Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11285&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:51:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Money, Money, Money, Danny's 3ABN Salary
Freedom
post Oct 20 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,913

QUOTE(seeshell @ Oct 19 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]157477[/snapback]

Yes, if the employees are expected to work for "sacrificial" salaries, it would seem only fair that the top brass participate as well or else raise the employees' wages. $50,000 - $70,000 may not be extremely high, but it's not exactly "sacrificial" either. It's considerably more than my husband and I make.

I would be interested to know what the going wage is for a 3ABN employee not in the top echelons.

At the same time, I agree...if I were an employee unable to make it on 3ABN wages, I would be looking for other employment and let my feet do the talking!

The pay for other 3abn employees is low, very low for comparable work done in corporate America.
Some employees are paid such low wages they qualify for WIC, reduced rates on telephone service and electrical bills!

Yet, 3ABN management can keep taking such huge pay raises each yr. and tell the other employees that it's "a ministry for the Lord". That 3abn doesn't have lots of money.

UMM, the figures speak for themselves!
Lets, throw out another pay issues at 3abn: what about not giving equal pay for the same position/job title because of ones gender?

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 19 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]157492[/snapback]

I am chairperson of a nonprofit organization and serve on the Compensation Committee. We are members of the National Council of Nonprofit Associations. http://www.ncna.org/

We use the NCNA annual compensation survey results as a guide to ensure we are in line with the market. Below is from the 2006 Nonprofit Organizations Compensations Survey for the Midwest (Nebraska, Iowa, MN), for Executive Directors/ President / Chief Executive Officer

Category - Number of Employees:
51 to 160
Avg. Salary 112,499, Low Salary 68,681, Median Salary 110,000, High Salary 165,880

Category - 2007 Estimated Budget in Dollars
6,000,000 and greater
avg. Salary 113,583, Low Salary 65,000, Median Salary 105,000, High Salary 165,880

So Danny's salary is low, underpaid according to his peers but then most Nonprofit CEO's don't fly around in private jets either. dunno.gif

Wow and to know that some 3abn employees were paid under $24,000.00 a yr!

This post has been edited by Freedom: Oct 20 2006, 08:25 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brother Sam
post Oct 20 2006, 09:09 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 1,708

Under $24,000!!!

How about under $15,000 a year!

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 20 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Brother Sam @ Oct 20 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]157575[/snapback]

Under $24,000!!!

Around $15,000 or less is closer to what the majority of 3ABN employees make per year.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Oct 20 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Brother Sam @ Oct 20 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]157575[/snapback]

Under $24,000!!!

How does one survive on $15,000 per annum...I imagine it's rather difficult...

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 20 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Oct 20 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]157606[/snapback]

How does one survive on $15,000 per annum...I imagine it's rather difficult...

It is more than difficult, especially for those with kids, in fact it is impossible. That's why there are families at 3ABN on welfare programs, they shop at the Goodwill and the Dollar store; while Danny pays himself and his cronies well, including perks that the rank and file never get. Danny lives in luxury and flies around in his private jet, while his workers live in unnecessary poverty. The workers live sacrifically, so Danny, Mollie and selected others can live high on the hog. I do not think this is what God intended...or is there any way that Danny's excesses can be justified in the sight of Heaven. Sooner or later the gravy train will stop, once donors realize where so much of their money is ending up...in the deep pockets of Danny and his cronies.

This post has been edited by sister: Oct 20 2006, 12:28 PM

+Quote Post
SandyColorado
post Oct 20 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 599

Does anyone know if Brandy is still on the payroll and how much she makes a year? If so, what does she do to earn this money?

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 20 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 20 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]157612[/snapback]

It is more than difficult, especially for those with kids, in fact it is impossible. That's why there are families at 3ABN on welfare programs, they shop at the Goodwill and the Dollar store; while Danny pays himself and his cronies well, including perks that the rank and file never get. Danny lives in luxury and flies around in his private jet, while his workers live in unnecessary poverty. The workers live sacrifically, so Danny, Mollie and selected others can live high on the hog. I do not think this is what God intended...or is there any way that Danny's excesses can be justified in the sight of Heaven. Sooner or later the gravy train will stop, once donors realize where so much of their money is ending up...in the deep pockets of Danny and his cronies.

This is the only place I've found that mentions an "hourly cost" for flying a private jet plane, like the one you mentioned here.

The following posting is about The Tulsa Airmen and Their Magnificent Flying Machines. They use the word "Tulsa" because the "private jet" phenomenon mentioned is part of the Pentecostal - Charismatic culture that seems to emanate from there.

http://wittenburgdoor.com/archives/airmen.html

"With the high cost of jet fuel and the cost of regular FAA inspections, typical operating cost runs between $2,000 and $3,500 per hour."

I would have to suspect this knowledge would have a crippling effect on the morale of the typical employee working for sacrificial wages.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 20 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 20 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]157605[/snapback]

Around $15,000 or less is closer to what the majority of 3ABN employees make per year.

Perhaps you could mention that 3ABN retirement plan for the employees' old age.

I heard there was none. Is that correct?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Oct 20 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

uhm.gif you not paying me much, there is no reason for me to stay... especially when I see you living large and in charge.... where is the common sense? Rule one..... if a job is stressing you, quit, find something else.... don't complain, make a plan to escape.... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 20 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 20 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]157616[/snapback]

Perhaps you could mention that 3ABN retirement plan for the employees' old age.

I heard there was none. Is that correct?

The retirement plan for 3ABN workers is as follows:

You work as hard as humanly possible to get out the good news of Jesus Christ and you get on your knees and pray whole heartedly that Jesus comes before you are old enough to retire, other wise you will have to depend upon the mercy of the Lord to deliver your daily food by raven as he did for a prophet or you are going to starve. There is no retirement plan for the average 3ABN worker.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Oct 20 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Clay @ Oct 20 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]157621[/snapback]

uhm.gif you not paying me much, there is no reason for me to stay... especially when I see you living large and in charge.... where is the common sense? Rule one..... if a job is stressing you, quit, find something else.... don't complain, make a plan to escape.... dunno.gif

...that's what I'm trying to understand. If I am being paid next to nothing and my bosses are living well, what is the rationale for me to stay in the employ of 3ABN? We have a saying in the Virgin Islands and I do hope it's not the case at 3ABN. "We like it so." I cannot see anyone "liking it so." However, I could be wrong. Honestly speaking...exactly what is the magnet that draws these workers and I would imagine they would have to be faithful to work for those wages...and be on welfare programs...what keeps them there? Is it that they are so committed to 3ABN and it's charge in spreading the gospel or is it that there is nowhere else for them to go...just what is it?

This post has been edited by caribbean sda: Oct 20 2006, 02:30 PM

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 20 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Oct 20 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]157624[/snapback]

...that's what I'm trying to understand. If I am being paid next to nothing and my bosses are living well, what is the rationale for me to stay in the employ of 3ABN? We have a saying in the Virgin Islands and I do hope it's not the case at 3ABN. "We like it so." I cannot see anyone "liking it so." However, I could be wrong. Honestly speaking...exactly what is the magnet that draws these workers and I would imagine they would have to be faithful to work for those wages...and be on welfare programs...what keeps them there? Is it that they are so committed to 3ABN and it's charge in spreading the gospel or is it that there is nowhere else for them to go...just what is it?

Let me try to explain...individuals that choose to work in supporting ministries of the church come in knowing that they probably will not be paid at the same rate as they would doing the same job elsewhere. But if necessary, they are willing to take a cut in pay in order to have a job where they can serve the Lord more directly and not just work 40+ hours a week before they can get involved in ministry. Many are very dedicated workers and when they join a particular ministry it is because they believe in spreading the gospel message through the type of program the ministry uses to accomplish these goals.

Until recently, the knowledge of what went on behind the scenes at 3ABN, was limited to an extremely small group of individuals. The majority of whom either choose not to speak, because they believed to air the dirty laundry of 3ABN would cut off an important route of taking the gospel to a large groups of people, or those that did choose to blow the whistle were hounded by Danny Shelton and his lawyers, finding it impossible to be employed by the organized church or in most supporting ministries. Many have had their reputations ruined to such a degree that it is difficult to recover from the experience. Unfortunately, there is seldom a paper trail left behind to prove what Danny and his minions have been doing, that is until now...

The average employee does not know what others individuals receive for hourly or salary wages, or all the perks included for "special employees" and the administration. In the beginning you believe everything you are told, and why not, this is a gospel ministry. No one comes up to you the first day and says, "By the way, things here are not as they appear and Danny is a liar." But in time one begins to see discrepancies and starts looking for answers to questions that they are told should never be asked. And remember there are many who have left over the years and a few that have been fired for standing up to Danny. Then there are the ones who love what they are doing and choose to bury there heads in the sand in order to remain. Like the three monkeys, "they hear no evil, see no evil and speak not evil." But at what cost to their conscience?

+Quote Post
lurker
post Oct 20 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I believe that I was told that 3ABN provided Danny and Linda with the use of new cars or trucks each year. I am wondering if this is still being done for Danny and/or Brandy? Has this changed? If I remember correctly, ET and her husband also had the use of an apartment for a very reduced amount. Does John Lomacang pay rent or does he get his housing provided? Which substantial contributors, trustees, directors, officers, creators, key employees or members of their families are provided with goods, services or facilities as well as higher wages than the less favored lower paid workers?

This post has been edited by lurker: Oct 20 2006, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Oct 20 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

I was once behind a new employee when they were getting things situated with the accounting department when I heard the accounting person tell the new employee that they should go and get Public Aid since they would qualify. This was a person who had just started the job!

A couple of years ago Tommy Shelton did some research on 3ABN jobs compared to corporate America and began trying to even out the wages. That didn't last long. Now, to avoid paying more, administration won't give the "titles" to go with the responsibilities. The employees may do the work, but they don't have the title and therefore no pay...go figure.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 21 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Is Psalm 52 appropriate in this context?

Why do you boast, O mighty man,
of miscief done against the godly?
All the day you are plotting destruction,
Your tongue is like a sharp razor,
you worker of treachery.
You love evil more than good,
and lying more than speaking the truth. Selah
You love words that devour,
O deceitful tongue.

But God will break you down for ever;
he will snatch and tear you from the tenth;
he will uproot you from the land of the living. Selah

The righteous shall see, and fear,
and shall laugh at him, saying,
"See the man who would not make God his refuge,
but trusted in the abundance of riches,
and sought refuge in his wealth!"

But I am like a green olive tree
in the house of God.
I trust in the stadfast love of God
for ever and ever.
I will thank thee for ever,
because thou hast done it.
I will procalim thy name, for it is good,
in the presence of the godly.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church