Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10866&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:51:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dr. Bacchiocchi's Thoughts, A Biblical Study
Clay
post Sep 16 2006, 06:11 AM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Tammy @ Sep 16 2006, 04:13 AM) [snapback]152133[/snapback]

I agree with Watchbird....this letter was written as a "marketing tool".... I heard Bacchiocchi speak years ago, and it is ALL about "Dr. Bacchiocchi" this and "Dr. Bacchiocchi" that....sorry to be a pessimest...but he is far too "high on himself" for me to put any stock in what he has to say......

that has been my observation also..... he is a good salesman...... or should I say he comes across like a good used car salesman.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 16 2006, 07:03 AM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 16 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]152144[/snapback]

that has been my observation also..... he is a good salesman...... or should I say he comes across like a good used car salesman.....

Regardless of Dr. B's perceived flaws... one doesn't rebut his arguments by attacking his person.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 16 2006, 07:09 AM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 16 2006, 08:03 AM) [snapback]152148[/snapback]

Regardless of Dr. B's perceived flaws... one doesn't rebut his arguments by attacking his person.

In His service,
Mr. J

not attempting to rebut this particular one..... now that one on wine...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tammy
post Sep 16 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #34

Welcome Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,896

The one on "wine"? What did I miss?

--------------------
"Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own." {COL 69}

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 16 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Tammy @ Sep 16 2006, 07:17 AM) [snapback]152152[/snapback]

The one on "wine"? What did I miss?

another thread, another time..... don't need to highjack this thread, but if you search the archives you may be able to find the discussion we had on that subject....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Sep 17 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #36

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(västergötland @ Sep 16 2006, 06:09 AM) [snapback]152142[/snapback]

Dr B using this partly as an opportunity to promote himself and/or his book? Probably.

Dr B lacking quotes from Ellen in his letter. Yes, So? I didnt miss them...
There sure was no lack of scripture.

EllenW the only true interpreter of scripture? This might become interesting.

Time to get comfortable for the show.. popcom.gif pepsi.gif

I'm having "meaty bits".....
"Lesser Spiritual" and all.... snack.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 16 2006, 08:09 AM) [snapback]152150[/snapback]

not attempting to rebut this particular one..... now that one on wine...

doh.gif Get outta me head Clay - I was thinking the exact same thing! doh.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Sep 17 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #37

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Thank you.

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 16 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]152167[/snapback]

another thread, another time..... don't need to highjack this thread, but if you search the archives you may be able to find the discussion we had on that subject....

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 17 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #38

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Tammy @ Sep 16 2006, 05:13 AM) [snapback]152133[/snapback]

I agree with Watchbird....this letter was written as a "marketing tool".... I heard Bacchiocchi speak years ago, and it is ALL about "Dr. Bacchiocchi" this and "Dr. Bacchiocchi" that....sorry to be a pessimest...but he is far too "high on himself" for me to put any stock in what he has to say. Did you notice, there was not one Spirit of Prophecy quote in that letter he wrote? I believe it is because he is not in harmony with the Spirit of Prophecy on his understanding of divorce.

Well, at least he gave BSDA it's props! We got a some free marketing out of it. flirt.gif I'm cool with the man.

+Quote Post
Brennen
post Sep 17 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #39

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,874

Great Dr. Sam. You are on target. You are certainly correct. Danny had no ground for remarriage and Linda is innocent. Danny should resign and do so very soon. The facts do speak for themselves. Great Dr. Sam, great points. I hope Danny Shelton reads this.

Quote by Dr. Samuel Bacc.:

"The fact is that she is still single and does not intend to remarry, makes it very difficult to believe Danny's allegations. By contrast, Danny has remarried a twice divorced woman who is 20 years younger. The facts speak for themselves. In the light of this situation, the only honorable thing for Danny to do is to resign from his present position as Director of 3ABN and let someone with a clean record serve as the leader of a station committed to preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. He can still work at 3ABN but in a less conspicuous position."

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Sep 17 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 1,252

Beartrap, I would like to find Bacchiocchi's Bible study on remarriage as it relates to D Shelton on the Endtime Issues Newsletter website, but I can't find it there. Am I looking in the wrong place? I would like to get this from it's source so I can forward it to friends who respect Bacchiocchi. Can you provide a link directly to the study?

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 17 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Brennen @ Sep 17 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]152292[/snapback]

Great Dr. Sam. You are on target. You are certainly correct. Danny had no ground for remarriage and Linda is innocent. Danny should resign and do so very soon. The facts do speak for themselves. Great Dr. Sam, great points. I hope Danny Shelton reads this.

Quote by Dr. Samuel Bacc.:

"The fact is that she is still single and does not intend to remarry, makes it very difficult to believe Danny's allegations. By contrast, Danny has remarried a twice divorced woman who is 20 years younger. The facts speak for themselves. In the light of this situation, the only honorable thing for Danny to do is to resign from his present position as Director of 3ABN and let someone with a clean record serve as the leader of a station committed to preach the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. He can still work at 3ABN but in a less conspicuous position."

Brennen, of course Danny is reading this. He is reading BSDA everyday, watching and waiting, constantly checking which way the wind of Adventist opinion is blowing. How do I know this? I know Danny and one thing you can count on, he is predictable... He has certain established patterns of behavior from which he does not deviate. Once you realize how he plays the game, it is possible to stay a step ahead of him. Taking this into consideration, it would be completely out of character for Danny to do the honorable act of resigning his position at 3ABN. To quote a public statement he made previously, "3ABN is my baby and no one is going to take it away from me!" Is that the attitude of a man who would be willing to let someone with a clean record take his place at the helm of 3ABN? In defining "clean", I would not be suggesting any of the individuals currently in leadership positions at 3ABN. It is time to clean house...

There is one area of which I am in disagreement with Dr. Sam, in the above quote, that is in regard to Danny remaining at 3ABN in a less conspicuous position. First of all, I do not believe that would be possible, a demotion of that magnitude would be beyond what pride would allow. And secondly, Danny's influence would still control the ministry. But that is just my opinion...

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Sep 18 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 16 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]152144[/snapback]

That has always been my perception of the good Dr. Bacchocchi. I have long since stopped paying attention to his self-promotional ramblings. Yes, he is right about Danny not having a right to remarry, and I'll give him that, but there is where I draw the line. His treatise on dress/makeup/jewelry is not to be believed and I refuse to be cowed into obeying what I see as Biblical twisting by the SDA establishment. Should we use the modesty in all things instruction, by all means, but to treat all of these items as sinful - NOT!!

OKAY, I'M CLIMBING DOWN OFF MY SOAPBOX NOW! (GOTTA GET THOSE EMOTICONS WORKING!

JT

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 18 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(JustTana @ Sep 18 2006, 08:44 AM) [snapback]152354[/snapback]

That has always been my perception of the good Dr. Bacchocchi. I have long since stopped paying attention to his self-promotional ramblings. Yes, he is right about Danny not having a right to remarry, and I'll give him that, but there is where I draw the line. His treatise on dress/makeup/jewelry is not to be believed and I refuse to be cowed into obeying what I see as Biblical twisting by the SDA establishment. Should we use the modesty in all things instruction, by all means, but to treat all of these items as sinful - NOT!!

OKAY, I'M CLIMBING DOWN OFF MY SOAPBOX NOW! (GOTTA GET THOSE EMOTICONS WORKING!

JT

agreed.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 19 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Anyone who runs an independent ministry has to decide how, and how much, to "self-promote." scratchchin.gif If you're on Dr. B's Endtime Issues mailing list, you know that every e-mail comes with a lot of advertising for his books and appearances.

Is this wrong? unsure.gif I don't know. The advertising's not something I particularly like wallbash.gif, but I stay on the mailing list because I like the content of the essays even if I disagree with him nonono.gif at least 1/2 the time.

As noted by someone else above, a lot of people showed up here in the first place because he included a link to blacksda in his newsletter. I was one of those, and I owe him one for sending me over to y'all. thumbup1.gif

As for his thoughts ... I might not agree with his reasoning, but he came to the same conclusion many of us did, just in a different way--and his way may be more credible to The Establishment tabletalk.gif if they look for ways to distance themselves from him.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 14 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

SilentConqueror

welcome(1).gif EH!

Glad you came to join us here on this forum.

PeacefullyBewildered

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church