Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16799&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:02:10 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> A General Warning About Rumors, New one over the weekend
awesumtenor
post Oct 30 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 30 2007, 11:07 AM) *
why?

Does it matter? It's her *opinion*. She's entitled to it... and she doesn't have to explain it to you.

You are welcome to differ but your differing does not make her opinion invalid in any wise... nor does it obligate her or any to justify holding said opinion to you...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Oct 30 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #17

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 30 2007, 11:07 AM) *
why?

Why?

Because "folks" that frequent the 3ABN area and are trying to find info on "X" used information here to twist some stuff.

It would only be natural to tell the person your plan where they stay.

"X" feels that the person(s) sits in the 3ABN thread = post it here.....

dunno.gif

Makes logical sense to me.....

dunno.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 30 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Well, now let's just dial this back a little bit. SP, are yousaying that you don't know anything about Duane and why anything he says would have any bearing on 3ABN? He really did give a reason in his OP. If you are unfamiliar with Duane and his connection to 3ABN, besides the huge clue in his ID, the you might want to bring up his posts. Taht will give you an idea of the relelvance, that everyone else recognized immediately.

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 30 2007, 08:07 AM) *
why?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 30 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 30 2007, 11:51 AM) *
Well, now let's just dial this back a little bit. SP, are yousaying that you don't know anything about Duane and why anything he says would have any bearing on 3ABN? He really did give a reason in his OP. If you are unfamiliar with Duane and his connection to 3ABN, besides the huge clue in his ID, the you might want to bring up his posts. Taht will give you an idea of the relelvance, that everyone else recognized immediately.

What interests me is that SP seems to be tying the appropriateness of Duane's post being on 3ABN with the comments made about Barbara's thread that was moved to another forum. And perhaps I'm reading her tone wrong, but it seems as though she feels that Barbara's should not have been moved and Duane's should be....

If that is true, then I would definitely disagree with her, for I felt that once Barbara moved away from things in her life that had some connection with 3abn, then her interactions with the BSDA community should happen in a forum more tailored to the kind of things she was describing. (I think we should also note that ONLY the one thread of Barbara's was moved to the prayer forum.... she was still free to post in the 3abn forum if she had something to say relative to 3abn.... )

I agree with Di, however, that there is no question among us who were here when Duane joined us... and later even revealed his true identity... that there is a definite connection with 3abn in Duane's situation now, and I think this is exactly the place where he needed to share his present situation. Blessings on you Duane, for the consistent stance you are taking, and your willingness to make your fight for your own reputation a matter of public record.

May God bless you real much and bring you vindication and freedom from the kind of harassment you have had to endure... and are still experiencing.

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Oct 30 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 30 2007, 08:51 AM) *

Mercy! How does a query about one post of Duane's suddenly become that I don't know anything about Duane. I think you have taken a great leap with that comment and landed in quite the wrong place. In my opinion his comment on what he believes someone, who may have been on this forum, may have said...has nothing to do with 3ABN. His personal connection to 3ABN has little to do with this particular post of his.

(edited a typo).

This post has been edited by Shiny Penny: Oct 30 2007, 08:48 PM

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Oct 30 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Oct 30 2007, 08:45 AM) *
Does it matter? It's her *opinion*. She's entitled to it... and she doesn't have to explain it to you.

You are welcome to differ but your differing does not make her opinion invalid in any wise... nor does it obligate her or any to justify holding said opinion to you...

In His service,
Mr. J

Clearly, she doesn't. And I wasn't trying to get her to justify her opinion. There are quite a few who have said that the comment belongs on the 3ABN forum. But it (his post) has nothing to do with and says nothing relating to 3ABN, other than he believes that someone on this forum MAY have had something to do wth the rumor.

Out of the service, Mr Shiny Penny

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Oct 29 2007, 08:40 AM) *
This past weekend, a friend of mine called me to tell me that he had received a call from a mutual friend of ours who was approached with some derogatory information about me. I have reason to believe that some who have been a part of discussions in this forum may have had something to do with this rumor.

Let it be known that I am tracing the source of the rumor, and when I comfirm its origin, I will be contacting an attorney to initiate legal action. It will NOT be tolerated.

Guilty party or parties, you have been informed.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
jene
post Oct 30 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,812

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 30 2007, 10:47 PM) *
Mercy! How does a query about one post of Duane's suddenly become that I don't know anything about Duane. I think you have taken a great leap with that comment and landed in quite the wrong place. In my opinion his comment on what he believes someone, who may have been on this forum, may have said...has nothing to do with 3ABN. His personal connection to 3ABN has little to do with this particular post of his.

(edited a typo).

I don't know you or your familiarity with this board because you are a relatively new poster. The reason Di suggested that you read his posts is because he is very much tied to the 3ABN situation/fiasco. Therefore, when he posted about rumors the rest of us immediately read between the lines to understand that it has to do with the (mal)treatment he has received previously.

ETA:
His purpose was also to post notice of his intent to file legal action against his harassers. Trust me when I say these harassers read this forum (3ABN) if they don't read anything else on this website. Therefore, it is completely valid for him to post this message here.

This post has been edited by jene: Oct 30 2007, 09:01 PM

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Oct 30 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jene @ Oct 30 2007, 07:57 PM) *
I don't know you or your familiarity with this board because you are a relatively new poster. The reason Di suggested that you read his posts is because he is very much tied to the 3ABN situation/fiasco. Therefore, when he posted about rumors the rest of us immediately read between the lines to understand that it has to do with the (mal)treatment he has received previously.

ETA:
His purpose was also to post notice of his intent to file legal action against his harassers. Trust me when I say these harassers read this forum (3ABN) if they don't read anything else on this website. Therefore, it is completely valid for him to post this message here.

Jene, Fair enough. Yet, perchance, did he want everyone to read between the line and assume it had to do with 3ABN? My life experience has taught me that when things are left unsaid, all too often it is intentionally so, so that the reader/listener comes to a "desired" conclusion.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 30 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Once again, and I dont' mean to be mean or contrary, however, you, Shiny Penny, are the only one who doesn't understand What the connectiont o 3ABN is in the OP. It is you who should do as I suggested and read some of Duane's first posts here at BSDA and that will give you the answer to your question. We don't have to re hash everything just because you came in on the late show. As matter of fact, you really didn't, and you understand quite well the connection. There is some other point you are trying to make. Let it go.

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 30 2007, 08:10 PM) *
Jene, Fair enough. Yet, perchance, did he want everyone to read between the line and assume it had to do with 3ABN? My life experience has taught me that when things are left unsaid, all too often it is intentionally so, so that the reader/listener comes to a "desired" conclusion.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Oct 31 2007, 07:46 AM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 30 2007, 10:56 PM) *
There are quite a few who have said that the comment belongs on the 3ABN forum. But it (his post) has nothing to do with and says nothing relating to 3ABN, other than he believes that someone on this forum MAY have had something to do wth the rumor.

You aren't new here... so this game you are trying to play is unnecessary, albeit not unexpected. Since you are not privy to what he is alluding to... unless, of course, you are the source of the rumors in question... you are not in a position to say his post has "nothing to do with and says nothing relating to 3ABN".

While you are entitled to believe such regarding his post, history says you are wrong...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 31 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 30 2007, 11:10 PM) *

Hmmmmm.... are you telling us something about yourself and your own sparce way of posting here. uhm.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Oct 31 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #27

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 31 2007, 10:31 AM) *
Hmmmmm.... are you telling us something about yourself and your own sparce way of posting here. uhm.gif

Yep.

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Oct 31 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Oct 31 2007, 06:46 AM) *
You aren't new here... so this game you are trying to play is unnecessary, albeit not unexpected. Since you are not privy to what he is alluding to... unless, of course, you are the source of the rumors in question... you are not in a position to say his post has "nothing to do with and says nothing relating to 3ABN".

While you are entitled to believe such regarding his post, history says you are wrong...

In His service,
Mr. J

A game?

You are then implying that you are privy to what he is alluding to? If not, then I would argue that you are not in a position to say that his post has something to do with 3ABN. Though history does repeat itself and I may be wrong or maybe others are wrong.

Let's see if he finds the source of the rumor and what legal action he takes.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Oct 31 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 31 2007, 07:31 AM) *

hmmm... who knows? (JK)

But, in reality, I asked a question...most everyone who's replied to my query has disagreed with me. That's fair enough. But no one has ventured forth to say how whatever rumor Duane has heard relates to 3ABN. I've reread his earlier posts. And unless I make some strong assumptions, I'm not convinced that his post has to do with 3ABN. But humans are humans, they tend to make statements to a desired result. If I'm proven wrong, I will readily admit it.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Oct 31 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Oct 31 2007, 03:59 PM) *
Yep.

snack.gif

Thanks for trying to speak on my behalf...but alas you are wrong. msn-cry.gif

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church