Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13795&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:31:57 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looks Like Ds Already Has His, "reward In Full!"
steffan
post Jun 12 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 11 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]199482[/snapback]

Calvin,

I'm very glad to hear that DS is telling his audience that he has the jet. That is being open. That is progress!

I was at a meeting years ago when he told they had one. He has always been honest about it.In fact, Linda was the biggest "pusher" for getting it.

QUOTE(Voktar of Zargon @ Jun 11 2007, 09:36 PM) [snapback]199513[/snapback]

If the board of directors of 3ABN would "sufficiently take care of matters," they would depose Danny Shelton from his autocratic seat of power (that he should have stepped down from voluntarily long ago). One of the main reasons that 21st century corporation boards took such matters into their own hands is because they suddenly found themselves liable for the CEO's abuses. Perhaps the 3ABN board will finally wake up and realize they are also spiritually liable.

I have one question for you. Do you know Danny shelton on a personal basis? Have you spent time around 3abn or with any of the board members? Have you ever been on any of their meetings, discussions or prayer sessions? Have you seen any of the accusations made with your own eyes and do you realize that absolutely none of the allegations against Danny that have been made for the last 3 years have been proven?
If you answer no to any of these questions how could you possibly make the statments you just made above? Let me guess. You come to these conclusions because of what you read and what you have been told. Off of that alone, you have judged and convicted. Sad. Not biblical, not christian. Didn't you say somewhere that you are a pastor? Shocking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 12 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

You are trying to trip people up with technicalities.

You are right it's not a Lear, but it's not just a 6 seat Cessna. It's Cessna rival to a Lear, it's still a luxury jet . They are both a very expensive toy.

They at one time owned one jet and leased another.

The plane cost 6 million to someone. When you are leasing it at 40 grand per month, sans pilots, fuel, insurance etc, you are still paying for it just as if you owned it.

You are being deceptive and around here that don't work.

But in any case 3abn has felt the heat and are canceling the lease. We'll see how long it takes before they get another, or maybe they will just lease a jet on a trip by trip basis, adding more costs to their trips but being better able to conceal their misuse of donor funds.

Richard

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 12 2007, 02:02 AM) [snapback]199532[/snapback]

I have never heard Danny refer to himself as the face of Adventism. In fact, I have never heard anyone close to him say that he was. If someone, somewhere, said that at sometime, why should you put the blame on him.
More importantly, I feel that I should warn you about making false statements as facts. That is exactly what Pickle and Joy are doing.
FICTION--- 3abn Does Not have a Lear jet It is a 6 seat Cessna
FICTION---3abn Does Not have 2 jets. several years ago they used a 6 seater that they weren't happy with. They got rid of that one and someone leased the present plane for them.
FICTION--- How can the cost of the plane be 6 million when it was only on lease and never purchased?
If you are so "in the know" about things, Mikell, how could you get so many things wrong?
Again, you need to watch making false statements especially when they can be proven to be false. THis is just a minute part of lies that are being told that can be and will be, proven false.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 12 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 11 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]199504[/snapback]

According to his chairman of the board, Walt Thompson, they have canceled the lease on the jet, even thought it is a blow to the ministry. I feel so awful that they have to give up that 6 million dollar plane. msn-cry.gif

Richard

So that means that two pilots will be out of work? Wonder if they would like to write a book?

+Quote Post
Voktar of Zargon
post Jun 12 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,188

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 12 2007, 02:22 AM) [snapback]199533[/snapback]

I have one question for you. Do you know Danny shelton on a personal basis? Have you spent time around 3abn or with any of the board members? Have you ever been on any of their meetings, discussions or prayer sessions? Have you seen any of the accusations made with your own eyes and do you realize that absolutely none of the allegations against Danny that have been made for the last 3 years have been proven?
If you answer no to any of these questions how could you possibly make the statments you just made above? Let me guess. You come to these conclusions because of what you read and what you have been told. Off of that alone, you have judged and convicted. Sad. Not biblical, not christian. Didn't you say somewhere that you are a pastor? Shocking.

Even if Danny is innocent of all the charges against him he should have stepped down to avoid the appearance of evil. The appearance of evil is so great it has sparked off a firestorm of controversy. This cannot be denied. There was a time when he could have (and should have) prevented this. Not only did he not prevent it, he has with impunity used 3ABN as a forum to try and vindicate himself in the public eye. A very innapropriate use for a gospel minsitry. This fact alone is one of the strongest indicators that there is indeed fire behind the smoke and that the "feeding frenzy" is not over a dead chimera.
What is shocking is that Danny continues to hold any kind of leadership position in this church.
What is unchristian and unbiblical is divorcing your wife and remarrying on grounds of "spiritual adultery" in a hasty way, through questionable means (Guam?) - and all before the world. What is even more shocking is the use of an "Adventist" ministry to praise in the highest of terms a man who is under the shadow of multiple accusations of sexual abuse. And, to llikewise use such a ministry to respond to sexual accusations against yourself, with grandiose Biblical metaphors and backhanded condemnatory preaching.
Voktar

This post has been edited by Voktar of Zargon: Jun 12 2007, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 12 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 12 2007, 12:22 AM) [snapback]199533[/snapback]

I was at a meeting years ago when he told they had one. He has always been honest about it.In fact, Linda was the biggest "pusher" for getting it.

NOTE: The above refers to the jet airplane.

I do not know who initiated the discussion that let to obtaining the services of the jets. It may not have been Linda.

Yes, I suspect that Linda agreed to such.

It may be that your comment that implies that Linda pushed for it more than Danny is one of your overstatements? I simply do not know.

I do know this:

Over the past several years Linda Shelton has gone through some very severe trials. These have served to refine and to shape her. She is no longer the neive person whom she once was. She has learned that a person whom she once loved did not always return that same love to her. She has learned that a person whom she once trusted to make decisions made some decisions that have hurt her. She has learned that people she once trusted made inappropriate decisions at times. I could go on at some length.

Out of this she is in some respects a different person from what she once was. She now has a better appreciation for the sacrificial gifts that so many people have made to 3-ABN. That comes from her recent life experiences. Out of this, I will suggest that if Linda were to be asked today if she as a 3-ABN Vice-President would like to have the use of a corporate jet her response would be: Thank you for your offer. That is not where your generous gift can do the most good. Allow us use those funds in another way. I can fly commercial for much less, and the savings can do more good elsewhere.

Perhaps the Lord has allowed Linda to go through some of these trials for a reason--to deal with issues that she needed to face. O.K. Linda is dealing with them. She is a changed person, and a person who is changing.

The question now is: Are there others who need to change? Perhaps God is bringing upon them trials in an attempt to change them? If, so, are they changing, and/or will they change? I do not know. But, if God is allowing them to be tried to refine their character, any resistance on their part will only subject them to the continued refining process.

NOTE: I who defend Linda have never presented her as a perfect person. I will not attempt to defend every action/decision of hers in the past. But, I do claim that she is not person whom her detractors often present her as being. I do claim that she is learning from these trials, and growing.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jun 12 2007, 07:43 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 12 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

Steppan, sounds like you are a great dancer, have you ever heard of the Clinton spin dance? Wow, you are very good at it, in spinning all what you don’t like what is on BSDA into what you do like. Very good, I have not seen anyone to have done it as good as you have. You have such a frenzy about what is your postings to all of us in BSDA, hay Steppan a suggesting, I think you need to cut back on your coffee. Try de-café, which are getting better tasting all the time. smile.gif

This post has been edited by mikell: Jun 12 2007, 01:35 PM

+Quote Post
steffan
post Jun 12 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 12 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]199629[/snapback]

Mikell, My statements were fact, yours were not.
Why did you keep referring to a "lear type jet" If you knew it wasn't. What could the motive be for you to do that?
You quoted A today which is the biggest joke of all. The reason A today is not conference supported in any way is their lack of credibiltiy in proving what they print and better yet, the "way out" beliefs of some in charge there. So, you not only quoted a source that is not credible you failed to mention how old this article was. You never said that several years ago you read an article yada yada.. You stated that 3abn had 2 planes. Why? What is your motive for leaving out the relevant facts that change the whole story?
On the other hand I left nothing out. I said they had a plane, got rid of it and someone leased another one for them. So they never owned 2 planes at once. Neither have they owned one since. Those are the facts. Why did you try to spin it any other way?
I said Linda Pushed for the Plane. You call that an attack? A piece of advice. Read back through the posts made here at bsda against Danny and you will have your definition of attack. What I said doesn't qualify.
Again just another example of how things have been twisted to paint a picture that is false and can be proven false.

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post Jun 12 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

The following is from a letter received today from the Hope Channel:

"We feel your support of this ministry is a sacred trust. In the spirit of honoring this, we want you to know how your gifts are used.

First, let me tell you how donations are not used. Your gifts don't go to cover our salaries. Neither does it pay for large, fancy offices or extravagance of any kind.

While God has blessed us with a powerful ministry, it is performed through humble means. Our staff
work in small office cubicles and economize in every way imaginable. And as the official television network of the Adventist denomination, you can rest assured that we operate according to church policy and are accountable to church and lay leadership.

So just how are your gifts utilized? They are immediately put into service providing truth-filled messages 24-hours-a-day...."

It appears that Hope Channel is making an effort to point out the contrast between their use of donors' money and that of other (including 3ABN perhaps?) channels' misuse of contributions.

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 12 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 12 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]199634[/snapback]

Why did you keep referring to a "lear type jet" If you knew it wasn't. What could the motive be for you to do that?
You quoted A today which is the biggest joke of all. The reason A today is not conference supported in any way is their lack of credibiltiy in proving what they print and better yet, the "way out" beliefs of some in charge there. So, you not only quoted a source that is not credible you failed to mention how old this article was. You never said that several years ago you read an article yada yada.. You stated that 3abn had 2 planes. Why? What is your motive for leaving out the relevant facts that change the whole story?
On the other hand I left nothing out. I said they had a plane, got rid of it and someone leased another one for them. So they never owned 2 planes at once. Neither have they owned one since. Those are the facts. Why did you try to spin it any other way?
I said Linda Pushed for the Plane. You call that an attack? A piece of advice. Read back through the posts made here at bsda against Danny and you will have your definition of attack. What I said doesn't qualify.
Again just another example of how things have been twisted to paint a picture that is false and can be proven false.

Steppan, all of us can really see you sure have the Clinton spin dance down pretty good, happydance.gif Please, you really need to start drinking de-cafe! it really does taste good, rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by mikell: Jun 12 2007, 01:56 PM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jun 12 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 12 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]199638[/snapback]

Steppan, all of us can really see you sure have the Clinton spin dance down pretty good, happydance.gif Please, you really need to start drinking de-cafe! it really does taste good, rofl1.gif

He doesn't have the Clinton spin dance down; this kind of myopia can only come from Neo-Cons... this is the 3D two step, courtesy dubya, don and dick...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 12 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 12 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]199679[/snapback]

He doesn't have the Clinton spin dance down; this kind of myopia can only come from Neo-Cons... this is the 3D two step, courtesy dubya, don and dick...

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr. J,

At the risk of inciting political firestorms - spoton.gif

Thank you!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 12 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Steffan,

Maybe you can help me on a few items.

I just heard that the number of underage victims from Virginia has gone from 1 to 3, and I've finally gotten a name of one of those and have some correspondence from him. Do Tommy and Danny have any plans for trying to make things right before the child molestation part of the scandal grows any bigger? Especially since, I believe, Virginia doesn't have a statute of limitations for things like this?

Secondly, from what I can tell, back in 1998 Danny and Linda got a piece of property from 3ABN for $6,139 O.V.C., and then sold it one week later to Elora Ford for $135,000. A church official said that a non-profit that gave away property for less than fair market value could lose its tax exempt status retroactively, how far back wasn't known. Do you know anything about this transaction that would make it appear all right to the IRS?

Copies of the original documents can be seen at "Did Danny Shelton Really Turn $6,139 into $135,000 in Just 7 Days?" The transaction that is possibly really problematic is the following:

IPB Image

I have a feeling that if it all got reported correctly on W-2's, Form 990's, and Form 1040's, everything is fine.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 12 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jun 12 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]199679[/snapback]

In His service,
Mr. J

Very Well Said Mr. J!!!! ....... notworthy.gif ........ notworthy.gif .......... notworthy.gif

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 12 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

And your authority is........? I ask because there is an email that reads as if you should not be posting anything about 3ABN. Even though WT didn't say there was no relatinship just that you have no authority to speak in behalf of Danny or 3ABN. So, now can you answer those same question you posed to VOZ , as it appears that your own crediblity is in question.

...and you are still posting? Ok so I think you would probably want to >>>>>>>>>CLICK HERE and answer that email before you continue to post.

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 12 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]199634[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 12 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Di,

I've been wondering when steffan would comment on the email from Walt Thompson. He has certainly commented on a lot of other items but has avoided that one. uhm.gif

Perhaps he just missed it.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church