Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10562&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:27:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adventist Today Write-up Of 3abn, Replies from Walt Thompson and Danny
September
post Aug 21 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,857

This came in my e-mail this afternoon...

Dr Abrahamson's letter preceeds the following statements.

Statement of Dr. Walter Thompson, Chairman, 3ABN Board of Directors

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to the article in Adventist Today that you are calling "Personal Lives and Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN)."

I have carefully reviewed the article and have the following comments:

The Three ABN Board of Directors, a board that consists of dedicated business men, church leaders, and other dedicated laymen, have carefully and thoroughly studied the situations leading up to the dismissal of Linda Shelton from the ministry as well as the evidence indicating Danny's legal and moral rights to remarry. All decisions and actions taken have been by unanimous agreement based upon defensible evidence.

We live in a world dying without hope and are committed to doing our part in giving only that hope that may be found in the everlasting Good News of Jesus Christ and His soon return.

Walter Thompson MD

Chairman, 3ABN Board of Directors

Statement of Mr. Danny Shelton

Dear Editor:

This is my response to your offer to publish my unedited version of my reaction to the Adventist Today article.

I think it is a shame that the number reason people contact Adventist Today is to hear about Danny and Linda Shelton. I wish Adventist Today was spending as much time telling people about Jesus as they are exposing unsupported rhetoric about Danny and Linda. If that were the case, I suspect you would have conversion stories to share instead of unsubstantiated comments by those who are attempting to bring disgrace to the cause of God. I haven't heard of one conversion story from Adventist Today's printing all this "gossip" about us. I hear conversion stories almost daily at 3ABN because the focus of 3ABN is to take the Three Angel's messages into all the world.

I believe that we all need to consentrate on truth rather than to sort through all the testimonials and try to pick a side to support. As Christians we should all be on Jesus's side, and he says take the gospel into all the world. He does not say to take GOSSIP into all the world.

You mentioned that you do not have the ability to do "investigative reporting" in your search for truth, so in exchange, you are publishing the comments of the parties involved in the conflict which may or may not reflect truth. I might ask, how does this help to discover the truth of the matter or enhance the cause we all profess to want to serve-and which Adventist Today claims to want to do? The letters in this article that you asked me to respond to are made up of many errors. I won't try to point them all out at this time. I will say that Dr. Thompson's letter speaks for me and the board of 3ABN at this time.

There has been no cover ups on 3ABN's part and neither will there be on the latest letter. The gospel of Jesus Christ is all about taking His salvation message to the world. Jesus says,"Go" and the Devil says,"Stop. The Stop and Go principal has always helped me to make better decisions when it comes to whom I support. I support those who are giving the Gospel message into all the world, not those who are throwing stones and trying to Stop the Gospel through false accusations, no matter how convincing they may sound. The Bible says that we will know which side people are on "by their fruits."

God Bless!

Danny Shelton

home | print this page | email this page

home editor's page about archive atnewsbreak reviews donate subscribe contact
privacy policy (800) 236-3641 © 2005 adventist today

site by garnetweb
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 21 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Danny is soooo full of "it."

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Aug 21 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Better go pull my boots on its getting deep in here! giggle.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 21 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Aug 21 2006, 01:24 PM) [snapback]146995[/snapback]

Oh, it's been "deep" for a long time. But the disclaimers are getting shorter now.... does that mean we are nearly to the bottom of the "piles"?

This post has been edited by watchbird: Aug 21 2006, 01:29 PM

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 21 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,018

He says....quote" I believe we should all concentrate on truth...."

So when is he going to start?

+Quote Post
paleface
post Aug 21 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,991

May I receive a date concering the response from Walter Thompson MD and Danny Shelton from September?

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 21 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Aug 21 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]146995[/snapback]

You got hip boots? roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
paleface
post Aug 21 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,991

May I receive a date concering the response from Walter Thompson MD and Danny Shelton from September? I am working on my time line.
Thank you

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 21 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(paleface @ Aug 21 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]147006[/snapback]

May I receive a date concering the response from Walter Thompson MD and Danny Shelton from September?

Its link is posted on today's Adventist Today home page.

The applicable date appears to be today, Monday, August 21, 2006.

http://www.atoday.com/index.php

I took the date, August 21, posted on this page right here:

http://www.atoday.com/email/2006_08_21.htm

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 21 2006, 02:21 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 21 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #10

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Did we really expect any different from these two? At this point that is their story, and they HAVE to stick to it, no matter what. They really don't know they need to just let this go. It will be so much better for them.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Spike
post Aug 21 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,880

As I've read all the post from all these so called Danny supporters over the last couple of days and the I read this by Danny It sure sounds like one and the same to me. Maybe he's posting from diffarent computers.

And as for Walt Thompson, for some reason he thinks we should all believe him because.......... uhm.gif

Right now they are trying to shovel themselves out of a sandpit and it just keeps caveing in on them.

This post has been edited by Spike: Aug 21 2006, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 21 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #12

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Where have I heard this before....

If you dig a pit for your enemy, dig another one for yourself too....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Spike
post Aug 21 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,880

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 21 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]147041[/snapback]

Where have I heard this before....

If you dig a pit for your enemy, dig another one for yourself too....

snack.gif

Oh ,so very true.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 21 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(September @ Aug 21 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]146981[/snapback]

I think it is a shame that the number reason people contact Adventist Today is to hear about Danny and Linda Shelton. I wish Adventist Today was spending as much time telling people about Jesus as they are exposing unsupported rhetoric about Danny and Linda.

Why does he refer to himself in third person? Sounds like a Mollie letter to me!

As Christians we should all be on Jesus's side, and he says take the gospel into all the world. He does not say to take GOSSIP into all the world.

Let's review what gossip is. Okay. Got it? Okay.
Now, Danny, where exactly is your proof for "spiritual adultery."
I rest my gossip case.

I might ask, how does this help to discover the truth of the matter or enhance the cause we all profess to want to serve-and which Adventist Today claims to want to do?

I don't think you ever tried to discover the truth nor would you want anyone else to discover truth about you.

The Stop and Go principal has always helped me to make better decisions when it comes to whom I support.

I know about this principal. It is STOP AT THE CHURCH AND GO WHEN YOU'VE GOT THE MONEY!

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Lucyladye
post Aug 21 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Spike @ Aug 21 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]147017[/snapback]

As I've read all the post from all these so called Danny supporters over the last couple of days and the I read this by Danny It sure sounds like one and the same to me. Maybe he's posting from diffarent computers.

And as for Walt Thompson, for some reason he thinks we should all believe him because.......... uhm.gif

Right now they are trying to shovel themselves out of a sandpit and it just keeps caveing in on them.

They both need more ice in their Kool-Aid if you ask me. roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by Lucyladye: Aug 21 2006, 07:23 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:27 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church