Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10585&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why All The Sensationalism, Regarding The Televangelist, The Contributor, Etc.??
princessdi
post Aug 23 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

LOL!!! See! tongue.gif Now I wasn't questioning the parables or even their use, but saying that actually, Televangelist is akin to them. As they couch the truth in fiction in order to make it better understood. I believe the disciples asked Jesus about why He used those stories, and didn't He say that the people would understand better if the message was put in everday terms they can in which they are familiar. I see nothing wrong with it.

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 23 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]147525[/snapback]

see you are hellbound... with rocket rollerskates on... how dare you question a parable given by Jesus....

IPB Image

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 23 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]147531[/snapback]

LOL!!! See! tongue.gif Now I wasn't questioning the parables or even their use, but saying that actually, Televangelist is akin to them. As they couch the truth in fiction in order to make it better understood. I believe the disciples asked Jesus about why He used those stories, and didn't He say that the people would understand better if the message was put in everday terms they can in which they are familiar. I see nothing wrong with it.

rocket rollerskates.... thats all I'm sayin....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Aug 23 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Well I'm with you on this one Di so guess I need a pair of them there skates too!! giggle.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 23 2006, 12:05 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Aug 23 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]147535[/snapback]

Well I'm with you on this one Di so guess I need a pair of them there skates too!! giggle.gif

there are some in your size too..... heathens I tell ya...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 23 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 23 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]147494[/snapback]

It was in this atmosphere .... and with the advice of Legal Counsel .... that the author of The Televangelist wrote out the facts of a wide variety of problems in a "fictionalized" manner, hoping to get more people to read, ask questions, and hopefully not quit asking questions until they found out the truths that were partially revealled by this method.

It is a matter of history ..... though largely an untold and untellable history .... that it did indeed accomplish its purpose. And the answers that were found when people started digging far overshadowed the pale "fictionalized" pictures that were sketched out in The Televangelist. More than one person since then has exclaimed, "The Truth is stranger than fiction."

That continues to this day ..... and if you think that The Televangelist is overly "sensational" and "dramatic", then I can only say that this is because you haven't yet found all the factual stories that are incompletely sketched so dimly and unemotionally by the author of The Televangelist.

At the end of June, we talked about what Watchbird coined as the Daryl Fawcett "fact book." I also mentioned at that time that I hoped you (Daryl Fawcett) would not be disappointed when the various parties did not produce "film at eleven."

However, now I see you have created a topic of facts versus sensationalism. Is some disappointment starting to set in?

Does Jesus say in John 8:32 "And you shall know the bare facts, and the bare facts shall make you free."?

Or does He speak of truth?

For instance, the overwhelming truth of this situation goes beyond whether we print the names of the private investigators who followed Arild Abrahamsen and Johann Thorvaldsson after they were expelled from the 3ABN Campmeeting.

Remember, since this campmeeting occurred on a weekend, these private investigators were most likely hired by Garwin McNeilus and Danny Shelton to work on the Sabbath. So, why not just fictionalize them?

However, we are in the process of collecting enough information to know what happened.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 23 2006, 12:41 PM

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 23 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I didn't say to name names.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 23 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 23 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]147562[/snapback]

I didn't say to name names.

Noted. Thanks for the clarification.

I was just using that as an example of extraneous facts.

Have a really good day, Daryl. I enjoy your posts.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 23 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

snack.gif

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Aug 23 2006, 02:33 PM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 23 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 23 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]147543[/snapback]

For instance, the overwhelming truth of this situation goes beyond whether we print the names of the private investigators who followed Arild Abrahamsen and Johann Thorvaldsson after they were expelled from the 3ABN Campmeeting.

Remember, since this campmeeting occurred on a weekend, these private investigators were most likely hired by Garwin McNeilus and Danny Shelton to work on the Sabbath. So, why not just fictionalize them?

However, we are in the process of collecting enough information to know what happened.

I can verify that what you are saying is no fiction, because Danny Shelton produced pictures taken by the one of the three PI who were following every step we took on the last Sabbath of May, 2004. Still on the Sabbath he phoned to let us know he had those pictures.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 23 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 23 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]147588[/snapback]

I can verify that what you are saying is no fiction, because Danny Shelton produced pictures taken by the one of the three PI who were following every step we took on the last Sabbath of May, 2004. Still on the Sabbath he phoned to let us know he had those pictures.

Because they were desperate, the Sabbath had to go out the window.

None of this Ten Commandment keeping for Danny and Garwin when there is critical work to be done?

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 23 2006, 05:26 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 23 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #26

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 23 2006, 10:04 AM) [snapback]147449[/snapback]

Fiction shouldn't be mingled with truth, just as truth shouldn't be mixed with error.

Fiction mixed with truth is the work of the devil, and do we want to be associated with the devil's tactics?

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 23 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]147459[/snapback]

To quote part of a post by watchbird:
It's the last sentence in the above quote that concerns me, as this is stated as known fiction, which I am asking, why does it even need to be there?

Because some parts very well may be "fiction"...but that line - the one you quoted...very well is not per the content that has been exposed....

Now - could the part about sitting on the couch be fiction? Yeah.... but how much other "fiction" is even in the Sabbath sermon that quotes an circulated "email"?

dunno.gif

Same difference....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
lurker
post Aug 23 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 23 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]147588[/snapback]

This came to mind:

They could rest little upon the Sabbath. Though they would not step
over a Gentile's threshold for fear of defilement, yet they held a council concerning the body of Christ. Death and the grave must hold Him whom they had crucified. "The chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while He was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. Command therefore that the sepulcher be made sure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night, and steal Him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first. Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can." Matt. 27:62-65. {DA 777.3}

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 24 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 23 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]147591[/snapback]

Because they were desperate, the Sabbath had to go out the window.

None of this Ten Commandment keeping for Danny and Garwin when there is critical work to be done?

Rules don't apple to them, do they?

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 24 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Naw, you know they get to make it up as they go along. That's why we have "spiritual adultery" as "bibilical" grounds for Danny's divorce and remarriage.
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 24 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]147884[/snapback]

Rules don't apple to them, do they?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 24 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

You said it!

notworthy.gif

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church