Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16799&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:02:11 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> A General Warning About Rumors, New one over the weekend
beartrap
post Nov 1 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

I would suppose that Duane's assumption that the rumour he speaks of being associated with 3ABN could likely be based on the issue of rumours be spread about a number of people after they part ways with 3ABN under unpleasant circumstances, but that is just my opinion.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Nov 1 2007, 09:25 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Nov 1 2007, 07:07 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,412

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Oct 29 2007, 10:40 AM) *
This past weekend, a friend of mine called me to tell me that he had received a call from a mutual friend of ours who was approached with some derogatory information about me. I have reason to believe that some who have been a part of discussions in this forum may have had something to do with this rumor.

Let it be known that I am tracing the source of the rumor, and when I comfirm its origin, I will be contacting an attorney to initiate legal action. It will NOT be tolerated.

Guilty party or parties, you have been informed.

WARNING: Even though I don't know you, I have a great feeling about and for you even though some have questioned your motive! You indicate "my kids" and "youth pastor" which may be confusing as to your relationship to "my kids."

MY OPINION: Kill this thread ASAP, if you can, as opening a rumor on the WWW just seems to sprout legs on probable lies supported by "perpetual motion" by "so-called mutual friends." I think you can be assured of WWW coverage by Google and the inordinate number of cites and links you provide with possibly misunderstood one-liners. Actionable evidence may be harder to come by than in another situation which seems to have ended forever, short of a miracle-miracle, with an "impasse" or an "agreement to disagree."

If killing this thread is not an option, you may get a desired results at a lower cost by submitting to polygraph and submitting the favorable results to all of your so-called mutual friends where it really matters, not for your benefit but for those who probably repeated the rumor to other of their frirnds mistakenly thinking they are being helpful to your causes.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Nov 1 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 1 2007, 09:07 AM) *
WARNING: Even though I don't know you, I have a great feeling about and for you even though some have questioned your motive! You indicate "my kids" and "youth pastor" which may be confusing as to your relationship to "my kids."

MY OPINION: Kill this thread ASAP, if you can, as opening a rumor on the WWW just seems to sprout legs on probable lies supported by "perpetual motion" by "so-called mutual friends." I think you can be assured of WWW coverage by Google and the inordinate number of cites and links you provide with possibly misunderstood one-liners. Actionable evidence may be harder to come by than in another situation which seems to have ended forever, short of a miracle-miracle, with an "impasse" or an "agreement to disagree."

If killing this thread is not an option, you may get a desired results at a lower cost by submitting to polygraph and submitting the favorable results to all of your so-called mutual friends where it really matters, not for your benefit but for those who probably repeated the rumor to other of their frirnds mistakenly thinking they are being helpful to your causes.

Ah yes.... the old "sweep it under the rug" move. Kill the thread.. pretend it didn't happen.... assume that one can pick up all the little feathers of gossip that have been borne on the wings of the wind.... and tuck them under that bulging infamous rug so tightly they cannot escape.

Or... failing that... bring in the polygraph god... that magical technical device that has power to make right all wrongs with Solomonesque precision and wisdom ..... not.....

Sorry... those dogs don't hunt on this forum. There are too many of us who know the relative results of hiding or running away as compared with standing firm with a "cease and desist or I'll sue" set of orders.

You don't know all the particulars? Well bless your heart.... you don't NEED to know them all. We know Clem.... and we know those who have attacked him right here on this forum.... and we are very well satisfied that those to whom Clem directs his warning know exactly who he is talking about and what he means by his few words.

.............TVsnack.gif..............

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 1 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 1 2007, 07:07 AM) *

This is probably a time when it would have been well for you to have known what you were talking about before you opened your mouth.

If you were speaking as an attorney, the above also applies.

If anyone was going to file a lawsuit against him, that would have happened a long time ago.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Nov 1 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Oct 31 2007, 11:51 PM) *
A game?

Yes... a trivial pursuit with no desired end beyond your own entertainment.

You are then implying that you are privy to what he is alluding to?

No; you are inferring that I am privy to what he is alluding. Keep in mind that your inferring something does not obligate me to have implied it; there is a simpler solution than that...

You are, simply, wrong. That said, what I am or am not privy to isn't really your concern...

If not, then I would argue that you are not in a position to say that his post has something to do with 3ABN. Though history does repeat itself and I may be wrong or maybe others are wrong.

Let's see if he finds the source of the rumor and what legal action he takes.

Re-read what I've said; I never said anything about his post, save tangentially when I have made mention of *your* posts and your not being in a position to determine if what he has said has something to do with 3ABN. As one who has historically been a DS supporter in this forum, you have in all likelihood received all you are going to get on this; no amount of disbelief on your part is going to make Duane... or any other... explain to you, in detail, why his post is in the correct subforum.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
CPAATTY
post Nov 1 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,412

QUOTE(Observer @ Nov 1 2007, 10:17 AM) *
This is probably a time when it would have been well for you to have known what you were talking about before you opened your mouth.

If you were speaking as an attorney, the above also applies.

If anyone was going to file a lawsuit against him, that would have happened a long time ago.

"If anyone was going to file a lawsuit "against him", that would have happened a long time ago."

You must be an "observer"; however, I do not see you as very observant

See if you comprehend who the plaintiff would be since he is alleged to know the potential defendant, the facts of defamation, the jurisdiction, and the venue. The only thing left is to file with hope of a favorable jury. Want in one hand and spit in the other to see which fills first.

Now, back to my money making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All over but the shoutin!:clap:

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 1 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

CPAATTY, are you saying you are getting paid to post here?

Obviously you don't grasp the reality of Duane Clem's situation. If some are starting rumors as he suggests, he has the potential for an excellent case of Defamation Per Se, IMO.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Nov 1 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #38

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I believe that, as AT has said that SP is creating a red herring, bretending that he doesn't know what the connectiont o 3ABN is with this post, of just rying to draw Duane out to tell exactly what the rumor is. As WB says CPAATTY, is also been called in on this one. If it wasn't a even sillier thing to do,I would clse this thread. You both need to let it go. You know full well what this is about, and your positions are already less than christian in a "serpent" kind of why. The first thing the Bible says about that serpent is that he was subtle. Let it go.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 1 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(CPAATTY @ Nov 1 2007, 05:55 PM) *
You must be an "observer"; however, I do not see you as very observant.

You wouldn't see that with the blinders you seem to be wearing - like those some defending lawyers evidently use.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
calvin
post Nov 1 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #40

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Oct 29 2007, 10:40 AM) *
This past weekend, a friend of mine called me to tell me that he had received a call from a mutual friend of ours who was approached with some derogatory information about me. I have reason to believe that some who have been a part of discussions in this forum may have had something to do with this rumor.

Let it be known that I am tracing the source of the rumor, and when I comfirm its origin, I will be contacting an attorney to initiate legal action. It will NOT be tolerated.

Guilty party or parties, you have been informed.

Duane,
First, I don’t like the ideal of you or any other member threatening other members with legal action and such. You got a problem like that with someone you suspect here, take it offline with them.

Secondly, we have gone to some lengths to protect your personal privacy. However, you can’t open a teasing/threatening topic like this and expect me to prohibit your adversaries from posting this derogatory information you speak of.

I am closing this topic for now. PM me if you are prepared to deal with the consequences of it being reopened.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church