Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15277&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:03:34 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny The Terminator Against Bsda
Observer
post Sep 16 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #61

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 16 2007, 12:42 PM) *
Well, perhaps I will be brave and try it one day. My husband and I are rather adventurous.

Yes, the cashew fruit (which a Sierra Leonean friend warned me was poisonous) had a unique and tastey flavor, but was rather like sinking one's teeth into a plantain banana.

If I am wrong in what I say, please correct me. I am simply going back in memory to the time when I lived in Panama.

There is the cashew nut and cashew fruit. The grow together, with the cashew nut attached to the bottom of the cashew fruit.

The nut, eaten raw will blister the inside of your mouth, literally. It must be processed prior to eating. What we purchase today as raw cashew nuts have actually been processed to the point where they will not blister your mouth. While stationed in Panama the Army warned us about this problem, and that eating cashew nuts purchased from roadside vendors might cause problems as they might not have been processed enough. My wife and I occasionally did purchase from roadside vendors, and occasionally there would be a very slight taste of the blistering compound, but not tnough to actually blister us.

I do not remember the actual cashew fruit as being a problem. As I recall, it was not something that one would desire to eat, but it was pressed to make a natural juice that was commonly sold, and that I drank.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 16 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #62

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(västergötland @ Sep 16 2007, 11:56 AM) *
Interesting that you refer to Anthony Bourdain, doesnt he sing the praises of Pork as soon and as often as he can?

Yes, he does, but is still fun to watch his globe-trotting epicurian adventures. My favorite to date was when he was in Lebanon and the Hezbollah/Israeli conflict broke out.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 16 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 16 2007, 12:05 PM) *
If I am wrong in what I say, please correct me. I am simply going back in memory to the time when I lived in Panama.

There is the cashew nut and cashew fruit. The grow together, with the cashew nut attached to the bottom of the cashew fruit.

The nut, eaten raw will blister the inside of your mouth, literally. It must be processed prior to eating. What we purchase today as raw cashew nuts have actually been processed to the point where they will not blister your mouth. While stationed in Panama the Army warned us about this problem, and that eating cashew nuts purchased from roadside vendors might cause problems as they might not have been processed enough. My wife and I occasionally did purchase from roadside vendors, and occasionally there would be a very slight taste of the blistering compound, but not tnough to actually blister us.

I do not remember the actual cashew fruit as being a problem. As I recall, it was not something that one would desire to eat, but it was pressed to make a natural juice that was commonly sold, and that I drank.

Well, Gregory, now it is your turn to take the plunge, find a source and try the actual unpressed fruit. If you find one, please let me know because I would like to try it again, as well.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Fran
post Sep 16 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

I have been a little sick to my stomach. why-me.gif

I came back reading more and it still sort of made me sick again. kidding.gif

Third times a charm! I finally got it all read! wacko.gif

Need I say, I will stick with the common American fruits! My tummy won't take variety for a while! Praise God! yahoo.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Sep 17 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

QUOTE(calvin @ Sep 16 2007, 05:50 AM) *
Why does so many of these discussions turn to food?

roflmao.gif just now in another thread I was thinking almost the same thing..
Why does so many of these discussions turn to sex? wub.gif wub.gif

scratchchin.gif uhm.gif huh.gif blink.gif

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Sep 17 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Whitey @ Sep 17 2007, 02:39 AM) *
roflmao.gif just now in another thread I was thinking almost the same thing..
Why does so many of these discussions turn to sex? wub.gif wub.gif
scratchchin.gif uhm.gif huh.gif blink.gif

Do you want me to tell you? smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Sep 18 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

QUOTE(Ralph @ Sep 17 2007, 06:24 AM) *
Do you want me to tell you? smile.gif smile.gif

laugh.gif You really got a clue?

wink.gif wink.gif Are ya going to put the answer in black and white or in color? lol.gif hahadance.gif

+Quote Post
redheadbeauty73
post Sep 18 2007, 07:04 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 2,803

QUOTE(västergötland @ Sep 16 2007, 11:56 AM) *
Interesting that you refer to Anthony Bourdain, doesnt he sing the praises of Pork as soon and as often as he can?

What does singing praises of pork have anything to do with one's salvation? Im pretty sure that Jesus wont skip over me for the train to heaven because I enjoy eating a good BLT! Too petty to judge for I'd say

--------------------
[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][color="#800080"][/color]From the words of my Great Grandma, "Be good and you'll be happy!"

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Sep 18 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(redheadbeauty73 @ Sep 18 2007, 08:04 AM) *
What does singing praises of pork have anything to do with one's salvation? Im pretty sure that Jesus wont skip over me for the train to heaven because I enjoy eating a good BLT! Too petty to judge for I'd say

(2) "I have spread out my hands all day long to a rebellious people, who walk in the way whcih is not good, following their own thoughts, (3) A people who continually provoke me to my face, Offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on bricks, (4) Who sit among graves and spend the night in secret places; who eat swines flesh, And the broth of unclean meat in their pots. (5) Who say, 'Keep to yourself, do not come near me, For I am holier than you!' These are smoke in my nostrils. A fire that burns all the day. (6) Behold, it is written before me, I will not keep silent, but I will repay, I will even repay into their bosum." ( Isaiah 65:2-6) NASB

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 18 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #70

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Heathen niece!! I am shocked!! You know that bacon has to be beef, turkey or better yet Stripples! LOL!!!

QUOTE(redheadbeauty73 @ Sep 18 2007, 06:04 AM) *

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
redheadbeauty73
post Sep 18 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 2,803

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 18 2007, 11:01 AM) *
Heathen niece!! I am shocked!! You know that bacon has to be beef, turkey or better yet Stripples! LOL!!!

What is Stripples? Sounds interesting! biggrin.gif

--------------------
[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][color="#800080"][/color]From the words of my Great Grandma, "Be good and you'll be happy!"

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 18 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(redheadbeauty73 @ Sep 18 2007, 11:55 AM) *
What is Stripples? Sounds interesting! biggrin.gif

blink.gif Dang! That is about the most heathen statement I've seen on this site. What is Stripples, indeed!

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 18 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #73

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 18 2007, 01:42 PM) *
blink.gif Dang! That is about the most heathen statement I've seen on this site. What is Stripples, indeed!

Just imagine how her mother must feel, since I fed the girl Stripples as a child!

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 18 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

In elementary school days, a friend of mine got on the bus one afternoon on the way home from school, finishing off his lunch--a Stripple sandwich. Someone saw it and yelled, "Ewwwwwwwww! What's wrong with your bacon?"

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Sep 18 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Whitey @ Sep 18 2007, 12:35 AM) *
laugh.gif You really got a clue?

A little bird (or was it a bee? uhm.gif ) told me.
QUOTE(Whitey)
wink.gif wink.gif Are ya going to put the answer in black and white or in color? lol.gif hahadance.gif

Which would you prefer? kiss.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:03 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church