 15 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 15 2006, 07:13 AM) [snapback]145098[/snapback]

I don't think so. I think it was good that you posted that here, and it would be good for us to note the specific topic that he objected to. Some of us have wondered for a long time why there was so much resistance to anything being said on CA that was negative towards Danny and 3ABN, and only with a great deal of care and a lot of editing was it possible to put anything on there at all. So my question is, do we get a slight clue from the fact that he came to MSDAOL and posted right along with everyone else .... until the topic of Garwin's control of the church came up. Then it was tantrum time ..... Did it maybe hit too close to ...... some place marked out as "forbidden territory" in his world?

................ sofa1.gif

sounds like that area is becoming or already is a sacred cow.... sacred cows are barbequed around these parts.... if one is going to look at the big picture then look at the big picture... don't get ticked cause questions are being asked that are uncomfortable..... of course Stan is always welcome to state here what his objection is... and answer any additional questions people may have...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 15 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 15 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]145103[/snapback]

sounds like that area is becoming or already is a sacred cow.... sacred cows are barbequed around these parts.... if one is going to look at the big picture then look at the big picture... don't get ticked cause questions are being asked that are uncomfortable..... of course Stan is always welcome to state here what his objection is... and answer any additional questions people may have...

"sacred cows"...... "barbequed"...... I love it ...... rofl1.gif .... notworthy.gif

Brunchtime .....................snack.gif pepsi.gif

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 15 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

We have a member named Stan.............. dunno.gif

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 14 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]145044[/snapback]

I don't know Di. IF so he has not identified himself to me.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 15 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #22

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

I have no ideal if this is the same Stan from CA

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 15 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 15 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]145125[/snapback]

I have no ideal if this is the same Stan from CA

The watchbird knows. PrincessDi knows. You can know too. yes.gif

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 15 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #24

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

The identity of anybody here is not important to me. All are welcome as long as they abide by a few common sense rules of conduct.

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 15 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 15 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]145102[/snapback]

no I would say that to some the church is NEVER wrong...

But in this case, we're not discussing "the church" nor even any sort of church entity! Calvin was spot on when he pointed out that 3ABN is a business. The Illinois state court judge concluded that 3ABN is a family business. Why don't we "get it" that 3ABN is a business?

It's business that just happens to exploit the Adventist message and the Adventist membership for profit. That makes if very far from being a "ministry" -- especially when you consider how they treat the folks who come to work in this "ministry."

Really now, if we take a look at the way Danny, Mollie, Walt & John L run the show, it's very clear that 3ABN is anything but a ministry. It's clearly a business. Once people "get that," the rest is much easier.

Again, let's join September in praying that God will open people's eyes. It's much better that Danny uses the rope he has to hang himself than for others to try to do it for him. And he can't seem to help himself from boasting sanctimoniously, accusing unspecified enemies and lying in such a manner that the thinking person can see -- certainly with the help of the Holy Spirit.

And just a word about Stan ...
Though I most thoroughly disagree with him, I really think that Stan would just like everyone to get along and play nice. In person, he's jolly and affable and makes everyone feel right at home. A couple of our boys and their wives, in discussing the personnell at the B.C. Conference office noted how unfriendly the whole staff seemed to be -- making visiting members feel like they're intruding in a private club. They pointed out that a business would never get away with such "service." However, they mentioned a couple notable exceptions -- Stan Jensen, who makes everyone feel welcome, and the Duane, the manager of the ABC. So, the way I figure it, Stan just can't believe that all this evil stuff about Danny can possibly be true. It is all just evil gossip, and he's closing his ears to this "gossip."

Like I said, I disagree, but I can understand ... sort of ...

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 15 2006, 05:56 PM

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 15 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I would like to think that this all is gossip over the thought that it is all true, however, I sadly feel that the bulk of it is true with some possible gossip here and there, and I stress some possible gossip.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 15 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 15 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]145252[/snapback]

But in this case, we're not discussing "the church" nor even any sort of church entity! Calvin was spot on when he pointed out that 3ABN is a business. The Illinois state court judge concluded that 3ABN is a family business. Why don't we "get it" that 3ABN is a business?

Oh, I think "we" get it, Inga. The problem is there are those who are still offering their money, prayers and support who don't. They don't because this business is being portrayed as a "ministry" So they don't get it because they are being lied to. Simple!

It's business that just happens to exploit the Adventist message and the Adventist membership for profit. That makes if very far from being a "ministry" -- especially when you consider how they treat the folks who come to work in this "ministry."

Really now, if we take a look at the way Danny, Mollie, Walt & John L run the show, it's very clear that 3ABN is anything but a ministry. It's clearly a business. Once people "get that," the rest is much easier.

Again, let's join September in praying that God will open people's eyes. It's much better that Danny uses the rope he has to hang himself than for others to try to do it for him. And he can't seem to help himself from boasting sanctimoniously, accusing unspecified enemies and lying in such a manner that the thinking person can see -- certainly with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Though I most thoroughly disagree with him, I really think that Stan would just like everyone to get along and play nice. In person, he's jolly and affable and makes everyone feel right at home. A couple of our boys and their wives, in discussing the personnell at the B.C. Conference office noted how unfriendly the whole staff seemed to be -- making visiting members feel like they're intruding in a private club. They pointed out that a business would never get away with such "service." However, they mentioned a couple notable exceptions -- Stan Jensen, who makes everyone feel welcome, and the Duane, the manager of the ABC. So, the way I figure it, Stan just can't believe that all this evil stuff about Danny can possibly be true. It is all just evil gossip, and he's closing his ears to this "gossip."

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 15 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 15 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]145252[/snapback]

It is nice to hear this things about Stan. I'm sure this has been an issue for him as well as the rest of us to work through, absorb and admit. My problem is this; I would not want to be deceived. I would not want to put my head in the sand, and I would not want to be responsible for helping others do either of these things. I would want to know, as much as it might hurt, because when you stump growth (even when it hurts) in yourself and others, you also carry a wreight that is not necessary and a pain that is eventually going to blow up in your face. I hope that Stan will be willing to REALLY look at this head on, and realize what is really going on here, it won't do any good to pretend otherwise. I tell you, it is a situation for all of us individually to deal with. Not just the big players, but all of us. This is far more about what happend to one or two people, etc. This is evil at work. We all better open our eyes and let God teach us a thing or two, before it's too late. Stan owes nothing to anyone. Only to God and himself (in that order or course). It's not always easy, but God can move mountains. JMO scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 15 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

(princessdi @ Aug 15 sometime after 4:43 PM)
(inga @ Aug 15 2006, 04:43 PM)

Oh, I think "we" get it, Inga. The problem is there are those who are still offering their money, prayers and support who don't. They don't because this business is being portrayed as a "ministry" So they don't get it because they are being lied to. Simple!

Yes, I'm sure most folks on this board "get it." yes.gif I was thinking of the larger Adventist community.

I figure that one of the most useful things we can do is to help people understand that 3ABN is a business. It will put all things re 3ABN in a totally different perspective for them.

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 15 2006, 11:54 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church