Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13765&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:32:08 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The General Conference Of Seventh-day Adventists:, A PR Plan to Avert Disaster (re: 3ABN)
mikell
post Jun 8 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,546

Pete, that was GOOD! thumbsup.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 8 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 8 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]198957[/snapback]

Dateline: Brindisi, Italy
Date: 64 AD

Personally, we think Nero plays the violin beautifully, and we need to go about our business of filling the world with inspiring music rather than spreading ugly rumors about smoke and fire.

General Conference Fire Inspectors
12501 Appian Way
Brindisi, Italy

P.S. We have temporarily suspended our visits to Rome due to ongoing administrative issues there. This policy applies to General Conference personnel.

roflmao.gif

you are so you! i love it! rofl1.gif perfect as always!! clapping.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
steffan
post Jun 9 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 8 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]198946[/snapback]

Steffan,
Thank you for posting this email. I have a few questions about it:

1. Is this the complete email from Pres. Schneider or has it been edited?
2. Did he send it to you personally?
3. Did he see the email from Denis Hankinson that was posted by sonshineonme?

PB, you have know basis for which to accuse me of editing emails or anything else. If editing emails is a problem with you I am sure then, you don't believe anything on Joy's site since that is habitually done. I, however, have not done in anything like that and take offense at your insinuations.
The emails from Pres Schneider was not touched. The same email was sent to me and another person I know that also inquired about the status of the GC and the 3abn.
Of course he didn't "see" the email from sson as he doesn't read internet gossip but, it was sent to him along with the inquiries.
As far as the communications director what I posted of his email was taken directly off of this site and I believe was posted by Observer. I didn't post it in it's entirety since Observer already had done so.
Di answered my post by saying you were all aware the status with 3abn had not changed as these emails plainly explain, so why are you trying to act like I am being deceitful and making things up? You and Di are, afterall, on the same side so maybe you should examine her post with the same scrutiny you examined mine.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 9 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 9 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]199096[/snapback]

PB, you have know basis for which to accuse me of editing emails or anything else. If editing emails is a problem with you I am sure then, you don't believe anything on Joy's site since that is habitually done. I, however, have not done in anything like that and take offense at your insinuations.
The emails from Pres Schneider was not touched. The same email was sent to me and another person I know that also inquired about the status of the GC and the 3abn.
Of course he didn't "see" the email from sson as he doesn't read internet gossip but, it was sent to him along with the inquiries.
As far as the communications director what I posted of his email was taken directly off of this site and I believe was posted by Observer. I didn't post it in it's entirety since Observer already had done so.
Di answered my post by saying you were all aware the status with 3abn had not changed as these emails plainly explain, so why are you trying to act like I am being deceitful and making things up? You and Di are, afterall, on the same side so maybe you should examine her post with the same scrutiny you examined mine.

Steffan,

I am feeling ignored!!!! If you are through berating PB, could you please answer my questions from this post:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=198947

I'll copy my questions again here:
Steffan,

I'd be real interested in your response to the statement made by Brother Dabrowski to Brother Matthews (and posted at the following link), since you seem to have left this one out of your summary:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=198809

Dear Brother Matthews

Thank you for your enquiry which I received while traveling in another part of the world. I am still on the road. In reference to your communication, and a comment you are quoting from the Internet chat forums, may I share with you the following:

The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has received a number of inquiries into the status of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) as a supporting ministry of the Church. There has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Due to ongoing administrative issues at 3ABN, the General Conference administration has taken a position that until these matters have been addressed that the General Conference personnel not involve 3ABN for new program development and production. This approach does not reflect that the General Conference is taking any particular position in issues which are under the purview of the Board of Directors of 3ABN, which is an independent supporting ministry. The GC's position applies to General Conference personnel.

Blessings.

--Rajmund Dabrowski
Communication Director
Seventh-day Adventist Church
World Headquarters
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring MD 20904 USA
<www.adventist.org>
Phone: 301-680-6300
Fax: 301-680-6312
e-mail: dabrowskir@gc.adventist.org

A couple of questions come to mind:

1. Are there ongoing administrative issues at 3ABN?? YES........or..........NO
2. If YES, then I rest my case.
3. If NO, woud you say that the Communications Director of the SDA Church is......could it be....are you saying.......that this highly respected individual......might be LYING???? Oh my.
4. OR, could it be that the GC left hand does not know what the GC right hand is doing/saying/typing??? Again, hhhhmmmm......

OK, and here's another question. You say that AF is completely independent of the GC/NAD and receives no support from either. Yet, I read somewhere that AF employees are considered conference employees and received conference benefits. Which is it, or is it both?? Could you help clarify that for me with your "AF official"? I'd appreciate it immensely!!

I also find it noteworthy that the emails posted from Brother Dabrowski include complete contact information for the writer, yet the email from Brother Schneider does not. Hhhmmm.... Hhhhmmm........ Hhhhmmm...........

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 9 2007, 03:30 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Deleted for now

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 9 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 9 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]199096[/snapback]

Steffan,

I was not accusing you of editing emails, simply asking if Don Schneider's email was presented in its entirety. I also was not insinuating that you had done any thing of the sort. I am sorry that my questions offended you for that was not my intention.

Thank you for answering my questions! I appreciate that.

If this is the case, then you have edited it to the point where the statement from Dabrowski is altered from the original that he sent to Gregory. I doubt that you did this intentionally or maliciously, at least I hope not, but by your editing you did change what the communications director said when you added your own extra words and yet posted the statement as if it was Dabrowski's own.

Your posted version:

In response - all I can say is that there has been no change or
review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the

General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

What Dabrowski actually wrote:

There has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Steffan,

I am sorry that you feel I am trying to act like you are being deceitful and making things up. I didn't accuse you of that. The information from your "source" conflicted with what the AF Board of Directors Chairman wrote. Given the choice, I will believe what I can see with my eyes from a person I deem a credible source and not the "essense" of a statement from some unnamed source who won't even allow his words to be posted.

As for Di's post, we have all seen the email that states the status of 3abn being a supporting ministry of the GC remains the same. Some may believe that to be the case, others will wait to make of their minds until the information plays out more fully to see if what Denis Hankinson emailed is also valid. The bottom line is, the conference has taken a position to distance its personnel from involvement with 3abn in regards to progamming due to ongoing adminstrative issues at 3abn.

Hopefully, one day you will see that this truly isn't a brother against brother, side vs. side issue. The side many of us are on and have always been on is God's side.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jun 9 2007, 03:35 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 10 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jun 9 2007, 02:33 PM) [snapback]199124[/snapback]

Steffan,

I am feeling ignored!!!! If you are through berating PB, could you please answer my questions from this post:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=198947

I'll copy my questions again here:
Steffan,

I'd be real interested in your response to the statement made by Brother Dabrowski to Brother Matthews (and posted at the following link), since you seem to have left this one out of your summary:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=198809

Dear Brother Matthews
Thank you for your enquiry which I received while traveling in another part of the world. I am still on the road. In reference to your communication, and a comment you are quoting from the Internet chat forums, may I share with you the following:
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has received a number of inquiries into the status of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) as a supporting ministry of the Church. There has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Due to ongoing administrative issues at 3ABN, the General Conference administration has taken a position that until these matters have been addressed that the General Conference personnel not involve 3ABN for new program development and production. This approach does not reflect that the General Conference is taking any particular position in issues which are under the purview of the Board of Directors of 3ABN, which is an independent supporting ministry. The GC's position applies to General Conference personnel.
Blessings.
--Rajmund Dabrowski
Communication Director
Seventh-day Adventist Church
World Headquarters
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring MD 20904 USA
<www.adventist.org>
Phone: 301-680-6300
Fax: 301-680-6312
e-mail: dabrowskir@gc.adventist.org

A couple of questions come to mind:

1. Are there ongoing administrative issues at 3ABN?? YES........or..........NO
2. If YES, then I rest my case.
3. If NO, woud you say that the Communications Director of the SDA Church is......could it be....are you saying.......that this highly respected individual......might be LYING???? Oh my.
4. OR, could it be that the GC left hand does not know what the GC right hand is doing/saying/typing??? Again, hhhhmmmm......

OK, and here's another question. You say that AF is completely independent of the GC/NAD and receives no support from either. Yet, I read somewhere that AF employees are considered conference employees and received conference benefits. Which is it, or is it both?? Could you help clarify that for me with your "AF official"? I'd appreciate it immensely!!

I also find it noteworthy that the emails posted from Brother Dabrowski include complete contact information for the writer, yet the email from Brother Schneider does not. Hhhmmm.... Hhhhmmm........ Hhhhmmm...........

OK Steffan, I think your lack of response is a clear answer to my questions. But you know what? If the Communications Director of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists thinks there are "ongoing administrative isses at 3ABN" there must be something wrong somewhere!! Just because you chose to ignore it doesn't make it go away!!! You might want to check your medications.....

"Reality" and "Steffan's perception of reality" are obviously not in agreement!! doh.gif

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 10 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 7 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]198839[/snapback]

To State the Premise:

3ABN has become the premier world-wide media organization broadcasting Seventh-day Adventist programming for the last 20+ years. It has been widely used as a venue for conference officials, well-known pastors, and General Conference events.

A prominent Seventh-day Adventist leader has referred to it and/or its founder as "the face of Adventism".

Has the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists now relegated 3ABN to "an independent supporting ministry", of which the General Conference is not "taking any particular position in issues which are under the purview of the Board of Directors of 3ABN"?

Legions of trusting Adventists receive 3ABN in their homes. They give their financial and moral support to both the programming and the administration.

Some, however, have heard that there might be problems with it. Being loyal Seventh-day Adventists, they look to the church leadership for guidance.
To be continued...

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 7 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]198844[/snapback]

Topic: FOR THE GENERAL CONFERENCE OF SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS

1. The Premise

2. The Current Public Relations Problem

3. The Plan to Avert Negative PR

4. Discussion of the Plan

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 8 2007, 12:44 AM) [snapback]198906[/snapback]

The Current Public Relations Problem

Given that the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has traditionally looked with approval upon the activities of 3ABN, the first part of the problem is the possibility of secular media realizing that there is a newsworthy story unfolding.

Relevant questions: How long ago was the leadership of the church first advised of administrative misbehavior at 3ABN? Have the leaders been engaged in a cover-up? Has there been undue influence placed upon church leadership by means of monetary or other causes?

The Seventh-day Adventist church is recognized for its health systems, educational institutions, and missions. Perceived complicity with the type of allegations currently being made against the church's primary media outlet could result in lurid publicity.

The second part of the problem concerns the members of the church. Those currently learning of the difficulties at 3ABN are distressed. The ones who have yet to learn of them may be angry as well as distressed, not having been warned that there is a problem. They have been left to believe that their financial contributions are being used in an appropriate manner.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 10 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

The Plan to Avert Negative PR

Coming from a recognizable church leader, a statement would be disseminated to various church publications and leadership. (Using here a fictitious name)

James Porter, General Conference President of Seventh-day Adventists, has released the following statement:

"While we realize that the TV media outlet 3ABN (Three Angels Broadcasting Network) has been for many years influential for good as a venue for our church teachings, we must admit that various allegations of misconduct concerning 3ABN personnel have surfaced.

In the interests of our church constituency, we are launching an investigation into the allegations. We will thoroughly examine evidence of any wrongdoing and make the appropriate recommendations to our church members as to how to relate to this self-supporting organization."

Following this, an official investigation would be undertaken by a committee appointed for the purpose, with the results reported to Adventist church members.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 11 2007, 04:48 AM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 10 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 8 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]198957[/snapback]

Dateline: Brindisi, Italy
Date: 64 AD

Personally, we think Nero plays the violin beautifully, and we need to go about our business of filling the world with inspiring music rather than spreading ugly rumors about smoke and fire.

General Conference Fire Inspectors
12501 Appian Way
Brindisi, Italy

P.S. We have temporarily suspended our visits to Rome due to ongoing administrative issues there. This policy applies to General Conference personnel.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 11 2007, 05:13 AM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 11 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Discussion of the Plan

Is there a reason for a church leader to make a public statement in case of widely circulated reports, rumors, or gossip about perceived problems with an entity so closely connected to the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist church image as 3ABN?

Large public corporations realize the value of damage control. Corporations have not only suffered a blow to their image but also have been criticized for not being open and aboveboard concerning serious problems that have become generally known.

Once a public statement has been made, the church can be seen as trying to solve the perceived problem in an honest and sincere manner.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:32 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church