Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17150&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:01:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> John Lomacang Still Around?, Writer claims sign change.
Pickle
post Nov 12 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Nov 12 2007, 07:25 AM) *
Guess he or she doesn't have anything else to do, eh? blink.gif

Naw. I know where they work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 12 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

And the latest email, at the end of which they make an excellent point:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: It's All True!
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:25:26 -0600
To: Pickle

I've seen the discussion at BSDA about the name change on the church sign at T'ville.

Feel free to share with everyone that I am stating here, right in front of God and everyone, that the things I have shared concerning the sign change are absolute fact, and that I have never, in any way, been involved in the changing of the sign myself, nor do I personally know anyone who is or has been. To the very best of my knowledge, the sign is only changed by church personnel.

The facts as I know them are as follows: Until a few days ago, Hal Steenson's name appeared where John Lomacang's name has been for a long time, and Steenson was clearly identified as "Pastor Hal Steenson". Neither I nor any acquaintance of mine is or has been involved in the changing of the church sign at any time. This is not a game of any kind. It is simply a request for information, and nothing more. For the benefit of those who ask why I am asking you for this information, let me just say that I have no reason to believe that I would get a truthful answer out of 3ABN if I asked them.

My hand on the Bible....that's the truth!

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Nov 12 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

John Lomacang IS the pastor of the church at 3ABN, Hal Steenson WAS the speaker . . . thus the reason for his name appearing on the marquee - and the fact it isn't there is because the sign will be updated for upcoming Sabbath services (come on people this isn't rocket science!) . . . this is just another of Robert Pickle's attempts to toss enough red herrings around to keep people from seeing and learning the truth about his actions and the "crisis" he has been instrumental in creating . . .

Now, to Shiny Penny's points . . . Robert has a phone and could pick it up and call any one of his "number" of contacts - shoot, why doesn't he just PM HOTY or give Duane a call and get a definitive answer . . . Shiny Penny nailed it on the head . . . "stirring dust" obviously to cloud the truth with ridiculous nonsense . . .

- FHB

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 12 2007, 11:04 AM) *
Allow me to chime in here, as I know whereof I speak. Trust me....I DO know.

This is no joke, folks. Lomacang's name is gone, and until just a few days ago, the sign identified "Pastor Hal Steenson" exactly where "Pastor John Lomacang" used to appear all the time. I'm curious myself, just as I am when any pastor's name suddenly disappears from any church sign. I care about what happens at churches and with their pastors. Not just my church, but any church. If we truly are brothers and sisters in Christ, then we are all in this together.

Furthermore, it is impossible to switch the letters on the sign at the Thompsonville SDA Church. The lettering area is completely covered by a transparency, which, I am guessing, is kept locked.

And by the way, Shiny Penny, I'd watch the "nut" remarks if I were you. I am quite familiar with the person you are attacking, and that person is the kind of person who would cheerfully hand you over to the admins here. That is a personal attack, and you know it.

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Nov 12 2007, 09:48 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 12 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 12 2007, 07:04 AM) *
Allow me to chime in here, as I know whereof I speak. Trust me....I DO know.

This is no joke, folks. Lomacang's name is gone, and until just a few days ago, the sign identified "Pastor Hal Steenson" exactly where "Pastor John Lomacang" used to appear all the time. I'm curious myself, just as I am when any pastor's name suddenly disappears from any church sign. I care about what happens at churches and with their pastors. Not just my church, but any church. If we truly are brothers and sisters in Christ, then we are all in this together.

Furthermore, it is impossible to switch the letters on the sign at the Thompsonville SDA Church. The lettering area is completely covered by a transparency, which, I am guessing, is kept locked.

And by the way, Shiny Penny, I'd watch the "nut" remarks if I were you. I am quite familiar with the person you are attacking, and that person is the kind of person who would cheerfully hand you over to the admins here. That is a personal attack, and you know it.

Justice4Jesus,

I apologize for finding this sign situation amusing. Sometimes things just tickle my funny bone. Perhaps, in this case, I should have kept that amusement to myself.

So, it appears that a true change is afoot. I hear that the 3abn pastoral site has been changed now, as well. What does it mean? Are you, J4J, in a position there to contact 3abn and find out what those changes are and why? I'm sure most of us here would appreciate knowing the details. I will see what I can do, as well.

PeacefulBe

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ian
post Nov 12 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 12 2007, 08:08 AM) *
Here is a new email from my contact on the ground there in Thomsponsville, which only makes more prominent the initial question.

Your contact on the ground? What is this, Iraq?

Who are you being now Mr Pickle? and where are you? flying overhead? rofl1.gif

I guess BSDA is pretty popular there in Thompsonville, and my contact in his last sentence below agrees.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Thought You'd Like To Know....
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 01:06:29 -0600
To: Pickle

....when I passed by the Thompsonville SDA Church tonight on the way to my church, the sign out front simply said, "Smile". No pastor's name, no message topic, no Scripture reference....just the word "Smile".

Someone out there is definitely keeping a watchful eye on the discussions at BlackSDA.com.

The way you all jump to conclusions, and come up with these theories is hilarious.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Nov 12 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 12 2007, 09:36 AM) *
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get more ridiculous....

roflmao.gif

Yeah....tell me about it!

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Nov 12 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 12 2007, 10:20 AM) *
The way you all jump to conclusions, and come up with these theories is hilarious.

You're here, aren't you?

+Quote Post
Ian
post Nov 12 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 12 2007, 10:45 AM) *
John Lomacang IS the pastor of the church at 3ABN, Hal Steenson WAS the speaker . . . thus the reason for his name appearing on the marquee - and the fact it isn't there is because the sign will be updated for upcoming Sabbath services (come on people this isn't rocket science!) . . . this is just another of Robert Pickle's attempts to toss enough red herrings around to keep people from seeing and learning the truth about his actions and the "crisis" he has been instrumental in creating . . .

Now, to Shiny Penny's points . . . Robert has a phone and could pick it up and call any one of his "number" of contacts - shoot, why doesn't he just PM HOTY or give Duane a call and get a definitive answer . . . Shiny Penny nailed it on the head . . . "stirring dust" obviously to cloud the truth with ridiculous nonsense . . .

- FHB

True. And the church website is right here: http://www.tvillesda.com/ and identifies JL as Pastor.

This was already posted once -- in the second post in this thread...

This post has been edited by Ian: Nov 12 2007, 04:11 PM

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Nov 12 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 12 2007, 09:45 AM) *
Justice4Jesus,

I apologize for finding this sign situation amusing. Sometimes things just tickle my funny bone. Perhaps, in this case, I should have kept that amusement to myself.

So, it appears that a true change is afoot. I hear that the 3abn pastoral site has been changed now, as well. What does it mean? Are you, J4J, in a position there to contact 3abn and find out what those changes are and why? I'm sure most of us here would appreciate knowing the details. I will see what I can do, as well.

PeacefulBe

Actually, I took no offense at all in regard to your remarks. In fact, I found them to be rather comical. Sometimes the best thing you can do with a situation like this is to add some humor to it, much as one would add a liberal amount of salt to a really crappy meal. (Apologies if that goes against anyone's dietary stances.)

Any attempt of mine to contact 3ABN would have to be done undercover, as they would very likely refuse all contact with me when they found out who I was. However, I may be able to do one of those "friend of a friend of a friend of a friend" things and come up with something that way.

"Fallible Humanbeing" has posted here stating that John Lomacang is still the pastor of the church. At this point in time, I will accept that as fact, but it just seemed odd to me that Lomacang's name, which has remained a constant on the sign, would suddenly disappear. As for me, I was just curious as to what may have happened.

Again, PeacefulBe, no offense taken to your injection of humor. Keep the giggles comin'!

smile.gif

J4J

This post has been edited by justice4jesus: Nov 12 2007, 10:47 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 12 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 12 2007, 08:45 AM) *
Actually, I took no offense at all in regard to your remarks. In fact, I found them to be rather comical. Sometimes the best thing you can do with a situation like this is to add some humor to it, much as one would add a liberal amount of salt to a really crappy meal. (Apologies if that goes against anyone's dietary stances.)

Any attempt of mine to contact 3ABN would have to be done undercover, as they would very likely refuse all contact with me when they found out who I was. However, I may be able to do one of those "friend of a friend of a friend of a friend" things and come up with something that way.

"Fallible Humanbeing" has posted here stating that John Lomacang is still the pastor of the church. At this point in time, I will accept that as fact, but it just seemed odd to me that Lomacang's name, which has remained a constant on the sign, would suddenly disappear. As for me, I was just curious as to what may have happened.

Again, PeacefulBe, no offense taken to your injection of humor. Keep the giggles comin'!

smile.gif

J4J

Glad to oblige! spoton.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 12 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Nov 12 2007, 09:45 AM) *
this is just another of Robert Pickle's attempts to toss enough red herrings around to keep people from seeing and learning the truth about his actions and the "crisis" he has been instrumental in creating . . .

Not at all. Just trying to inquire for a friend. Why think the worst, and state it as absolute fact? The above goes beyond facts and comments on motives. Why do that?

And why do you call me Robert, as if you're one of these lawyers or one of the posters from CF? I never go by Robert, unless some legal document or situation requires me to.

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 12 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 12 2007, 11:37 AM) *
Not at all. Just trying to inquire for a friend. Why think the worst, and state it as absolute fact?

Is the pot calling the kettle black? Pickle you and your side-kick are the kings of thinking the worst, stating it as fact or perhaps I should give you credit for the "apparently", "evidently" etc.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 12 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Nov 12 2007, 08:45 AM) *
Justice4Jesus,

PeacefulBe

The sign situation is amusing and absurd. I'm wondering why Pickle or his "contact on the ground" - which I suppose is better than a contact under the ground - didn't bother to call the Illinois Conference and ask them. After all, JL is the pastor of the Thompsonville Church (not the pastor of the 3ABN Church). But the point is not to get information, but rather to disseminate rumors and innuendos.

As I read it, Pickle likes to come across as an authority, but does he know the facts? Apparently no.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 12 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Are you not doing the same that you accuse Bob of? Are you not thinking the worse of Bob's intentions?

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 12 2007, 07:38 PM) *
Is the pot calling the kettle black? Pickle you and your side-kick are the kings of thinking the worst, stating it as fact or perhaps I should give you credit for the "apparently", "evidently" etc.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 12 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Is the Thompsonville church on the campus of 3abn? And is it's pastor not paid by both 3abn and the IL conference?

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 12 2007, 07:44 PM) *
The sign situation is amusing and absurd. I'm wondering why Pickle or his "contact on the ground" - which I suppose is better than a contact under the ground - didn't bother to call the Illinois Conference and ask them. After all, JL is the pastor of the Thompsonville Church (not the pastor of the 3ABN Church). But the point is not to get information, but rather to disseminate rumors and innuendos.

As I read it, Pickle likes to come across as an authority, but does he know the facts? Apparently no.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:01 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church