Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1303&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:48:24 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Latest On 3abn, a letter explaining some things....
princessdi
post Jul 29 2004, 05:41 PM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Also, we have been praying the Danny and Linda all along, and said so in our posts.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 29 2004, 05:45 PM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

I don't know the particulars... my point is that something happened between Danny and Linda. Danny seems to have gone on the offensive and portrayed himself as the righteous victim.... now there is another side to the story, Linda's.... she was fired, shunned and silenced.... she created a website perhaps to tell her side.... there is something wrong with the picture.

Yes we can leave it up to God and the Sheltons, except Danny seems to use every opportunity he has to take swipes at his wife, making it public.... that's my take.... Now as for the letter, it may be a disgruntled fired employee, HOWEVER if he is telling the truth why discount it. As the saying goes, "just because I am paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me..."

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 29 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Here is Linda's letter from her website.....

www.lindashelton.org

A LETTER FROM LINDA:

Hello my friends,

May God's richest blessings be yours today! I have missed the times I have had sharing with you, sitting on the front porch with Fluffy and Sheltie. (They send their greetings!) But some very unfortunate events have occurred. Many of you are asking "what happened??" In a nutshell, God's Word says it best. "I hold not Your peace, O God of my praise; for the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me; they have spoken against me with a lying tongue; they compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause. For my love they are my adversaries; but I give myself unto prayer. And they have rewarded me evil for good and hatred for my love." (Psalm 109:1-5) This has been undoubtedly the most trying experience of my lifetime. Yet I want you to know that for three difficult months I stayed, I prayed and I fought this spiritual battle. I wanted to have the assurance that when the time came to lay down the sword, that I had given it my best. This does not mean I made perfect decisions in every circumstance of this crisis. But it does mean that by His grace, I did the best that I could. This is something I cherish right now, and it gives me peace. For whatever reason, God has allowed this. I don't question Him, I thank Him. He's still holding the steering wheel of my ship, so wherever we go, we go together. He has led me into the wilderness, I've faced the "terrors of the night," but right now He is my peace, my safety net and my Friend. And as always, He is teaching me lessons that are "out of this world!"

Let me be frank and honest with you concerning the rumors. Have I been unfaithful to my husband of 19 years? Absolutely not. Did I do something immoral? No way!! Weren't there many, many people that I counseled with concerning this problem? The only formal counsel I ever received during this entire episode was that of my local pastor, a husband and wife team of counselors and the Chairman of the 3ABN Board. That's all. But the problem was bigger than the counsel could relieve. But... "All my bones will say, "Lord, who is like You, Who delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong for him, and the afflicted and the needy from him who robs him?" (Psalm 35:10)

I truly believe that sometimes we get to be like greenhouse Christians. Our environment is controlled, our needs are provided and our future is secure ... perhaps too secure. Then our loving heavenly Father shakes things up a bit to help us realize once again what it feels like to be vulnerable, desperate and even ... condemned. He helps us to feel exactly like those we are trying to reach for Him. And oh, what a valuable lesson it is. So although things have been shaken up a bit at 3ABN, let's pray for God's ordained ministry, let's support it and let's learn the lessons God wants us to learn right now. We need to remember that "the enemy is the enemy," not each other.

When I first saw the rumblings of these rumors taking off like a rocket, I was devastated. I could almost literally see the foundations of my 19 year ministry crumbling to the ground. I wanted to work for Jesus but it seemed as if this tidal wave of rumors had finished me. So I considered other options like going back to school (yuck) and even starting my own business. But the Lord has clearly shown me that He's not finished with me yet. He has a plan. So right now I am in my "listening mode" waiting on the Lord's instructions. I'd like to THANK you so much for the warm blanket of prayer that surrounds me now, and that has surrounded me throughout this crisis. Your prayers make all the difference in the world. THANK YOU!! Stay tuned to my website for updates, and thank you also for your support of my "sprouting" new ministry through the CD's, cassettes and songbooks. May God bless you abundantly more than you can ever ask or think!

His love & mine,

Linda Shelton

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 29 2004, 05:51 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

My point for posting Linda's letter is to show that there were/are rumors about her committing adultery. In her letter she states that she has not been unfaithful to her husband, now why would she say that? That accusation came from somewhere? Where? and why?

--------------------

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Jul 29 2004, 05:59 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 490

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 29 2004, 05:40 PM)
What you don't realize is that Danny has been all over the place as late as last Sabbath making vague remarks about the situation.  If you have not already done so, go back and read posts from "This should not be news - Continuation, Letter From Danny Shelton to BlackSDA".  Especially the ones from this week.  You can't comprehend what we are saying without reading the posts.

I saw most of the program with Danny last Sabbath (if you mean the Patmos broadcast). Danny did speak of Linda normally and fondly, although he made "vague remarks" about 3ABN's problems, as you said, he did not attack any individual.

Now I am getting the impression that because Danny supposedly wrote a not- so-friendly letter to BlackSDA forum, with all the baggage that the racial differences bring to play, some here tend to see the entire 3ABN issue through a Danny versus Us lens.

My beef is with those like the author of the letter, Bro J, who are trying to hurt Danny by exposing Dannya nd all the details of 3ABN inner dealings. That cannot be right. This is sour grapes.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay
----------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"
"If my heart condemns me, God is greater than my heart." [Para 1 Jn 3:20]
"But none of these things move me" [Acts 20:24]

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 29 2004, 06:06 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(tarduke @ Jul 29 2004, 06:59 PM)
I saw most of the program with Danny last Sabbath (if you mean the Patmos broadcast). Danny did speak of Linda normally and fondly, although he made "vague remarks" about 3ABN's problems, as you said, he did not attack any individual.

Now I am getting the impression that because Danny supposedly wrote a not- so-friendly letter to BlackSDA forum, with all the baggage that the racial differences bring to play, some here tend to see the entire 3ABN issue through a Danny versus Us lens.

My beef is with those like the author of the letter, Bro J, who are trying to hurt Danny by exposing Dannya nd all the details of 3ABN inner dealings. That cannot be right. This is sour grapes.

No Trevor that is not the case at all... Danny opted to write here, when there is another sda forum that engaged in bashing, gossip and judging motives. Sour grapes for whom? None of us have a dog in this fight, however there is a sense of unfairness as I see it when Danny can use his medium to tell his side of the story without being challenged... If he wanted it private, then he should not have said anything, he should have not had Linda fired until there was a resolution be it reconciliation or divorce.... that's what I think is unfair....

--------------------

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Jul 30 2004, 06:43 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Jul 29 2004, 06:06 PM)
If he [Danny] wanted it private, then he should not have said anything, he should have not had Linda fired until there was a resolution be it reconciliation or divorce.... that's what I think is unfair....

I agree there is apparent unfairness on many sides, including Danny's.
What I don't understand is why others are making more claims against Danny than Linda herself is willing to make.

I read Linda's website soon after it came online . She is teasingly but appropriately oblique about the substance of her fallout with 3ABN. Yet others are running with all the details as if they have a personal axe to grind, which it appears they do.

Now again I don't see this as Danny versus anyone in this great forum. I am referring to the messengers and peddlers of rumors, writing letters all over the place. God can repair the breach, but by putting out more garbage out there, it might make it so much more difficult for biblical reconciliation to take place among the various parties.

Having said this, I also do believe that the subject of 3ABN, its issues and its principals are appropriate for public discussion, especially on the question of accountability in ministry.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay

1 Peter 4:11 "If any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man ministers, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth"

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 30 2004, 12:22 PM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Trevor wrote, "Having said this, I also do believe that the subject of 3ABN, its issues and its principals are appropriate for public discussion, especially on the question of accountability in ministry."

And that my friend Trevor is what we have been doing... any snippet of info that comes to light though has to be evaluated on it's merits as well as how it fits into the big picture.... Again, I believe it is unfair that one party gets to use a public medium to broadcast their position and the other party cannot..... just my opinion.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 30 2004, 01:06 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(tarduke @ Jul 29 2004, 07:59 PM)
My beef is with those like the author of the letter, Bro J, who are trying to hurt Danny by exposing Dannya nd all the details of 3ABN inner dealings.  That cannot be right. This is sour grapes.

I know the brother in question; I have worked with him closely as a co-moderator of another forum and I have discussed numerous things at length with him. To do something spitefully and capriciously as you suggest is not consistent with the the man I know.

Even before his letter was posted this entire situation smelled to me of 'spin' from the 3ABN side and of insecurity, pride and ego from Bro. Shelton. As more and more reports come out, the reports only reinforce that idea. The preemptive strike to smear Linda's character, actions and motives was not in the least Godly and it is disingenuous for he and the 3ABN management to try to paint this as a spiritual issue on the one hand and try to defeat it using carnal weapons on the other... surely they are aware that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal... God doesn't work out of the world's toolbox.

If Bro. Shelton has the truth on his side, he should not be so concerned with silencing dissenting voices... and if he does not have truth on his side, then even if he is able to silence everyone who knows the truth, the rocks themselves would cry out.

In His service,
Kevin Josey

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 30 2004, 01:12 PM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(tarduke @ Jul 30 2004, 08:43 AM)
What I don't understand is why others are making more claims against Danny than Linda herself is willing to make.

Psa 109:1 Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise; 2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue. 3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause. 4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I [give myself unto] prayer. 5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

What more need she say than this? The multitude of words is coming from 3ABN; it would be a good place to start to determine what they are trying to conceal by them.

In His service,
Kevin Josey

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
friends
post Aug 26 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 584

I know Linda as a personal friend. She has been devastated by this mess, but she realizes that the devil is responsible. She also realizes that the devil is using this circumstance to try to bring 3ABN to the ground, a ministry which she labored in for 19 years. Although she did not participate in all the "counsel" that is mentioned by others, and she is not guilty of committing "spiritual adultery," she IS WILLING to be "burned at the stake" for 3ABN, a ministry she loves with all of her heart. That's why you will never hear the story behind the "story" of what really happened to her at 3ABN. In my opinion, the woman is a saint. Her biggest heartache right now is that she fears many are completely and totally devastated by what "they think" she did. She wants everyone to know she is still full of faith and holding on with both hands to the hand of Jesus.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 27 2004, 05:59 AM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Be sure to convey to Linda that not everyone believes the hype..... she has friends here at BSDA and she (as well as the others in this fiasco) have been in our prayers.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 27 2004, 06:24 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(friends @ Aug 26 2004, 10:07 PM)
I know Linda as a personal friend.  She has been devastated by this mess, but she realizes that the devil is responsible.  She also realizes that the devil is using this circumstance to try to bring 3ABN to the ground, a ministry which she labored in for 19 years.  ...she IS WILLING to be "burned at the stake" for 3ABN, a ministry she loves with all of her heart.

Friends, welcome and thank you for that post.

As I observed in previous discussions on this subject, Linda may well be the innocent party in this mess. She certainly is a sympathetic character and I enjoyed her ministry and miss her tremendously.

What disturbs me is the kind of pious language used to describe Linda and the halo with which she and others (like your post) dress her. "Willing to be 'burned at the stake'"? Isn't that really taking things too far? The woman is collecting a fat check every month in severance/hush money.

Remember if you overstate your case, reasonable people might start to think your case might have more holes in it than it really has. Simple facts and the truth will vindicate Linda if she is the saint you say she is. Stretching it only makes her look bad.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Aug 27 2004, 06:37 AM
Post #29

Guests

QUOTE(tarduke @ Aug 27 2004, 07:24 AM)
What disturbs me is the kind of pious language used to describe Linda and the halo with which she and others (like your post) dress her. "Willing to be 'burned at the stake'"? Isn't that really taking things too far? The woman is collecting a fat check every month in severance/hush money.

Remember if you overstate your case, reasonable people might start to think your case might have more holes in it than it really has. Simple facts and the truth will vindicate Linda if she is the saint you say she is. Stretching it only makes her look bad.

Now you have me totally confused. You characterize her as a woman collecting a fat check in severance/hush money, then appear to be appalled by pious language used to describe her though you agree that she has not been the source of this language. This is hardly an objective journalistic approach.

+Quote Post
tarduke
post Aug 27 2004, 07:24 AM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Aug 27 2004, 06:37 AM)
Now you have me totally confused. You characterize her as a woman collecting a fat check in severance/hush money, then appear to be appalled by pious language used to describe her though you agree that she has not been the source of this language. This is hardly an objective journalistic approach.

Lol. The difference is that since I don't have a case to make, ie I am not an advocate foir either side, my little bit of hyperbole (grounded in fact, by the way) doesn't overstate anything of consequence.

By the way I did indicate that Linda's own language was part of the overkill.

--------------------
Trevor Ducreay

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church