Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13176&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:44:17 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 990 Inventory Totals, From $88K to $1.4 million in 5 years
Snoopy
post Apr 3 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 3 2007, 05:07 PM) [snapback]189843[/snapback]

The book I have is a hard copy with a colorful dust jacket. The dust jacket calls it, The 3ABN Story, A Channel of Bessing. It has small pics of two production scenes and a pic of Danny and Linda as they looked when it was written. It is copyrighted in 2002 by Bob Ellis. Published by New Authors Publications, PO Box 10, West Frankfort, IL. 62896. It was originally sold and distributed by Three Angels Broadcasting Network.

According to the back dust jacket, "Bob Ellis is an award-winning retired journalist with more than 30 years of newspaper experience. He became interested in 3ABN when his newspaper, The Daily American, assigned him to cover its growth into a worldwide Christian television and radio network...."

It was sold from the 3ABN bookstore until recently. I don't know when they stopped carrying it, but I believe it was only a few months ago that I noticed it still being sold on their site and thought to myself.... hmmmm.... that's interesting that they would still carry that when they have erased everything else that mentions Linda. Anyhow.... it is no longer sold or mentioned on the 3abn site.

There are a few copies at very low prices available from amazon.com.

It doubtless gives some insights into Danny and Linda that may look somewhat different against the background of history since that time than what they did when originally written. The serious student of 3ABN history should surely have one in their library.

I have one! And I read it! I found it to be very interesting, although full of typographical errors. I do believe I might have to read it again, in light of a new perspective...

dunno.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 3 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 3 2007, 06:26 PM) [snapback]189847[/snapback]

How much was it? Can you scan a copy of the cover? Is it 300 pages? What size are the pages? How thick is it?

The price printed on the dust jacket is $20.00. I don't recall if I paid that much for it or not. Yes, I could scan a copy of the cover. The last printing in the book is on page 299. The pages are 5X8 inches, and it is approximately an inch thick.

Now why don't you hop over to amazon.com where if you are among the first there you can pick up a good quality used one for a little over a dollar. For twice that you can get one that has it's own dust jacket... in good condition. But hurry... you got to beat the rush from BSDA'rs. rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post Apr 3 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 3,195

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 3 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]189830[/snapback]

Who is on the cover of it? Did Bob Ellis personally write it?

yes the next person who is answerin is right i don't have cover anymore

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Apr 3 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]189848[/snapback]

I have one! And I read it! I found it to be very interesting, although full of typographical errors. I do believe I might have to read it again, in light of a new perspective...

dunno.gif

thank you snoopy for your help!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 3 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 3 2007, 06:08 PM) [snapback]189857[/snapback]

The price printed on the dust jacket is $20.00. I don't recall if I paid that much for it or not. Yes, I could scan a copy of the cover. The last printing in the book is on page 299. The pages are 5X8 inches, and it is approximately an inch thick.

Hmm. Does that 1 inch include the cover? Can you measure that and get it down to a 1/16th of an inch for me?

I'm just wondering the weight of paper it used. 60# offset is 216 sheets per inch. That would be 432 pages per inch.

Maybe I'll get a copy of the book off of Amazon. In the meantime, I'd love to have a scan of the cover.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 3 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 3 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]189879[/snapback]

Hmm. Does that 1 inch include the cover? Can you measure that and get it down to a 1/16th of an inch for me?

I'm just wondering the weight of paper it used. 60# offset is 216 sheets per inch. That would be 432 pages per inch.

Maybe I'll get a copy of the book off of Amazon. In the meantime, I'd love to have a scan of the cover.

I'll be interested to hear your analysis since this is your expertise.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
lurker
post Apr 3 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

And/or you can read large portions of Mending Broken People: The Vision, the Lives, The Blessings: the Miracle Stories of 3ABN: by Kay Kuzma for free at http://tinyurl.com/3asrgw

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post Apr 3 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(lurker @ Apr 3 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]189884[/snapback]

And/or you can read large portions of Mending Broken People: The Vision, the Lives, The Blessings: the Miracle Stories of 3ABN: by Kay Kuzma for free at http://tinyurl.com/3asrgw

no thank you

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 3 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

welcome(1).gif Shinejoy

BTW love the nic

Hope you enjoy the BSDA experience.

Do you have a special reaon for why you don't want to read the books Channel of Blessings or Mending Broken People? Not prying just concerned.

Have a wonderful day,

Rosyroi
@}---;---;----- rose for you

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Apr 3 2007, 08:47 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Apr 3 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 3 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]189798[/snapback]

As far as I know, it should be all items held for either resale or giving away. No cameras, etc., unless they sell cameras as a business.

Bob, I believe this would be a reasonably accurate statement as to what inventory is. The website shows they sell books, cds, dvds, tapes and a shirt. I can't imagine they keep the 36" satellite dishes and receivers in inventory but at 199.00 each that would be a lot of them. I suppose they might have gotten stuck with the old skyangel dishes and receivers but i would not think that could be listed at full value.

And since we know that no profit is being made by anyone on the TC-TR (TIC) and the publisher/printer is practically giving them away per Aletheia, I can't imagine 3abn would/should have a large inventory of them either. scratchchin.gif

Any other suggestions what that number would represent?

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Apr 3 2007, 09:00 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 3 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 3 2007, 05:08 PM) [snapback]189857[/snapback]

Now why don't you hop over to amazon.com where if you are among the first there you can pick up a good quality used one for a little over a dollar. For twice that you can get one that has it's own dust jacket... in good condition. But hurry... you got to beat the rush from BSDA'rs. rofl1.gif

You're sooooooooo bad ! giggle.gif

i think danny interviewed bob elllis when the book came out. seems like i saw that on a "today" prog.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 4 2007, 06:30 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 4 2007, 01:07 AM) [snapback]189843[/snapback]

The book I have is a hard copy with a colorful dust jacket. The dust jacket calls it, The 3ABN Story, A Channel of Bessing. It has small pics of two production scenes and a pic of Danny and Linda as they looked when it was written. It is copyrighted in 2002 by Bob Ellis. Published by New Authors Publications, PO Box 10, West Frankfort, IL. 62896. It was originally sold and distributed by Three Angels Broadcasting Network.

According to the back dust jacket, "Bob Ellis is an award-winning retired journalist with more than 30 years of newspaper experience. He became interested in 3ABN when his newspaper, The Daily American, assigned him to cover its growth into a worldwide Christian television and radio network...."

It was sold from the 3ABN bookstore until recently. I don't know when they stopped carrying it, but I believe it was only a few months ago that I noticed it still being sold on their site and thought to myself.... hmmmm.... that's interesting that they would still carry that when they have erased everything else that mentions Linda. Anyhow.... it is no longer sold or mentioned on the 3abn site.

There are a few copies at very low prices available from amazon.com.

It doubtless gives some insights into Danny and Linda that may look somewhat different against the background of history since that time than what they did when originally written. The serious student of 3ABN history should surely have one in their library.

It must have been January 2003 when Linda gave me several pages of copies of the manuscript of this book. She called Bob to get his permission that I could get it. Then during Camp Meeting in May 2003 the book was released and Bob Ellis was featured. I met him on that occasion.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post Apr 4 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 3 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]189894[/snapback]

welcome(1).gif Shinejoy

BTW love the nic

Hope you enjoy the BSDA experience.

Do you have a special reaon for why you don't want to read the books Channel of Blessings or Mending Broken People? Not prying just concerned.

Have a wonderful day,

Rosyroi
@}---;---;----- rose for you

thank you for the welcome Its just i am very disappointed with 3abn and why would i want to read the other books when this is fiction book now anyway.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 4 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(shinejoy @ Apr 4 2007, 07:43 AM) [snapback]189979[/snapback]

thank you for the welcome Its just i am very disappointed with 3abn and why would i want to read the other books when this is fiction book now anyway.

shinejoy,

If you read carefully here, you will see that your disappointment should be directed at some of the leadership of 3abn and not the ministry. Many people are and have been blessed by the ministry. The aim of many here on the 3abn Forum is to work to try to save the ministry by adjusting the attitudes and actions of some of those in administration.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post Apr 4 2007, 09:33 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 4 2007, 08:18 AM) [snapback]189982[/snapback]

shinejoy,

If you read carefully here, you will see that your disappointment should be directed at some of the leadership of 3abn and not the ministry. Many people are and have been blessed by the ministry. The aim of many here on the 3abn Forum is to work to try to save the ministry by adjusting the attitudes and actions of some of those in administration.

PB

of course but alot the actions are disappointing on how they are handling things i don't know if i could do better. I know i enjoyed 3abn when linda was on and yes i have kept up with it all when i first notice linda wasn't on anymore. I do hope and pray that the Lord will fix this he is all powerful.

+Quote Post
SandyColorado
post Apr 4 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 599

I have to laugh about the book "Channels of Blessings." I guess it was in 2003 that I called 3ABN for something - and they said that they had the books "buy one get one free." I took them, kept one and sent one to my sister in Idaho. Interesting reading. Miracles and love all over the place. spoton.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:44 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church