Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16436&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:00:34 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Propose Some "wisdom Of Solomon" Even At This Late Date?
CPAATTY
post Nov 8 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #181

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,412

There are indications that an element will "flame out" in this situation! We are also reminded of Jim Jones and Guayna(sp).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 8 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #182

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 8 2007, 10:53 AM) *
There are indications that an element will "flame out" in this situation! We are also reminded of Jim Jones and Guayna(sp).

I've always figured that tensions between Danny, Gailon and Bob would come to fisticuffs, eventually...

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Nov 8 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #183

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 8 2007, 01:55 PM) *
I've always figured that tensions between Danny, Gailon and Bob would come to fisticuffs, eventually...

LOL PB. Do you really think that? I guess it could certainly cut down on legal expenses.

I'll never forget the first week we visited our new church home in rural Minnesota. We arrived pretty late and noticed two older guys slugging it out on the front lawn of the church. Turns out that they were both Elders and had stepped outside to settle things between Sabbath School and Church. Needless to say, we tried to arrive early thereafter as we didn't want to miss out on any of the special programs. Alas, it turned out to be a once in a lifetime event.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Nov 8 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #184

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 8 2007, 02:53 PM) *

It has been said before.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 8 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #185

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 8 2007, 09:55 PM) *

Who is endowed with a prophetic gift?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 8 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #186

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Nov 8 2007, 12:07 PM) *
LOL PB. Do you really think that? I guess it could certainly cut down on legal expenses.

Sigh... well I suppose that I've misunderstood CPAATTY yet again. Is it possible that by "flame out" he was referring to some of the the key figures in this saga resorting to dressing in women's clothing and make-up, or perhaps what happens when a Stealth bomber stalls mid-flight? Note to self, give up trying to understand what is cryptically being referred to in this thread.

I'll never forget the first week we visited our new church home in rural Minnesota. We arrived pretty late and noticed two older guys slugging it out on the front lawn of the church. Turns out that they were both Elders and had stepped outside to settle things between Sabbath School and Church. Needless to say, we tried to arrive early thereafter as we didn't want to miss out on any of the special programs. Alas, it turned out to be a once in a lifetime event.

-bear

What a sight for a Sabbath morning! That was an odd interpretation of the counsel in Matthew 18, I must say, eh?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Fran
post Nov 9 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #187

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Nov 8 2007, 09:59 AM) *
http://cgi.ebay.com/HIP-WADERS-BY-THERMABO...6QQcmdZViewItem

Bidding remains open. This public service brought to you by clan bear.

-bear

Bear;
2 Days are left! We all need a pair around here for sure. It gets really deep!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Fran
post Nov 9 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #188

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Nov 8 2007, 03:07 PM) *

-bear

Aw......Did it work?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Fran
post Nov 9 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #189

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 8 2007, 01:53 PM) *

Wotcha mean here now? Speak in broken simple English so us poor uneducated folk don't have to read between the lines. Are you saying you are "flaming out"?

Surely you do not believe that someone will bite the "Business poison pill?" Or is that what you meant.

Oh I get it, are you talking about a fire like we Adventists have experienced in our far past with a publishing printing press?

I give! Please Explain. I love a good story as well as others.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Nov 9 2007, 05:11 AM
Post #190

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Fran @ Nov 9 2007, 12:31 AM) *
Wotcha mean here now? Speak in broken simple English so us poor uneducated folk don't have to read between the lines. Are you saying you are "flaming out"?

Surely you do not believe that someone will bite the "Business poison pill?" Or is that what you meant.

Oh I get it, are you talking about a fire like we Adventists have experienced in our far past with a publishing printing press?

I give! Please Explain. I love a good story as well as others.

"The more people looking into 3ABN, the better! I told the Senator that I did NOT want 3ABN shut down, but I did want to see future transparent accountability. If this fails, IMO, I believe we should start a very serious grassroots campaigns to stop 3ABN from sucking the Adventist Members dry! Just my 2 cents worth."

Your "well-stated" comments are well-taken in view of the advancement of the "regularly organized church"; however, your off-the-wall comments seem to smack on a split personnality.

Even though I have never been a direct supporter of any independent broadcast ministry, my main interest is moral and financial accountability FBO "alleged shareholders in the pew" in a situation whereby "organization" allowed its membership to become an alleged 60% quasi-investor class with no attached voting rights which should have never happened in such a disorganized manner.

Since wisdom, operating manuals, or by-laws did not appear to attract much interest, let me humbly suggest you "cut to the chase" and contact th GC to institute a "class-type" action on behalf of its supporting membership not happy with their alleged expected level of moral or financial accountability of independent ministries who knowingly accept 60% of their financial support through a "conduit mode."

This post has been edited by CPAATTY: Nov 9 2007, 05:13 AM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 9 2007, 05:35 AM
Post #191

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Is it a reasonable conclusion, CPAATTY, that you are not actively disinterested in this particular case?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Nov 9 2007, 06:19 AM
Post #192

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 9 2007, 05:35 AM) *
Is it a reasonable conclusion, CPAATTY, that you are not actively disinterested in this particular case?

Suffice it to say that I am not interested one iota in either of the "two that have been insulated to some extent from the independent minisitry" as you appear to be. Further suffice it to say, I question some of your apparent interest(period)! I am a member of the regularly organized Seventh-Day Adventist Church with headquarters in the US who really does not appreciate how my fellow church members have been allegedly allowed to be used for support of an organization in which they have no alleged rights of control in certain moral or financial matters where they may have issues!!!!!!!

Feel free to place me on IGNORE from henceforward!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Fran
post Nov 9 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #193

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 9 2007, 06:11 AM) *
"The more people looking into 3ABN, the better! I told the Senator that I did NOT want 3ABN shut down, but I did want to see future transparent accountability. If this fails, IMO, I believe we should start a very serious grassroots campaigns to stop 3ABN from sucking the Adventist Members dry! Just my 2 cents worth."

Your "well-stated" comments are well-taken in view of the advancement of the "regularly organized church"; however, your off-the-wall comments seem to smack on a split personnality.

Even though I have never been a direct supporter of any independent broadcast ministry, my main interest is moral and financial accountability FBO "alleged shareholders in the pew" in a situation whereby "organization" allowed its membership to become an alleged 60% quasi-investor class with no attached voting rights which should have never happened in such a disorganized manner.

Since wisdom, operating manuals, or by-laws did not appear to attract much interest, let me humbly suggest you "cut to the chase" and contact th GC to institute a "class-type" action on behalf of its supporting membership not happy with their alleged expected level of moral or financial accountability of independent ministries who knowingly accept 60% of their financial support through a "conduit mode."

"smack on a split personality."

Thank you so much. This must be the reason I can't tell if I am coming or going!

Do you take patients? You seem to understand the disorder from personal experience.

I definitely don't think in a box. Many times I post to get responses from people like you. However, I do not think in a box for sure. Of coarse you already knew that, right.

Good talking to you again. Until next time.......!

PS: (You really should use a spell checker. It has become your "trademark"; especialy when it is always the same words.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Nov 9 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #194

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 9 2007, 06:35 AM) *

Johann;

Keep reading. Things are beginning to get interesting. CPAATTY is about to break loose. He has been known to be very funny. It should be humorously eventful. OR... full of insults. What ever, take it with a grain of salt, oops, sugar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Nov 17 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #195

Advanced Member

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 9 2007, 06:19 AM) *
Suffice it to say that I am not interested one iota in either of the "two that have been insulated to some extent from the independent minisitry" as you appear to be. Further suffice it to say, I question some of your apparent interest(period)! I am a member of the regularly organized Seventh-Day Adventist Church with headquarters in the US who really does not appreciate how my fellow church members have been allegedly allowed to be used for support of an organization in which they have no alleged rights of control in certain moral or financial matters where they may have issues!!!!!!!

Feel free to place me on IGNORE from henceforward!!!!!!!!!!!
2guns.gif boxing.gif clap.gif

Does anyone have any evidence on how any independent TV ministry was able to tap into the PRINCIPAL CONDUIT of the regularly organized church at the GENERAL CONFERENCE, UNION CONFERENCE, LOCAL CONFERENCE, OR LOCAL CHURCH levels without the SHAREHOLDERS IN THE PEW not being aware of the possibly necessary controls on MATTERS OF PRINCIPLE? Does anyone have any evidence of how this conduit was eventually cut which may have been the potential excuse or reasons for any formal actions thought to be necessary by some? I readily understand that all humankind finds themselves in need of "loaves and fishes" as a necessary "staff of life!"

There appears to be little interest in discussion of operating manuals and\or by-laws to breed confidence in independent ministries ragarding morals and financial matters which are vital assurances, as much as possible, to "shareholders in the pew" for their uninterrupted support going forward. Most of the interest always seems to lie totally within the "frailities of human acts which some view as "spicey" rather than a correct understanding of the avoidance of those "spicey" situations with their ultimate consequencs.

Do you think we would be engaged in the Mid-East conflict, as some see it, had Abraham avoided the very appearance of evil with the admonition that the parent's sins will be visited to the third and fourth generations even in spite of the knowledge that certain of these parents were styled as "father of the faithful?"

We see it stranger than fiction that some with a vested interest in your PRINCIPAL may have a lesser regard for your PRINCIPLE. Be careful or these same will go after your PRINCIPAL when your expressed views of PRINCIPLE may conflict with their views!

This post has been edited by CPAATTY: Nov 17 2007, 08:58 AM

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:00 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church