Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15225&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:09:09 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Is John Osborne?, Are his talents not appreciated?
Johann
post Sep 7 2007, 06:37 AM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

A number of years ago I met this talented young man. He had a van and on top of the van was a tripod with a movie camera. Seemed like he was everywhere where things were happening, and people told me he had a bright future in proclaiming the Advent Message through TV or other media.

Seems like anywhere I attended workers meetings on different world continents someone had a new story to tell of John Osborne's latest achievements. Then for a while the stories were not as positive, until we heard of his coming back to where he belonged.

Ken Wade, a top notch SDA writer has written the story of John Osborne as published by the Pacific Press. John Osborne is there described as the man who returned to his calling, and you have the picture of a top ranking televangelist. I understand he left his independent ministry and is now a top evangelist with the Greater New York Conference.

As these discussions are going on, I wonder where John Osborne is. Has nobody noticed his talents? Why is he not participating in the development of 3ABN? Should he not be considered as a member of the 3ABN board? Was he not a candidate for the presidency of 3ABN?

Someone on BSDA must know him and be able to tell us why he is not heard or seen in all of this.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 7 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #2

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 7 2007, 06:37 AM) *
A number of years ago I met this talented young man. He had a van and on top of the van was a tripod with a movie camera. Seemed like he was everywhere where things were happening, and people told me he had a bright future in proclaiming the Advent Message through TV or other media.

Seems like anywhere I attended workers meetings on different world continents someone had a new story to tell of John Osborne's latest achievements. Then for a while the stories were not as positive, until we heard of his coming back to where he belonged.
Ken Wade, a top notch SDA writer has written the story of John Osborne as published by the Pacific Press. John Osborne is there described as the man who returned to his calling, and you have the picture of a top ranking televangelist. I understand he left his independent ministry and is now a top evangelist with the Greater New York Conference.

As these discussions are going on, I wonder where John Osborne is. Has nobody noticed his talents? Why is he not participating in the development of 3ABN? Should he not be considered as a member of the 3ABN board? Was he not a candidate for the presidency of 3ABN?

Someone on BSDA must know him and be able to tell us why he is not heard or seen in all of this.

Is he a pastor in Poughkeepsie, New York? I do not know. I am asking a question.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Eric_Suede
post Sep 7 2007, 09:27 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

I was always wondering the same thing here. His ministry "Prophecy Countdown" was very powerful in the beginning when it was led of christ before he let his human emotions take over. Anyhow Please if anyone has an update I've always been wondering myself where he is and how to contact him.

+Quote Post
Eric_Suede
post Sep 7 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

I was always wondering the same thing here. His ministry "Prophecy Countdown" was very powerful in the beginning when it was led of christ before he let his human emotions take over. Anyhow Please if anyone has an update I've always been wondering myself where he is and how to contact him.

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Sep 7 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 7 2007, 08:37 AM) *

Johann, I do not know where he is or how he is doing, but it has been my observation that some personalities are addicted to power and the spotlight. If they ever do recognize it and step down, then going back to that kind of "drug" would be like sending an alcoholic to be a taster in a winery. Not smart for them or for the winery.
shepherdswife

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Sep 7 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

http://www.poksda.org/pastor.htm

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 7 2007, 09:15 AM) *
Is he a pastor in Poughkeepsie, New York? I do not know. I am asking a question.

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Sep 7 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,191

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Sep 7 2007, 06:30 PM) *

John Osborne was seriously involved in the "Historic SDA" movement. I was majorly burned by the historic SDA movement....I don't ever want to go there again. I was a newly baptised Adventist Christian who was lead astray by well meaning people trolling NAD Adventist churches for converts to their cause. I left the church for more than ten years because of my involvement with historic adventists...

I found this on the internet.. http://www.adherents.com/people/po/John_Osborne.html

Back on Track
The John Osborne Story
[written by] John Osborne with Ken Wade
- 160 pages, paperback
- ISBN 0-8163-1645-7
- US$10.99, Cdn$15.99

Zeal, hate, and videotape
An academy principal once told John Osborne's parents, "By the time John is twenty-one, he's either going to be in the state penitentiary or he's going to be a dynamic, powerful man of God."

He was right.

John did become a gifted evangelist and a zealous defender of truth. Extraordinary leadership skills and a dogged determination to follow what is right caused John to rapidly ascend the heights of ministerial success as a Seventh-day Adventist minister. But those same headstrong characteristics would eventually cause him to collide with church leaders over the future of his successful television ministry. The pain of that collision landed John in a penitentiary of bitterness where zeal for the gospel turned into angry criticism of the church he once loved.

Back on Track is the incredible story of John Osborne--his rise to prominence, his fall into critical ministries, and his reconciliation with the church he nearly called "Babylon." It is a story of pride, rebellion, spiritual anarchy, and the dangerous mindset of those caught up in the "historic" Seventh-day Adventist movement. In these pages John candidly discusses what really happened to his Prophecy Countdown ministry. How he has faced his own problems, coped with criticism and condemnation, admitted his own guilt, and asked to be forgiven by God and man.

Back on Track contains an important message on delusion and reconciliation that will inspire you to study the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy with renewed fervor. It will also help you survive and rise above your own struggles with bitterness and the flaws of God's children.

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Sep 7 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Just ignore this...it posted twice... clap.gif

This post has been edited by WillowRun: Sep 7 2007, 07:07 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 9 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

I'm getting private PM on this subject. Seems like there is an interest in where John Osborne is now in the restructure of 3ABN.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Sep 9 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 8 2007, 11:48 PM) *
I'm getting private PM on this subject. Seems like there is an interest in where John Osborne is now in the restructure of 3ABN.

What, Johann, John Osborne has something to do with 3ABN?

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 9 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(WillowRun @ Sep 7 2007, 08:04 PM) *
John Osborne was seriously involved in the "Historic SDA" movement. I was majorly burned by the historic SDA movement....I don't ever want to go there again. I was a newly baptised Adventist Christian who was lead astray by well meaning people trolling NAD Adventist churches for converts to their cause. I left the church for more than ten years because of my involvement with historic adventists...

I found this on the internet.. http://www.adherents.com/people/po/John_Osborne.html

Back on Track
The John Osborne Story
[written by] John Osborne with Ken Wade
- 160 pages, paperback
- ISBN 0-8163-1645-7
- US$10.99, Cdn$15.99

Zeal, hate, and videotape
An academy principal once told John Osborne's parents, "By the time John is twenty-one, he's either going to be in the state penitentiary or he's going to be a dynamic, powerful man of God."

He was right.

John did become a gifted evangelist and a zealous defender of truth. Extraordinary leadership skills and a dogged determination to follow what is right caused John to rapidly ascend the heights of ministerial success as a Seventh-day Adventist minister. But those same headstrong characteristics would eventually cause him to collide with church leaders over the future of his successful television ministry. The pain of that collision landed John in a penitentiary of bitterness where zeal for the gospel turned into angry criticism of the church he once loved.

Back on Track is the incredible story of John Osborne--his rise to prominence, his fall into critical ministries, and his reconciliation with the church he nearly called "Babylon." It is a story of pride, rebellion, spiritual anarchy, and the dangerous mindset of those caught up in the "historic" Seventh-day Adventist movement. In these pages John candidly discusses what really happened to his Prophecy Countdown ministry. How he has faced his own problems, coped with criticism and condemnation, admitted his own guilt, and asked to be forgiven by God and man.

Back on Track contains an important message on delusion and reconciliation that will inspire you to study the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy with renewed fervor. It will also help you survive and rise above your own struggles with bitterness and the flaws of God's children.

Thanks for that, Willow - I am glad you found your own way and I am glad you are here! Is this anything like what the Battle Creek Gospel Fellowship Church is all about? I just happen to know of someone connected to this group...

http://www.bcgfellowship.org/

+Quote Post
Johann
post Sep 9 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Sep 9 2007, 08:56 AM) *
What, Johann, John Osborne has something to do with 3ABN?

It seems like John Osborne worked very closely with the Sheltons when 3ABN started. So he could have a greater knowledge of 3ABN than many others have.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Sep 9 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Sep 9 2007, 02:00 AM) *
Thanks for that, Willow - I am glad you found your own way and I am glad you are here! Is this anything like what the Battle Creek Gospel Fellowship Church is all about? I just happen to know of someone connected to this group...

http://www.bcgfellowship.org/

Thank you for your kind words. I looked at BCGG statement of belief... These are consistent with what I was taught..and they aren't part of the fundamentals taught by our Adventist Belief. It is the last statment I listed, which causes many historic adventists to have no compuction about taking vulnerable members out of the true Seventh-Day Adventist Church. Those charismatic individuals who have returned to the Adventist church in a pastoral or evangelistic capacity will always have my distrust. I saw their other side and I don't know how they truly are. Not that they are bad people, just that I am still spiritually vulnerable(and probably always will be) and it would be very easy to end up back in a place that I don't want to be again.

#23. Prophecy declares that Spiritual Babylon will consist of a body (not an individual) that was once Biblically pure, but has become corrupted with doctrinal error [fallen into apostasy]. The papacy [Roman Catholic Church] is the antichrist of the Bible prophecy; it was the great persecuting power of the Middle [Dark] Ages and will again, in partnership with apostate Protestantism [fallen Christian churches], persecute God's saints at the end of time. It is the change of the true seventh day Sabbath to the counterfeit Sunday, and the many pagan and unbiblical teachings that she has introduced to Christendom that denotes her as modern, spiritual Babylon. Spiritual Babylon is also the mother of Harlots [apostate Protestantism: fallen Christian churches]. ANY church, denomination, organization, fellowship, group, etc… which has at least one unrepentant character trait of Spiritual Babylon such as: the immortality of the soul, the eternal torment of the wicked, the denial of the pre-existence of Christ prior to His birth in Bethlehem, the abolishing of the Law of God, ‘Original Sin’ (being born a sinner), advocating and exalting the first day of the week above God’s holy, sanctified day (the seventh day known as the Sabbath), and kindred errors which cannot be substantiated from the Scriptures; is a daughter to the great whore and is leading people to be sealed in their sins resulting in death and Hell. (1 John 4:2,3; Dan. 2:40, 41; 7:7, 8, 20-25; 11:31, 36-39, 45; Rev. 12; 13:1-8; 17; 18:23, 24)

THE MARK OF THE BEAST

#24. The religious observance of the first day of the week, known today as Sunday, is the Pagan counterfeit of seventh-day Sabbath observance. Sunday has been promoted by the papacy as a mark of her authority. When Sunday observance is enforced by United States civil law it becomes the end-time mark of the beast. (Ex. 31:13; Eze. 20:12,20; Rev. 7:1-8; 13:11-17; 14:1,9,10)

PERSONAL EVANGELISM

#30. Every church member is under sacred command from Jesus to use his talents in personal soul-winning work in helping to give the present truth of the gospel to the entire world. When this work is finished and the character of Christ is perfectly reproduced in His people, Jesus will come. (Matt. 24:14; 5:48; 25:14-29; 28:18-20; Rev. 22:17; Isa. 43:10-12; 2 Cor. 5:17-20; Rom. 10:13-15; Gen. 17:1; Eph. 4:12,13)

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Sep 9 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Sep 9 2007, 04:57 AM) *
It seems like John Osborne worked very closely with the Sheltons when 3ABN started. So he could have a greater knowledge of 3ABN than many others have.

In the early 90's 3abn was presented to my group as a Historic Adventist undertaking. The Historic Adventists would do what the General Conference of SDA's had "failed" to do.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 9 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(WillowRun @ Sep 9 2007, 02:50 PM) *
Thank you for your kind words. I looked at BCGG statement of belief... These are consistent with what I was taught..and they aren't part of the fundamentals taught by our Adventist Belief. It is the last statment I listed, which causes many historic adventists to have no compuction about taking vulnerable members out of the true Seventh-Day Adventist Church. Those charismatic individuals who have returned to the Adventist church in a pastoral or evangelistic capacity will always have my distrust. I saw their other side and I don't know how they truly are. Not that they are bad people, just that I am still spiritually vulnerable(and probably always will be) and it would be very easy to end up back in a place that I don't want to be again.

Are you at liberty to say where you were involved with the Historic Adventists? I, too, looked at the BCGG web site and saw that apparently they have a "sister church" in Indiana. Curious that they both share the same Indiana telephone #!!

http://www.egfellowship.org/

As for being spiritually vulnerable, I can surely understand that. I have found some peace by focusing only on Jesus and what He has done for us and putting everything else in line behind that theory.

Bless you, Willow - you'll be just fine!!

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:09 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church