Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13986&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:16 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King David, Would you all do the same to him?
runner4him
post Jul 3 2007, 04:19 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(mikemike @ Jun 30 2007, 04:58 AM) [snapback]202112[/snapback]

I was thinking about how King David would fair with this group. 2guns.gif Would you set-up a site called saveHebrewkings.com? no.gif Would you say that King David had to quit due to his sins? flirt.gif Well if you would not do it to him then why? doh.gif

You HAVE to making a joke! Where did you come up with this idea..... comparing DS with King David?? You have missed the point of it all. This is not a joking matter but you have painted a very funny picture .......DS being a king. roflmao.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 3 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

She didn't think much of it since she started out datin' a married man! Then once he got unmurried she didn't make him handle his buisness before she jumped the broom with him.

Look, I really do feel sorry for Brandy, and is no different than any other woman just tryin' to find a good man. However, she has made a string a bad decisions in this respect, and Danny is just the latest. I think Jesus would be saying to her, " you have had __ husbands and the one you are with now is not yours".
yes.gif

QUOTE(Treniece @ Jun 30 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]202177[/snapback]

I wonder what does Danny's present wife think about his previous marriage. She is so new in the s.d.a. faith.

Should we liken him to King David. Those making negative comments about him would rather him to be liken as King Saul.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 3 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

she jumped the broom

Princessdi

giggle.gif rofl1.gif happydance.gif

thanks for the giggle

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Jul 3 2007, 08:49 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 3 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 3 2007, 06:19 AM) [snapback]202575[/snapback]

You HAVE to making a joke! Where did you come up with this idea..... comparing DS with King David?? You have missed the point of it all. This is not a joking matter but you have painted a very funny picture .......DS being a king. roflmao.gif

Ummmm..... scratchchin.gif .... lessee now.... just where DID we come up with comparing DS to Kind David?...... Maybe it was first seen in the emails he wrote to Johann... and others.... in which he compared himself to David and Moses..... or.... maybe it was on one of thse notworthy.gif type TV shows... where his "court" took turns and alternated between likening him to one Bible character or another..... or maybe.... dunno.gif ... doesn't make much difference anyhow.... it's been "blowin' in the wind" for so long we've just sorta gotten used to it..... dosn't fit, of course, but who are we to point that out to those who have been making that claim all through the years..... uhm.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 4 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 4 2007, 05:25 AM) *
Ummmm..... scratchchin.gif .... lessee now.... just where DID we come up with comparing DS to Kind David?...... Maybe it was first seen in the emails he wrote to Johann... and others.... in which he compared himself to David and Moses..... or.... maybe it was on one of thse notworthy.gif type TV shows... where his "court" took turns and alternated between likening him to one Bible character or another..... or maybe.... dunno.gif ... doesn't make much difference anyhow.... it's been "blowin' in the wind" for so long we've just sorta gotten used to it..... dosn't fit, of course, but who are we to point that out to those who have been making that claim all through the years..... uhm.gif

Having a hard time replying, but now I figured out how it works. . .

Yes, it was Danny himself identifying with king David. Take it for what its worth.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 4 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Alexander Campbell: "In this country we have no kings and no king-craft. We are not, therefore, afraid to laugh at the impious and vain pretensions of the allied sovereigns. But in this country we have priests and priestcraft, and therefore many tremble to lisp a word against priests and priestcraft." (Chris. Bap. 1, p. 88)

Alexander Campbell: "Human creeds have made more heretics than Christians, more parties than reformations, more martyrs than saints, more wars than peace, more hatred than love, more death than life." (Campbell-Rice Debate, p. 765)

Thomas Jefferson: "It is in our lives, and not from our words, that our religion must be read. By the same test the world must judge me. But this does not satisfy the priesthood. They must have a positive, a declared assent to all their interested absurdities." (Cousins, p. 147)

Thomas Jefferson: "The Presbyterian clergy are loudest, the most intolerant of all sects, the most tyrannical and ambitious; ready at the word of the lawgiver, if such a word could be now obtained, to put the torch to the pile, and to rekindle in this virgin hemisphere, the flames in which their oracle Calvin consumed the poor Servetus, because he could not find in his Euclid the proposition which has demonstrated that three are one and one is three, nor subscribe to that of Calvin, that magistrates have a right to exterminate all heretics to Calvinistic Creed. They want to re-establish, by law, that holy inquisition, which they can only infuse into public opinion." (Cousins, p. 151)

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 4 2007, 05:18 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 4 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 4 2007, 04:07 PM) *
Alexander Campbell: "In this country we have no kings and no king-craft. We are not, therefore, afraid to laugh at the impious and vain pretensions of the allied sovereigns. But in this country we have priests and priestcraft, and therefore many tremble to lisp a word against priests and priestcraft." (Chris. Bap. 1, p. 88)

Alexander Campbell: "Human creeds have made more heretics than Christians, more parties than reformations, more martyrs than saints, more wars than peace, more hatred than love, more death than life." (Campbell-Rice Debate, p. 765)

Thomas Jefferson: "It is in our lives, and not from our words, that our religion must be read. By the same test the world must judge me. But this does not satisfy the priesthood. They must have a positive, a declared assent to all their interested absurdities." (Cousins, p. 147)

Thomas Jefferson: "The Presbyterian clergy are loudest, the most intolerant of all sects, the most tyrannical and ambitious; ready at the word of the lawgiver, if such a word could be now obtained, to put the torch to the pile, and to rekindle in this virgin hemisphere, the flames in which their oracle Calvin consumed the poor Servetus, because he could not find in his Euclid the proposition which has demonstrated that three are one and one is three, nor subscribe to that of Calvin, that magistrates have a right to exterminate all heretics to Calvinistic Creed. They want to re-establish, by law, that holy inquisition, which they can only infuse into public opinion." (Cousins, p. 151)

Beartrap,

Where's that standing "o" smilie for Alexander Campbell!!!! TJ's words were right on as well. Just hope the guy finally took them all to heart before he left us.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 6 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 4 2007, 03:56 PM) *
Yes, it was Danny himself identifying with king David. Take it for what its worth.

And David lost how many sons in judgment for his sin? A sin he repented of?

Just an observation ...

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 6 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

OK? Not to mention the rape of his daughter, and a heap of other consequences.
QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 6 2007, 04:22 PM) *
And David lost how many sons in judgment for his sin? A sin he repented of?

Just an observation ...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
howdy
post Jul 6 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jul 2 2007, 07:29 PM) *
Looks like DS... oops... mikemike lost this round again... boxing.gif

Oh well... good try.

Time to try again. blink.gif Good luck next time.

I agree with all the wonderful insightful intelligent thoughtful remarks.
Danny a king? rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

Rosyroi

Is mikemike actually MP then?

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 6 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(howdy @ Jul 6 2007, 07:51 PM) *
Is mikemike actually MP then?

I don't know who mikemike really is. We aren't supposed to be guessing someone else's identity but it is nice to play with newbies who do make strange comments.

I don't know what the initials MP stand for but will try to guess...

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Jul 6 2007, 09:09 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jul 7 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 4 2007, 04:56 PM) *

That is so delusional...him identifying himself. There was a layman in the LDS Church (I forget his name) but DS may be a little like him...and that's about it.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
howdy
post Jul 7 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jul 6 2007, 10:08 PM) *
I don't know who mikemike really is. We aren't supposed to be guessing someone else's identity but it is nice to play with newbies who do make strange comments.

I don't know what the initials MP stand for but will try to guess...

Rosyroi

Thank you Rosyroi. If you have difficulty guessing just ignore it! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 10 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jul 7 2007, 03:55 PM) *
That is so delusional...him identifying himself. There was a layman in the LDS Church (I forget his name) but DS may be a little like him...and that's about it.

If David could get away with adultery and murder, and God could still use him, why not me?

How about David's repentance? Can I get away without that part?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jul 11 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

I think it was Paul who said God called David a man after His own heart...of course that was before his problems began. God probably still used him after his big sin, but who knows...his usefulness may have been severely limited after becoming NOT a man after God's own heart...if you catch my drift.

Repentance. If it came from the heart he probably had no more use for new wives, right?

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church