Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13784&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:31:51 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "real" Truth In A Nutshell
LaurenceD
post Jun 11 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

mikell and mozart...have you no shame for spreading hurtful information like this? Do you want to get sued also? If you're trying to tear this ministry down, we may have to muzzle you too. Come by the compound sometime and we'll get out those hunt'n dogs you've seen on eBay and we'll go for a little tour of the outback and have a little talk...So. Il. style.

Seriously, you're doing well to assume just the opposite is true of nearly everything this character steffan says. Good posts. Put everything through the fire. If he's being honest, he won't mind. If he's not, it will bother him immensely and he'll come after you with twisted fangs.

Truth doesn't mind careful scrutiny one bit! In fact, it encourages it. "His life was an open book." Anyone whose life is not open, and doesn't like scrutiny, is not of Christ. Muzzling is their way, and misinformation cloaked in the appearance of a rainbow.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 11 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

Steffan hiya.gif

I had an interesting conversation with someone last night and wondered if you could clear things up for me since you seem to have quite the connection to all things DS.

I was told that during campmeeting weekend during one of those many, many cut aways where nature scenes or something else where shown that DS told those present that donations were down very significantly because people were now sending their money to Linda..... Do you know if this is a true fact or not?

Also, I was told that the doors to the side wings of the building were closed so that people had to sit in the central area so it would appear like more were there. Can you tell me, were those wings closed off?

Also, since you have so very much information about 3abn matters. What was the attendance record for this year vs say last year or the year before? That should be a fairly simple matter for you to report back to us on.

Thanks in advance for your time in preparing a response to my questions.

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Jun 11 2007, 07:35 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 11 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

The following is being circulated. In view of the fact that Elder Hankinson's letter(s) has/have been published I believe that it is important to publish this one.

Dear Ministers

Just a little clarification on my previous comment re 3ABN. This was a misunderstanding on my part, based on some recent discussion in Australia. I hope the following will help to clarify the situation as I understand it.

In the USA, most supporting ministries are under the umbrella of the ASI organization and 3ABN is a member of ASI in good and regular standing.

The General Conference has taken a reserved position towards 3ABN until certain issues are resolved. Currently ASI, 3ABN and Amazing Facts are working to resolve these issues.

Let's continue to pray for a positive resolution.

Regards

Denis

Dr Denis Hankinson
President - Seventh-day Adventist Church (Victoria)
Phone (03) 9264 7777 : pastor_denis@adventist.org.au
"Preparing for Eternity by living life to the full – following Jesus"

NOTE: I have e-mailed Elder Hankinson a copy of this message and I have asked him to verify that it is one he wrote and accurate. Under ideal circumstances he has had the time to respond to me. But, he has not done so. If he were traveling, or otherwise engaged, it is possible that he will e-mail me later. But, I felt that his comments are so important that I have posted this.

If Elder Hankinson responds to my e-mail and/or the above quote, I will publish what he says, without editorial revision, but exactly as he said it.

While I would prefer to have his comment to me before I post it, I have to assume that a letter that he appears to have widely sent to a large number of people is not a letter that he has intended to keep private. In any case, it appears to me to be in the public domain.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 11 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 10 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]199350[/snapback]

Rosy, in your earlier post you say you feel I am not always honest in my answers. I take issue with that. I have no reason at all not to be honest. I am a christian (as I assume you are) and would not intentionally nor unintentionally try to deceive anyone. I happen to be in a unique situation where I know more than the average person. When I speak, I speak from what I know, have seen and checked out.
As far as AF is concerned, Danny & Doug usually talk at least once a week and they are the only 2 at this point that know what is happening and the when's and why's. Remember, Doug wants even more independance in his independant ministy. Jim P. is conference. Do you see any signals yet? Doug and Jim might not totally see eye to eye on the exact details of the merger. The conference obviously would not want to lose their connection with AF that they have now.

Steffan,

When was it established that "Doug wants even more independance in his independant ministry"?

When was it established that the "conference obviously would not want to lose their connection with AF that they have now"?

You have created a clear insinuation that Doug is in conflict with his board chairman and the Northern California Conference and wishes to be independent of the conference and its president. And you know this how? Does your unique situation allow you to make such claims?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 11 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

As Observer stated in another post, "gentle readers".........

The following is posted without spelling correction or editing except for the obvious deletion relating to the BSDA poster who communicated with Dr. Thompson.

Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: Statement regarding 3abn/AF merger

Thanks XXXXXX,

I see no problem with sharing this with BSDA.

Walt
Walter Thompson MD

----- Original Message -----
To: Walt Thompson
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 9:27 AM

Walt,

I am so relieved! Thank you so much! I have been concerned about how steffan represents things.

May I pass this along to my friend at BSDA to be posted? I believe it will help to clarify the situation and head off any rumors about the merger process.

To:
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 6:57 AM

Thanks,

No, Steffan does not represent 3abn or Danny. He is not in a position of authority to know what is going on. While I do not know a lot about the relationship between Doug and the President of the conference, this is certainly not the reason 3abn and AF are negotiating.

I appreciate your interest and heads up!

Walter Thompson MD

Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 8:49 AM
Subject: Statement regarding 3abn/AF merger

Dear Walt,

I was doing some reading this morning on the ongoing discussions about the 3abn/Amazing Facts merger. A member calling himself Steffan, who claims to be a supporter of Danny, made a most troubling post and I felt I should bring it to your attention.

Last night, Steffan said in part:

"Rosy, in your earlier post you say you feel I am not always honest in my answers. I take issue with that. I have no reason at all not to be honest. I am a christian (as I assume you are) and would not intentionally nor unintentionally try to deceive anyone. I happen to be in a unique situation where I know more than the average person. When I speak, I speak from what I know, have seen and checked out.
As far as AF is concerned, Danny & Doug usually talk at least once a week and they are the only 2 at this point that know what is happening and the when's and why's. Remember, Doug wants even more independance in his independant ministy. Jim P. is conference. Do you see any signals yet? Doug and Jim might not totally see eye to eye on the exact details of the merger. The conference obviously would not want to lose their connection with AF that they have now." http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=199350
These assertions are quite shocking, in my opinion, and raise some questions that I feel need to be addressed:

1. Is this man an authorized representative of Danny and 3abn?

2. If so, is he actually authorized to make such a statement as he has about the merger?

3. Is he really reflecting the opinion of Doug Batchelor regarding his ties to the Northern California Conference?

Brother Walt, I will wait for a bit for your input on this before I email Steffan's statement to Jim Pedersen. As Chair of the Amazing Facts Board of Directors, I believe he should know what is being said by someone representing himself as a spokesman for Danny and 3abn.

Sincerely,

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 11 2007, 10:10 AM
Post #36

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

well isn't that interesting... Steffan is speaking about things in which he doesn't know anything.... according Walt Thompson.... now Steffan come clean, are you going to admit to not knowing, or are you going to suggest that WT is not a credible source?

we are waiting... (someone cue the jeopardy theme song....)

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 11 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jun 11 2007, 09:01 AM) [snapback]199417[/snapback]

The following is posted without spelling correction or editing except for the obvious deletion relating to the BSDA poster who communicated with Dr. Thompson.

Thanks XXXXXX,

Walt
Walter Thompson MD

Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 9:27 AM

Walt,

I am so relieved! Thank you so much! I have been concerned about how steffan represents things.

May I pass this along to my friend at BSDA to be posted? I believe it will help to clarify the situation and head off any rumors about the merger process.

To:

Thanks,

No, Steffan does not represent 3abn or Danny. He is not in a position of authority to know what is going on. While I do not know a lot about the relationship between Doug and the President of the conference, this is certainly not the reason 3abn and AF are negotiating.

Walter Thompson MD

Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 8:49 AM
Subject: Statement regarding 3abn/AF merger

Dear Walt,

I was doing some reading this morning on the ongoing discussions about the 3abn/Amazing Facts merger. A member calling himself Steffan, who claims to be a supporter of Danny, made a most troubling post and I felt I should bring it to your attention.

Last night, Steffan said in part:

"Rosy, in your earlier post you say you feel I am not always honest in my answers. I take issue with that. I have no reason at all not to be honest. I am a christian (as I assume you are) and would not intentionally nor unintentionally try to deceive anyone. I happen to be in a unique situation where I know more than the average person. When I speak, I speak from what I know, have seen and checked out.
As far as AF is concerned, Danny & Doug usually talk at least once a week and they are the only 2 at this point that know what is happening and the when's and why's. Remember, Doug wants even more independance in his independant ministy. Jim P. is conference. Do you see any signals yet? Doug and Jim might not totally see eye to eye on the exact details of the merger. The conference obviously would not want to lose their connection with AF that they have now." http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=199350
These assertions are quite shocking, in my opinion, and raise some questions that I feel need to be addressed:

1. Is this man an authorized representative of Danny and 3abn?

2. If so, is he actually authorized to make such a statement as he has about the merger?

3. Is he really reflecting the opinion of Doug Batchelor regarding his ties to the Northern California Conference?

Brother Walt, I will wait for a bit for your input on this before I email Steffan's statement to Jim Pedersen. As Chair of the Amazing Facts Board of Directors, I believe he should know what is being said by someone representing himself as a spokesman for Danny and 3abn.

Sincerely,

Thanks, Mrs. Noah smile.gif :

When peole check out statements that are made, sometimes the truth is seen to differ from what is posted.

I really do not think that Stefan realized the impact of what he posted, and the potential injury that he did to Doug B.

Well everyone makes mistakes, no matter how hard they try not to do so.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 11 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

If Steffan Philips is such a close friend of Danny's, then the BSDA members that have or did have interactions with 3ABN must know him. Can anyone tell us about Steffan to strengthen his credibility?

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 11 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

rofl1.gif notworthy.gif rofl1.gif you are too too funny. it would be an interesting lawsuit to say the least. they'd have to pay my way to get to court cuz i aint got da bux. as for the huntin' dogs................ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *snap* i bite too. roflmao.gif
QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jun 11 2007, 07:25 AM) [snapback]199376[/snapback]

mikell and mozart...have you no shame for spreading hurtful information like this? Do you want to get sued also? If you're trying to tear this ministry down, we may have to muzzle you too. Come by the compound sometime and we'll get out those hunt'n dogs you've seen on eBay and we'll go for a little tour of the outback and have a little talk...So. Il. style.

Seriously, you're doing well to assume just the opposite is true of nearly everything this character steffan says. Good posts. Put everything through the fire. If he's being honest, he won't mind. If he's not, it will bother him immensely and he'll come after you with twisted fangs.

Truth doesn't mind careful scrutiny one bit! In fact, it encourages it. "His life was an open book." Anyone whose life is not open, and doesn't like scrutiny, is not of Christ. Muzzling is their way, and misinformation cloaked in the appearance of a rainbow.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 11 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jun 11 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]199417[/snapback]

Thanks XXXXXX,

Walt
Walter Thompson MD

Let us give Walt credit for being willing to share what he knows to help clear up any confusion. clapping.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 11 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jun 11 2007, 09:40 AM) [snapback]199424[/snapback]

Let us give Walt credit for being willing to share what he knows to help clear up any confusion. clapping.gif

AMEN!

Steffan is certainly in a unique position now.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jun 11 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Steffan)
I happen to be in a unique situation where I know more than the average person. When I speak, I speak from what I know, have seen and checked out.

Remember what Lee said about BS? Lee said Bystander knows everything and that we'd do well to listen up when he speaks. So we asked him about the lawsuit, State of Illinois Dept. of Rev. v. 3abn, and he demonstrated by his reply that he either was unacquainted, or was unable to comprehend.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 11 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #43

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Not sure if that will help. WT sees and speaks with Danny almost daily, I am sure. Notice that WT did not say anything about the relationship between Danny and Steffan, but only that Steffan did not represent Danny or 3ABN. It is true, he, just like them fools over at the save gailon site are over zealous in their defense.

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jun 11 2007, 08:34 AM) [snapback]199422[/snapback]

If Steffan Philips is such a close friend of Danny's, then the BSDA members that have or did have interactions with 3ABN must know him. Can anyone tell us about Steffan to strengthen his credibility?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 11 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

scratchchin.gif well aint that a tidy bunch of pickles. we are all so shocked. uhm.gif giggle.gif

very good job NW.
you get a @>-->->------

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jun 11 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]199417[/snapback]

Walt,

To:

Thanks,

Walter Thompson MD

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 11 2007, 11:12 AM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 11 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 10 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]199264[/snapback]

I didn't realize you had ever tried to be nice concerning this subject. And what are your little asteriks about? Is that vile language?
As far as your colorado question, that was answered weeks ago. If you were on the inside, you would know first of all that it wasn't an "emergecy" meeting as you keep saying. It was talked about, tossed around and a decision to meet and talk about it depth was made.
Why the secrecy? That has been answered also. Because of the gossip of the likes of pickle and joy, these forums, and the gossip we as Adventists are so good at within the churches. If it would have been mentioned even in passing, in advance, one can't imagine the spins and false stories that would have been manufactured.
You also should have read here that if your scenerio of desperation on DS's part, was correct, how could he coerce Doug B, AF and their board to "bail" him out at the risk of hurting their own ministry???? Makes no sense does it???
And..if this was an emergency for Danny why is 3abn the one taking it's time until more specific details can be worked out?
The picture you paint lacks depth, reasonable motives and good sense. I just shot a few holes in it here. It could be torn to shreds if someone had the time or inclination to do so.

Steffan,

I believe I may not have made myself clear. My concern is for after the fact. Some questions were raised about the (Colorado) meeting after the tv show was aired, everyone knew about the "merger". There was no answer given. Why be evasive if everything is now public knowledge? There had to be other reasons for the quick emergency meeting other than what we viewed on tv.

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Jun 11 2007, 12:11 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church