Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12493&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:24:29 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Walt Thompson On Tommy's Surrender Of His Ministerial License, one leader vs. many; voluntary vs. involuntary
Pickle
post Feb 11 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

So I thought I'd post it on a new thread in order to encourage getting some answers.

Hi everyone.

I haven't gotten any response to the questions I sent Danny about the child molestation allegations, even though it's been more than ten weeks now since I sent my first inquiry. Perhaps some of you can help me out?

Tommy, this is by no means meant to embarrass you, but merely to get down to the bottom of things, and arrive at the truth of the situation. Perhaps you will feel free to answer this yourself, because certainly you would know the facts of the matter.

3ABN board chairman Dr. Walt Thompson gave me information about these allegations in his emails of November 24 and 27, 2006, and stated:

"I would like to request that you ... varify[sic] [this letter's] contents."

In his email of November 27, Walt wrote:

"I was also told that one leader pestered Tommy over and over again until Tommy voluntarily gave up his ministerial license."

Please take a look at the 1985 letter suspending Tommy's ordination posted at Gailon Joy's site, http://www.Save3ABN.com/. That letter came from the "Illinois Ministerial Credentials Committee of the General Assembly of the Church of God in Illinois." You will notice that it is signed by two individuals, not one, that it represents the decision of an entire committee, and that it does not portray a voluntary surrender on the part of Tommy of his ministerial license. Thus,

Question: Does anyone have any idea who gave Walt the idea that a single leader was involved in Tommy's surrendering of his ministerial license, and who gave him the idea that Tommy's surrendering of that license was voluntary; or, did Tommy surrender his license on multiple occasions, and was Walt referring to a different occasion altogether?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Have a good Sabbath.

Bob

edited for content......

This post has been edited by Clay: Feb 12 2007, 09:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 12 2007, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 12 2007, 12:36 AM) [snapback]177545[/snapback]

So I thought I'd post it on a new thread in order to encourage getting some answers.
In his email of November 27, Walt wrote:
Please take a look at the 1985 letter suspending Tommy's ordination posted at Gailon Joy's site, http://www.Save3ABN.com/. That letter came from the "Illinois Ministerial Credentials Committee of the General Assembly of the Church of God in Illinois." You will notice that it is signed by two individuals, not one, that it represents the decision of an entire committee, and that it does not portray a voluntary surrender on the part of Tommy of his ministerial license. Thus,

Question: Does anyone have any idea who gave Walt the idea that a single leader was involved in Tommy's surrendering of his ministerial license, and who gave him the idea that Tommy's surrendering of that license was voluntary; or, did Tommy surrender his license on multiple occasions, and was Walt referring to a different occasion altogether?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Have a good Sabbath.

Bob

Bob,

Having been a recipient of the above email I was reminded of what happened in the way you posted your exchanges between Danny and Dr. Thompson in regards to "Linda's car title" and the issue of "admissions of being misled" respectively.

Those discussions began much the same way this one is. You already have tipped your hand elsewhere in regards to what you believe about the question you ask in the above email. Engaging in an email exchange and then crafting it so it says what you want it to doesn't seem to present your case in the best light.

Your exchange with Danny in regards to the car title showed that he told you he opened the car with a key he had. Later in the same email Linda is the one who uses the words "broke into." After a few more posts you suddenly make the claim that Danny admitted breaking into Linda's car. He never said that, he never insinuated that.

In regards to Dr. Thompson, he graciously responded to your questions. It was obvious that he was giving you the benefit of the doubt and accepting, initially, that you wanted to help solve the issues and be involved in healing the wounds so 3ABN could go on with its mission. You then took his answers and began making statements such as "Dr. Thompson admitted that Danny lied." You have since edited most of the statements to things like "seemingly admited" and the like. Again, these are not true and crafted to manipulate readers in a subtle way. How powerful it is to be able to get readers to think that the chairman of the BoD admitted that Danny lied to him. If this is true, many will surmise, then the other allegations must be true as well.

You are in publishing and you deal with words, I don't believe this is sloppy writing. It is well crafted to create a perception you wanted to create.

In case it isn't clear:

1. Danny never admitted breaking into Linda's car and finding a watch in the glove compartment. He did say he opened it with a key he had and found a watch in the glove compartment.

2. Dr. Thompson never admitted Danny lied. Nor did he insinuate that Danny lied. What Dr. Thompson did do was answer your questions openly and honestly.

There are other evidences of nefarious methods that have been employed by those making a case against 3ABN. As I verify what I have been told I will also challenge on those points.

If you have an honest case to make, you shouldn't need to use duplicitous methods to gain "information" or spin it so it suits your position. You shouldn't have to mislead people or cast aspersions in order to uncover the truth.

- FHB

edited for content....

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Feb 12 2007, 10:00 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 12 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

And for every visitor who reads the above from fallible, I will say that his accusations are utterly false. I did not re-post his post in order to make people think he was the one asking those questions.

Further, fallible did not follow Matthew 18 by making any attempt whatsoever to ask me whether his suspicions were correct. He assumed his suspicions were correct, and posted accordingly, thus making totally false accusations.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 12 2007, 08:37 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

this thread is locked until I can clarify some things....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 12 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #5

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

This thread has been reopened.... Bob, when a thread has been closed we usually frown upon the subject being transferred to a new thread.... In this case there is an exception because of the desire to explore the investigative practices involved.... if the thread strays it will be closed...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 12 2007, 09:33 AM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Bob I went back and found the complete statement that FHB posted..... He said:
I received the email quoted below from Bob Pickle tonight, February 9, 2007 at 4:26 PM. It arrived at my personal email address which is not available on either BSDA or MSDAOL.
The email in question is the one you posted here to start this thread, and you did not post it in its entirety.... Such sleight of hand does not do your cause justice... It gives the appearance of doing something questionable.... is that the impression you want us to have?

FHB complete statement can be found here:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12480

There is enough confusion as it is, but to do that makes it appear that FHB said something that he did not say.... that is not necessary....

This post has been edited by Clay: Feb 12 2007, 09:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 12 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Wasn't my intention, I assure you.

I thought about posting the entire email rather than just what FHB posted, but then opted to post only what he posted.

Since the purpose was to elicit answers to the question posed in the email, not to merely reproduce his post, it never occurred to me that I should quote anything other than the email itself, as in quoting a few of his words as well.

My apologies for whatever confusion that caused.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 12 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

(Clay, if any of this is inappropriate, feel free to delete.)

As far as FHB's comments go regarding the title issue, he apparently harbors an unforgiving spirit, for he neglects to say that I apologized for that imprecise wording, which was brought on through going round and round with a certain user over nonsense.

Nor does he say that I proposed to him that I reword it to say that Danny admitted that he had entered Linda's car without permission, which in some people's minds might mean just about the same.

Nor does he say that my point in that sentence was that Danny admitted to what the make and model of the car in question was. That Danny admitted entering Linda's car without permission was not the point of my statement at all.

Nor does he say that in that very same interchange he falsely accused me more than once of posting a reply from Danny on the title issue, and wouldn't believe me when I told him he was wrong. But in the end he did acknowledge that he had erred on that one, for Danny had never sent me any reply whatsoever on that issue.

And FHB knows full well what I have meant whenever I have said that Dr. Thompson essentially admitted that Danny misled him. He knows that I have consistently meant that Dr. Thompson admitted that Danny told him that the allegations were 30 years old and due to a feud, and that regardless of what Dr. Thompson thinks about those points, that that information is clearly bogus, and thus that Danny had to have misled him, even if Dr. Thomspon never said, "Danny misled me."

My hunch is that what the real problem FHB is having right now is that he is mad that Aletheia gave me his email containing his email address back in December, and he is mad that I thus have two names that he has used, possibly his first and middle names. And if he had just not got so bent out of shape about it yesterday, it would never have dawned on me last night that perhaps I have the first letter of his last name too in his email address.

But FHB, you're still in the clear. After someone other than myself made a number of phone calls, your identity is still a secret, so don't worry.

But please, don't start straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel again, as if my wording regarding Dr. Thompson's admission is a more hideous crime than lying about allegations of child molestation, the latter which has jeopardized 3ABN's financial stability if any more recent incidents have occurred.

And my poor choice of wording when pointing out that Danny admitted that Linda's car was a Toyota Sequoia is a gnat compared to the camel of Danny's lying when trying to prove that his ex-wife is an adulteress. Danny is free to prove his case, but he must do it only with truth, never lies. And if he trips up somewhere and makes a mistake in his wording, he should be man enough to admit it and apologize, even as you did.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 12 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #9

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Maybe I did not make myself clear. The other topic was closed yesterday because the two of you where going at it over how Pickle got FHB’s email address. TAKE IT OFFLINE. The next time one of you brings it up, he will be suspended.

BTW Pickle, we have had enough discussion about car titles and such, don’t need another topic to rehash this stuff again. Dig up one of the old threads if you want to bump it up.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church