Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13986&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:09:29 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King David, Would you all do the same to him?
mikemike
post Jun 30 2007, 03:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,446

doh.gif

This post has been edited by mikemike: Jan 2 2008, 01:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daylily
post Jun 30 2007, 04:32 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

When Nathan came to him and confronted him, he said "I have sinned". He didn't mealy-mouth around and say, "Everybody makes mistakes, I'm human. I've made mistakes, there are things I would have done differently", etc.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 30 2007, 04:50 AM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(mikemike @ Jun 30 2007, 03:58 AM) [snapback]202112[/snapback]

I was thinking about how King David would fair with this group. 2guns.gif Would you set-up a site called saveHebrewkings.com? no.gif Would you say that King David had to quit due to his sins? flirt.gif Well if you would not do it to him then why? doh.gif

Well, if King David took my wife, Bathsheba, and had me killed, how David would fair with me is something I wouldn't have to really think about, now would I?

David, a man of war, was not to build the First Temple. That task was given to his son Solomon, although David drew up the plans.

If I follow your analogy I have to acknowledge that someone other than King David came along to do the building.

I also have to note that David showed contrition and repentence as daylily has mentioned.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jun 30 2007, 05:05 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 30 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(mikemike @ Jun 30 2007, 04:58 AM) [snapback]202112[/snapback]

I was thinking about how King David would fair with this group. 2guns.gif Would you set-up a site called saveHebrewkings.com? no.gif Would you say that King David had to quit due to his sins? flirt.gif Well if you would not do it to him then why? doh.gif

since it seems as though the question begs a stroll into the twilight zone let's ask this question, "How would Danny Shelton and 3abn fair if Ellen White were alive?" or, "How would Danny Shelton and 3abn fair if Jesus strolled by for a visit?"

Let's imagine that conversation:

Danny: welcome to the 3abn complex Jesus, glad you came!

Jesus: thanks for having me. Where's your wife?

Danny: ummmmm......

then maybe the sound of crickets would be heard? dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 30 2007, 05:55 AM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Yup if he refused to repent I bet we would have. And would that have been a bad thing? Would it have achieved results like this and other sites appear to have? (After all the plane is supposedly gone)

Daylily and Panama Pete excelent answers. Enjoyed them both.

Richard

QUOTE(mikemike @ Jun 30 2007, 05:58 AM) [snapback]202112[/snapback]

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 30 2007, 06:03 AM
Post #6

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(mikemike @ Jun 30 2007, 03:58 AM) [snapback]202112[/snapback]

King David was the king, the civil leader of Israel. He was not the High Priest, or spiritual leader.

The standards for a person who is a spiritual leader should be higher than the standards for someone who is a civil leader.

This post has been edited by Observer: Jun 30 2007, 06:04 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 30 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(mikemike @ Jun 30 2007, 02:58 AM) [snapback]202112[/snapback]

Most of us would rejoice that King David listened to the wise counsel of his Nathan and had set the example for the rest of us.

Perhaps a more realistic hypothetical would be, how would someone like Kellogg fair with this group. Calvin, in his wisdom, would likely allow a Sanitarium Forum and, yes, we'd probably have a site called savebattlecreek.com.

Simply because some have likened Danny to King David doesn't make it so. I just wonder what Naomi and Ruth would think about that comparison?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 30 2007, 07:01 AM
Post #8

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(mikemike @ Jun 30 2007, 06:58 AM) [snapback]202112[/snapback]

Let me make this very clear... Danny Shelton is not a type of Christ, by any stretch of the imagination, yet he did try to pull what Adam did. Danny blamed GOD by saying, before a world wide audience, it is the fault of the woman "you gave me" Lord. BIG difference. He did not man up after it was clear to everyone that he was wrong. Danny did, and continues to, pass the buck. blink.gif

Also, unlike David, Danny, without ANY true remorse, put his business out in the street then attempted, after putting it before the people, to present his foolish behavior as upright, above reproach and acceptable by biblical standards, rather than what it was. Something one needs wading boots to get through as they try to comprehend it. In other words God is not only to blame but, seeing that He is to blame, God has sanctioned the current relationship Danny is in. ohmy.gif

And finally, not one person on BSDA who sees this for what it is, has done any more than ask Danny to be the upstanding man of God, he claims to be, and speak the truth, as openly as he spoke the lies, rather than continue to attempt to cover up his obvious mess. Nope, nobody here is going be made his scape goat either. nono.gif

Danny has more drama going on than Madea, due to his own PUBLIC behavior, not due to anything anyone here has said or done.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jun 30 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

The word "save" implies something or someone is lost, or appears to be lost--according to the saver's impression anyway. When Jesus said, "The Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost," lost included sinners, money collectors, adulterers, or anyone who was spiritually blind or deaf.

Jesus wept over the loss of his own people because they refused to comprehend the light. God tries to save anyone that is lost, or appears to be lost (anyone who acknowledges it anyway). So I wouldn't question someone who is trying to save 3abn. They do appear to be losing more than just money.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 30 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

The responses here on bsda are so RIGHT ON, such as Seraphim7. I thank God, for seeing HIS PEOPLE here on bsda are calling SIN, SIN! Ds is an Achan among us, and how long did he last?

For those who find it good to defend such corruption may not be a good thing to do. It appears that ds is living in open sin, but I might be mistaken. Did not ds do what Jesus warned about in Mt 19:9 not to do? “Anyone who divorces his wife, except for adultery, and marries another woman commits adultery.” Therefore, can we see that ds is living in open sin? Just a question.

Did not John the Baptist rebuke King Herod for taking another man's wife? Is it possible we have here the same kind of a thing, when it appears that ds may have lusted after another much younger woman to soon after replace his wife, Linda with? Just asking, smile.gif

This post has been edited by mikell: Jun 30 2007, 05:11 PM

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jun 30 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Jun 30 2007, 07:01 AM) [snapback]202126[/snapback]

Let me make this very clear... Danny Shelton is not a type of Christ, by any stretch of the imagination, yet he did try to pull what Adam did. Danny blamed GOD by saying, before a world wide audience, it is the fault of the woman "you gave me" Lord. BIG difference. He did not man up after it was clear to everyone that he was wrong. Danny did, and continues to, pass the buck. blink.gif

Also, unlike David, Danny, without ANY true remorse, put his business out in the street then attempted, after putting it before the people, to present his foolish behavior as upright, above reproach and acceptable by biblical standards, rather than what it was. Something one needs wading boots to get through as they try to comprehend it. In other words God is not only to blame but, seeing that He is to blame, God has sanctioned the current relationship Danny is in. ohmy.gif

And finally, not one person on BSDA who sees this for what it is, has done any more than ask Danny to be the upstanding man of God, he claims to be, and speak the truth, as openly as he spoke the lies, rather than continue to attempt to cover up his obvious mess. Nope, nobody here is going be made his scape goat either. nono.gif

Danny has more drama going on than Madea, due to his own PUBLIC behavior, not due to anything anyone here has said or done.

thumbsup.gif clapping.gif happydance.gif thumbup.gif yahoo.gif wow.gif signthankspin.gif
Thank you, thank you, thank you! That post is right on the mark.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Treniece
post Jun 30 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,353

I wonder what does Danny's present wife think about his previous marriage. She is so new in the s.d.a. faith.

Should we liken him to King David. Those making negative comments about him would rather him to be liken as King Saul.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 30 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Treniece @ Jun 30 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]202177[/snapback]

I wonder what does Danny's present wife think about his previous marriage. She is so new in the s.d.a. faith.

Should we liken him to King David. Those making negative comments about him would rather him to be liken as King Saul.

That DS is identified with any king is beyond me! He is not and never will be a King!

At the current time, he is not following the True God's will for sure, so we can not think of him as a church leader. He is not.

Danny complained that Joy and Pickle should have come to him as a brother. Pickle and Joy followed the scriptures to the letter. They did their part as commanded in Matthew. Now Danny is currently suing his brother. He did NOT follow the advice in Matthew that he had previously demanded from Pickle and Joy? No, he did not!

He is definitely NOT the anointed one. He is NOT God. He is NOT a king of anything. He has lost control and is out for blood, IMO.

In fact, IMO, this is much like a spoiled brat battling to get his own way. He is sore because someone has challenged his authority.

So should we liken him to David? NO
Should we liken him to Saul? NO
What should he be compared to in my opinion? The roaring lion seeking whom he may devour!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jun 30 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(mikemike @ Jun 30 2007, 01:58 AM) [snapback]202112[/snapback]

Hey Mike, seems that so many people like Vernon Howell, and others, want to be "David" to us.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 1 2007, 12:52 PM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 2 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Looks like DS... oops... mikemike lost this round again... boxing.gif

Oh well... good try.

Time to try again. blink.gif Good luck next time.

I agree with all the wonderful insightful intelligent thoughtful remarks.
Danny a king? rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:09 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church