Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14315&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:11:48 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hope Channel's New Newsletter Snippets
watchbird
post Aug 24 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #91

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 24 2007, 01:43 AM) *
My $0.02 ... the post on Blanchard was helpful, but it really reminded me of the save3abn post on Larry Romrell ... informative in some respects, but really peripheral to known issues ... All our channels ought to strive for high levels of biblical integrity, no matter where that takes us; and the leaders of the organizations ought to be free of any appearances of evil. dunno.gif

............. scratchchin.gif ............or was it...... dunno.gif.........

Can we still spell *D*I*V*E*R*S*I*O*N*.... uhm.gif.............

Anyhow... the real question on the HOPE channel programin is "Who are the individuals being interviewed?"

It is to be expected that success, goalsetting, and/or motivational speakers attempt to couch their advice in terms that will be meaningful to those of all religious beliefs... or of none... whatever their personal belief system is. It is also true that new age concepts of spirituality and god have infiltrated and combined with Christian congregations so that they are appropriately seen as being a foreign brand of "Christianity".

It is also true that there are self-labeled "Christian cult watchers" who find a new age demon lurking in every sermon and every church other than their own... and sometimes even in their own. So I think it was very relevant to draw attention to what the site which was so negative on Blanchard has to say about Seventh-day Adventists. Having done a great deal of new age research myself, I am well aware of how easy it is to find incrmiinating evidence against a lot of people... some of whom are guilty as charged... but others who are innocent or even actively working against the very thing of which they are charged.

I think if anyone was REALLY interested in whether HOPE was making a wise move in using him, they would have first contacted HOPE to learn their opinion of the man... how familiar they were with the whole scope of his work and writings... and whether they realized using him would bring negative publicity of this kind.... and precisely what it was caused them to choose him to do their interviewing, who would be interviewed... and have they investigated his own materials enough to have made a judgement on whether people watching him on HOPE would be led to his own materials and if so whether they might be led astray.

In all of this, I think we should remember the biblical saying that ALL good things comes from God the Father.... no matter when they are found mixed with things that are not of God.... and along with that remeber that Paul quoted from the pagan writers of his day.... apparently with no worry that he might be giving them undue publicity and thus allow them to lead his converts astray.

I think we should also remember Ellen's more explicit statements along these same lines.

And along with all of this I think we should remember the nature of truth.... as a sharp two-edged sword... which cuts... separates... not truth from error.... but error from error.... the blade itself is the truth.

And applying all this to what I found in my own new age research, I think that means that we can expect to find the same phrases, vocabularies, practices.... terminologies in general... used in biblical Christianity, in contaminated Christianity, and in non-Christian "spiritualities". It takes the context to tell what any speaker means when he uses the phrase. And that is the biggy problem with the type of review that was posted here.... there is no context so we can determine for ourselves how Blanchard used each of the phrases the reviewer found objectionable. So we do not know whether his material in its wholeness is predominately good sound common sense and biblically compatible so as to be suitable for use by Christians... or whether it is what the negative reviewer tries to make it seem.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 24 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #92

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 23 2007, 04:26 PM) *
The current version of Hope TV website contains the following announcement (since Hope has a rotating story format on their front page, it may not come up the first time you access the page, however, after a site search I discovered the content below is all that is said about this new program on the site):
--------
Leadership By the Book
Well-known business author and motivational speaker, Ken Blanchard is the host for this series of thirteen half-hour programs that looks at the intersection of faith and commerce. Each episode profiles one influential person in a business leadership role who shares how their journey of faith has made a difference in their approach to work, to managing people, to their business ethics and values, and interpersonal relationships.

Ken Blanchard is co-author of “The One-Minute Manager”, one of the best-selling business books of all time. He’s recognized worldwide for his ability to motivate managers and for helping companies to focus on ethics in defining their mission. “Leadership by the Book” also features co-host Nicole Johnson who introduces and provides background packages on each guest.
---------

When doing a Google search on Blanchard the second (non-commercial) link contains the following for consideration and serious discussion on the programming choice process at Hope TV:
*snipped for brevity's sake*

Ok... so... based on the rantings of someone who pretty much hates everyone in visible ministry who doesn't believe exactly as he does and who has seriously ill opinions of this church, Hope is wrong for putting Ken Blanchard on the air... but it's totally ok for 3ABN to put a sexual predator not only on the air but in a position where he has access to children and for them to run interference for said sexual predator to keep him beyond the reach of the local constabulary... in several localities...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Thanks for clearing that up...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:11 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church