Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11930&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:54:21 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spiritual Adultery And Remarriage Revisited, What are the facts?
calvin
post Mar 7 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #46

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Stop the shouting wwjd. Don't do it again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 7 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 7 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]183559[/snapback]

1. Shortly after Linda and Brenda came back from their short trip to Norway, Danny and Brenda spent a lot of time together, ....

Linda claims she even talked to Danny at some point about all the time he was spending with Brenda on the phone and in person. Something like that.

If that be true, how come Walt never laid down a non-negotiable ultimatum that Danny had to cease all communication with Brenda?

I think all anyone wants to see is a little fairness, and people being dealt with in a similar fashion. It wasn't right for Ahab to "mercifully" spare Ben-Hadad and mercilessly allow Naboth to be killed. The dichotomy is too great between how Danny and Linda were dealt with, between how Tommy and Linda were dealt with, between how Melody and Linda were dealt with.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Mar 7 2007, 08:30 PM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 7 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Bob when you put it that way it becomes obvious that it was simply a case of Danny no longer wanting Linda around.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 7 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]183628[/snapback]

Linda claims she even talked to Danny at some point about all the time he was spending with Brenda on the phone and in person. Something like that.

If that be true, how come Walt never laid down a non-negotiable ultimatum that Danny had to cease all communication with Brenda?

I think all anyone wants to see is a little fairness, and people being dealt with in a similar fashion. It wasn't right for Ahab to "mercifully" spare Ben-Hadad and mercilessly allow Naboth to be killed. The dichotomy is too great between how Danny and Linda were dealt with, between how Tommy and Linda were dealt with, between how Melody and Linda were dealt with.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Mar 7 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 7 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]183559[/snapback]

Reality is as follows as far as I have experienced it:

3. When discussions on BSDA revealed that spiritual adultery was not a valid reason for a divorce,

Discussions on BSDA revealed???? You have to be kidding. Makes sense I guess that this would be your reality.

So Garwin McNeilus came to his aid by paying for Private Investigators to spy on us on our trip to Illinois.

Do you have receipts with his name on them? If not, it isn't wise to make statements of fact about what GM did or did not do.

He kept calling to let us know that he knew exactly where we were and what we were doing.

Now this is what I would like everyone to think about. If, he was just trying to "throw" LS away, if he was just looking for an "excuse" to get rid of her as this board maintains, why on earth would he warn her that she was being watched? If he truly just wanted her out of his life, he would want every piece of evidence of wrong doing that he could get. He would never warn her and take a chance on good pics to prove he was right. That is....if he was just trying to get rid of her.

Here is my opinion and mine alone. He was crushed by what he already knew, and, was in a position to have to prove what he knew because of her position. At the same time, he didn't want to face it himself, much less expose her to the adventist world. This shows nothing but that he was still in love with her and wanted to actually save her from herself and her own actions. Thus, the warning.

4. When nothing else worked they keep hammering on the thought that they are still looking for a new reason to justify Danny Shelton. Somewhere a reason must be found.

Substitute the DS name with the LS name there, and you would be describing yourself and several others.

This post has been edited by wwjd: Mar 7 2007, 08:29 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 7 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #50

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 7 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]183616[/snapback]

Stop the shouting wwjd. Don't do it again.

WWJD (Why-Would-Ja-Doit) didn't know they were yellin..... demonic forces don't hear well (hence the "fall") and yell to make themselves heard to others.....

....now - A BIT OF YELLING is not a problem. Just to be sure that someone hears....but to YELL down a whole page....

Jes like children - if you yell at them they don't hear...but I don't listen to demons anyway.

The LORD rebuke you in the name of JESUS!

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Mar 7 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Eddy @ Dec 28 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]166083[/snapback]

Okay, first let's get this out so there is no confusion. There is spiritual adultery, and the other lets call "mental adultery".
I don't even think adultery is a good enough reason for divorce, unless is a continuous thing. BTJM dunno.gif
Sorry about that. giggle.gif You just don't hear much about the literal spiritual adultery.

Right on, Eddy! I really appreciate your comments. You were very discerning to write what you did. People are quick to quote Matthew 5:32 that reads:
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery

But rarely does anyone quote the parallel passage in Mark 10:11 that reads:
And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

or Luke 16:18 that reads:
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

I have seen a married couple, who was not getting along, split for the weekend and each partner shack up with someone else, so that they could give the other partner an excuse to remarry. Stupid, but it happened.

I have also seen couples, where there has been infidelity, work things out and keep their home together. Yet, OTH, I have seen dysfunctional homes where there is no adultery. I see red when a woman is belittled or battered by her "loving" spouse. It is not only bad for the wife but it is bad for the children.

I have noted that men who blame their wives for infidelity are the ones who have skeleton's in their own closet. I think of the saying, "To a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 7 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

WWJD Discussions on BSDA revealed???? You have to be kidding. Makes sense I guess that this would be your reality.

Go back to the discussions that took place here on BSDA after Danny's appearance to answer questions back in 2004.

So Garwin McNeilus came to his aid by paying for Private Investigators to spy on us on our trip to Illinois.

Do you have receipts with his name on them? If not, it isn't wise to make statements of fact about what GM did or did not do.

I have Danny Shelton's word for it that GM was paying for this service. If you claim that this is not true, then you are making a statement that Danny Shelton is a liar.

Who is less trustworthy, you or Danny Shelton?

This post has been edited by Johann: Mar 7 2007, 11:45 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 7 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Bro. Ralph, sometimes those skeletons is fleshed out and have names............ yes.gif

QUOTE(Ralph @ Mar 7 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]183663[/snapback]

I have noted that men who blame their wives for infidelity are the ones who have skeleton's in their own closet. I think of the saying, "To a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 8 2007, 01:28 AM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 7 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]183635[/snapback]

& ...

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 7 2007, 04:41 PM)

Johann: Reality is as follows as far as I have experienced it:......

Johann: #3. When discussions on BSDA revealed that spiritual adultery was not a valid reason for a divorce,

WWjD: Discussions on BSDA revealed???? You have to be kidding. Makes sense I guess that this would be your reality.

Fran: This subject was discussed in detail on Club Adventist with biblical proof that Spiritual Adultery was not the adultery spoken of as a prerequisite to a Biblical Divorce. Some of the information was copied over to BSDA and much information has been added to the discussions here on BSDA.

Fran: Is this your first encounter with this subject matter on BSDA?

Fran: When were you first introduced to the term, Spiritual Adultery?

Fran: What scriptures would you use to justify Spiritual Adultery being the same as Physical Adultery?

Johann: So Garwin McNeilus came to his aid by paying for Private Investigators to spy on us on our trip to Illinois.

WWjD: Do you have receipts with his name on them? If not, it isn't wise to make statements of fact about what GM did or did not do.

Fran: WWjD, There are no receipts necessary. This information has come several times over the years straight from 3ABN and through emails. Please ask Danny, I am sure he will be able to set your mind at ease about this matter.

Fran: The question begs to be asked, "Why would the Private Investigators continue following Linda even after the divorce." At the end of that marriage, what Linda did or did not do was none of Danny's business. Surely you know this. However, sometimes some people have a hard time letting go of their possessions. It is really a difficult situation for everyone involved. The worst thing a recently divorced person can do is try to cultivate a new relationship, while healing the open wounds of an old, very long relationship.

Johann: He kept calling to let us know that he knew exactly where we were and what we were doing.

WWjD: Now this is what I would like everyone to think about. If, he was just trying to "throw" LS away, if he was just looking for an "excuse" to get rid of her as this board maintains, why on earth would he warn her that she was being watched? If he truly just wanted her out of his life, he would want every piece of evidence of wrong doing that he could get. He would never warn her and take a chance on good pics to prove he was right. That is....if he was just trying to get rid of her.

WWjD: Here is my opinion and mine alone. He was crushed by what he already knew, and, was in a position to have to prove what he knew because of her position. At the same time, he didn't want to face it himself, much less expose her to the Adventist world. This shows nothing but that he was still in love with her and wanted to actually save her from herself and her own actions. Thus, the warning.

Fran: In the minds of some, there is a conscious decision that you want a new life that is better than the one you have, so therefore, over the years, usually the one that wants the marriage dissolved will have had time to decide this is the best action to take. However, the party that gets left behind has not had that preparation time to figure out what has/is happening! It leaves their world in a spin.

Fran: Somehow, in different people, there is a problem with the thought processes in the brain. This person is married, but they see this person they are married to is not able to live up to what they feel they are entitled to. They begin to feel that they deserve better. They even begin to mentally justify all of their actions as normal. As time passes, the giving up just can't be done. They don't want that person anymore, but they don't want anyone else to have their throw away partner. An obsession comes over these people and it is "do or die". I believe Danny Shelton has this problem. This is just my opinion, mind you. He has justified everything he has done by statements, but no proof.

Fran: I am of the opinion that this has truly become a problem for you to grab hold of. Even though you may not be directly involved in the divorce, I see you as a family member suffering because of the things that are happening. What happens to 3ABN will end up happening to you too.

Fran: That is why we are appealing to Danny to give it up.

1. Spiritual Adultery is not grounds for a Biblical Divorce. Someone, maybe Kay Kuzma, lead Danny to think this through her recommended reading material, This is not Biblical.

2. The phone calls were probably legitimate calls, however, Danny probably saw those minutes/hours as actual minutes/hours and didn't even think to adjust for all of the other added minutes to cover the international phone call cost. This is also understandable! Why continue to repeat what everyone now knows is not true.

3. What is the worst thing that could happen if Danny continues in the course he is following? Think about it. What is the very worst thing that could happen over these 2 points? Is it so hard to say, "I was misled in the matter of Spiritual Adultery." I was so crushed that I just went temporarily crazy!"

4. What is the worst thing that would happen if Danny admitted that when he saw those phone records that he did not realize that it cost much more than one minute for international calls? What would happen if he talked about this on air and he admitted he was wrong, but at that time he did what he felt was right?

5. Are you willing to see 3ABN fall because Danny Shelton can not admit he was wrong? I do NOT want to see that happen at all. Why can't they call in help to get things straight once and for all? Soon it will be too late. Please, Please think about these two things long and hard. They are really no big deal, They are such trivial things, but have become mountains because of Danny claiming he has proof of something different. Yet he does not produce it. Is Danny willing to let 3ABN fall when he could produced proof? This would have long disappeared and we all would be talking about other issues by now, for sure. Think about it.

Maranatha

Now I must close out by saying that the above is my opinion and only my opinion. This is my Q-CY/M-A/P-L Statement. (Quick, Cover Your/My A--/Posterior Legally.)

Johann: #4. When nothing else worked they keep hammering on the thought that they are still looking for a new reason to justify Danny Shelton. Somewhere a reason must be found.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church