Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16436&st=210 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:00:15 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Propose Some "wisdom Of Solomon" Even At This Late Date?
Johann
post Nov 29 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #211

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Fran @ Nov 30 2007, 12:59 AM) *
The reason many don't get "it" is because CPAATTY is carrying conversations with his/her self. We will never understand the workings taking place in this persons mind for sure!

An interesting observation, Fran! I suppose people do that more and more the older they get. My wife tells me a number of her patients at the hospital were doing just that. Dear people, you get to know their inmost soul.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Nov 29 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #212

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(Fran @ Nov 29 2007, 05:59 PM) *
The reason many don't get "it" is because CPAATTY is carrying conversations with his/her self. We will never understand the workings taking place in this persons mind for sure!

Fran, I have noticed that much of the time, the posts CPAATTY is responding to are his/her own.

I read once that the reason some people tend to talk to themselves is because it is their practice to converse with the smartest person in the room...I guess I don't qualify!! tongue.gif

But I am certainly not losing sleep over it...

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Nov 30 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #213

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ Nov 29 2007, 07:16 PM) *
Fran, I have noticed that much of the time, the posts CPAATTY is responding to are his/her own.

I read once that the reason some people tend to talk to themselves is because it is their practice to converse with the smartest person in the room...I guess I don't qualify!! tongue.gif

But I am certainly not losing sleep over it...

shepherdswife

I was beginning to think I was the only one... blink.gif I am also surprised this "thread" is still open in light of the fact that the op has no wisdom to impart or any credible evidence that they have any interest in discussing the facts with those who have been a part of the 3abm issue from the start.

So I have to ask, why is this thread even open? Other than it take up ban width for no other reason than the ops vain jangling, whatt genuine fruit has been born of this tree? As I noted, in one of my first posts to this farce, this "thread" is simply another "weapon of mass destraction" used to draw attention from genuine threads with real issues being discussed... BMTJM
dunno.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Nov 30 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #214

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

Agreed, Sera. My grasp of English is considered good, but I gave up trying to read CP's internal conversations as just too convoluted - I scan the replies sometimes.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Nov 30 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #215

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

there is an old saying...

"i talk to myself for two reasons:
one: i like to talk to an intelligent person... and
two: i like to hear an intelligent person talk."

perhaps this is what is going on with CPAATTY...

i too, have quit reading this thread... nothing here but hot air and waste of time...

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Nov 30 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #216

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(roxe @ Nov 30 2007, 07:38 PM) *
there is an old saying...

"i talk to myself for two reasons:
one: i like to talk to an intelligent person... and
two: i like to hear an intelligent person talk."

perhaps this is what is going on with CPAATTY...

i too, have quit reading this thread... nothing here but hot air and waste of time...

You forgot #3 - "I like the sound of my own voice" blink.gif

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Nov 30 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #217

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Brenda @ Nov 30 2007, 03:16 PM) *
Agreed, Sera. My grasp of English is considered good, but I gave up trying to read CP's internal conversations as just too convoluted - I scan the replies sometimes.

I believe Billy Preston said it better:

I've got a song, I ain't got no melody
I'ma gonna sing it to my friends
I' ma gonna sing it to my friends

Will it go round in circles

Will it fly high like a bird up in the sky

I've got a story, ain't got no moral
Let the bad guy win every once in a while
I've got a story, ain't got no moral
Let the bad guy win every once in a while

I've got a dance, I ain't got no steps, no
I'm gonna let the music move me around
I've got a dance, I ain't got no steps
I'm gonna let the music move me around

[Instrumental Interlude]

I'ma gonna sing it to my friends
I' ma gonna sing it to my friends

IOW this thread is, as I see it, nothing more than a song and dance... ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Dec 1 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #218

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

Hey Thanks for the song! Here all these years I've thought it was Willey go round in circles............. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Dec 1 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #219

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,412

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Oct 16 2007, 04:00 AM) *
2guns.gif clap.gif

This lawyer\cpa has seen a lot of "self justification" even in religious matters amongst many tied to the purse-strings of the church where administrators have a degree of direction, control if you must, which I heartily suggest as a hedge for "decency and order" in all respects as we are all still human. Once decency and order are breached, it takes too many resources to get the "ox out of the ditch" where it could be construed that the ox was placed there conveniently. The "placing" in this case is no exception to that rule.

I remember well the "camp meeting contacts" ab initio and wasn't too swift even then on "independent ministries" conveniently connected to the "regularly organized church" primarily from its financial resources. I became aware of human tendencies of some to embezzle from "church related funds" early in gaining my educational work for my dual profession. With this knowledge in hand, I am never surprised that a major player in an independent minestry may be tagged with possible misconduct where there is a possible breakdown in corporate governance. My years of "fact finding" in my dual profession speaks loud and clear of "red flags" needing further attention.

It appears to me that some have conveniently latched on to "spiritual adultry" rather than "physical adultry" for their degree of "self-justification" for their actions. We should all clearly understand that "adulty" within the relationships between the "HEVENLY PERSONAGE" involves even "THE VERY THOUGHTS!" Are all thoughts sinful or is it necessary for these thoughts to become "cherished" before they become sin? While I have avoided two areas of law, criminal and domestic relations, I see only "physical adultry" as biblical justification as last resort for divorce as I understand, for only myself, that thoughts, even cherished if they become, are not yet "matters between the married parties." We should all understand that both spiritual as well as physical adultry must be forgiven.

While I have formed my own opinion in this matter to self-justify any actions that may be required of me going forward, I query whether the wisdom of Solomon could be applied in this environment by the use of polygraph techniques in re the "crux of the problem" to possibly see which side would "walk with the baby" if the results thereof could be rightly determined from being conducted in a well defined environment while keeping in mind that the theory of "spiritual vs physical adultry" will not be resolved. Rather than being misled of evil, I will excuse my spouse for using "spiritual adultry" against me if they so desire while opting only for "physical adultry" for myself as a reason. Why would I take this position? Simply stated, true spiritual adultry can only be surmised by weak human beings if used as an "excuse" as it is only between the Creator and the created and fully understood only by the Godhead.

Calvin and Clay, I' gone bye, bye, bye from a lost cause apparently!

My real reason for being here ab inito was to attempt to detect the possible stability of an independent ministry in re a suspected "gift annuity" of a brother in a coma. I have my doubts of the stability going forward even in light of the employee\leadershp changes. We attempted to seek "Wisdom of Solomon" with little success and then resorted to "internal controls" past, present, and future ragarding the potential for stability going forward with little success. We resolved the potential gift annuity problem independently of this site, but, stuck here for a while for a feel of the current temprament in the operations of independent ministries, a sector where I am on the mailing lists furnished by some level of the regularly organized SDA church.

We now find ourselves in the midst of what appears to be a number of Jim Jones\David Koresh mentalities where some may be current or former credential holders in the regularly organized SDA church, hopefully not?

We haven't found much here to change our attitude about independent ministries which are many times used to serve the personal needs of the founders unless proper internal controls are established as I have established professionally.

Be sure to check my spelling as I hired a number of your kind professionally before retirement!

This post has been edited by CPAATTY: Dec 1 2007, 08:43 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Dec 1 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #220

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Dec 1 2007, 09:39 AM) *
Calvin and Clay, I' gone bye, bye, bye from a lost cause apparently!

My real reason for being here ab inito was to attempt to

detect the possible stability of an independent ministry in re a suspected "gift annuity" of a brother in a coma. I have my doubts of the stability going forward even in light of the employee\leadership changes.

We attempted to seek "Wisdom of Solomon" with little success and then resorted to

"internal controls" past, present, and future regarding the potential for stability going forward with little success.

We resolved the potential gift annuity problem independently of this site, but, stuck here for a while for a feel of the current temperament in the operations of independent ministries, a sector where I am on the mailing lists furnished by some level of the regularly organized SDA church.

We now find ourselves in the midst of what appears to be a number of Jim Jones\David Koresh mentalities where some may be current or former credential holders in the regularly organized SDA church, hopefully not?

We haven't found much here to change our attitude about independent ministries which are many times used to serve the personal needs of the founders unless proper internal controls are established

as I have established professionally.

Be sure to check my spelling as I

hired a number of your kind professionally

before retirement!

CPAATTY;

I have some of the same questions that you said you have. I question 3ABN's annuity program also. My question, however, is how many annuities continue after people are dead. Who is receiving the gift that keeps on giving even after the giver is in the grave?

I can't answer the questioning about internal control at 3ABN; however from the audit reports, I feel there were little or no improvement in the internal control department. The Board tried with Nike Miller to straighten things out, but they did not possess the "Power" to go up against the leadership at that time. To me, this indicates the probability of change is slim to none.

The change of the president has availed nothing significant, in my opinion. Several men have spent a significant amount of their money to continually bail Danny out of his continued predicaments he appears to be in at any given moment.

Now we have the IRS.CI conducting an investigation. It appears that they will force 3ABN to take internal controls seriously. Then we need to face the fact that there may need to be a clean sweep of the board. Not because of them being evil, but because they were not able to fix things previous to this time. I believe the current events of 3ABN have been a shock to at least some of the board. However, if the board changes are made, will this change be able to take the bull by the horns to commit to a permanent change in internal controls, employment issues, Trust Fund issues, change the by-laws and totally change their accounting software to one that requires accountability.

I wish you had come right out and said what your concerns were in the beginning, instead of being so cryptic.

I do not believe that all independent ministries leaders are there for personal gain. God still has his workers busy about their Father's business.

Since you have "hired a number of your kind professionally", I won't point out your intentional misspellings since you were gracious enough to not point out mine.

Thank you for sharing what you have been trying to say for days now. Also, I thank you for giving me an opportunity to respond.

I hope your Sabbath is a happy one.

Fran

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Clay
post Dec 1 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #221

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

closed for review......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Dec 1 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #222

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Clay @ Dec 1 2007, 12:29 PM) *
closed for review......

Will remain closed. I also have a rule about Trolling, that is posting large volumes of absurdities and nonsense. Cpatty you have been warned.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:00 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church