Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15225&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:03:15 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Is John Osborne?, Are his talents not appreciated?
Brick Step
post Oct 3 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,624

I do not wish to over-rate the importance of this exchange, and we all must move on, one way or another. But it’s sad to leave matters like this, when I have so often appreciated Awesumtenor’s posts.

WB, I’m sorry you have become something of a target because of me, - though I note you can defend yourself very ably, and we do not always agree. But in expressing sincere appreciation to WB on this point, I did not really mean to dismiss you, Awesumtenor, and I apologise for my slowness to understand. I never ever felt you were riding me ALL that hard (I very much doubt WB meant to imply that either). You make me feel like I’ve wounded a bear when I wasn’t even shooting that way. But thank you for explaining your intent. It is true I wished to leave the larger picture to the experts to sort through. That’s why I mentioned I was waiting also for the report from the White Estate.

But out there in the churches even the humblest of our number have to decide upon priorities, and can still claim the promises of God for guidance in this endeavour. In my experience, I cannot but observe that the number (liberals or conservatives) who make their priority a study of the errors or supposed errors in the Bible and writings of Ellen White, often lose their way altogether, leave the faith, and become tangled in all sorts of terrible problems from which they could have been saved, if they had only respected and humbly submitted to the inspired counsels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Oct 3 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Oct 3 2007, 06:42 PM) *
.....But out there in the churches even the humblest of our number have to decide upon priorities, and can still claim the promises of God for guidance in this endeavour. In my experience, I cannot but observe that the number (liberals or conservatives) who make their priority a study of the errors or supposed errors in the Bible and writings of Ellen White, often lose their way altogether, leave the faith, and become tangled in all sorts of terrible problems from which they could have been saved, if they had only respected and humbly submitted to the inspired counsels.

This is a terrific response Brick. God is obviously guiding you and you are obviously listening and obedient. God bless you.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Oct 3 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #108

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 7 2007, 08:37 AM) *
A number of years ago I met this talented young man...

Someone on BSDA must know him and be able to tell us why he is not heard or seen in all of this.

dunno.gif Sorry neeeever heard of him, that I can recall.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:03 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church