Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15277&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:03:28 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny The Terminator Against Bsda
beartrap
post Sep 13 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 13 2007, 07:38 AM) *
Electric voltage has been compared to water pressure. Thus, what lessons can we learn about the results of applying pressure to a pickle?

When pressure is applied, the previously unknown Pickle lights up and becomes useful to those around as it sheds light on matters that were previously hidden in the shadows cast by those who desire to cast shadows and create frightful darkness. Notice that the Pickle is in a clear glass dish that is not the least bit opaque. If there is vinegar in that Pickle, it burns brightly so all can see and benefit from the light that it sheds.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 13 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 13 2007, 07:42 PM) *
When pressure is applied, the previously unknown Pickle lights up and becomes useful to those around as it sheds light on matters that were previously hidden in the shadows cast by those who desire to cast shadows and create frightful darkness. Notice that the Pickle is in a clear glass dish that is not the least bit opaque. If there is vinegar in that Pickle, it burns brightly so all can see and benefit from the light that it sheds.

Who knew so much could come of Pyrex, pith and vinegar.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 14 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 13 2007, 09:42 PM) *

Sounds kosher.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Sep 14 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

absolutely amazing!!!

EVERYTHING here eventually turns to food...

roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 14 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 14 2007, 05:34 AM) *
Sounds kosher.

Ah, yes! Kosher dills. Good stuff Maynard.

Speaking of kosher, have you tried matzo ball soup? It is one of my favourite foods. I cook up a batch of matzo balls at least once a week.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 15 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(beartrap)
Speaking of kosher, have you tried matzo ball soup?

Try dropping your matzo balls into a pot of boiling sauerkraut for 20 min. Homemade is the best, but you can find the fresh refrigerated kraut at health food stores sometimes. Add a cup of water to the kraut first to tame it down. The water will mostly disappear when done.

...plus salt and pepper.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 15 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Sep 15 2007, 06:34 AM) *
Try dropping your matzo balls into a pot of boiling sauerkraut for 20 min. Homemade is the best, but you can find the fresh refrigerated kraut at health food stores sometimes. Add a cup of water to the kraut first to tame it down. The water will mostly disappear when done.

...plus salt and pepper.

Mmmm, sounds good. I will try it. I don't make kraut, but I can purchase the refrigerated fresh variety at a store here in town.

Another great variety on matzo balls is to cook them in a Thai soup of chicken stock, red or green Thai chilis, lemon grass, coconut milk and just a couple drops of sesame oil. You can hold the coconut milk if you want a clear broth.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Sep 15 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

Hey, what is this....The Adventist Gourmet?!

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

You folks are priceless! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Sep 15 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(beartrap)
Another great variety on matzo balls is to cook them in a Thai soup of chicken stock, red or green Thai chilis, lemon grass, coconut milk and just a couple drops of sesame oil. You can hold the coconut milk if you want a clear broth.

Hey...now that sounds good! I'm putting that at the top of my list for winter soups. No, I love (a little) coconut milk, so won't be holding it back. BTW, Thai and Indian curry is my specialty. Red curry with coconut milk...on eggplant, red peppers, onions, and fried chickette, over rice.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 15 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Sep 15 2007, 12:56 PM) *
Hey...now that sounds good! I'm putting that at the top of my list for winter soups. No, I love (a little) coconut milk, so won't be holding it back. BTW, Thai and Indian curry is my specialty. Red curry with coconut milk...on eggplant, red peppers, onions, and fried chickette, over rice.

I love Thai and Indian food. Have you tried Korean? It is one of my favourites, but rather hard to find. I have done matzo balls and a variety of other things in kim chee soup. It is also goes very well with pickled garlic stems in hot chilli paste.

Ok, here is the big question. Have you ever tried durian?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 15 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 15 2007, 01:21 PM) *
I love Thai and Indian food. Have you tried Korean? It is one of my favourites, but rather hard to find. I have done matzo balls and a variety of other things in kim chee soup. It is also goes very well with pickled garlic stems in hot chilli paste.

Ok, here is the big question. Have you ever tried durian?

For those who don't know this King of Fruits!

The even bigger question, beartrap, is .... what happens if you stick a couple of forks in that thing and plug it in to the wall?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 15 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 15 2007, 03:17 PM) *
For those who don't know this King of Fruits!

The even bigger question, beartrap, is .... what happens if you stick a couple of forks in that thing and plug it in to the wall?

King of fruit?

Travel and food writer Richard Sterling says:

“ ... its odor is best described as pig-sh**, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock. It can be smelled from yards away. Despite its great local popularity, the raw fruit is forbidden from some establishments such as hotels, subways and airports, including public transportation in Southeast Asia."

Siddhartha Gautama said "To hold that there is pleasantness in that which is foul, is due to distortions." This would be true of many things."

What would happen if I were to stick a durian with forks and plug it in to the wall? That simply will not happen, as I will not be subjecting my olefactory senses to such a horror.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 15 2007, 04:44 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 15 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

You show great wisdom for one so young.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 15 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Despite its great local popularity, the raw fruit is forbidden from some establishments such as hotels, subways and airports, including public transportation in Southeast Asia."

Back in 1996 the president of one of our missions in the Philippines told me that when a Far East Division church official retired they threw a party for him. He had a grand time eating lots of durian.

He went to the airport, and climbed the steps to get into the plane. At the top of the steps he burped, and the odor got caught by the ventilation system as he went to his seat and sat down.

As the plane tried to leave the airport, the foul odor that filled the plane caused a mad, vain search of the plane for the durian. I think I was told that the plane had to taxi back twice. As the attendants went up and down the aisle they paused to look at the European who wasn't saying a word. They thought, "Certainly it can't be him, since he's European."

Finally, the plane took off.

You can have your durians. I'll take the mangoes, jack fruit, star fruit, and some of the others. But durian? No way. Not for me.

It's odd up here. The Norwegians talk about and eat lutefisk (sp?), trying to keep a connection with the old home country. I was quite surprised to learn this summer that Norwegians in Norway generally don't like lutefisk. Times have changed, and the descendants of the immigrants here keep up the old customs that those back in the homeland no longer do.

After hearing that, I wondered what percentage of locals in the Far East really do like durian. Anyone know?

Edited to make it more anonymous.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Sep 16 2007, 10:14 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 15 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Those who dare to try durian say the creamy fruit is most delicious. Anthony Bourdain seems to like it and he has quite a sophisticated palate. Obviously, the smell is prohibitive for some. That story was too funny, Bob!

I'm not sure if lutefisk is what was made into the fiskebollen I was served at a dinner given by a Danish nurse, but it was one of the most difficult meals I have ever tried to politely eat without gagging. It must be an aquired taste.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:03 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church