Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17150&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:08:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> John Lomacang Still Around?, Writer claims sign change.
Pickle
post Nov 9 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

Someone has written me claiming that Hal Steenson's name now is where John Lomacang's name has been on the church sign. John hasn't been replaced, has he?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Nov 11 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

He is still showing as the pastor on their church website.

http://www.tvillesda.com/main_content.php?page=staff

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 11 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 9 2007, 11:53 AM) *
Someone has written me claiming that Hal Steenson's name now is where John Lomacang's name has been on the church sign. John hasn't been replaced, has he?

So what? Do your research before you come here asking these questions, as if to tintillate. If someone is there to see the sign, let them find out the details and tell you.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 11 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

He is doing the research by asking. Pickle is doing exactly what you are asking him to do.

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 11 2007, 05:55 PM) *
So what? Do your research before you come here asking these questions, as if to tintillate. If someone is there to see the sign, let them find out the details and tell you.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 11 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

And yet, on the other hand, this does smack a bit like asking "Someone told me that so and so has stopped beating his wife. Is this true?" That puts a rather juicy bit of hearsay out there without much factual info.

Reminds me of an email filled with impending doom and gloom I received this weekend from several of my fellow church members:

The following was forwarded to me and has been confirmed by an inside source (the co-chairman of the Christian Coalition).

This month, November 14th & 15, there will be a special meeting held at The Pope John Paul Cultural Center in Washington DC. This meeting is given and paid for by the Vatican. There will be two speakers, one is a cardinal, and the agenda of this meeting is to point out the state that our world is in, to bring back Israel to obedience, and to push the 7th Amendment of the proposed 10 ammendments to the constitution, for a National Day of Rest. One of the societies that will be present is the SOS, which stands for (Save Our Sundays) The Christian Coalition will be looking for support from our Presidential nominees for this amendment. Senators that will be there include front runner John Moore - Nancy Poloski - John Mc Cain - John Werner - Gary Brown, also Al Gore to talk about the global warming. Dr. James Dobson, and Pat Robertson will also be present. It is important to keep in mind that when Sunday law is actually implemented our time of probation is CLOSED! The time of sealing is over! Jesus said "He that is holy let him be holy still, and he that is filthy let him be filthy still." It is time to repent, and get prepared, our time is short. Forward this to everyone!!!

Scary stuff, huh?! Within moments, I started getting emails from the same folk reporting that this was a hoax email. But it was rather titillating while it lasted...

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 11 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

I suppose he could have called there and asked: "3abn may I help you?" "Yes, this is Bob Pickle" (click)

tongue.gif

Hey PB I get stuff like that letter all the time, without the disclaimer. I just figure it came from the same people that have let me know I've won the UK lottery, for a small tax fee of course.

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 11 2007, 07:04 PM) *
And yet, on the other hand, this does smack a bit like asking "Someone told me that so and so has stopped beating his wife. Is this true?" That puts a rather juicy bit of hearsay out there without much factual info.

Reminds me of an email filled with impending doom and gloom I received this weekend from several of my fellow church members:
Scary stuff, huh?! Within moments, I started getting emails from the same folk reporting that this was a hoax email. But it was rather titillating while it lasted...

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Nov 11 2007, 07:21 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 11 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

The guy on the ground there who wrote me wanted to know what was up, and I don't know. So I asked.

I'm sure, Shiny Penny, that there will be far more important news in the days ahead.

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 11 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 11 2007, 08:54 PM) *
The guy on the ground there who wrote me wanted to know what was up, and I don't know. So I asked.

I'm sure, Shiny Penny, that there will be far more important news in the days ahead.

Good Lord! Do you really think that we are ... enough to believe that someone who is there in Thompsonville is going to email YOU to find out some information like that? I can imagine it...he/she drives by the sign, which is probably announcing who is preaching on Sabbath (and wouldn't that be funny, if Hal Steenson is preaching and some nut down there is emailing you and you are flying onto this forum to stir up more dust) and thinks "Oh I must call Pickle to find out what is going on here." Makes excellent sense.

And one other thing...I wandered over to Joy's website and he is advertising himself as AU reporter, but all legitimate reporters that I am aware of, check their sources and verify them BEFORE they publish anything. But his latest and almost all of his reports are full of "appear to", "probably", "reportedly", "allegedly".

While I am a supporter of 3ABN's ministry, I am not foolish enough to think that everything there has been perfect, afterall it is humans and not angels running the operations. However, I advise anyone reading these threads or others, to question everything that appears to stated as "fact." It is humans that are posting here...all of us imperfect and with partial information at best. Partial information from both sides.

One more question for you, Mr Pickle, can you please let us know now that your co-defendant has filed bankruptcy, what position does that leave you in?

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 12 2007, 06:39 AM
Post #9

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 11 2007, 10:27 PM) *
Good Lord! Do you really think that we are ... enough to believe that someone who is there in Thompsonville is going to email YOU to find out some information like that? I can imagine it...he/she drives by the sign, which is probably announcing who is preaching on Sabbath (and wouldn't that be funny, if Hal Steenson is preaching and some nut down there is emailing you and you are flying onto this forum to stir up more dust) and thinks "Oh I must call Pickle to find out what is going on here." Makes excellent sense.

And one other thing...I wandered over to Joy's website and he is advertising himself as AU reporter, but all legitimate reporters that I am aware of, check their sources and verify them BEFORE they publish anything. But his latest and almost all of his reports are full of "appear to", "probably", "reportedly", "allegedly".

While I am a supporter of 3ABN's ministry, I am not foolish enough to think that everything there has been perfect, afterall it is humans and not angels running the operations. However, I advise anyone reading these threads or others, to question everything that appears to stated as "fact." It is humans that are posting here...all of us imperfect and with partial information at best. Partial information from both sides.

One more question for you, Mr Pickle, can you please let us know now that your co-defendant has filed bankruptcy, what position does that leave you in?

Ah, Shiny Penny, you have provided us an excellent opportunity to recognize the hazards of hurling accusations before asking questions.

Of course, I could have forgotten to ask the source whether Hal's name was in a pastor's spot or a sermon's spot, but I didn't forget. But you apparently assumed the worst and perhaps evil surmised, and maybe even took God's name in vain.

You possibly aren't a reporter, for if you were, you would likely know that reporters have to use such words, as I am doing now, to avoid lawsuits over their stating as fact things they cannot prove beyond a shadow of doubt, but for which they have statements from sources.

And what position does Gailon's bankruptcy leave me in? The same as before, from what I can tell. While Jerrie Hayes claimed it would leave me holding the bag if a judgment were rendered, the fact of the matter is that 3ABN is not and never has been named as a creditor, and thus the bankruptcy, as far as I can tell, doesn't affect them at all. But in my opinion, their attempts to wiggle into the bankruptcy are duplicitous, that all they are really trying to do is keep Gailon on the sidelines.

And frankly, I cannot see how they will win a judgment at trial. They will be forced to prove that Danny never did violate the Internal Revenue Code when he bought that house for $6,139, that Linda really did commit fornication with the doctor prior to June 25, 2004, and that Danny knew with certainty at that point in time that such was the case, and on and on and on.

And why will they be forced to prove such things? Because I can provide convincing proof to the contrary. And I am prepared to do so.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Nov 12 2007, 06:45 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 12 2007, 07:08 AM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Here is a new email from my contact on the ground there in Thomsponsville, which only makes more prominent the initial question.

I guess BSDA is pretty popular there in Thompsonville, and my contact in his last sentence below agrees.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Thought You'd Like To Know....
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 01:06:29 -0600
To: Pickle

....when I passed by the Thompsonville SDA Church tonight on the way to my church, the sign out front simply said, "Smile". No pastor's name, no message topic, no Scripture reference....just the word "Smile".

Someone out there is definitely keeping a watchful eye on the discussions at BlackSDA.com.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Nov 12 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 12 2007, 09:08 AM) *
Here is a new email from my contact on the ground there in Thomsponsville, which only makes more prominent the initial question.

I guess BSDA is pretty popular there in Thompsonville, and my contact in his last sentence below agrees.

....when I passed by the Thompsonville SDA Church tonight on the way to my church, the sign out front simply said, "Smile". No pastor's name, no message topic, no Scripture reference....just the word "Smile".

Someone out there is definitely keeping a watchful eye on the discussions at BlackSDA.com.

Guess he or she doesn't have anything else to do, eh? blink.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 12 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 12 2007, 05:08 AM) *

On the other hand, perhaps someone out there is chuckling at how easy it is to inspire a thread topic on BlackSDA.com just by playing with sign letters and is even now preparing a follow up message.

If so, will the new sign message say "LOL PB"? Here we are nearing the end of 2007 and could it be that, serendipitously all sides have cooperated in a small way and have created a brand new form of communication, a blending of analog and digital? I, for one, can't wait to see how this develops. Inspirational!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Nov 12 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 12 2007, 07:49 AM) *
On the other hand, perhaps someone out there is chuckling at how easy it is to inspire a thread topic on BlackSDA.com just by playing with sign letters and is even now preparing a follow up message.

If so, will the new sign message say "LOL PB"? Here we are nearing the end of 2007 and could it be that, serendipitously all sides have cooperated in a small way and have created a brand new form of communication, a blending of analog and digital? I, for one, can't wait to see how this develops. Inspirational!

Maybe we should leave a box of oatmeal cookies next to that sign. Somebody could surely use a snack while they're moving those letters around. lol.gif

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Nov 12 2007, 08:13 AM

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Nov 12 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

Allow me to chime in here, as I know whereof I speak. Trust me....I DO know.

This is no joke, folks. Lomacang's name is gone, and until just a few days ago, the sign identified "Pastor Hal Steenson" exactly where "Pastor John Lomacang" used to appear all the time. I'm curious myself, just as I am when any pastor's name suddenly disappears from any church sign. I care about what happens at churches and with their pastors. Not just my church, but any church. If we truly are brothers and sisters in Christ, then we are all in this together.

Furthermore, it is impossible to switch the letters on the sign at the Thompsonville SDA Church. The lettering area is completely covered by a transparency, which, I am guessing, is kept locked.

And by the way, Shiny Penny, I'd watch the "nut" remarks if I were you. I am quite familiar with the person you are attacking, and that person is the kind of person who would cheerfully hand you over to the admins here. That is a personal attack, and you know it.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Nov 12 2007, 09:36 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 12 2007, 10:04 AM) *
Allow me to chime in here, as I know whereof I speak. Trust me....I DO know.

This is no joke, folks. Lomacang's name is gone, and until just a few days ago, the sign identified "Pastor Hal Steenson" exactly where "Pastor John Lomacang" used to appear all the time...
Furthermore, it is impossible to switch the letters on the sign at the Thompsonville SDA Church. The lettering area is completely covered by a transparency, which, I am guessing, is kept locked.

And by the way, Shiny Penny, I'd watch the "nut" remarks if I were you. I am quite familiar with the person you are attacking, and that person is the kind of person who would cheerfully hand you over to the admins here...

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get more ridiculous....

roflmao.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:08 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church