Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13617&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:10:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linda's Schedule
Noahswife
post May 22 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

I had heard that Linda Shelton would be at the Ohio Conference Campmeeting in June. I looked and there was no mention on their website or in their pdf document regarding the campmeeting schedule. There was no mention on Linda's website either.

I just checked with the conference office and Linda will in fact be there on Sabbath afternoon, June 16 at 4 PM. I thanked them for inviting her and asked if there was anything I could do to help get the word out. Basically I was told to just show up and be supportive. Unfortunately, I am hoping to be out of town that weekend but wanted to let others know in my region.

Does anyone else know of events she is scheduled to attend over the summer or next few months?

nw
C"i"

BTW......if someone knows her webmaster please ask if there is a reason this is not up on her website yet as this is not that off.

This post has been edited by Noahswife: May 22 2007, 02:23 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 22 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 22 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]196402[/snapback]

I had heard that Linda Shelton would be at the Ohio Conference Campmeeting in June. I looked and there was no mention on their website or in their pdf document regarding the campmeeting schedule. There was no mention on Linda's website either.

I just checked with the conference office and Linda will in fact be there on Sabbath afternoon, June 16 at 4 PM. I thanked them for inviting her and asked if there was anything I could do to help get the word out. Basically I was told to just show up and be supportive. Unfortunately, I am hoping to be out of town that weekend but wanted to let others know in my region.

Does anyone else know of events she is scheduled to attend over the summer or next few months?

nw
C"i"

BTW......if someone knows her webmaster please ask if there is a reason this is not up on her website yet as this is not that off.

You can scratch off Upper Columbia Conference campmeeting. She can't be at two places at the same time. mad.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 2 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

Hi Jim

On another subject, is there a NCC policy about Linda Shelton appearing in any of our conference churches? She is coming to visit a local friend of mine, and ***** told me that our Pastor will not allow her to speak at our church. I am aware that Danny has spoken in several of our conference churches so I am just curious if there is just a general rule or policy preventing Linda from doing so as well.

Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 7:27 AM
Subject: Re: AF/3ABN merger

Hello, there is not a general NCC policy about this. Rather, it is usually a local matter. However, given the nature of some of the issues on both sides, I would be cautious to invite either of them to appear in any of our churches at this time.

I hope you have a good Sabbath.
Jim Pedersen

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 2 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

[quote name='Noahswife' date='Jun 2 2007, 09:10 AM' post='197946']
Hi Jim

On another subject, is there a NCC policy about Linda Shelton appearing in any of our conference churches? She is coming to visit a local friend of mine, and ***** told me that our Pastor will not allow her to speak at our church. I am aware that Danny has spoken in several of our conference churches so I am just curious if there is just a general rule or policy preventing Linda from doing so as well.

Hello, there is not a general NCC policy about this. Rather, it is usually a local matter. However, given the nature of some of the issues on both sides, I would be cautious to invite either of them to appear in any of our churches at this time.

Jim Pedersen

Is there then some kind of unspoken policy that DS would be better off not speaking in SDA churches? Is this something new?

The president of the Central California Conference and his wife were having a lovely time with Shelly Quinn and husband the other evening.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 2 2007, 12:06 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 2 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Re: The above interchanges

I think that the NAD/NCC/etc.,etc. need to avail themselves of the services of a top-notch PR company!

What do youall think?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 2 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

if she can't speak, he shouldn't be allowed to speak.... oh that's right... there is a double standard.... whatever DS says is the truth and whatever LS says must be untrue because DS would never lie....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 2 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 2 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]197955[/snapback]

if she can't speak, he shouldn't be allowed to speak.... oh that's right... there is a double standard.... whatever DS says is the truth and whatever LS says must be untrue because DS would never lie....

I started a post earlier to this whole non-consistent issue. Trashed it, trying again.
DS can speak (for the most part) at just about any sda church (right now) and this is with supported testimony and proof against him and things he has done. However, Linda can not (for the most part) simply because of ds spreading false lies that can not be proven or supported with evidence. Explain this nonsense to me? How is it that people are so gullable? How is it that ds knows he can capitalize on this gullable-ness? What a sad state sda's are really in if it's just this easy to be hood-winked. Oh, and give money to the man at the same time...sheeesh!

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Voktar of Zargon
post Jun 2 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,188

Jim Pedersen

Doesn't any one see this as a positive statement? Yeh, the Northern California Conference president wouldn't invite Linda to minister(Ohio is, and I plan to be there). But neither will the chairman of Amazing Facts board invite Danny to speak as of today!

As of last Thursday he said:

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 7:27 PM

Hello, as of today the proposed merger is still proceeding with the investigative stage of the discussions. Nothing is currently on hold.

Best wishes,
Jim Pedersen

Yet I just read the June issue of 3ABN World June Issue which reads on page six:

"God is abundantly confirming His providential leading of the network into greater global evangelism. The same-day announcement of the upcoming union of Three Angels Broadcasting Network and Amazing Facts - unanimously supported by both boards of directors - along with the signed contract for 3ABN carriage on DISH Network,..."

How is it that the merger can be "unanimously supported by both boards of directors" when the, "proposed merger is still proceeding with the investigative stage..." and the chairman of Amazing Facts board (Jim Pederson) would be cautious to invite Danny Shelton to speak in any of his conference churches at this time!

I think there is a serious contradiction of statements here. Who do you think is twisting the truth?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 2 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Voktar of Zargon @ Jun 2 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]198008[/snapback]

Jim Pedersen

Doesn't any one see this as a positive statement? Yeh, the Northern California Conference president wouldn't invite Linda to minister(Ohio is, and I plan to be there). But neither will the chairman of Amazing Facts board invite Danny to speak as of today!

As of last Thursday he said:

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 7:27 PM

Hello, as of today the proposed merger is still proceeding with the investigative stage of the discussions. Nothing is currently on hold.

Best wishes,
Jim Pedersen

Yet I just read the June issue of 3ABN World June Issue which reads on page six:

"God is abundantly confirming His providential leading of the network into greater global evangelism. The same-day announcement of the upcoming union of Three Angels Broadcasting Network and Amazing Facts - unanimously supported by both boards of directors - along with the signed contract for 3ABN carriage on DISH Network,..."

How is it that the merger can be "unanimously supported by both boards of directors" when the, "proposed merger is still proceeding with the investigative stage..." and the chairman of Amazing Facts board (Jim Pederson) would be cautious to invite Danny Shelton to speak in any of his conference churches at this time!

I think there is a serious contradiction of statements here. Who do you think is twisting the truth?

Yep - and this time, everyone gets to see just how it works...before, no one new enough to see it when it was happening...hmmm. doh.gif uhm.gif scratchchin.gif no.gif
bad, very bad. Egg on face here - got some ketchup?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 2 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 2 2007, 09:09 PM) [snapback]198019[/snapback]

Yep - and this time, everyone gets to see just how it works...before, no one new enough to see it when it was happening...hmmm. doh.gif uhm.gif scratchchin.gif no.gif
bad, very bad. Egg on face here - got some ketchup?

Yep, for everyone to see including (I hope) the AF board members.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Jun 2 2007, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 2 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 2 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]198023[/snapback]

Yep, for everyone to see including (I hope) the AF board members.

I think it was no accident that some here at bsda started communicating with the prez of N.CA Conference when they did....I know a few things happening behind the scenes, and from what I see, the timing of these emails in particular could not have been planned by men (or women giggle.gif ). My opinion is that all things are working together, as they should be, and I believe it is the hand of God. JMO and I'm stickin' to it. yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 2 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 2 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]198027[/snapback]

I think it was no accident that some here at bsda started communicating with the prez of N.CA Conference when they did....I know a few things happening behind the scenes, and from what I see, the timing of these emails in particular could not have been planned by men (or women giggle.gif ). My opinion is that all things are working together, as they should be, and I believe it is the hand of God. JMO and I'm stickin' to it. yes.gif

Would anyone know how to email, Jim Pederson on the AF board? If the AF 3abn a done deal, AF should count to ten!

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 2 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #13

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 2 2007, 08:37 PM) [snapback]198036[/snapback]

Would anyone know how to email, Jim Pederson on the AF board? If the AF 3abn a done deal, AF should count to ten!

Generally, you can get email address for conference officials off conference websites. Or at least call and ask if it's not stated on the websites.

You can probably get the address for the board members too. Just ask!
It's always worth the time, even if it seems hopeless at times!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 3 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 2 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]197952[/snapback]

Re: The above interchanges

I think that the NAD/NCC/etc.,etc. need to avail themselves of the services of a top-notch PR company!

What do youall think?

YEAH! What she said!! A good PR company!! SEE MO?? I'm not the only one who thinks that!! (just teasing...!!)

welcome.gif Artiste!!!

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Jun 3 2007, 11:41 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 4 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Thank you! smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:10 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church