Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13507&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:37:45 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What He Said! (db On Commandment #7), Doug B. on Adultery
Seraphim7
post May 9 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #61

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 9 2007, 04:29 AM) [snapback]194729[/snapback]

Danny and Doug have race issues? That's a first. It is my understanding that the reason that the little town of T'vill is not friendly about 3abn is because they have hired many african americans as well as hispanics. In a community where there is still a KKK that would make sense.

Is not the Shelton clan (family) from Tville? If so, then it would stand to reason that there may be some association, being from that community, with those who are, let us say less than accepting towards other ethnic groups.

Food for thought:

When a person, of any ethnic group, is working "for or with" someone that does not mean that they do not see that ethnic group as beneath them. Consider, how many "people of color", as you put it, are anything but employed, in one capacity or another, by the Sheltons? Just a thought... dunno.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 9 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]194810[/snapback]

Cindy,
There is no KKK chapter in T'ville. It is over in Benton. Bystander once charged the very same thing and HOTY set the record straight >>>HERE<<<<. There hasn't been a rally there since the '90s and most of the non-white 3abn employees live in other towns.

Duane further clarified the issue about T'ville feelings towards 3abn >>>HERE<<<.

Adding this to the other condescending things Danny has said at rallies held in black churches, one might begin to think that pehaps a course in proper race relations might be in order for some of the 3abn leadership.

PB, it looks like we posted within a min of each other.

blink.gif Yes, it seem they could benefit from some "cultural diversity training". But would it matter? I mean doesn't scripture mention "As a man thinketh in his heart" and also, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh? Anybody can "learn to say the right things" but it's what is in the heart that matters to God. scratchchin.gif Apparently these folks are missing that small detail. dunno.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: May 9 2007, 12:54 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 9 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #62

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Regarding Doug Batchelor's first marriage, when he did an evangelistic series at our church way back in the late 80s I recall him having two sons and a daughter. A few years after this series, I heard from a close friend that Doug's wife had chosen to be with another man, not in the spiritual adultery manner but in the real adultery manner, which gave Doug biblical grounds to remarry. I don't know who divorced who.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 9 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(seraph|m @ May 9 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]194811[/snapback]

Is not the Shelton clan (family) from Tville? If so, then it would stand to reason that there may be some association, being from that community, with those who are, let us say less than accepting towards other ethnic groups.

Food for thought:

When a person, of any ethnic group, is working "for or with" someone that does not mean that they do not see that ethnic group as beneath them. Consider, how many "people of color", as you put it, are anything but employed, in one capacity or another, by the Sheltons? Just a thought... dunno.gif

blink.gif Yes, it seem they could benefit from some "cultural diversity training". But would it matter? I mean doesn't scripture mention "As a man thinketh in his heart" and also, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh? Anybody can "learn to say the right things" but it's what is in the heart that matters to God. scratchchin.gif Apparently these folks are missing that small detail. dunno.gif

Sera,
I completely agree with you. That small detail, that change in the abundance of the heart needs to come from the right Teacher. If we don't see each other in the same way that Jesus sees each of us we will never truly be one. There will always be something that makes us feel superior or inferior to those around us. Does the Lord love any of us differently due to our color, our weight, our I.Q., our education, our social status, or our sins, etc.? Does He love you any less or more than He loves Danny or me or Aletheia? Does he love those in leadership more than those living in Thompsonville who some classify as racist? Nope, He died equally and completely for every person on Planet Earth.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post May 9 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #64

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 9 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]194815[/snapback]

Sera,
I completely agree with you. That small detail, that change in the abundance of the heart needs to come from the right Teacher. If we don't see each other in the same way that Jesus sees each of us we will never truly be one. There will always be something that makes us feel superior or inferior to those around us. Does the Lord love any of us differently due to our color, our weight, our I.Q., our education, our social status, or our sins, etc.? Does He love you any less or more than He loves Danny or me or Aletheia? Does he love those in leadership more than those living in Thompsonville who some classify as racist? Nope, He died equally and completely for every person on Planet Earth.

Amen spoton.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 9 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(maggiecttr @ May 8 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]194631[/snapback]

OK--I'm back. Nope, nothing about being on the phone with someone of the opposite sex UNLESS that was said during the 2.05 minutes that the feed was blacked out & nature photos/music was inserted by 3abn. (That "blackout" occurred immediately before the part I quoted/transcribed.)

Blessings,
maggie

ok, well that must have been another sermon within those two days. i wasn't sure but it might have been worked into the sabbath school lesson or a sermon they showed after the TCW. i do know that i heard him say that however i wan't paying that close attn. to the whole TCW. just had it on from time to time. none the less, he did say it. i am sure of that. just don't know exactly when.

Thanks maggie thankyou.gif

QUOTE(shinejoy @ May 8 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]194632[/snapback]

you lnow there must be some men that don't have self worth if they can't trust there wifes talking to the opposite sex good grief my husband works in a place where there is woman all over the place and i trust him he even has some friends which don't threaten are relationship abit i have men friends that i talk to which he trust me too. i think Danny doesn't trust himself so he can't trust Linda.

true in all cases where ppl are paranoid about cheating and their own strengths and weaknesses. these folks have control issues. lack of control and the need to control.
i've had friends of the opposite sex for decades. if i wanted them in that manner, i'd have married them. but i married the love of my life and i don't expect anything to change in that sitchiachun.

This post has been edited by mozart: May 9 2007, 04:08 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 9 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

The race issues go both ways folks. this way<---&---> this way. when i lived in northern NM, one thing seemed clear to me. the Mexicans don't like the Indians, and the Indians don't like the Mexicans and neither of them like the Caucasians. There's no point in discussing this in an accusatory fashion. let's either be constructive lest we insult one another and ourselves with our generalities.
I like this: QUOTE FROM pb

This post has been edited by mozart: May 9 2007, 04:53 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post May 9 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 3,195

i agree with you mozart how sad we have this kind of problem. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 9 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 9 2007, 09:42 AM) [snapback]194762[/snapback]

Or, to put it in the words of Mr. Pascoe, my uber-bigoted 9th grade ancient and medieval history teacher... " I have nothing against nigras; I think everybody should own a few..."

In His service,
Mr. J

Your post made me rally laugh because it brought to my mind the first time I ever heard the "N" word!

My mother was a saint, mind you. Years ago, I would ride the bus with her. It never mattered to her, but if the seats were full, she and I stood to allow others to sit! Mama always said, "You never know if that person is an angel or not. You must always treat them with respect.”

She was talking about “ALL” people. We gave our seats to Whites, Blacks, or Hispanics. It was what Jesus would do! I remember that to this day.

I was 14 before I ever heard the "N" word and someone called me that saying I was a "N" just like the other person was that I had served.

My first job was as a Soda Jerk. The neighborhood Pharmacist hired all of us at one time or another. My turn came. My first screw up was I did not know how to cook a hamburger! I thought that man would never stop screaming at me! (I was a Vegetarian)

Off I went, back to the counter and a really nice black boy came in for a strawberry soda. I asked him about the weather and made small talk while I got down the soda glass and started making the soda. When I finished it, I put the straw in, put the long spoon in the glass, put some napkins on the counter, and told him I hoped I had made it OK.

Armageddon hit! I thought my boss was going to kill that nice boy! Then I changed my mind; he was going to kill me for sure! After about 45 minutes of listening to him get angrier and angrier, he fired my, how can I say this, "posterior"!

I will tell my age over this, but I went home crying! I learned that "N's" had to drink out of different water fountains; That they were always served to go; that their lips were to never touch the stores dishes that served white people!

I have never to this day learned as much as I did that day. Well, I went back home and start by asking mama what a "N" was! Oh boy! Mama grabbed me by the ear and washed my mouth out with soap, and she told me I was to NEVER say that word ever again. I was to have respect and call them "colored folks"! roflmao.gif I never heard that before either! Boy was I confused! I finally explained to mama what happened. She fell on her knees right there with me and asked God and me to forgive her for punishing me before I told her everything.

The lessons my mama taught me were profound! I wish I had never learned what the local pharmacist taught me that day. However, Mama beat him to the draw. She taught me from an earlier age that God is no respecter of persons. Every human is a child of God's and we should treat them as such.

Am I prejudiced? Yes, yes.gif I “do not” trust men who have never had a mustache or a beard, but all of the sudden starts growing one, but after a few months cuts it off. Ask me! They are hiding something behind that facial hair! yes.gif I am not talking about Danny or Doug. They have had mustaches for years, but look out if it is new! scratchchin.gif "You just mark my words," my mama would say!
roflmao.gif dunno.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 10 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #69

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Fran,
The only thing about your beautiful testimony that I would question is why on earth your mama would send you out into the world during that awful time without a few words of preparation. Surely she knew you would come into contact with those small minded folks who would never serve a strawberry soda to a person of color.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 10 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #70

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 10 2007, 01:28 AM) [snapback]194872[/snapback]

Fran,
The only thing about your beautiful testimony that I would question is why on earth your mama would send you out into the world during that awful time without a few words of preparation. Surely she knew you would come into contact with those small minded folks who would never serve a strawberry soda to a person of color.

My mama never met a small minded person. I am serious! She never had to prepare me. I went to a SDA church school. There were no people of any color but light brown or peach color. It was never mentioned in Sabbath School or church. We never traveled.

I lived in lots of Adventist foster homes. I learned enough from them to last a lifetime. I just never learned anything about different colors of people that were any different from me. I noticed it yes, but I saw them through mama’s eyes! My mama only saw good in everyone, even that pharmacist! She put him on her prayer list and she went and prayed with him! That is what mama taught me. Many years later, I found out he was 100% German. This is another stero type.

It was other Adventist's that gave me the education I did not need! If I felt mama was slighted in some way, she never saw it that way. She would say, “They need our prayers and I already forgave them. That is what Jesus does.”

I cannot say this acorn fell from that tree! I forgive, but it takes me time! With mama, there was no time from hurt to forgiveness. If there was, she never spoke it.

This woman come home, caught her husband in bed with two women, only to walk into the bedroom at the opportune time. My dad pulled a gun and shot the gun until it was empty. Not one shot hit her. My Dad was drunk. However, I believe God protected her.

The church "Rescued" her and all seven of her children. She had to do ironing to put food on the table for 8. I will say again. My mother was a saint. We never heard on evil word about our father. She forgave him way back then. She prayed for him.

He never came around or gave mama child support. Mama never complained one time. My father had a stroke at age 89. I asked her if she wanted to go see him and she did. Now this is my mom!

There was pumpkin pie on his tray that Thanksgiving Day. He was on a feeding tube but the nurse said if we diluted the filling with milk and made it liquid he could sip it out of a spoon or straw. My mama asked him if he would like for her to fix him some pie. He blinked twice for yes. She mixed it in milk and made it thin, stuck the straw into the mixture put her finger over the top of the straw and fed him that pumpkin milk!

Before she left, she asked him if she could pray for him. He blinked yes. She told him she had long since forgiven him for any of his actions and for him to be at peace, She prayed the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard right there for a man she had not seen in over 30 years.

Another thing I remember as a child was when a homeless man knocked on the door and said he was hungry. Our diet consisted of a bowl of beans and each of us had a pickle. There was only enough for 8 bowls of beans, but maama came in and took down another bowl. She told us the story of Jesus feeding the 4000 and the 5000 while everyone contributed 3 spoons full of beans into that bowl. Them we sliced our pickles into 9 pieces. Everyone gave 1 slice for this man. Then everyone had 8 slices of pickle.

She delivered the food to the gentleman and prayed for our food and she thanked God for sending this man and providing for his needs and providing for our needs. We all went to bed full! Many other nights we were not full.

My mother was the best example of Jesus I have ever known. There were no mean people, only bad responses. She says it is all in the attitude. She taught us to try to have the attitude of Jesus. I learned her lessons, but I fall far short of living up to her life or Jesus' life.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post May 10 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #71

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Fran @ May 10 2007, 03:29 AM) [snapback]194881[/snapback]

My mama never met a small minded person. I am serious! She never had to prepare me. I went to a SDA church school. There were no people of any color but light brown or peach color. It was never mentioned in Sabbath School or church. We never traveled.

I lived in lots of Adventist foster homes. I learned enough from them to last a lifetime. I just never learned anything about different colors of people that were any different from me. I noticed it yes, but I saw them through mama’s eyes! My mama only saw good in everyone, even that pharmacist! She put him on her prayer list and she went and prayed with him! That is what mama taught me. Many years later, I found out he was 100% German. This is another stero type.

It was other Adventist's that gave me the education I did not need! If I felt mama was slighted in some way, she never saw it that way. She would say, “They need our prayers and I already forgave them. That is what Jesus does.”

I cannot say this acorn fell from that tree! I forgive, but it takes me time! With mama, there was no time from hurt to forgiveness. If there was, she never spoke it.

This woman come home, caught her husband in bed with two women, only to walk into the bedroom at the opportune time. My dad pulled a gun and shot the gun until it was empty. Not one shot hit her. My Dad was drunk. However, I believe God protected her.

The church "Rescued" her and all seven of her children. She had to do ironing to put food on the table for 8. I will say again. My mother was a saint. We never heard on evil word about our father. She forgave him way back then. She prayed for him.

He never came around or gave mama child support. Mama never complained one time. My father had a stroke at age 89. I asked her if she wanted to go see him and she did. Now this is my mom!

There was pumpkin pie on his tray that Thanksgiving Day. He was on a feeding tube but the nurse said if we diluted the filling with milk and made it liquid he could sip it out of a spoon or straw. My mama asked him if he would like for her to fix him some pie. He blinked twice for yes. She mixed it in milk and made it thin, stuck the straw into the mixture put her finger over the top of the straw and fed him that pumpkin milk!

Before she left, she asked him if she could pray for him. He blinked yes. She told him she had long since forgiven him for any of his actions and for him to be at peace, She prayed the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard right there for a man she had not seen in over 30 years.

Another thing I remember as a child was when a homeless man knocked on the door and said he was hungry. Our diet consisted of a bowl of beans and each of us had a pickle. There was only enough for 8 bowls of beans, but maama came in and took down another bowl. She told us the story of Jesus feeding the 4000 and the 5000 while everyone contributed 3 spoons full of beans into that bowl. Them we sliced our pickles into 9 pieces. Everyone gave 1 slice for this man. Then everyone had 8 slices of pickle.

She delivered the food to the gentleman and prayed for our food and she thanked God for sending this man and providing for his needs and providing for our needs. We all went to bed full! Many other nights we were not full.

My mother was the best example of Jesus I have ever known. There were no mean people, only bad responses. She says it is all in the attitude. She taught us to try to have the attitude of Jesus. I learned her lessons, but I fall far short of living up to her life or Jesus' life.

Fran,

It is putting it mildly to say we disagree on much in this forum, but here in this post we are in total agreement. You have been tremendously blessed. I too have a very special Mama, one who became also my sister in the lord and one of my dearest friends as I grew older.

Your story and testimony touched me, and brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing about your Mama.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies....Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed... Prov 31

Blessings

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post May 10 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 10 2007, 09:27 AM) [snapback]194890[/snapback]

Fran,

It is putting it mildly to say we disagree on much in this forum, but here in this post we are in total agreement. You have been tremendously blessed. I too have a very special Mama, one who became also my sister in the lord and one of my dearest friends as I grew older.

Your story and testimony touched me, and brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing about your Mama.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies....Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed... Prov 31
Blessings

Fran, I agree with Aletheia that your story touched me today and thank you for sharing it.

Cindy, I know that although many of us here disagree vehemently and often I think we have more in common with each other than we usually remember.

Since we are off topic at the moment and because I think women supporting each other is something we forget about way too often (and the very reason I found BSDA when i heard about a woman I did not even know and the scenario raised many red flags for me), I want to share something a friend that was recently diagnosed with breast cancer sent me today:

To my sisters in the Lord...
> There comes a time in every woman's life when she has to take a close look at herself. Not at her circumstance, not at what she did, not how unfair life is, or at who made you do it. She has to just look at herself.
> Have you ever admired a woman who has been through changes in her life? Or have you made up in your mind that she is just messed up. Before you make this mistake, take a closer look. A woman who has endured the most unusual life is someone of wisdom, someone who has been chosen by God to go through things that have made her stronger.
> Think of all the great women in the Bible: Mary Magdalene, Ruth and Naomi, the woman with an issue of blood, and Esther, to name a few. Mary was a very uneasy woman. But by the time Jesus was done with her, she was His closest follower. Esther was unfortunate in marrying an abusive man, but by the time God was done with her, she had married one of the wealthiest men in the land!
> Women are so quick to beat the next one down instead of trying to hold her up. Before you wonder, "What's up with her?" ask yourself, "What's up with me?" That woman could be my mother, sister, aunt, in-law, stepmother, niece, grandmother, great-grandmother, neighbor, friend, or co-worker, etc. That woman could be ME.
>
> Women are the carriers of life, not the channels of death. Let's build and encourage each other, as did Ruth and Naomi.

> Encourage and love, forgive and forget, and trust that the woman that receives this will be touched in some way!

Thanks for letting me share my 2 cents today.....

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: May 10 2007, 05:54 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post May 10 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,452

Fran,
I logged in just to say how blessed you were to have a great mother. She was a great example of how a Christian should be. I don't normally post in this part of BSDA, but I was blessed by what you posted about your mother and was reminded that "our attitude determines our altitude".

+Quote Post
calvin
post May 10 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #74

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Aletheia @ May 9 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]194729[/snapback]

Danny and Doug have race issues? That's a first. It is my understanding that the reason that the little town of T'vill is not friendly about 3abn is because they have hired many african americans as well as hispanics. In a community where there is still a KKK that would make sense.
Let's see, a man of color is head of production, a man of color is the pastor of the T'ville Church, several women of color have worked and do work there (I have seen one on an interview), the Aikens do programming, T Marshall preaches, Wintley Phipps sings, preaches, has done interviews and sits on the board, there are lots of singers of color, Mrs. Lomacang works in the radio department....And all of this in a town that doesn't have one african american resident except for those who are employed at 3abn. mmm...I am failing to see a race issue.
So if Doug wanted to move his church or AF where black people were non existent ( your allegation) then all he would have to do is move to T'ville.

I agree Cindy, you are stating the oblivious with your examples. Don't know why folks are giving you the 3rd degree over this. I don't dismiss everything you say as spin, there is enough of that on both sides. Are they watching the same 3abn that I am watching? He also does road shows in Black churches. He does not have to do any of this, Black folks are not his primary financial supports.

My brother Curtis Eakins and I have only had one brief conversation about this whole 3abn ordeal. It is just not a subject of priority to us, we have more things of interest to talk about. Curtis did mention without me asking that Danny does not see color or maybe better term was does not consider color in personal decisions. So i have my first hand information from somebody I have know all by life, a man that I trust, a person of intregity and someone I respect, and close enough to 3abn that would know. Not to mention the evidence that I can see with my own eyes.

+Quote Post
Eirene
post May 11 2007, 12:01 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(seraph|m @ May 9 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]194811[/snapback]

Food for thought:

No Sera, the Sheltons are not from Tville but from the same county. The fact that t'ville doesn't have a chapter of kkk is a moot point because the whole county is geared that way. There are chapters in the county but they certainly don't publicize it in any way. If, as you suggest, the Shelton's looked upon people of color the way most of the county does, they would have never employed them in the first place much less put them in leadership positions. Then there is the fact that they all socialize away from the work place quite often.
You need to read the first hand information that Calvin gave. He is correct.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:37 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church