Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11633&st=255 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:39:56 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Damage Control, Emails
PeacefulBe
post Jan 29 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #256

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jan 27 2007, 11:52 PM) [snapback]173440[/snapback]

http://www.fbcoh.org/oppimag/1oct06.pdf

This does not answer the question about any additional ordination after 1985, but proves that Tommy was still preaching in October 2006. Very disturbing.

I seriously pray that this does not open another denomination's youth to Tommy's own alleged brand of medical ministry! What should be done to protect them?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 29 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #257

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 30 2007, 12:05 AM) [snapback]173766[/snapback]

I seriously pray that this does not open another denomination's youth to Tommy's own alleged brand of medical ministry! What should be done to protect them?

People would trust a revival preacher, wouldn't they?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 16 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #258

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Guess it's time to post a few more, since the last one appears to have been one sent on January 2, 2007.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 3abn developments Tuesday night
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 13:52:55 -0600
To: Mollie Steenson
CC: Elder Ken Denslow

Hello Mollie.

Some interesting developments occurred on Tuesday night that I think I need to alert you to, as it could have an impact on 3ABN.

Now that ASI has decided last night that "it is not appropriate for ASI to be involved" in the various issues surrounding 3ABN, it might make it easier for 3ABN management and personnel to deal with some of these things, since everything was on hold until after the ASI review process was completed.

No one, if they have any Christian experience at all, enjoys seeing anyone connected with 3ABN being embarrassed. I certainly don't. It would be wonderful if this could all be brought to a swift conclusion. Many are praying to this end.

A former conference official called me today. He intends to speak up publicly now, for the first time. He was outraged, he calmly said, by the fanfare given to alleged pedophile Tommy Shelton as his alleged retirement was announced for alleged health problems due to alleged stress arising from his duties at 3ABN. He called it despicable.

If folks did not hear correctly what was said in that broadcast, I would appreciate knowing the truth of what was said so that I can correct their error on this. We certainly don't need anymore misunderstandings to complicate things further.

That broadcast did indeed come across as despicable. If Danny wanted to give Tommy a lot of fanfare, he could easily have done so privately among the employees of 3ABN, but to do it publicly over global TV just seemed so brazen given the fact that it hasn't even been one month since brand new allegations of child molestation in Virginia were publicly announced.

Now for the developments on Tuesday, just one and two days after the broadcasted tribute to Tommy was shown and re-shown. A seventh victim of Tommy in Illinois came forward for the first time that night, and is getting his thoughts together to put down on paper.

What we have here, unfortunately, is a situation in which people are outraged and are becoming unafraid to stand up and speak out, unafraid to be known by name, unafraid of any intimidation or threats Danny might bring to bear upon the situation. The political risk of speaking up has become nil. For the sake of the cause of God, this really needs to be brought to a swift conclusion before the chorus becomes louder than it already is.

Now for why I am writing you. I want to do what I can to save the reputations of anyone and everyone possible. Anyone connected with this sordid affair is in danger of having their reputation utterly destroyed, and it is so sad and unnecessary. I would hate to see you, the 3ABN General Manager and a member of the board of directors, become a casualty in all of this.

You were one of the ones who paid glowing tribute to alleged pedophile Tommy Shelton on that broadcast. Did you do that willing or did Danny force you to do it? Not that it matters a huge amount, for regardless, God is able to forgive if we turn to Him.

If by the grace of God you can take a stand just now, a stand for morality and decency, for obedience to the 10 Commandments, if you ask for pardon for your mistake to those who foot the bills, mercy should and must abound in the hearts of all, even as mercy fills the heart of our heavenly Father.

Danny's favorite distraction whenever any criticism has been brought up is Linda's alleged affair. But whereas we have a growing list of documents supporting the child molestation allegations against Tommy, we have yet to see any evidence supporting the adultery allegations against Linda. There may be some evidence out there, but if there is, it thus far has been kept secret, despite Linda's expressed desire more than a month ago to see all the evidence brought forward.

If 3ABN can send an alleged pedophile off with such fanfare after roughly a decade of service, making it clear that he would be back, why would 3ABN send an alleged adulteress off in such disgrace after roughly two decades of service, making it clear that her name would never be heard again over the airwaves? It makes no sense. It raises questions about what the real reasons were for her demise.

What we need just now for the good of the cause of God, for the good of 3ABN, for the good of our eternal destiny, is for you, the 3ABN General Manager, and each of the members of the 3ABN board, including Danny, to stand up for righteousness and truth, lest the name of God be brought into any additional reproach.

Would you feel free to respond and share your thoughts? I think a lot of people out there would be encouraged to hear that the 3ABN General Manager has taken a stand for right.

QUOTE(Ellen White)
"The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall." (Education, p. 57)

We will lift you up in prayer that God will give you courage, strength, fortitude, and determination to do His will in this hour of crisis.

Bob

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Feb 16 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #259

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 16 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]178665[/snapback]

Would you feel free to respond and share your thoughts? I think a lot of people out there would be encouraged to hear that the 3ABN General Manager has taken a stand for right.
We will lift you up in prayer that God will give you courage, strength, fortitude, and determination to do His will in this hour of crisis.
Bob

It would be interesting to see if you get a response to your questions. Wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. blink.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
roxe
post Feb 16 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #260

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

Bob,
i see the date of that email was 05 January, 2007.

have you received any reply to date??

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 16 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #261

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(roxe @ Feb 16 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]178723[/snapback]

Bob,
i see the date of that email was 05 January, 2007.

have you received any reply to date??

I think she has already responded... very publicly... and more than once.... the latest being last night when she looked directly at the camera and addressed the very issues that Bob mentioned.... each time affirming her solidarity and support of Danny and all other directors and board members of 3abn.

There is no doubt but what in court, the transcripts of these public verbal affirmations will be laid alongside the letters and emails that have been sent to a much smaller group of people than the verbal and visual messages have been sent. And the results of that could be very interesting.... interesting and surprising to some.... and interesting and expected by others.

In the meantime.... we wait patiently on the Lord.... cloud9.gif.....

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 16 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #262

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

No reply whatsoever, roxe.

And no reply to the email I re-posted at http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=177545 that had the following headers:

Subject: Verification needed for statement by Walt Thompson
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:26:16 -0600
To: Pastor Lomacang, Mollie Steenson, Tommy Shelton, Joe Smith, Fallible Human Being

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 16 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #263

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

This part of the letter is really the "kicker" for me......

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 16 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]178665[/snapback]

Subject: 3abn developments Tuesday night
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 13:52:55 -0600
To: Mollie Steenson
CC: Elder Ken Denslow

If 3ABN can send an alleged pedophile off with such fanfare after roughly a decade of service, making it clear that he would be back, why would 3ABN send an alleged adulteress off in such disgrace after roughly two decades of service, making it clear that her name would never be heard again over the airwaves? It makes no sense. It raises questions about what the real reasons were for her demise.

Pernt blank...that is deep....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church