Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11356&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:26:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sda Tv Network Promotion, What can we as members do?
watchbird
post Oct 29 2006, 08:10 AM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

Since this comment/question from Greenie was somewhat off-topic in the thread where he posted it, and since the thread where we discussed this may be a bit difficult to find..... and since it was discussed in multiple previous theads.... I am using his post as a "jumping off place" from which to launch a new thread that hopefully will not only reference these threads, but provide a new one which will encourage those who know more about the "inner workings" of getting HOPETV... and other new Adventist networks.... such as Loma Linda Broadcasting Network and Blue Mountain Net.... on local cable companies or on satellite companies which have the broadest available reception possibilities.

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Oct 29 2006, 02:07 AM) [snapback]158499[/snapback]

Is it something that we could do to write those letters to Dish Network on behalf of Hope Television?
As in, start the letter-writing campaign by putting out the word something like:

Hope Television has what might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reach approximately 30,000,000 souls with the Gospel by getting Dish Network to add Hope Television to their channel lineup. But we can't do it without your help. We need you to enlist the help of your Church as well as friends, family and the local community in a letter writing campaign requesting Dish Network to carry Hope Television on their basic package. You may address your letters and postcards to:

Mr. Eric Sahl
Senior VP Programming
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian
Englewood, CO 80112

Just a thought...

This idea came up some time ago in the BSDA discussions, and while I was at first an enthusiastic promoter of such a plan, I thought it necessary to rescind my supportive comments after I received information which indicated that any such letter writing campaign would be counterproductive.

So before such a campaign were initiated, it would be essential, I think, for someone to talk with HOPETV persons to see if they have investigated such possibilities, and if so, what their contacts have indicated would be a proper and effective way of facilitating this. The last thing we want to do is to create an image with Dish that would in the long run hinder HOPETV from getting such satellite coverage.

It may, in fact, be of better service to HOPE to assist in publicizing their availability and to work towards getting them included on local cable companies. Another possibilty would be to investigate the possibilities of them being included in the DirecTV network, which has an even wider user base than does either sky-angel or Dish Network. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirecTV

One previous thread which discussed this (along with other things), and the one in which I rescinded my previous support for such a "campaign", is "The 3abn Story", which can be accessed at http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10628 In that thread there are some clues as to what is currently happening which are not obvious to the general reader.... in fact, may even be misleading. And I hesitate to even mention that here since I was accused there of "teasing" by giving "clues" but not giving the information that ties things together. Unfortunately, I still have not received permission to give any additional ones.... nor to state what that "key" information is. But there is enough there, I think, so that the person who approached those who are in a position to know best with a questioning attitude rather than with what would appear to be yet another "pressure campaign" just might learn quite a bit. Whether that could then be shared publicly, I know not.

Whatever one learns.... the important point is that the first place to start is with the specific Adventist network one wants to promote to see what their plans and timetable is, and what they have already initiated, and what we as supporters can best do to help..... and that could, and I think should, include SAFE TV, which could reach a far wider audience were it to be included in DirecTV, as well as other Adventist Stations besides those I listed above, which may at present have only local coverage, but that may well grow to be worthy of much broader accessibility.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 30 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

7 Signs Premiering on Hope Channel and Esperanza TV

Silver Spring, MD, USA…Saturday, November 4, 2006, marks the premier of 7 Signs with Jose Rojas, director for the Adventist Volunteer Ministries Network, for the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s North American Region, covering the U.S. and Canada.
“7 Signs celebrates its second year as a discipleship evangelism initiative that is leading many across our region to Christ,” says Rojas. “The central idea of 7 Signs is simple for your church, school, or other outreach setting, he continues. You and I are called by Christ to be disciples. As we truly respond to that calling, we will then understand the Great Commission in a more personal way. We experience what it means to go out and make more disciples for the kingdom,” he concluded.
7 Signs will air from 8:00pm-9:00pm Eastern and 11:00pm-12:00am Eastern, November 4-11, 2006. This eight-part, one-hour series is aimed at inspiring, informing, and helping viewers realize that their lives are changed by becoming true disciples of Christ and learning to disciple others to the feet of Jesus.
“We are delighted that 7 Signs will be aired on Hope Channel and Esperanza TV,” said Brad Thorp, president of Hope Channel. “Many of our viewers, especially new members, will benefit from such a program in learning and reviewing the importance of being a true believer in Jesus Christ.”
Pastor Jose Rojas, a well-known and popular speaker, especially among the youth, is the featured speaker for both language broadcasts. For more information about the mission of 7 Signs or to find out how you can receive training on discipleship, visit www.sevensigns.net.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church