Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13839&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:31:37 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Walt Thompson Defends The Lawsuit
Panama_Pete
post Jun 16 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 16 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]200187[/snapback]

Concerning the "present crisis", I was reading some posts from almost a year ago and it seemed that church leaders were being given pertinent information about the problems...that was a year ago...why is nothing happening?

Why is nothing happening?

Something has been happening during all that time: The church leaders have been cashing their payroll checks. I am sure they haven't missed a one. And you have to give them credit for that. It's not easy to cash a check and look the other direction every week.

And that reminds me of a true story.

It is about a man who lives in our neighborhood. He takes his big dog for a walk every afternoon. The dog eventually has to squat on the neighbor's lawn and leave a "gift" for the homeowner to come home and find.

Well, while the dog squats and relieves itself, the man looks up at the clouds, the treetops, the airplanes; he looks every direction except at the dog and what the dog is grinding out.

Sometimes, I think church leaders are like that: They prefer to look up at the clouds so they can pretend not to notice what is happening on the church's front lawn.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 16 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Seems past time to confront the dog owner, and if nothing gets done about the dog get the media out to investigate the dog, and if need be the owner. No one likes to see their favorite dog or it's messes on the front page of the paper.

Richard

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 16 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]200189[/snapback]

Something has been happening during all that time: The church leaders have been cashing their payroll checks. I am sure they haven't missed a one. And you have to give them credit for that. It's not easy to cash a check and look the other direction every week.

It is about a man who lives in our neighborhood. He takes his big dog for a walk every afternoon. The dog eventually has to squat on the neighbor's lawn and leave a "gift" for the homeowner to come home and find.

Well, while the dog squats and relieves itself, the man looks up at the clouds, the treetops, the airplanes; he looks every direction except at the dog and what the dog is grinding out.

Sometimes, I think church leaders are like that: They prefer to look up at the clouds so they can pretend not to notice what is happening on the church's front lawn.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 16 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

I wonder if WT sent out that letter without consulting thier lawyers. Depending on what the suit specifically is about, and his time table of donations falling off, the letter may be evidence in support of Gailon and Bob. Didn't DS deny on camera, on more than one occasion late in 2006 that donations were not down?

That letter could well serve to alert more people that someithing is amiss at 3abn, esp. reading that the GC has concerns.

I am surprised that the Sunday keeping Christian media did not pick up on what an outrageous blatant hypocrisy 3abn was engaging in with its 10 Commandments day hype and distributing books that were written by 3abn's leader who, among other problems, lives in sin according to the Bible and his own church's beliefs and standards.

I predict that it is only a matter of time when either the Christian or the secular media or both, will pick up on this story, and it will be a huge embarrassment for the church.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Jun 16 2007, 05:23 PM

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 16 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 16 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]200192[/snapback]

I wonder if WT sent out that letter without consulting thier lawyers. Depending on what the suit specifically is about, and his time table of donations falling off, the letter may be evidence in support of Gailon and Bob. Didn't DS deny on camera, on more than one occasion late in 2006 that donations were not down?

That letter could well serve to alert more people that someithing is amiss at 3abn, esp. reading that the GC has concerns.

I am surprised that the Sunday keeping Christian media did not pick up on what an outrageous blatant hypocrisy 3abn was engaging in with its 10 Commandments day hype and distributing books that were written by 3abn's leader who, among other problems, lives in sin according to the Bible and his own church's beliefs and standards.

I predict that it is only a matter of time when either the Christian or the secular media or both, will pick up on this story, and it will be a huge embarrassment for the church.

Good points Skyhook! It is outrageous to be promoting the 10 Commandments while all this hypocrisy was and is going on.

That was exactly my thought.... about DS claiming the donations were not down on the air and then W.T. now claiming they were down way before Gailon and Pickle were involved. Guess we will have to wait and see what the lawsuit is all about. You know when we weave a web of deceit...we get caught in the middle of it.

As for the media....in the past before all this mess, didn't one of the papers in Illinois do a story on 3abn? It does seem like it is only time before the media picks up on this shameful story and yes, it will be a huge embarrassment for the church.

But if the situation can be cleaned up with new leadership, new board and new CEO, then we can say... a lesson has been learned. We will be making a clear statement although late....."No, we do not condone what has gone on here and we as a people take a stand against sexual abuse, adultery, corruption, and all the rest". I only pray that it is sooner rather than later.

This post has been edited by runner4him: Jun 17 2007, 09:15 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 16 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 16 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]200179[/snapback]

I have one question. How is this letter -- apparently from Thompson -- being distributed?

By email.

More thoughts:

Walt has personally told me that discussing the problems in an open, public manner is wrong. I asked him what other way he would suggest. He had no suggestions. When I asked him if we could speak to the board, he said it was too late. I even wrote him and asked him what the procedure would be for going over his head and asking to speak to the board anyway. There was no reply.

So what Walt resorts to instead is something I would never want to do: Character assassination behind one's back using statements that can be irrefutably proven false.

Remember how I tried to put Walt in as good a light as possible, resulting in Glenn Dryden's assessment of Walt: "I think Dr. Thompson must be a good and well-intentioned man...."? I can't give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 16 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 16 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]200192[/snapback]

Didn't DS deny on camera, on more than one occasion late in 2006 that donations were not down?

If anyone can find specific clips of such statements, it's high time to post actual video clips of 3ABN president Danny Shelton making such statements.

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jun 16 2007, 05:52 PM) [snapback]200195[/snapback]

But if the situation can be cleaned up with new leadership, new board and new CEO, then we can say... a lesson has been learned.

Accountable to no one, if neither Danny nor his board agree, nothing will change.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 16 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]200187[/snapback]

Concerning the "present crisis", I was reading some posts from almost a year ago and it seemed that church leaders were being given pertinent information about the problems...that was a year ago...why is nothing happening?

Something is happening, whether we can see it all or not.

Sure, I wish there was more said sooner, but I'm not going to criticize. It takes awhile to hear, to sort through what you hear, and to act. And in a situation so delicate as to potentially involve the church in a lawsuit, our leaders must act carefully, appropriately, and only at the right time.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 17 2007, 06:49 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 16 2007, 06:18 PM) [snapback]200189[/snapback]

notworthy.gif

I'm sure there are many on BSDA at present who have not experienced the full range of Panama Pete's creative way of serving up his pearls of wisdom..... or his "diamonds" hid in "gravel" piles. rofl1.gif

When it comes to applying "true stories" as though they were parables... the first question to ask is who/what does each element of the story represent? eg..... in this story, some of the questions would be....

It seems obvious who is doing the "pooping".... but beyond that, things might tend to get a little variable as to application. To prevent error... some helpful questions might be.....

Who owns what?

Who owns the dog? (Be really careful how you answer this one.)

Who owns the land that is being pooped on?

And then we have to move to the implications of these answers.

What are the limits of the ability of the landowner to act against either the dog or the dogowner?

What might be some of the things that would cause the landowner to not want openly confront the dog or the dog owner?

And ... moving to Richard's comment now..... might these same reasons apply to the media also "looking the other way"?

................TVsnack.gif..... scratchchin.gif ...........

Stay tuned..... and remember the two all important rules for ultimate success in any endeavor.....

1) Don't tell all you know.

2) ........... wave.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 17 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

WB said:

What are the limits of the ability of the landowner to act against either the dog or the dogowner?

Once the landowner is finally able to determine the identity of the actual dog and dog owner, the following action may be taken:

1. Put doggie's poop in bag.

2. Set bag on dog owner's porch.

3. Light bag on fire.

4. Ring doorbell.

5. Stand back a safe distance and watch dog owner firmly accept responsibility for the dog's poop.

6. Landowner may then turn attention to lovely clouds drifting by in the pale blue sky.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 17 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

OR..............................landowner's actions might set poopy dog owner's house on fire then landowner would get sued by poopy dog owner.
uhm.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 17 2007, 11:25 AM) [snapback]200264[/snapback]

PB said:
Once the landowner is finally able to determine the identity of the actual dog and dog owner, the following action may be taken:
1. Put doggie's poop in bag.

2. Set bag on dog owner's porch.

3. Light bag on fire.

4. Ring doorbell.

5. Stand back a safe distance and watch dog owner firmly accept responsibility for the dog's poop.

6. Landowner may then turn attention to lovely clouds drifting by in the pale blue sky.

edited due to missing who quoted. sorry WB.

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 17 2007, 08:33 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jun 18 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jun 16 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]200204[/snapback]

Remember how I tried to put Walt in as good a light as possible, resulting in Glenn Dryden's assessment of Walt: "I think Dr. Thompson must be a good and well-intentioned man...."? I can't give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I'll take it a step further. Walt Thompson appears to be just another one of Danny Shelton's dime-a-dozen yes people. He has loaded the board with people who won't buck him on anything. He attempts to create the illusion that the board makes the decisions as a body, and it's not just him being a dictator.

notworking.gif

Thankfully, folks seem to be starting to wise up.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
FineArt
post Jun 18 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,517

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 16 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]200190[/snapback]

Seems past time to confront the dog owner, and if nothing gets done about the dog get the media out to investigate the dog, and if need be the owner. No one likes to see their favorite dog or it's messes on the front page of the paper.

Richard

I hope that BSDA might be the laxitive that will help hurry up the process so the messes can be cleaned up and the lawn can be beautiful again.

Is that crude or not...sorry ohmy.gif

--------------------

God's blessings to you all

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His Commandments for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good or whether it be evil" Ecc. 12: 13,14

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jun 18 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I am hoping the lawsuit will be made public so we can know what is going on there.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 18 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(FineArt @ Jun 18 2007, 10:22 AM) [snapback]200377[/snapback]

I hope that BSDA might be the laxitive that will help hurry up the process so the messes can be cleaned up and the lawn can be beautiful again.

yes.gif

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jun 18 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jun 18 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]200429[/snapback]

I am hoping the lawsuit will be made public so we can know what is going on there.

Right on Daryl! I for one am getting a wee bit tired of waiting. We need the open book so we can all read the story of what, why, who. That response of "the lawyer made me do it" is so lame. (referring to the secrecy) We do have a vested interest in this whole mess...prior donors/supporters, ones who possibly could be on the chopping block next, ones who are concerned about cleaning up this mess and having some kind of restitution for the victims...and more.

QUOTE(FineArt @ Jun 18 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]200377[/snapback]

Is that crude or not...sorry ohmy.gif

Actually you can call it whatever you want....BSDA has done a great service in bringing much of this out to the light. Thank you BSDA!

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 18 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

Quote (Walt Thompson, Chairman of 3ABN Board)

...In the great crisis through which they are soon to pass, the faithful servants of God will encounter the same hardness of heart, the same cruel determination, the same unyielding hatred. {AA 430.4} (Witness the posts on the Internet and other places!)...

Danny Shelton: Faithful servant of God
BlackSDA: Hardness of heart, cruel determination and unyielding hatred

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jun 16 2007, 03:22 PM) [snapback]200192[/snapback]

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 18 2007, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church