Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13630&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:58 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Back On Skyangel/dish Network, up and running on Ch. 9710
Rosyroi
post May 26 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,536

welcome(1).gif t999 to BlackSDA forum. Hoping to hear your thoughts soon. Have a wonderful Sabbath.

Rosyroi smile.gif

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
post May 26 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

I guess I spoke too soon! Tonight I was watching and the makeup is back on. Tammy still had a clean face though.

The music was good. Tammy sang her husbands favorite song. It was about an old man that was longing for home. It was a touching song. It made me homesick for heaven. It was a moving song.

Jennifer sang "I bowed on my knees and cried Holy." One of my old time favorites. When I first heard the song, I decided I had to have that song! I looked for it in every hymnal I could find. I searched for years and never let it leave my mind.

Years later, one Sabbath, we were listening to an Adventist station on the radio. Someone sang that song. Over 29 years had passed. I grabbed the phone and called them to find out the proper name. I had been looking for "I want to see Jesus!" That was my hearts desire so many years ago and still desires today, after so many years.

Jennifer sang it so well! Thank you Jennifer!

The other ladies name could be Patty/i La Forge. I am not sure of the correct name or spelling, but when she and a gentleman sang "I've Just Seen Jesus, I Tell You He's Alive" new hope filled my heart. Sometimes life gets in the way and I forget that Jesus IS alive!

John Lomacang came out to sing after that, and I felt sorry for him. That song was such a sermon! Years ago John Lomacang sang with a young lady and they sang "He's more Wonderful" and it was and is a powerful song. Another couple of the Heritage Singers also sang that song. It is a very powerful song.

I have pictures of John with the Heritage Singers from way back when! They came to town, and by default, we were forced to go for the kids! My oldest daughter was in "Love" with him! They even have autographs by him and Becky Trueblood. I have been to many concerts! We have lived everywhere and have had many occasions to hear and see them sing.

Once we went to a Spanish gathering in New Jersey. We heard them sing and then we heard a Spanish sermon about Samson. There was a translator for all us that were English speaking, but Spanish challenged! The preacher was speaking very frankly and the translator couldn't say what the fellow said. He was very embarrassed. The speaker stopped and asked why he was so tongue tied and said what he had said in English. Laughter rang out all over! It was a sexual comment. +It was so funny! I am not sure if John was there or not. Will have to look at my pics.

I did receive an spiritual blessing from many today, but I have to say, the change is probably not long lasting. Did the make up go off for the conservative believers to have a revived new heart in their wallets for 3ABN? I do hope I am wrong.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 26 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Fran @ May 26 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]196952[/snapback]

How long has Mollie worked for 3ABN? If i am not mistaken, mollie has been there practically since the beginning. i think she was danny's first and only secretary until linda was forced to leave, then mollie got "a promotion".
she was not an adventist, she was pentecostal. her husband hal was a pentacostal pastor.

She said she became a Seventh-day Adventist only in 1999.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
steffan
post May 26 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(summertime @ May 26 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]196944[/snapback]

From the beginning, when Sky Angel first dropped eABN, I seem to remember that Sky Angel had said that 3ABN might be granted space for 'special events'. Is Spring Campmeeting a special event? Will 3ABN stay on 9710 after Campmeeting or will that spot be saved for other people's special events? I am waiting to see what happens in the future. How can we get confirmation from Sky Angel for the future of 3ABN being regularly on 9710?

3abn is back on, on a regular basis. Danny has announced it several times that they are on 9710 and dish network now. Dish will be a huge new audience.

No mollie hasn't been there from the beginning. She has been there between 10 and 12 years. Also her promotion had nothing to do with Linda leaving. Linda was vice president not General Manager as mollie is.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 26 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

ok steffan, so who was GM when Linda was there and what did they get promoted to when she left?
QUOTE(steffan @ May 26 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]197010[/snapback]

3abn is back on, on a regular basis. Danny has announced it several times that they are on 9710 and dish network now. Dish will be a huge new audience.
No mollie hasn't been there from the beginning. She has been there between 10 and 12 years. Also her promotion had nothing to do with Linda leaving. Linda was vice president not General Manager as mollie is.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 27 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(steffan @ May 26 2007, 11:28 PM) [snapback]197010[/snapback]

Steffan, if you are right and they are on for good,and if the 'merger' between Amazing Facts and 3ABN comes to fruition, then I pray that the combination will mean the saving of many souls for Christ. How I feel about Danny (and others) admitting their wrongs and quit hiding behind a veil of sin has not changed, but the realization that many souls can be saved for Christ is far more important---Let Danny (and others) pay for their deceit and lying in God's time. Maybe our prayers should be that Danny and others will admit and look for forgiveness, and all of us can find our way to heaven. As for me and my house, I only want the best for Jesus. And if that means the restoration of 3ABN on Sky Angel permanently then I pray that it is true.

PS. I will still be watching the Hope Channel and Safe TV for blessings from God.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 27 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

I totally agree and would like to add that in "my ideal Christian" world.............
ALL representatives who work at 3ABN and have maligned others should make amends with those dear souls, on the "airwaves". This includes DB since he was involved in the "love fest" on the live program where they all said how much they loved and supported one another "and always will". Is their love so conditional that it does not include linda, barbara, darrel, johann, GJ and BP?
In any situation there is wrongdoing on both sides, but the ones who put it out there on a worldwide Christian television network are the ones who should make arrangements for amends and restoration, "on air", on that network!! that would be the best thing they could do. Having an "on air" apology and forgiveness program would be the most amazing example of Christianity 3ABN has ever expressed. They don't have to get into any details or diatribes or mushy, teary hug fests. They just need to sincerely admit, "I was wrong in the way I treated you and in the conclusions I jumped to. I made a lot of mistakes and handled things badly and I apologise and ask your forgiveness." Then the other person, in turn, should say the same things. That would only take 5 or 10 min. It would please God which is invaluable and it would be do more for healing 3ABN and all of us than anything else they could do.
It would also be 1000 times better PR than all the money in the world can buy. Known sin has to be repented of. There is no way around that. If pride stands in their way, they will regret it.
Housecleaning would still need to be done, but restorations and apologies should come first.
The hearts and souls of people are much more valuable than the financial problems even tho' those need to be dealt with. Both sides need to remember they are representatives of Christ!!!!
Can any of them step up to that high of a standard?
Maybe I'm a fool for Christ, but I have hope and love for my brethren and I hate all of this.
I want to love and trust again.
I want to see Linda back on the porch and Barbara back in the kitchen.
Cynics will say "Dream On" and I will.

QUOTE(summertime @ May 27 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]197035[/snapback]

Steffan, if you are right and they are on for good,and if the 'merger' between Amazing Facts and 3ABN comes to fruition, then I pray that the combination will mean the saving of many souls for Christ. How I feel about Danny (and others) admitting their wrongs and quit hiding behind a veil of sin has not changed, but the realization that many souls can be saved for Christ is far more important---Let Danny (and others) pay for their deceit and lying in God's time. Maybe our prayers should be that Danny and others will admit and look for forgiveness, and all of us can find our way to heaven. As for me and my house, I only want the best for Jesus. And if that means the restoration of 3ABN on Sky Angel permanently then I pray that it is true.

This post has been edited by mozart: May 27 2007, 01:13 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 27 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(mozart @ May 27 2007, 02:03 PM) [snapback]197057[/snapback]

I totally agree and would like to add that in "my ideal Christian" world.............
ALL representatives who work at 3ABN and have maligned others should make amends with those dear souls, on the "airwaves". This includes DB since he was involved in the "love fest" on the live program where they all said how much they loved and supported one another "and always will". Is their love so conditional that it does not include linda, barbara, darrel, johann, GJ and BP?
In any situation there is wrongdoing on both sides, but the ones who put it out there on a worldwide Christian television network are the ones who should make arrangements for amends and restoration, "on air", on that network!! that would be the best thing they could do. Having an "on air" apology and forgiveness program would be the most amazing example of Christianity 3ABN has ever expressed. They don't have to get into any details or diatribes or mushy, teary hug fests. They just need to sincerely admit, "I was wrong in the way I treated you and in the conclusions I jumped to. I made a lot of mistakes and handled things badly and I apologise and ask your forgiveness." Then the other person, in turn, should say the same things. That would only take 5 or 10 min. It would please God which is invaluable and it would be do more for healing 3ABN and all of us than anything else they could do.
It would also be 1000 times better PR than all the money in the world can buy. Known sin has to be repented of. There is no way around that. If pride stands in their way, they will regret it.
Housecleaning would still need to be done, but restorations and apologies should come first.
The hearts and souls of people are much more valuable than the financial problems even tho' those need to be dealt with. Both sides need to remember they are representatives of Christ!!!!
Can any of them step up to that high of a standard?
Maybe I'm a fool for Christ, but I have hope and love for my brethren and I hate all of this.
I want to love and trust again.
I want to see Linda back on the porch and Barbara back in the kitchen.
Cynics will say "Dream On" and I will.

Mozart, I agree with you 100 percent. However, until that time comes, this panel should stand firm for recognizing the wrongs that have never been made right. But until then, I will pray for the work to go forward. However that may be--- even though my choice is never to watch anything that is produced at or by 3ABN, if it is the Lord's will that it be back on Sky Angel, then I hope that the name and face of Christ will be visible to those who do watch it. Danny's life does not portray the life of a Christian but if those who do watch can look past that and learn the truth from the honest people who do speak on 3ABN,--then I think that God's name can still be honored. 'summertime'

+Quote Post
FineArt
post May 27 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,517

---We so very often get in the way of God. Man has his own ways and inspired council is laid aside,
I wanted to post the " 5 minute miracle" but didn't want to take it out of context...the following is so true, I need my heart softened. I need to remember this quote , over and over again....so many times. smile.gif Patience is not my long suit.

Supplement to the Christian Experience and Views - of Ellen G. White------PG- 39,40

I saw that the remnant were not prepared for what is coming upon the earth. Stupidity, like the lethargy, seemed to hang upon the minds of most of those who profess to believe that we are having the last message. My accompanying angel cried out with awful solemnity, "Get ready! get ready! get ready! for the fierce anger of the Lord is soon to come. His wrath is to be poured out unmixed with mercy, and ye are not ready. Rend the heart, and not the garment. A great work must be done for the remnant. They are, many of them, dwelling upon little trials." Said the angel, "Legions of evil angels are around you, and are trying to press in their awful darkness, that ye may be ensnared and taken. Ye suffer your mind to be diverted too readily from the work of preparation, and the all-important truths for these last days. And ye dwell upon little trials, and go into minute particulars of little difficulties to explain them to the satisfaction of this one or that." Conversation has been protracted for hours between the parties concerned, and not only has their time been wasted, but the servants of God are held to listen to them, when the hearts of both parties are unsubdued by grace. If pride and selfishness were laid aside, five minutes would remove most difficulties. Hours have been spent in justifying self, which has grieved angels, and displeased God. I saw that God will not wait and bow down and listen to long justifications, and he did not want his servants to do so, and precious time be wasted, that should be spent in showing transgressors the error of their ways, and pulling souls out of the fire.

--------------------

God's blessings to you all

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His Commandments for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good or whether it be evil" Ecc. 12: 13,14

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jul 30 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

I had an interesting conversation with my mother today. My parents have the original dish sold by 3abn with the "lifetime" subscription. She talked to sky angel a couple weeks ago to provide them with some updated information. She was told that the sky angel satellite will no longer be providing any programing in about two months and that all future programing will be provided via the internet. She was advised that her "subscription" had only been for the life of the satellite which apparently is now considered old and the cost of purchasing another is prohibitive.

Has anyone else heard this? Has 3abn discussed it in any of their programing?

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jul 31 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jul 30 2007, 06:48 PM) *
I had an interesting conversation with my mother today. My parents have the original dish sold by 3abn with the "lifetime" subscription. She talked to sky angel a couple weeks ago to provide them with some updated information. She was told that the sky angel satellite will no longer be providing any programing in about two months and that all future programing will be provided via the internet. She was advised that her "subscription" had only been for the life of the satellite which apparently is now considered old and the cost of purchasing another is prohibitive.

Yes, I have heard Skyangel is moving to IPTV. 3ABN's MOTV is IPTV. And as Danny has explained, Skyangel dropping 3ABN allowed 3ABN out of their contract with Skyangel and allowed 3ABN to get on Dish Network which they anticipate will bring them a larger viewership. And since Skyangel is going to IPTV, 3ABN can do that too without going through Skyangel.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 31 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(steffan @ May 27 2007, 12:28 AM) *
3abn is back on, on a regular basis. Danny has announced it several times that they are on 9710 and dish network now. Dish will be a huge new audience. No mollie hasn't been there from the beginning. She has been there between 10 and 12 years. Also her promotion had nothing to do with Linda leaving. Linda was vice president not General Manager as mollie is.

Mollie became a board member as well, whereas Linda was deposed from the board.

The "Dish Network" dishes I see installed on rooftops seem to be pointing at Echostar satelllites at either 110 or 119 degrees; Isn't that where the vast majority of the Dish Network channels come from?

To get 3ABN, homeowners would need to point those dishes at the Echostar satellites at either 129 or 61.5 degrees for 3ABN, since 3ABN is on those side satellites. They might also need to request the public interest channels, if they're not seeing them displayed on the menu.

How many Dish subscribers are going to climb up on a roof and install a second satellite dish at 61.5?

Will it be a "huge new audience" climbing up on ladders to re-point their dishes from the main Echostar satellite to a side satellite? Or, will they buy a second dish and have it installed along with the main dish?

In the world of broadcasting, this 61.5 satellite is a mole hill rather than a mountain, and it always has been.

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jul 31 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(steffan @ May 26 2007, 11:28 PM) *

Steffan, good to see you. By the way, I think you are mistaken about Mollie. She has been there since the beginning. If my math is correct, "between 10 and 12 years," that would mean that Mollie started back around 1995 to 1997, right? Well, I have this video tape that Danny and Kenny put out nearly 20 years ago being made around 1988, called, "The New Holy Ground." Gues what? Mollie and her husband, Hal are one that tape being involved with 3ABN. Just to let you know. Again, good to see you, smile.gif
PS. on the tape showed how Danny was saying how they are totally SDA's promoting the 27 Beliefs of Adventism, he promoting the "Undiluted Three Angel's Message.” Also, on the tape Danny is pictured as "Moses" and Kenny as "Aaron." Isn't that grand? smile.gif

This post has been edited by mikell: Jul 31 2007, 10:51 AM

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jul 31 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(mikell @ Jul 31 2007, 11:43 AM) *
Steffan, good to see you. By the way, I think you are mistaken about Mollie. She has been there since the beginning. If my math is correct, "between 10 and 12 years," that would mean that Mollie started back around 1995 to 1997, right? Well, I have this video tape that Danny and Kenny put out nearly 20 years ago being made around 1988, called, "The New Holy Ground." Gues what? Mollie and her husband, Hal are one that tape being involved with 3ABN. Just to let you know. Again, good to see you, smile.gif
PS. on the tape showed how Danny was saying how they are totally SDA's promoting the 27 Beliefs of Adventism, he promoting the "Undiluted Three Angel's Message.” Also, on the tape Danny is pictured as "Moses" and Kenny as "Aaron." Isn't that grand? smile.gif

Mikell, perhaps it would be helpful if Gailon and Bob had a copyof that tape.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 31 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jul 30 2007, 07:48 PM) *

A 3ABN insider has been indicating that something like this was in the works.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church