Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12364&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:42:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What God Has Pointed Out To Me
Denny
post Feb 2 2007, 04:13 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

Since there are no rules on how many times one can visit a thread and which thread one can visit I see no reason for the OP comments. Ok that is how she feels then avoid the thread and leave others to decide how often they want to visit the Sabbath School thread or not. Perhaps God has impressed that for you and for you only it is not a good idea to be on this thread but for others it may be very helpful. Reminds me of vegan syndrome - church member believes God impresses them to be a vegan means everyone else must be one as well.....

This post has been edited by Denny: Feb 2 2007, 04:17 AM

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
post Feb 2 2007, 04:34 AM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Feb 2 2007, 03:27 AM) [snapback]174589[/snapback]

MsHoly1- I dont doubt the Lord might have spoken to you, however,it has been my experience that often today people say the lord spoke to them when actually it is them using the lord to express their own feelings. There was a lady in our church that heard the Lord more than Moses. So was this a audible message from the Lord or just a feeling you had? Because unspoken in your post is the veiled implication that the posting here are not from the Lord. I have been to church at times where people would say the Lord told them something when the person just before they spoke said the Lord told them something that is the opposite of what that person is saying.

I am not saying you are using the same tactic as some in leadership do when something does not go their way. However, how many people say the Lord has spoken to them or showed them something when in actuality it is their own vivid imagination. Or it is because they dont agree with something that is being said?
Maybe this topic is more important than the Sabbath School lesson or maybe more needed. After all the Sabbath School has a book and pamplet and Sabbath School helps that come with it, but the innocent children or adults dont have that. What you dont realize is that if it was not for (or maybe you do) the internet or this forum people would not know what was going on and as in the past the innocent would suffer without a voice (I have personally experienced this in the past). It is past time for this to stop.to much pain and wrongs have been done to people by the professed people of God when in fact they were wolves in sheeps clothing, hiding behind the pretense of religion

Oh, Mystery Man; roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

Now this is funny. I know how you LOVE funny, but most of the time you aren't so funny!

I shall pat myself on the back because you fell for MY bait! Yes, indeed, this is funny. Dogged if I can't pull you out and reveal yourself to me. This was really funny. I'm serious. However. will it get a laugh at the comedy club you frequent? I'll take a stab at that answer ~ NO! rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

Where is that emocon that is a wolf in sheeps clothing when you need it! That's OK, all you have to do is look into the mirror. You've got more lives than Carter has Liver Pills.

By the way, I liked the web site!

Now don't go away mad! Just go away! wave.gif wave.gif wave.gif

Where is Voltaire when you need him?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
LeePaDee
post Feb 2 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 19

WATCHBIRD WROTE:
Perhaps you should take your signature line more seriously and personally... I'll bring it here for reference....
------Thanks for your comments, WatchBird. I do take that signature line "more seriously" than you show that you believe I do.

Perhaps you should attempt to be part of the solution rather than merely labeling it trash and avoiding it.....
------And perhaps you should attempt to let God lead me just as He leads you. THAT is my goal, to follow God's leading in my life.

--------------------
This is how change happens: someone hurts, and sooner or later decides to do something about it.--TRAITOR by Matthew Woodring Stover - p.29

People are hurting. People are being hurt. Our whole church is being hurt by the evil that is being covered up at 3abn. "Sooner or later" it has to be dealt with. SOMEBODY has to "do something about it".
------Exactly right, WatchBird. Do what you need to do... I'll do the same.

--------------------
This is how change happens: someone hurts, and sooner or later decides to do something about it.
--TRAITOR by Matthew Woodring Stover - p.29

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 2 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Feb 2 2007, 04:27 AM) [snapback]174589[/snapback]

MsHoly1- I dont doubt the Lord might have spoken to you, however,it has been my experience that often today people say the lord spoke to them when actually it is them using the lord to express their own feelings. There was a lady in our church that heard the Lord more than Moses. So was this a audible message from the Lord or just a feeling you had? Because unspoken in your post is the veiled implication that the posting here are not from the Lord. I have been to church at times where people would say the Lord told them something when the person just before they spoke said the Lord told them something that is the opposite of what that person is saying.

I am not saying you are using the same tactic as some in leadership do when something does not go their way. However, how many people say the Lord has spoken to them or showed them something when in actuality it is their own vivid imagination. Or it is because they dont agree with something that is being said?
Maybe this topic is more important than the Sabbath School lesson or maybe more needed. After all the Sabbath School has a book and pamplet and Sabbath School helps that come with it, but the innocent children or adults dont have that. What you dont realize is that if it was not for (or maybe you do) the internet or this forum people would not know what was going on and as in the past the innocent would suffer without a voice (I have personally experienced this in the past). It is past time for this to stop.to much pain and wrongs have been done to people by the professed people of God when in fact they were wolves in sheeps clothing, hiding behind the pretense of religion

Mystery man, thanks for your thoughtful, restrained postings. I suspect Fran read hastily and forgot to whom she was replying -- which would explain her reply to you.

With emotions running so high here, we could use a few more restrained posts like yours to anchor the thread. So please don't be discouraged because someone mis-read your post, and keep posting. smile.gif wave.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 2 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

mystery-man, you hit the nail soundly on the head(several times!) as did watchbird.

MsHoly1, I have a burden on my heart, that I believe the Lord put there, to do whatever I can to help expose the truth about the victimization of young people and the subsequent coverup and intimidations that "rub salt" in the wounds of the victims.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Feb 4 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

Fran? Please explain your post. DId I miss something?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church