Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13967&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:29:16 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mckee Supports 3abn Through Selling Junk Foods, Is That Good?
watchbird
post Jul 12 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 12 2007, 09:34 AM) *
But are Nutty Bars not-denominational?

Of course... don't be misled by the assumption that only SDAs use peanut butter and are addicted to sugar and chocolate!

Just take a jaunt through the junk food aisle and you'll find plenty of non-SDA brands.. or versions... of nutty bars.... most of which are probably just as overly sweetened and oily as are the SDA kind. BUT... if you are really brave... and go to the "up-scale" aisles, you'll be able to find some that are just even more tasty (IMO) and that have considerably less carbs calories and sugar.

Be brave... explore.... your body will thank you.... lol.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 12 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 12 2007, 02:15 AM) *
Ergo: www.savedbynuttybars.org

See? Every time your rumbly tumbly ingests a delicious batch of masticated nuttybar, you saved a lost soul from the non-eternal torments of the not-the-hell. God rest your not-a-soul.

Come on now, beartrap... everybody knows that Nutty bars and swiss rolls will send you straight to hell... salvation is only found in oatmeal creme pies... but only if you buy and eat the whole box ( they're little and it takes a lot to save some of our respective heathen souls to be safe rather than sorry, eat the whole box )

Swap those puppies out with the communion matzoh and watch attendance soar... changing the grape juice to 2% milk would have to be a board decision tho...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 12 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 12 2007, 09:32 AM) *
Come on now, beartrap... everybody knows that Nutty bars and swiss rolls will send you straight to hell... salvation is only found in oatmeal creme pies... but only if you buy and eat the whole box ( they're little and it takes a lot to save some of our respective heathen souls to be safe rather than sorry, eat the whole box )

Swap those puppies out with the communion matzoh and watch attendance soar... changing the grape juice to 2% milk would have to be a board decision tho...

In His service,
Mr. J

I will agree that Swiss Rolls are the wheels on which many poor souls will ride to eternal damnation, but Nutty Bars exemplify all that we embrace.

- Most of the nuts have been ground into a pleasing creamy texture and sweetened to make them more than pallatable.
- There are still plenty of nuts that remain nutty and coarse.
- There are wafers that provide body and give the nuts something structured to cling to.
- The whole thing is presented in a very thin veneer of chocolate meant to make it appear like all the other candybars.
- To make them healthy one can baptize them in a glass of soy milk.

As to Oatmeal Cream Pies, they are a balanced breakfast: oatmeal and milk all in one convenient package. Also, the oatmeal is not slimy. However, you and I have arrived at a theological schism. The oatmeal doctrine of salvation through baptism in 2% milk fails to reveal the homogenized nature of what you are taking in. Are we supposed to be distinct and seperate? Furthermore, if one examines closely it's origins, you will find the heresy of mastitis subtly infesting your theology. Also, there is no structure to an oatmeal cream pie. They fall apart easily and can be shaped by any purveyor of falshood into any shape.

I eagerly await your rebuttal.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 12 2007, 12:43 PM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 12 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

To make a oatmeal cream pie "healthy" for you just smear a layer of peanut butter on em. Yum.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 12 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 12 2007, 11:41 AM) *
I will agree that Swiss Rolls are the wheels on which many poor souls will ride to eternal damnation, but Nutty Bars exemplify all that we embrace.

- Most of the nuts have been ground into a pleasing creamy texture and sweetened to make them more than pallatable.
- There are still plenty of nuts that remain nutty and coarse.
- There are wafers that provide body and give the nuts something structured to cling to.
- The whole thing is presented in a very thin veneer of chocolate meant to make it appear like all the other candybars.
- To make them healthy one can baptize them in a glass of soy milk.

As to Oatmeal Cream Pies, they are a balanced breakfast: oatmeal and milk all in one convenient package. Also, the oatmeal is not slimy. However, you and I have arrived at a theological schism. The oatmeal doctrine of salvation through baptism in 2% milk fails to reveal the homogenized nature of what you are taking in. Are we supposed to be distinct and seperate? Furthermore, if one examines closely it's origins, you will find the heresy of mastitis subtly infesting your theology. Also, there is no structure to an oatmeal cream pie. They fall apart easily and can be shaped by any purveyor of falshood into any shape.

I eagerly await your rebuttal.

Beartrap,

Dear, you are honing your grasp of verbal artistry to such exciting new levels! I'm so proud of you I'm almost tempted to break my sugar fast and take a Nutty Bar to church with me next Sabbath!!!

In Awe,

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 12 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 12 2007, 09:32 AM) *

In His service,
Mr. J

I will quickly address the matter of matzoh crackers. Just crumble them, and mix about 1 cup of the crumbs with 2 eggs and 2 Tbsp of oil. Place the mix in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to chill. Put a pan with around 3 quarts of chicken stock (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) on the stove to boil. Take the mix out of the fridge and form it into balls around 1 inch in diameter. Drop them in the boiling chicken stock, and let them boil for 20-30 minutes. Serve and eat. You may accompany the matzoh ball soup with a white grape drink if you wish.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 12 2007, 04:12 PM

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jul 12 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

incredibly amazing... no matter the topic... this group can bring it around to food sooner or later...

awsum fixated bunch we are!!

oh yes, before i forget...
thank you so much, runner4him, for that wonderful tasty granola recipe...

except... i'll try it with carrot juice smile.gif

This post has been edited by roxe: Jul 12 2007, 09:32 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church