Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11633&st=225 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:40:21 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Damage Control, Emails
Panama_Pete
post Jan 26 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #226

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 15 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]170142[/snapback]

Well as far as background goes...

I am wondering who those pictures are of, on Pastor Dunning's website. Is that him? If so how old is the man?

Also didn't you tell me Clem's brother had claimed he had "relationship" with Tommy, and was defending Tommy? How old did he claim he was at the time?

I understand your point about age, especially if it concerns legal ramifications, but questions of age can be a red herring when it comes to Christian standards.

Ted Haggard's alleged companion, Jones, is listed as being 49 years of age. Jones apparently helped Haggard get a methamphetamine connection, among other things. So, as far as the 14,000 members of Haggard's New Life church were concerned, age was not a deciding factor in getting rid of Haggard.

It's also noteworthy to say that beyond the 14,000 members of his church, there were 30 thousand members of the National Association of Evangelicals fooled, where Haggard served as President. That's 44,000 Christians who looked and listened to Pastor Haggard and saw nothing that seemed aberrant to them.

However, many people think that their own powers of observation are keen when they watch television evangelists, and that they can safely judge the sincerity of those TV actors, and steer their own courses based on what they see, no questions asked. These TV viewers cannot learn from the mistakes of 44,000 other people? These viewers say, "This will never happen to me. The leaders I follow are cut from different cloth." And right off the narrow path these TV viewers all go, the blind having been lead by the blind.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jan 26 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #227

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 15 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]170142[/snapback]

Well as far as background goes...

I am wondering who those pictures are of, on Pastor Dunning's website. Is that him? If so how old is the man?

Also didn't you tell me Clem's brother had claimed he had "relationship" with Tommy, and was defending Tommy? How old did he claim he was at the time?

To which Bystander replied:

"I did the math, he would have been around 19 or 20. mmm that does put a whole different light on the subject if the subject be true at all......."

This is Duane Clem. I am putting you on notice right now. If you decide you're going to twist my words and create suspicion about my motives or sexual orientation, you are facing legal action against yourselves. I will NOT tolerate it at all.

In addition, Bystander states:

You stated that you are trying to find out guilt or innocence on your own away from this forum. So am I. What I have found so far is that some of the members here will be shocked if and when the agenda's of some of the letter writers are exposed. I wished that I had the authority and the OK to do that, but I do not.

I am one of the letter writers, and you have asked me NOTHING. I'm calling you out right now. What is my agenda? Furthermore, what is your real identity? You have mine, now I want yours. If you people aren't willing to discuss this with me personally, you had better stop the insinuations and accusations right now. I WILL NOT be intimidated or threatened into silence. The more of this kind of posting I see, the more it convinces me I haven't been vocal enough. You can ask Bob Pickle, I agonized over releasing my statement. Now that it's out, we have people who don't have the fortitude to identify themselves who are making statements that they cannot possibly back up, designed solely to damage the reputations of myself and others. It WILL NOT go unanswered. That's not a threat, it's a promise.

To the moderators: I'm sorry if I'm out of line, but I have suffered for years in silence, and I'm not putting up with this kind of garbage.

This post has been edited by ex3ABNemployee: Jan 26 2007, 03:51 PM

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 26 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #228

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I am soo sorry Duane you had to do this. but I applaud your courage and praise God for His hand in your life. You are no longer victim, but victor through Jesus Christ!!! clap.gif Glory to God!!!!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 26 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #229

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jan 26 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]172963[/snapback]

I have suffered for years in silence, and I'm not putting up with this kind of garbage.

Duane, thank you for your post. I am still a newbie and trying to sort out the lies and insinuations from what is factual and alleged. Hiding behind pseudonyms makes it hard for those of us too new to guess who the players are to weigh the evidence properly.

I commend you for your courage.

It is so easy for some here to make comments but then never be held accountable for them despite requests to do so by moderators as well as the general posters.

Have you received any recent threats from Mr. Riva?

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 26 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #230

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 26 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]172971[/snapback]

I am soo sorry Duane you had to do this. but I applaud your courage and praise God for His hand in your life. You are no longer victim, but victor through Jesus Christ!!! clap.gif Glory to God!!!!

I told you I liked him!

Go Duane! Go Duane!

notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 26 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #231

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 26 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]172971[/snapback]

amen.gif amen.gif and amen.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 26 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #232

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jan 26 2007, 11:50 PM) [snapback]172963[/snapback]

This is Duane Clem. I am putting you on notice right now. If you decide you're going to twist my words and create suspicion about my motives or sexual orientation, you are facing legal action against yourselves. I will NOT tolerate it at all.

I am one of the letter writers, and you have asked me NOTHING. I'm calling you out right now. What is my agenda? Furthermore, what is your real identity? You have mine, now I want yours. If you people aren't willing to discuss this with me personally, you had better stop the insinuations and accusations right now. I WILL NOT be intimidated or threatened into silence. The more of this kind of posting I see, the more it convinces me I haven't been vocal enough. You can ask Bob Pickle, I agonized over releasing my statement. Now that it's out, we have people who don't have the fortitude to identify themselves who are making statements that they cannot possibly back up, designed solely to damage the reputations of myself and others. It WILL NOT go unanswered. That's not a threat, it's a promise.

To the moderators: I'm sorry if I'm out of line, but I have suffered for years in silence, and I'm not putting up with this kind of garbage.

Duane, I'd like to reach out my arms accross the Atlantic ocean to embrace you in pure Christian love. You are so precious. Throughout all of this we have sufferend with you. I thank Jesus for giving you the courage to step out. I pray that now a real cleansing proess will prevent more such evil in the name of a Christian Institution!

This post has been edited by Johann: Jan 26 2007, 08:31 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 26 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #233

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jan 26 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]172963[/snapback]

Duane, I must echo everything that PrincessDi, NoahsWife, HOTY, Seraphlm and Johann have said. I would love to be able to give you a big Mom hug and tell you how proud I am that you took the risk to allow your testimony to be shared and now to confront the statements you know to be lies. I know it is hard to come forward as you did, but look at the results! Other victims are finding their voices as well!

PB

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 26 2007, 07:54 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 26 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #234

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Duane, high five bro..... no need to suffer in silence anymore... thank God as he continues to give you the strength and wisdom to do what you need to do..... spoton.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Spike
post Jan 26 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #235

Member No.: 1,880

Daune, Thank you for sharing I realize that none of this can be easy for you and the others that have told what happened to them, but maybe this will help the others that have been hurt by TS to come forward and put a stop to what he is doing. God be with you.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jan 26 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #236

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

Thanks to all of you for your support. Yes, it has been and still is hard, but with Christian friends such as yourselves and others who have been writing and calling, it makes it bearable at least.

Noahswife: No, I haven't been threatened by Mr. Riva or anyone else. I'm not ruling it out, but it hasn't happened as of yet.

Now let me attempt to encourage YOU! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the SDA church is better represented by folks such as yourselves than some of what we've seen previously. I've been around enough SDAs to know that the church as a whole doesn't tolerate this kind of foolishness, and I'll be sure to let people know that when the need arises.

Thanks again to all of you!

Duane

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 26 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #237

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Thanks in advance, Duane, for telling the media that if they come a calling. If we all do that, this whole fiasco will not sully the reputation of the Adventist Church.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 26 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #238

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Yes, Duane, I also applaud on your courage to identify yourself here as well as to post what you posted.

This adds to the credibility of what is being said regarding the actions of TS.

If you ever decide to register at Maritime SDA OnLine, you will be given access into the hidden forum there containing discussion topics regarding all of this.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 26 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #239

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Godspeed Duane. You will be in many a prayer as you make yourself known. You have more courage than most men. Thanks and may God give you the peace that only He can.

Richard

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jan 26 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]172997[/snapback]

Thanks to all of you for your support. Yes, it has been and still is hard, but with Christian friends such as yourselves and others who have been writing and calling, it makes it bearable at least.

Noahswife: No, I haven't been threatened by Mr. Riva or anyone else. I'm not ruling it out, but it hasn't happened as of yet.

Now let me attempt to encourage YOU! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the SDA church is better represented by folks such as yourselves than some of what we've seen previously. I've been around enough SDAs to know that the church as a whole doesn't tolerate this kind of foolishness, and I'll be sure to let people know that when the need arises.

Thanks again to all of you!

Duane

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Jan 26 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #240

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 26 2007, 06:23 PM) [snapback]172981[/snapback]

Duane, I'd like to reach out my arms accross the Atlantic ocean to embrace you in pure Christian love. You are so precious. Throughout all of this we have sufferend with you. I thank Jesus for giving you the courage to step out. I pray that now a real cleansing proess will prevent more such evil in the name of a Christian Institution!

Dear Johann: I want to join you in supporting Duane Clem thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif , however, I think you connected his identity to 'Bystander'. I was under the impression that Mr. Clem was 'ex3abnemployee - could someone please clarify this information? dunno.gif

Thanks, JT

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:40 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church