Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12364&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:24:57 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What God Has Pointed Out To Me
MsHoly1
post Feb 1 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #1

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 44

Hello everyone,

I don't come to this section because, quite frankly, I'm not interested in this unfortunate situation and refuse to let it consume me however, while sitting here, the Lord showed me something and I had to see for myself. He pointed out to me that there are more "posts" and "views" in this section than in the Sabbath School section.

I don't know why He pointed it out to me 'cause I don't post there either doh.gif but, usually when someone takes time to point something out, it's because it means something to them and maybe He pointed this out because He is displeased with the direction of the conversations and/or the level by which it has gained your attention. Now, I'm not saying you're slacking in your devotions because I don't know any of you but, many of you only joined this board because of the 3ABN thread and to keep up with the drama...and apparently this drama has more appeal than the Sabbath School lesson. That's not good. no.gif

I don't know but for those who are very active in this thread, you may need to check yourselves. Be careful what you are saying and guard your heart and thoughts because God knows them as well.

Again, since God pointed it out, tells me He is not pleased and we know from the bible that when God ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I'm not trying to kill threads or cause Calvin to lose members. I'm just trying to communicate what God has dropped into my spirit. Hopefully you will receive it and please don't shoot the messenger.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 1 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,708

As for myself, I go to another forum in my mother language for Sabbath School and other devotionals, as well as to some others in other languages. English is only my forth language, and I feel more confortable in the three others.

I come here for the subjects that I can't find in the other ones: to educate myself in better understanding my "black" brothers and sisters, for various other useful informations, good humor and yes, input in a subject that bothers me a lot since I learned about Linda being put away. I find this particular forum totally excellent.

God bless you all! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Grace: Feb 1 2007, 03:01 PM

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
LeePaDee
post Feb 1 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

I visited the 3ABN threads only once in a while. I cannot get the program here in Prague... so I'm really not interested in ONE MORE scandal in the SDA church. I've been hearing about and seeing scandals in this church since I was fifteen... and now I've got gray hair!! I just don't bother with that trash anymore

--------------------
This is how change happens: someone hurts, and sooner or later decides to do something about it.
--TRAITOR by Matthew Woodring Stover - p.29

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 1 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

May I respectfully suggest that if you are not interested in this unfortunate situation, and have not come here often enough to understand the burdens of those who ARE interested in it.... for each of their various reasons... then you are in no position to be coming here now and making either judgements or appeals to us.

When you have walked in our moccasins through our journey's here... then you will be qualified to come and speak to us.

It could be, you know, that the reason God impressed you to come here was that he wanted you to see what we were going through, and what was being said here. Perhaps he wanted... wants... you to BECOME "interested in this unfortunate situation".

Peace..... wave.gif

QUOTE(MsHoly1 @ Feb 1 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]174408[/snapback]

Hello everyone,

I don't come to this section because, quite frankly, I'm not interested in this unfortunate situation and refuse to let it consume me however, while sitting here, the Lord showed me something and I had to see for myself. He pointed out to me that there are more "posts" and "views" in this section than in the Sabbath School section.

I don't know why He pointed it out to me 'cause I don't post there either doh.gif but, usually when someone takes time to point something out, it's because it means something to them and maybe He pointed this out because He is displeased with the direction of the conversations and/or the level by which it has gained your attention. Now, I'm not saying you're slacking in your devotions because I don't know any of you but, many of you only joined this board because of the 3ABN thread and to keep up with the drama...and apparently this drama has more appeal than the Sabbath School lesson. That's not good. no.gif

I don't know but for those who are very active in this thread, you may need to check yourselves. Be careful what you are saying and guard your heart and thoughts because God knows them as well.

Again, since God pointed it out, tells me He is not pleased and we know from the bible that when God ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I'm not trying to kill threads or cause Calvin to lose members. I'm just trying to communicate what God has dropped into my spirit. Hopefully you will receive it and please don't shoot the messenger.

QUOTE(LeePaDee @ Feb 1 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]174418[/snapback]

I visited the 3ABN threads only once in a while. I cannot get the program here in Prague... so I'm really not interested in ONE MORE scandal in the SDA church. I've been hearing about and seeing scandals in this church since I was fifteen... and now I've got gray hair!! I just don't bother with that trash anymore

Perhaps you should take your signature line more seriously and personally... I'll bring it here for reference....

Perhaps you should attempt to be part of the solution rather than merely labeling it trash and avoiding it.....

--------------------
This is how change happens: someone hurts, and sooner or later decides to do something about it.--TRAITOR by Matthew Woodring Stover - p.29

People are hurting. People are being hurt. Our whole church is being hurt by the evil that is being covered up at 3abn. "Sooner or later" it has to be dealt with. SOMEBODY has to "do something about it".

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 1 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 1 2007, 10:13 PM) [snapback]174419[/snapback]
May I respectfully suggest that if you are not interested in this unfortunate situation, and have not come here often enough to understand the burdens of those who ARE interested in it.... for each of their various reasons... then you are in no position to be coming here now and making either judgements or appeals to us.

When you have walked in our moccasins through our journey's here... then you will be qualified to come and speak to us.

It could be, you know, that the reason God impressed you to come here was that he wanted you to see what we were going through, and what was being said here. Perhaps he wanted... wants... you to BECOME "interested in this unfortunate situation".

Peace..... wave.gif

Perhaps you should take your signature line more seriously and personally... I'll bring it here for reference....

Perhaps you should attempt to be part of the solution rather than merely labeling it trash and avoiding it.....

--------------------
This is how change happens: someone hurts, and sooner or later decides to do something about it.--TRAITOR by Matthew Woodring Stover - p.29

People are hurting. People are being hurt. Our whole church is being hurt by the evil that is being covered up at 3abn. "Sooner or later" it has to be dealt with. SOMEBODY has to "do something about it".

yes.gif Yes!!!

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 1 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(MsHoly1 @ Feb 1 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]174408[/snapback]

When a house is on fire and is endangering everything connected to it, that is of pimary focus. Don't ever think that people are not praying as they fight the fire.

This post has been edited by Ralph: Feb 1 2007, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 1 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #7

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 1 2007, 04:13 PM) [snapback]174419[/snapback]

Peace..... wave.gif

--------------------

Well said. WB
spoton.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Feb 1 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #8

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Exactly WB.. smile.gif

Good point Ralph!

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 1 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

contrary to what some may believe God will tell each of us what He wishes.... He has no problem speaking our language, whatever that language might be....

Reminds me of a incident that happened to me years ago.... a patient told me that she was the virgin Mary and that God had told her that she and I must have intercourse so that she could have my child.... after telling me this, she looked directly at me awaiting my response to this message from God..... After a brief pause, I told her that I appreciated the information but until God gave me the same message she would not be bearing my child.... she went on her way....

and thats all I have to say about this..... yes.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 1 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

lol.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 1 2007, 08:11 PM) [snapback]174486[/snapback]

contrary to what some may believe God will tell each of us what He wishes.... He has no problem speaking our language, whatever that language might be....

Reminds me of a incident that happened to me years ago.... a patient told me that she was the virgin Mary and that God had told her that she and I must have intercourse so that she could have my child.... after telling me this, she looked directly at me awaiting my response to this message from God..... After a brief pause, I told her that I appreciated the information but until God gave me the same message she would not be bearing my child.... she went on her way....

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 1 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #11

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 1 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]174419[/snapback]

Point of information: Any member can come in any BSDA forum and speak to us. There is no prequalification required.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 1 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

a patient told me that she was the virgin Mary and that God had told her that she and I must have intercourse so that she could have my child.... after telling me this, she looked directly at me awaiting my response to this message from God..... After a brief pause, I told her that I appreciated the information but until God gave me the same message she would not be bearing my child.... she went on her way....

yikes.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 1 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Right on, Steve, in all respects!! clapping.gif

So much for self-appointed prophets! thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
post Feb 2 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(MsHoly1 @ Feb 1 2007, 02:37 PM) [snapback]174408[/snapback]

Hello everyone,

Your on line name sounds ever so familiar. Even your writing style is familiar. We must have communicated before.

It is encouraging to know that God is speaking to man kind. He speaks to me also.

I went to your website and was glad to see you carry lots of John C Maxwell’s books. When I was able to work, I read all of his books and received CD's from InJoy and Maximum Impact. I bought hundreds of gifts to give away for Christmas.

He is profound in his knowledge of the 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. The Lord spoke to me over and over through the Bible and these books. Another author that has given me much inspiration are books by Ellen G White. I did not find her on your list. I thought for sure I would find her in your list of authors. You might want to sell a few. She wrote a book called the Desire of Ages. I have read this book maybe about 12 times. I read parts of it frequently, but I love reading it cover to cover.

Welcome to BSDA. We seem to be here much more than in the Sabbath School forum because many of us have been spoken to and have been instructed to share with others that we have a wolf in sheep's clothing with-in our church.

This post has been edited by Fran: Feb 2 2007, 02:11 AM

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Feb 2 2007, 03:27 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

MsHoly1- I dont doubt the Lord might have spoken to you, however,it has been my experience that often today people say the lord spoke to them when actually it is them using the lord to express their own feelings. There was a lady in our church that heard the Lord more than Moses. So was this a audible message from the Lord or just a feeling you had? Because unspoken in your post is the veiled implication that the posting here are not from the Lord. I have been to church at times where people would say the Lord told them something when the person just before they spoke said the Lord told them something that is the opposite of what that person is saying.

I am not saying you are using the same tactic as some in leadership do when something does not go their way. However, how many people say the Lord has spoken to them or showed them something when in actuality it is their own vivid imagination. Or it is because they dont agree with something that is being said?

Maybe this topic is more important than the Sabbath School lesson or maybe more needed. After all the Sabbath School has a book and pamplet and Sabbath School helps that come with it, but the innocent children or adults dont have that. What you dont realize is that if it was not for (or maybe you do) the internet or this forum people would not know what was going on and as in the past the innocent would suffer without a voice (I have personally experienced this in the past). It is past time for this to stop.to much pain and wrongs have been done to people by the professed people of God when in fact they were wolves in sheeps clothing, hiding behind the pretense of religion

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church