Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13895&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:31:27 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THE LAWSUIT CASE HAS BEEN UNIMPOUNDED
calvin
post Jun 22 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #16

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jun 22 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]200934[/snapback]

And if you want to see the lawsuit itself, take a look at http://www.save3abn.com/3abn-and-danny-v-j...e-complaint.htm.

One thing I found intriguing about the lawsuit is 3ABN's claim in it that it is a non-denominational organization not affiliated with any church, denomination, or organization, and that it preaches a non-denominational message.
Are we to take this as an announcement from 3ABN that it is severing its ties from the GC, which it has had since 1997, that it is severing its ties with ASI, and that it is abandoning its preaching of the three angels' messages? Or is this an attempt to convince the court that concerned Seventh-day Adventists have no basis for asking questions?

I find this to be a very brazen statement considering 3abn owes its existence to the Adventist church as well as most of its support….and now to distant itself from the church ought to be a wakeup call to Amazing Facts and any financial contributor.

I guess this is just more legal maneuvering. But to make statements like we preach a non-denominational message is a lie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 22 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

Starting to sound like the Radio Church of God, a church that grew out of a radio ministry, becoming the World Wide Church of God. And when it's founder died the church imploded. My aunt was a member.

It has a lot of the hall marks of a church. It accepts tithes. It has it's charismatic leader, it's own ministry, it's own rules, (or lack thereof), it's own compound, (shades of Waco?). Scary. I know of people who regard Danny as almost a messianic figure and quote him more than they do the Bible or EGW. Double scary. And 3abn even takes their own church members to court. Sad.

Richard

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jun 22 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]200940[/snapback]

And the name of the organization is "Three Angels Broadcasting Network"?

If they are not affiliated with any church, denomination, or organization and that it preaches a non-denominational message then why are they doing and talking like they are affiliated with the Seven-day Adventist church on world wide television, on satellites and cable televisions? wallbash.gif

That remark should be shouted to all the world to see how 3ABN claims it's affiliation with the SDA church! (And in the court of law???) Such a mockery! thumbdown.gif

I may be out of line with this questioning or remarks or the question may have been unnecessary but it was JMHO. no.gif
Rosyroi sad.gif (former supporter of 3ABN)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 22 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 22 2007, 12:18 PM) [snapback]200944[/snapback]

I find this to be a very brazen statement considering 3abn owes its existence to the Adventist church as well as most of its support….and now to distant itself from the church ought to be a wakeup call to Amazing Facts and any financial contributor.

I guess this is just more legal maneuvering. But to make statements like we preach a non-denominational message is a lie.

Like I said awhile back, Calvin, there was a bombshell in the lawsuit.

Now the most charitable way to look at it, or maybe the most naive, is that the lawyers goofed, and nobody from 3ABN caught the goof.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 22 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Calvin maybe it's not a lie anymore....

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 22 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]200944[/snapback]

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 22 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 22 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]200944[/snapback]

Take a look at the following taken directly from the Plaintiff's Complaint, page 3, paragraph 12:

Since its inception, Shelton and 3ABN have worked tirelessly to promote 3ABNs ministry and to spread its unique, non-denominational "Return to God" message.

Folks the several hundred pages of legal documents now posted contain interesting material.

Some of us may now see why 3-ABN did not want these documents available for public view. But, the idea that in the so-called "information age" anything (other than the formula for Coka Cola) could be kept secret is unreality.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jun 22 2007, 11:52 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 22 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 21 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]200917[/snapback]

Certainly. The attorney's had already advised 3abn months ago that their request for a "blanket" impoundment would almost certainly be denied. That request was just one of many that moves them toward litigation. Some will be granted, some will be denied. It is all a part of the procedures to come.

My question is then "Why request for an impoundment in the first place?"

-----edited for content-----

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Jun 22 2007, 11:46 AM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 22 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 22 2007, 10:35 AM) [snapback]200952[/snapback]

Take a look at the following taken directly from the Plaintiff's Complaint, page 3, paragraph 12:

Folks the several hundred pages of legal documents now posted contain interesting material.

Some of us may now see why 3-ABN did not want these documents available for public view. But, the idea that in the so-called "information age" anything (other than the formula for Coka Cola) could be kept secret is unreality.

Muich ado has been made in regard to trademarks and copy right.

In the Complaint, we are told that 3-ABN was first issued a trademark (Registration # 2895078, class 009, 016, 038 & 041) for the trademark "3ABN," that they had used since January 1985! See page 4 paragraph # 16. Other registerations took place on May 25, 2004, March 23 2004, April 20, 2004, and `June 28, 2004. For those see pages 5 & 6, paragraphs 17 - 20.

It seems that in 2004 there was a real (emergency?) effort to effect the registrations. I wonder why at that time. What event brought this about?

This post has been edited by Observer: Jun 22 2007, 01:22 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 22 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(calvin @ Jun 22 2007, 09:18 AM) [snapback]200944[/snapback]

I agree, Calvin. It is very brazen and troubling. It makes me wonder if steffan was correctly representing the 3abn view after all when he posted the following on "The Truth in a Nutshell:

"Rosy, in your earlier post you say you feel I am not always honest in my answers. I take issue with that. I have no reason at all not to be honest. I am a christian (as I assume you are) and would not intentionally nor unintentionally try to deceive anyone. I happen to be in a unique situation where I know more than the average person. When I speak, I speak from what I know, have seen and checked out.
As far as AF is concerned, Danny & Doug usually talk at least once a week and they are the only 2 at this point that know what is happening and the when's and why's. Remember, Doug wants even more independance in his independant ministy. Jim P. is conference. Do you see any signals yet? Doug and Jim might not totally see eye to eye on the exact details of the merger. The conference obviously would not want to lose their connection with AF that they have now." http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=199350

Of course we do have Walt Thompson's rebuttal of that by email here, but the above statements bring that rebuttal into some question.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 22 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Calvin
Less boring, more entertaining now? giggle.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 22 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Even in these early postings we are seeing the lawsuit backfire. Danny, Walt, 3ABN and their big supporters will rue the day they considered a lawsuit against the truth. May God have mercies on their souls.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 22 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

non-denominational.... interesting.... and all this time the 3ABN crew has been appealing to local churches for support.... did the members know that they were supporting a non-denominational ministry? probably not.... alot of people have been punk'd.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jun 22 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(steffan @ Jun 21 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]200917[/snapback]

Certainly. The attorney's had already advised 3abn months ago that their request for a "blanket" impoundment would almost certainly be denied. That request was just one of many that moves them toward litigation. Some will be granted, some will be denied. It is all a part of the procedures to come.

heh! heh!

Next time tell us a little in advance, that way we'd be 110% more impressed. Also give credit to God, if you're able, as many were praying it would be lifted. Now your board members can read the court document and see the kind of childish suite they actually approved.

I'll have to give the plaintiff's attorneys a high five, they played DS like a kitten. Of course they smelled the $kitty$.

BTW, I heard DS the other night saying 3abn was operating on a shoe string budget, and he told his TV audience "we could use millions" in donations right now. Far different than what he was saying earlier this year...that support has never been better. Just the other face I suppose.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 22 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 22 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]200955[/snapback]

It seems that in 2004 there was a real (emergency?) effort to effect the registrations. I wonder why at that time. What event brought this about?

Observer, thanks for observing. I missed that one.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Jun 22 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 22 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]200966[/snapback]

non-denominational.... interesting.... and all this time the 3ABN crew has been appealing to local churches for support.... did the members know that they were supporting a non-denominational ministry? probably not.... alot of people have been punk'd.....

i would have to agree with you there...but I am sure that 3ABN will have a lovely spin to put on this... blink.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 22 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

That's what I mean, all that convenient switchin' form one thing to another......On TV we are a ministry, when you want to kick your wife to the curb without paying her fair share of the ministry you started together, then you are a buisness and she is just an employee. On TV be unadulterated SDA, preaching the pure, undiluted 3 Angel's Message. In court, you are non-denominational.......See how that work?

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 22 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]200966[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church