Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14965&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:04:30 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The General Conference Afraid Of Blacksda?
Musashi
post Sep 5 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #151

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,291

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 1 2007, 06:42 AM) *
Well, it seems that we are expanding our discussion to issues beyond 3-ABN. O.K. I am NOT attempting to control what people post. smile.gif

As to the Biblical record:

What was the purpose in the mind of that ancient Biblical writter when he recorded those genealogies? Was that purpose to give us a time-line, or was it to demonstrate relationships? Are we reading our 21st cent. cultural perception of genealogies that give us time-lines into an ancient culture that felt that reltationships were more important? How do we deal with the realilty that there is a class of texts which give us an expanded genealogy that adds several thousand years to the listing that we have in the Bible the we typically read?

As to Ellen White:

One fundamental question is whether or not Ellen White in her 6,000 year statements depended upon God revealing that to her in a vision, or whether or not Ellen White relied up-on the work of Archbishp Usher. Another question is: What was the fundamental focus of those passages in EGW? Were they focused on telling us about a 6,000 year time for creation? Or, were they telling us that God created, in contrast to evolution which denied that God created?

NOTE: I am a creationist who believes that God created in a 7 day period of time, but I do reject a 6,000 year time line.

In might be of interest to us to see how other conservative creationists have percieved EGWs 6,000 year statements. I do not equate the White Estate with God. But, I will note that her grandson ( A. White) clearly taught in the class I took from him at Andrews that EGWs 6,000 years statements should not be seen as having been revealed to her in a vision. He agreed that her focus was on God creating in contrast to the issue of evolution.

Bob, in my mind, your certainty that both the Bible and EGW make a claim for a 6,000 year time period is subject to challenge.

I will suggest that the major issue here is not defending what we may believe to be a 6,000 year time period. Rather it is an open mind to what the Bible actually teaches. Some may believe that it teaches a 6,000 time period. I do not. The issue then is: Are you and I both open to a change in understanding in what the Bible actually teaches. All of us must be open to the leading of the H.S., even it leads us to a p;osition that differes from what we have held.

Last Wednesday I was talking to a Conference President,on a different subject. He commentd that he appreciated a positon that I had taken on an issue. My resposne was: I can change my mind.

I have a number of beliefs in regard to what I beleive the Bible teaches in regard to creation, and more. I hope that I remain open to further light and understanding, if I am wrong.

Since you have given such clear information in past posts that I have enjoyed, allow me to add some to help you keep that wonderfully open mind.

Motochondrial DNA research initially revealed that all humans descended from one set of parents. No problem for evolutionists on that point, but what was a problem was the mutation rate. It indicated a timeframe for this set of parents to have been alive at less time that evolutionary scientists would ever dream of or allow for in their ideas of origins, 200,000 years. More shocking yet was when further research was done and the mutation rate was found to be faster than initially believed. Taking into account the discovered mutation rates for mitochondrial dna, the common matrilineal ancestor would have existed sometime within a range of the past 10,000-6,000 years, not only shocking for evolutionists, but patently unexceptable, and thus they categorically deny the evidence and try to discredit it with more pseudoscience.
Richard Gentry's research as well as that of others into Pulonium 218 halos also indicate that all of the granite on the planet formed solid in a timeframe less than 3 minutes due to the half-life of the pulonium 218. Evolutionists also argue that granite is not a Basement or genesis rock, however, their arguments fall apart by the fact that if you do experiments with granite you find that it cannot be manufactured from moltent sources and cannot become granite again once it has been melted down. This itself does not support 6,000 years, but it does support instantaneous fiat creation.

Just a little research info in return for all of the wonderful information you have provided us over time.

--------------------
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
--Henry David Thoreau
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Sep 6 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #152

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

The name of this topic thread is ..
"Is The General Conference Afraid of Blacksda?"

Message # 142 and #148 clearly inferred an off-topic problem that ought to be decided upon. Either closing this thread or moving the irrelavant messages over to a topic thread of it's own. Posting #149 voted for the latter.

However, I see now a breach of protocol as message #151 carried on with the off-topic discussion. Was this rudeness?.... lack of respect to Forum etiquette?
.... or mental foggyness toward the warnings of Clay and Seraphim?
blink.gif

+Quote Post
Musashi
post Sep 6 2007, 04:50 AM
Post #153

Member No.: 4,291

QUOTE(Whitey @ Sep 6 2007, 02:44 AM) *

Message # 142 and #148 clearly inferred an off-topic problem that ought to be decided upon. Either closing this thread or moving the irrelavant messages over to a topic thread of it's own. Posting #149 voted for the latter.

However, I see now a breach of protocol as message #151 carried on with the off-topic discussion. Was this rudeness?.... lack of respect to Forum etiquette?
blink.gif

Sorry Whitey, no offense meant. Haven't been posting long enough to realize I was creating or continuing a problem. Figured there would be some sort of notifier if they actually started a new thread in relation to the bent of the conversation or moved this one over and didn't see any so didn't know it would be a problem to continue posting toward that bent. Sincerest apologies offered, there was no intent toward rudeness or disrespect.

--------------------
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
--Henry David Thoreau

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 6 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #154

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Whitey @ Sep 6 2007, 02:44 AM) *

blink.gif

it was not a warning as such, I just thought the topic had been exhausted.... as it stands now it is just floating along with no specific direction..... so on topic or off, no big deal (to me) for the moment....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 6 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #155

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Musashi @ Sep 6 2007, 05:50 AM) *
Sorry Whitey, no offense meant. Haven't been posting long enough to realize I was creating or continuing a problem. Figured there would be some sort of notifier if they actually started a new thread in relation to the bent of the conversation or moved this one over and didn't see any so didn't know it would be a problem to continue posting toward that bent. Sincerest apologies offered, there was no intent toward rudeness or disrespect.

you're fine, don't stress it..... continue on.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Sep 6 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #156

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

Explained and understood.
wave.gif musashi, all's well that ends well. smiles from me to you.

+Quote Post
Eduard
post Sep 8 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #157

Member No.: 3,727

QUOTE(lurker @ Aug 19 2007, 04:08 PM) *
I googled *sda* and sda is all over the place - alone and in words with very little or no connection to the Seventh-day Adventist Church. How can they patent or trademark something that everybody else is already using and has been using. Especially when it is part of a word like blacksda. It is like trying to trademark "th" anytime you find it in a word.

Lurker:

The acronim "SDA" might as well be the "SOAP AND DETERGENT ASSOCIATION" (which came up in a Google search on *SDA*), as this forum has been quite successful in efforts to clean up the mess
the "founder" of 3ABN has caused.

Eduard

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 8 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #158

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Eduard @ Sep 8 2007, 03:25 PM) *
Lurker:

The acronim "SDA" might as well be the "SOAP AND DETERGENT ASSOCIATION" (which came up in a Google search on *SDA*), as this forum has been quite successful in efforts to clean up the mess
Eduard

welcome(1).gif to BSDA Eduard. I trust you will feel at home here among us.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
BJS
post Sep 8 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #159

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,324

[font=Century Gothic]I have been reading Blacksda for some time now, and have found it very interesting. I must admit I have mainly read the 3ABN posts. There are many versified opinions which are good as long as the Word of God is our guide in all matters. One thing that has troubled me was all of the "negetive" postings about those who term themselves Historic or Independent. I am a third generation SDA and have also been associated with to a greater or lesser degree with some of the Historic organizations. One thing I will make crystal clear is they desire not to be held aloft from the church. There have been meetings within church leadership about how to get rid of these groups. Not because they were teaching SDA truths, but because they were taking money from the SDA couffers. I know for a fact that the money is the bottom line. What makes you a SDA in "regular" standing anyway? Do you know it is if you pay Tithe and that is the bottom line. You make a point about R. Perez and his billboards (who I have never met), and do not mention what he believes or teaches, and if they are Bible and SOP based teachings. The Bible and the SOP talks about laying the sins of Babylon open. We are living in the last moments of earth's history, and I believe it is time to give the Three Angel's Message! We don't hear about the Sanctuary anymore and according to a poll taken most Adventist pastor's don't believe it let along teach it. We don't hear about the type of character that the Bible and the SOP talks about will be allowed into Heaven, our gold card if you will, all by the power and enabling of Jesus Christ! But yet, we're in good and regular church standing. All of this fuss over a name is so elementary. That will never get you into heaven because you are SDA, Seventh-day Adventist. What makes us Seventh-day Adventist is that we hold to the truths delivered to the saints! I think it's time we stop kidding ourselves and realize this was a movement to prepare a people for Jesus's soon coming to receive his long awaited kingdom. I love you all, but I think it's time we start focusing on the major's instead of the minors and include all groups of people that are preaching the 3 Angel's message. There is much behind the scenes that few know about, and I know that is true in many cases. What you are doing in exposing evil should have never come to this. Those in leadership should have speedily taken care of the issue, but when that is not done then the members are "obligated" by God to correct these evils. I believe that most on this forus take this very seriously and you should be commended for that! Have a great day![/font]

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 8 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #160

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

BJS welcome.gif biggrin.gif

Thank you for your insight and reminder of keeping on praying while giving opinions and documentations of what is going on at 3ABN.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 8 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #161

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Eduard @ Sep 8 2007, 06:25 AM) *
Lurker:

Eduard

notworthy.gif Ha ha, Eduard, that was funny!

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 8 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #162

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

BJS, Welcome to BSDA!!!

Thank you for your thoughtful perspective! You have made some very important points!

What is very refreshing is to see you affirm that this forum has done something that should have been handled by leadership long before this.

PeacefulSDA

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:04 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church