Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11142&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:50:35 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Investigator Of 3abn
Truly Blonde
post Oct 5 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,160

fhb

Thanks for the definition of tribunal. I guess what I am wondering is if a tribunal has any weight in our country. I know other countries have tribunals but you don't hear that term used much in the good ole USofA. I think if they could have all parties come to an agreement on what the tribunal can and cannot do and agree to abide by it in writing there could be healing and closure. If on the other hand it is all up to 3abn to empannal the tribunal then I think it would not work. The tribunal would have to be totally impartial to both sides. I also think they would need to have their lawyers working just like in a trial. I don't think that Linda and Alyssa could stand up to Danny if they had to do it on their own.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what transpires. One thing I do know and that is that GOD IS IN CONTROL . His will, will be done. I am so glad that we don't have to make these judgments.

I also hope that however it comes out that not only the people who have been hurt by all of this will find peace but that those of us who are posting and sometimes get quite testy with each other will be able to put it aside and love one another. If we can't do it here on earth how will we ever be able to do it in Heaven?

Keep praying
tb
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 5 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Oct 5 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]155566[/snapback]

Elder Bohr told us they pay 3abn $400.00 everytime they put one of his programs on the air. Cracking the Genesis code has 52 sermons. That is $400.00 times 52

TB

Only $20,800.00 for 52 programs. I wonder how Elder Bohr covers the "production costs" to make the programs. That's a lot, too! Are they produced by 3ABN?

Does Doug Bachelor, in Sacremento, hire a contract crew or doe they own and run their own equipment and personnel?

PMC and LLUMC have their own equipt and crews, too, right?

Did anyone see Danny "Live" tonight?

This post has been edited by justme: Oct 5 2006, 08:34 PM

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Oct 5 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

QUOTE(justme @ Oct 5 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]155570[/snapback]

Only $20,800.00 for 52 programs. I wonder how Elder Bohr covers the "production costs" to make the programs. That's a lot, too! Are they produced by 3ABN?

Does Doug Bachelor, in Sacremento, hire a contract crew or doe they own and run their own equipment and personnel?

PMC and LLUMC have their own equipt and crews, too, right?

Did anyone see Danny "Live" tonight?

Elder Bohr told us his church decided that this would be their ministry. They film their own videos and then they make them into DVD's and CD's. When he goes around to churches and does seminars he sells the DVD's and CD's. He told us that all of the money goes back into the ministry. He doesn't receive a dime himself. When he came to our church we payed his transportation and his meals and lodging. He is very dedicated to getting the gospel out to any who will listen. Quite a contrast from someone else who shall remain nameless.

tb

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 5 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Oct 5 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]155571[/snapback]

Elder Bohr told us his church decided that this would be their ministry. They film their own videos and then they make them into DVD's and CD's. When he goes around to churches and does seminars he sells the DVD's and CD's. He told us that all of the money goes back into the ministry. He doesn't receive a dime himself. When he came to our church we payed his transportation and his meals and lodging. He is very dedicated to getting the gospel out to any who will listen. Quite a contrast from someone else who shall remain nameless.

tb

AAAAAA AMEN!

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 5 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

I saw Danny live tonight with David Ascherick and Nathan Renner. Danny kept making obvious allusions to his difficulties without being specific. Ascherick and Renner were ministering to him and encouraging him. I wonder how much they know about whats going on, or if they only have his story of being a victim of "people saying bad things about him." This past friday he was on with James Rafferty and it was a similar situation. Rafferty said things that made it clear that the things he was saying were for Danny's benefit as well as the audience. Danny also said something about people being against him and even contacting a sattelite network co. to keep 3abn off. ( obviously Dish Network)
Someone said on this forum awhile back that Danny is his own worst enemy. Everytime he makes references on the air about the situation, many more people get the idea that all is not well at 3abn, and of course, will want to know what is going on.

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 5 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Oct 5 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]155573[/snapback]

I saw Danny live tonight with David Ascherick and Nathan Renner. Danny kept making obvious allusions to his difficulties without being specific. Ascherick and Renner were ministering to him and encouraging him. I wonder how much they know about whats going on, or if they only have his story of being a victim of "people saying bad things about him." This past friday he was on with James Rafferty and it was a similar situation. Rafferty said things that made it clear that the things he was saying were for Danny's benefit as well as the audience. Danny also said something about people being against him and even contacting a sattelite network co. to keep 3abn off. ( obviously Dish Network)
Someone said on this forum awhile back that Danny is his own worst enemy. Everytime he makes references on the air about the situation, many more people get the idea that all is not well at 3abn, and of course, will want to know what is going on.

He seems totally oblivious to the idea that he needs help. Can't someone get through to him, or would they rather keep "using" him as they do.

The most difficult thing in the world to do is to have a ministry. The ones I have known which are the most successful (results) do not have to spend time defending themselves. Whom God is leads He is also protects. "When a man's way please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." someone with a concordance please find this quote, Proverbs, likey. It is good to remember!
Thanks SH

This post has been edited by justme: Oct 5 2006, 10:17 PM

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Oct 5 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(justme @ Oct 5 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]155578[/snapback]

"When a man's way please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." someone with a concordance please find this quote, Proverbs, likey. It is good to remember!
Thanks SH

Proverbs 16:7

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Oct 6 2006, 03:13 AM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 5 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]155548[/snapback]

Jihad - The National Council of Churches weighed in by explaining that "jihad means struggle or exertion in the way of God. The 'greater jihad' is the struggle against temptation and evil within oneself. The 'lesser jihad' is working against injustice or oppression in society."
There is a church definition of Jihad? scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 6 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(västergötland @ Oct 6 2006, 04:13 AM) [snapback]155586[/snapback]

Yes

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 6 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(västergötland @ Oct 6 2006, 03:13 AM) [snapback]155586[/snapback]

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 6 2006, 08:59 AM) [snapback]155606[/snapback]

Yes

Why wouldn't there be. Words from all religions find their way into secular use... sometimes morphing somewhat in the journey.... where one or another of their original meanings in their original settings becomes part of the common vocabulary of persons from all, or no, religious background.

Jihad, to me has come to mean a "holy war" to which one commits himself ... even onto death. In the eyes of others, that specific "holy war" may be seen as holy or as very UNholy. But the basic concept of total committment remains the same.

Some other examples .... crusade, campaign, kamikaze ... all in someway expressing the same or similar thoughts behind the motto said to be used by American Revolutionaries when they broke away from the British Empire.... We "pledge our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor"....

Total committment to a cause that is perceived to be worthy ... even unto death .... Jihad and Crusade.... one term with Muslim background and one with Christian. Other than the intellectual content of the belief system they originally represented, are they really all that different?

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Oct 6 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 6 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]155658[/snapback]

.... Jihad and Crusade.... one term with Muslim background and one with Christian. Other than the intellectual content of the belief system they originally represented, are they really all that different?

In a historical context, No. Both represented exercises in religious oppression to varying degrees. They grew out of a belief that their given religious dogma was "right" and needed to be spread, at times, by any means necessary. Both felt they had divine ordination to spread their faith and even at times require that those conqured converted. Other times no conversion was necessary but this resulted in societal isolation and a reduction of rights within the community.

- fhb

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Oct 6 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

But that wasnt a redefined word. The definition given is the very one given by the Imams, at least when telling westerners what it means. Just supprised is all, never heard about it before.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 6 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

My quick twopence on the current discourse:

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Oct 5 2006, 10:31 AM) [snapback]155496[/snapback]

American Heritage Dictionary
ji·had also je·had (j-hd), n.
1. A Muslim holy war or spiritual struggle against infidels.[Arabic jihd, from jahada, to strive. See ghd in Semitic Roots.]

This definition is certainly not Muslim-specific.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 6 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 6 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]155658[/snapback]

Jihad, to me has come to mean a "holy war" to which one commits himself ... even onto death. In the eyes of others, that specific "holy war" may be seen as holy or as very UNholy. But the basic concept of total committment remains the same.

I agree.

Seems to me that if a cause is esteemed worthy of Jihad, of fighting for it even unto death, the battle plan and the armaments should be above reproach.

If we are willing to throw IEDs at those who don't see eye to eye with us I believe we devalue our credibility.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 6 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 5 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]155548[/snapback]

OK, Ralph, I'll take a stab at the definitions:

IIW - It is Written, an Adventist TV program from the Adventist Media Center.

WOH - Windows of Hope, a TV program produced by The Quiet Hour, of Redlands, CA.

TP - Teen Pathways, a TV program that airs on 3ABN and is produced at 3ABN.

AF - Amazing Facts, both Radio and TV programs from Amazing Facts, Inc., Roseville, CA.

GC - General Conference [World Headquarters] of Seventh-day Adventists, located in Silver Spring, MD.

NAD - North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, also in Silver Spring, MD

ASI - Adventist Laymen's Services and Industries - An organization of lay people who bring Christ to the marketplace.

Living in the Toenails - A reference to a statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream. The story is located in the book of Daniel.

Tribunal - With the "tri" in it, it originally referred to three judges sitting in judgment of a case.

Jihad - The National Council of Churches weighed in by explaining that “jihad means struggle or exertion in the way of God. The ‘greater jihad’ is the struggle against temptation and evil within oneself. The ‘lesser jihad’ is working against injustice or oppression in society.”

What would we do without you pete! spoton.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church