Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15223&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:09:31 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don Schneider Expresses Support For 3abn
Artiste
post Sep 7 2007, 01:49 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

On the September 6 3ABN Live program that introduced Jim Gilley as the new president and CEO of 3ABN, a letter from Don Schneider, president of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, was read stating that he gave his support to 3ABN and joined the Administration and Board among others in praying for 3ABN.

I believe that most of us here on BlackSDA can say that we have hoped for the best for 3ABN's future in spreading the gospel.

However, for this to happen, the alleged problems and corruption of the leadership at 3ABN would need to be resolved. The information that has come to light over the last year has suggested that both the administration and the board are part of the problem at 3ABN.

Don Schneider's assurance that he would be joining 3ABN's administration and board in prayers is a politically safe and outwardly correct sounding statement, but is it an honest way to address the problems there?

The North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists in the person of Don Schneider, president, has joined Walt Thompson, Mollie Steenson, and Danny Shelton in praying for 3ABN.

Perhaps this is a partial answer to Question Number One under the topic "Answers from the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists? ... please!"

This post has been edited by Artiste: Sep 7 2007, 12:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 7 2007, 02:02 AM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 7 2007, 09:49 AM) *
On the September 6 3ABN Live program that introduced Jim Gilley as the new president and CEO of 3ABN, a letter from Don Schneider, president of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, was read stating that he gave his support to 3ABN and joined the Administration and Board among others in praying for 3ABN.

I believe that most of us here on BlackSDA can say that we have hoped for the best for 3ABN's future in spreading the gospel.

However, for this to happen, the alleged problems and corruption of the leadership at 3ABN would need to be resolved. The information that has come to light over the last year has suggested that both the administration and the board are part of the problem at 3ABN.

Don Schneider's assurance that he would be joining 3ABN's administration and board in prayers is a politically safe and outwardly correct sounding statement, but is it an honest way to address the problems there?

The North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists in the person of Don Schneider, president, has joined Walt Thompson, Mollie Steenson, and Danny Shelton in praying for 3ABN.

Perhaps this is a partial answer to Question Number One under the topic "Answers from the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists? ... please!"

More than two years ago I read here on BSDA, as far as I recall, that the president of the North American Division owed his election to that position to 3ABN. Could that explain?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 7 2007, 02:04 AM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 7 2007, 12:49 AM) *

Perhaps with the new board members the NAD feels more confident in 3ABN's role with the SDA church (although they have stated that they are non-denominational and have no affiliation with the church). It is my understanding that the new board members are Larry Romrell, Jim Gilley, Stan Smith, and Garwin McNielus. If I am wrong on any of those names, please correct me. It is hard not to consider them a clean-up coalition. I wish them well in clean-up, if that is what they are doing.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 7 2007, 02:19 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 7 2007, 01:04 AM) *
Perhaps with the new board members the NAD feels more confident in 3ABN's role with the SDA church (although they have stated that they are non-denominational and have no affiliation with the church). It is my understanding that the new board members are Larry Romrell, Jim Gilley, Stan Smith, and Garwin McNielus. If I am wrong on any of those names, please correct me. It is hard not to consider them a clean-up coalition. I wish them well in clean-up, if that is what they are doing.

Yes, those are the new board member names that I heard also.

I have no doubt that the NAD considers them a "clean-up coalition"'

I don't know how Jim Gilley, though, is going to be able to go about cleaning up after the many glowing statements he made about Danny Shelton on the program. He sounded sincere!

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 7 2007, 02:25 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 7 2007, 01:02 AM) *
More than two years ago I read here on BSDA, as far as I recall, that the president of the North American Division owed his election to that position to 3ABN. Could that explain?

Johann, that's right! I remember now!

I also recently read elsewhere that Don Schneider has always been a friend and supporter of Danny Shelton.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 7 2007, 04:17 AM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 7 2007, 10:25 AM) *
Johann, that's right! I remember now!

I also recently read elsewhere that Don Schneider has always been a friend and supporter of Danny Shelton.

What some of us fail to consider in the over-all picture is that there is no such thing as a general consensus at the General Conference level. Don Schneider is the president of the North America Division, and not the rest of the world. But because NAD is the wealthiest world division, he has lots of power. There are not as many members in NAD as in some of the other divisions. Some feel that democracy demands that each member has an equal vote in the church, others that each dollar contributed counts more than the membership.

There are one or more Division Presidents that are as much opposed to the Danny Shelton rule as Don Schneider supports it. One of the problems is that some Divisions might not survive without the financial backing of North America. So the dollar rules in our church more than God Almighty.

Are we then serving God or Mammon?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 7 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Okay. So now we are going to start demonizing Don Schnieder? Hmmmm. How about Stan Smith? What's he got lurking in his closet?

Artiste, Johann, is there documentation that 3abn aided in the appointment of Don Schnieder to his position in the NAD? As someone who is denom/politically-challenged(haven't had my ear on the undercurrent of church politics), I would like to be able to see such documentation.

PeacefulBe, (not pro-DS or pro-LS, but still firmly pro-Truth)

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 7 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 7 2007, 04:31 PM) *
Okay. So now we are going to start demonizing Don Schnieder? Hmmmm. How about Stan Smith? What's he got lurking in his closet?

Artiste, Johann, is there documentation that 3abn aided in the appointment of Don Schnieder to his position in the NAD? As someone who is denom/politically-challenged(haven't had my ear on the undercurrent of church politics), I would like to be able to see such documentation.

A victim needs not be a villain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 7 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 7 2007, 08:41 AM) *
A victim needs not be a villain.

Johann, who is the victim?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 7 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 7 2007, 05:45 PM) *
Johann, who is the victim?

From your post is seems like Don Schneider is under attack.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 7 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 7 2007, 08:50 AM) *
From your post is seems like Don Schneider is under attack.

Is he not? It has been pointed out that he owes his job to 3abn and that he approves of Danny Shelton and that he is a friend and supporter of Danny Shelton.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 7 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 7 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Is he not? It has been pointed out that he owes his job to 3abn and that he approves of Danny Shelton and that he is a friend and supporter of Danny Shelton.

Does that make him a villain? I may also count some bad people among my friends. Danny Shelton once told me his best friends always remain his friends regardless of what he does. . .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Sep 8 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 7 2007, 11:05 AM) *
... Danny Shelton once told me his best friends always remain his friends regardless of what he does. . .

Johann!

Scary! fear.gif But VERY funny. rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 8 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 7 2007, 07:31 AM) *

PeacefulBe, as we have all been told when we first come to this forum--read, read, read.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 9 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #15

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 7 2007, 05:56 PM) *
Is he not? It has been pointed out that he owes his job to 3abn

This was discussed back in 2004. At that time I was only reading what others posted.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:09 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church