Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14228&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:28:24 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Giving Down At Amazing Facts
rwelchcrs
post Jul 18 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,252

QUOTE(maggiecttr @ Jul 17 2007, 02:50 PM) *
I received a form letter today from Amazing Facts. It's similar to those I receive frequently; this time, it was about the Here We Stand revival series, etc. Anyway, the following caught my eye:
"I'm sorry to say that giving to Amazing Facts has been down recently...." It goes on to say this is likely due to the price of gas, medicine, and food.

Hmmm...I know I haven't given like I used to since the announcement of the merger.

Maggie

I remember learning something in an advertising class I took at Andrews years ago, that statistics show that if one person is known for taking a certain action in response to advertising or publicity, whether good or bad, that person represents 100 others who have done the same.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 19 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Jul 19 2007, 02:58 AM) *
I remember learning something in an advertising class I took at Andrews years ago, that statistics show that if one person is known for taking a certain action in response to advertising or publicity, whether good or bad, that person represents 100 others who have done the same.

Does that indicate that a number of people share our opinions here on BSDA?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 19 2007, 06:38 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 18 2007, 02:15 PM) *
Never said it was right, just that it makes logical sense, especially from a monetary point of view.

Richard

Only if one is conformed to this world...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 19 2007, 06:55 AM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 19 2007, 06:31 AM) *

General question: does anyone know how much 3ABN is down in donations? I've heard 50%, I've heard $3 million, but I don't know which is correct. I just know they're hurting ....

Calvin said somewhere around here that he ought to charge people just for coming and having a look ...

I suspect most of the people who stick around, want to know what's going on, and have stopped giving. People who want to support Danny don't want this information and will try to ignore it, unless of course Danny asks them to protest for him.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jul 19 2007, 06:59 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 19 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 19 2007, 07:55 AM) *
People who want to support Danny don't want this information and will try to ignore it, unless of course Danny asks them to protest for him.

and maybe if they see 3ABN as their perpetual meal ticket?

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 19 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

I suppose this means there are possibly two camps.

One camp is those who believe with all their heart that the person talking to them every day on live television is a close friend and whatever that person says is truth and everyone else is just gossiping against these nice people and agree to give more and more money as they hear the request to donate. TVsnack.gif

The other camp is those who listen and wonder what is going on and are not satisfied with what they are hearing on TV, email and letters because what they hear doesn't ring true no matter who is saying it. These folk ask questions and seek the answers from several different avenues. sad.gif

Of course there is another camp... the 3ABN compound that try very hard to suppress the truth in any means possible (no matter the cost) they can come up with. 2guns.gif

I have found another camp... those who could care less one way or the other. sleep3.gif

JMHO

rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 19 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 19 2007, 05:31 AM) *

Well, evidently not the "two highest-ranking Adventist executives in North America".

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 19 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

The fact of the matter is that it is Danny and his camp that are perpetuating all of this talk and thus the giving is down. The lawsuit was just plain out and out stupid. It is bringing all kinds of publicity to his critics, especially when he talks about it on TV. Danny has, it seems, gone out of his way to sabotage his own organization.

Richard

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 19 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 19 2007, 07:40 PM) *
The fact of the matter is that it is Danny and his camp that are perpetuating all of this talk and thus the giving is down. The lawsuit was just plain out and out stupid. It is bringing all kinds of publicity to his critics, especially when he talks about it on TV. Danny has, it seems, gone out of his way to sabotage his own organization.

Richard

I only wish the donors knew that the monies they are giving are going to pay for the law suit.......out of the mouth of the horse or so I have heard.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 19 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 19 2007, 08:40 PM) *

Richard

IMO, this lawsuit is to hide facts that Joy and Pickle have gathered documented evidence against Danny and 3ABN! It is that, pure and simple. They will get line by line impounded. Maybe even word by word. That is why they are paying the BIG bucks. They want to hide what is real.

Today I have really been harassed. I have previously lost computers and hard drives and taken it. I haven't accused anyone, even though I believe I know from whence it came. My line has been tapped, however, I no longer hear the click on the phone. It stopped once I aired it to the public. I have ordered 3 firewalls routers to put between any access and my computer. You will have to get through those before anyone can get to my system. I have an appointment with officials to investigate my being harassed electronically. I just want to let you know what happened to me today. I want 3ABN to know! Be careful and watch your email.

I stopped sending and receiving email into Outlook because I was well aware that my computer was/is being monitored! I have been going out to the email server, on line, to read my mail. There were about 7-8 emails for me to read after I eliminated all the Spam. (Of which I listed as Spam) I was left with about 7-8 real emails. As I read one email I was expecting, the site refreshed to bring in new mail. It does that every so often. I knew what it was doing. I look and WOW, I had about 15 or more emails from two very important people. I went to the last email which was the first one received. This way I would read them in the order they were received.

Remember that I am on the SERVER and NOT in any program on my computer. I read one email and was 1/2 way through the second, and the page was refreshing again to show new mail. This time the screen went white, and it came back with the 7-8 emails I was reading when it was refreshed before. This time it made all those emails that had just arrived, disappear!

I went to another SERVER on another website where I have email and asked these people to send the email back if they received the message. I got a response from both parties, but no repeats of the emails. I had asked them to resend all the emails to the new address. I had 28 emails in my inbox when I sent the test, before receiving email from anyone. About 10 of those were from White Horse Ministry and the others were from my sister-in-law.

I went back to my regular mail server and started the process of reporting what had happened. About every 10 minutes or so, I went back to the other mail server to check mail there. Two times I check and the 28 emails were still there and nothing new.

Back to the regular server and I was moved to a supervisor and to another area getting closer to security. I went the 3rd time to see if any mail had come in. My inbox was empty! All 28 messages were gone. Zero, Zilch, Nada!

All of this in one day! From ONLINE SERVERS NO LESS, and NOT MY COMPUTER! Enough is enough! I have had it. It is time the authorities got involved. The media needs to be contacted. I guess I am going to be busy for the next few days. I have a contact with CBS. I am going to use it. If there are those that have a reasonable reason I should not, please PM and tell me why.

Now I read the GC and NAD are behind the merger after reading that a letter before said just the opposite. It is time to stop this nonsense. NOW! They are liars and just as bad as Danny is, imo.

If the church sees nothing, and Doug Bachelor sees nothing, and they are just too busy to read save3ABN.com, so be it. The world WILL listen! .

John Carter:

I know John Carter. I saw that program too. I just didn't mention it last week. It was last Thursday's 3ABN Today. I did a lot of laughing.

He was our pastor! Funny? Yes! He is NOT a pastor! John Carter is a John Carter man. Does his message save souls? Yes. There were a lot of baptisms, but you can count very quickly the ones that are still with the church.

The church was in great financial shape before he came. There was a $30,000+ evangelism fund and Savings of the same amount. That lasted John a few minutes.

He found some property off of the main freeway on the top of a hill over looking Fort Worth and Arlington. There was a pink house on the property that readily identified the location. There was no access to the property. The stipulation was that the church had to give $10,000 earnest money, plus they had to build access roads to the property before it could be developed. Many members wanted to find a more reasonable property. John wanted a very large congregation. Like in the thousands! You know, like what he has now. It was here that he started the Carter Report.

John ran through the evangelism and savings funds fast! He had to have more, more, more! The church had to raise a lot of money to make the down payment on the land. It did not come in. He said he had to leave because our church was too poor to do John Carter's mighty work! thumbdown.gif

He left, leaving the church heavily in debt. It has never recovered from John Carter. All those baptisms went there own way back into the world. He never had a relationship with his members. He was not a people person. He has to have grateful followers. If you follow him unquestioningly, he will praise you in public and stoke you every chance he gets. If you disagree, that is your problem. He dismissed those with concerns.

The church ended up in the red and stays about $40,000-$60,000 in the hole all the time. I checked the books and the history. John Carter left a church in an upheaval! From last I heard, they have yet to recover! It has been about 20 years now. I can guarantee that John Carter got something out of that show for sure. He was not there just because Danny is so great. He gained what he needed! Money! You know, Gas Prices “are” UP!

It reaffirms the fact that everyone has a price for which they can be bought. Praise God, He has already purchased me with his blood! That was the price for me. He paid the ultimate price and gave me the rewards I do not deserve.

See why I didn’t mention the program. One ministry is all I can stomach at a time!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 20 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

I have ordered a new computer with special, intense, security added. I couldn't afford it and had to charge it. My son is the IT person for a very large university. He has received their permission to set up even more security. I am having a drive big enough for all of my programs and saving everything to external drives. This way I can turn the drives on and off. I will be paying for this for a very long, long time! I imagine the person responsible is very please with themselves.

They won't be so proud when exposed.

The paperwork is in the channels for me to fill out to make reports out for the investigators.

The beat goes on!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 20 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

See if you can get a RAID array. If one drive crashes, you'll still have the other. Your son will know all about it.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 20 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Yes, he has mentioned that. He selected the 2 devices I bought and he has something else. Thanks. Do you have RAID array?

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 20 2007, 05:15 PM) *
See if you can get a RAID array. If one drive crashes, you'll still have the other. Your son will know all about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 20 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Yes, I have one.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 21 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 20 2007, 03:40 AM) *

Richard

Let's pray earnestly that some change will take place, and that soon. And let us do our part too, whe God calls us for service.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church