Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17150&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:01:33 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> John Lomacang Still Around?, Writer claims sign change.
watchbird
post Nov 14 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Observer @ Nov 14 2007, 12:27 PM) *
GAJ has taken the title "AU Reporter." You will note that he has never claimed to be a reporter for the Atlantic Union Conference. He has never claimed to be a reporter officially associated with the Seventh-day Adventist Chruch. If I am wrong, someone will immediately correct me.

What does the two letters "AU" mean in the phrase AU Reporter. I will suggest that you go back through the 20 years or so that GAJ has reported, in print (in the beginning) to a group of people who recieved his material. You will find that he reported on happenings in the geographic area that comprises the Atlantic Union Conference. I will suggest that is what resulted in the title AU Reporter. There is no claim of formal connection with the SDA Church in that area.

I will confirm that Gailon answered clearly and directly when I personally asked him if the name of his "publication" meant that he was a reporter for the Atlantic Union, and was he connected officially with the Church organization. His answer was an unequivical "No"... that he was an independent person who at times got involved in church problems in that area. He never, at any time, claimed to be in an official relationship with the Church organization in his area.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Nov 14 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 14 2007, 06:50 AM) *
The Fact is that Gailon Joy is NOT a reporter for the Atlantic Union....

3ABN doesn't have three angels on the payroll. Yet, they keep calling themselves Three Angels Broadcasting.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 14 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 14 2007, 06:50 AM) *
Actually all but 4 or 5 states acknowledge that certain categories of statements are considered defamation per se, (which is the category of stateements which Pickle and Joy have repeatedly made and which they are are being sued for) That means that people making a defamation claim for these statements do not need to prove that the statement was defamatory. In the common law tradition, damages for such statements are presumed and do not have to be proven.

Excellent point, Ian. Excellent point. So you mean that Danny, Walt, and everyone else's accusation about Linda commiting adultery and fornication could get them in hot water? So if Linda sued them all, she could claim defamation per se, and damages would be assumed, and they would be forced to prove that what they have said in this regard is true, rather than her proving that what they have said is false?

Would you care to donate to her legal expenses?

This post has been edited by Pickle: Nov 14 2007, 12:53 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 14 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Nov 14 2007, 12:08 AM) *
Ian, I would just like to thank you for providing the documentation regarding Pastor John Lomacang. A simple answer to a simple question. That's all it takes to satisfy me, anyway.

Honestly though, folks, this thread got WAAAY out of hand for no good reason.

Well, we could get back to at least the church sign. Didn't you once tell me that you saw words on the sign that you could trace back to this forum?

+Quote Post
Ian
post Nov 14 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 14 2007, 01:50 PM) *
Excellent point, Ian. Excellent point. So you mean that Danny, Walt, and everyone else's accusation about Linda commiting adultery and fornication could get them in hot water? So if Linda sued them all, she could claim defamation per se, and damages would be assumed, and they would be forced to prove that what they have said in this regard is true, rather than her proving that what they have said is false?

Sure, "IF" being a key word there.

Obviously she had no problem in filing the suit related to her divorce to try and get more so she has no problem with taking another to court.

But-- I'd be very surprised if she filed a defamation lawsuit, she won't even come forward since there's no "gag order" and be accountable and boldly say in public what she says to others in private and behind the scenes.

I suspect she'd get answered and rebutted publically if she did so.

Of course you know proving that what you said is the truth is the only absolute defense against a defamation charge. So, does she really want that? dunno.gif

You are in contact with her, ask her.

This post has been edited by Ian: Nov 14 2007, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 14 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(princessdi @ Nov 13 2007, 09:04 PM) *
FHB, I am not concerned with the fact that the thread "waunders", but more that Ian and Shiny Penny do not have an answer to the question and choose instead to attack the OP. The OP is definitely NOT about Bob's character. They are not in court, they don't have to discredit his ability to ask a question. He aksed a question, that is his right as a human. If they had no answer then they should have stayed out. The thread can wauder where ever it will. We don't catch them all, but we all know that personal attackes are not allowed. I caught this one.

Princessdi - I apologize for what was perceived to be an attack. I did not intend to attack, but rather express my opinion on the manner in which the question was presented ("John hasn't been replaced, has he?") based on a church marquee sign that changes every week. I expected that Pickle would have taken on the responsibility of doing a little checking before he came on this forum asking such a question.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 14 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #67

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 14 2007, 05:13 PM) *
Obviously she had no problem in filing the suit related to her divorce to try and get more so she has no problem with taking another to court.

Wrong again. Danny was the one who filed suit in Guam against her to obtain a divorce, and Linda was the one who filed suit in order to divide up their property. There's nothing there from what I can tell that has anything to do with getting more.

Feel free to quote from the court filings if you think I'm wrong.

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 14 2007, 05:13 PM) *
Of course you know proving that what you said is the truth is the only absolute defense against a defamation charge. So, does she really want that? dunno.gif

Your insinuation is a bit nasty, in my opinion.

If she didn't want it, why'd she ask for it last February?

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 14 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Statrei @ Nov 14 2007, 06:33 AM) *
Is that a theological statement? Are you suggesting that angels cannot make mistakes?

I did not intend it to be a theological statement. I don't know about the mistake-making abilities of angels, but I expect that the holy angels are making fewer mistakes than humans.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Ian
post Nov 15 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 14 2007, 07:41 PM) *
Princessdi - I apologize for what was perceived to be an attack. I did not intend to attack, but rather express my opinion on the manner in which the question was presented ("John hasn't been replaced, has he?") based on a church marquee sign that changes every week. I expected that Pickle would have taken on the responsibility of doing a little checking before he came on this forum asking such a question.

I also apologise. To be honest I still don't know how I attacked the OP, or where or how I did so as i have 3 times been warned here? But I do understand I somehow screwed up in my posts and have been warned. So I'll try my best not to mess up again to the best of my ability and understanding.

Sometimes my sense of the ridiculous gets the best of me, and I admit I strongly object to some ideas, views, and claims and even behavior on this forum, but my attacks, if they can be considered that, or are considered that way, are intended to be against those things and not against a individual personally.

Peace

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Nov 15 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #70

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 15 2007, 09:12 AM) *
I also apologise. To be honest I still don't know how I attacked the OP, or where or how I did so as i have 3 times been warned here? But I do understand I somehow screwed up in my posts and have been warned. So I'll try my best not to mess up again to the best of my ability and understanding.

Peace

You did it, as you are wont to do, through your editorializing... for example you stated this, in another thread:

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 15 2007, 07:36 AM) *
I have a respect for Gerry Spence, and appreciate his way of thinking and speaking. I have his books, I have read and followed his cases, and commentary on cases on CNN; so the boneheaded moves and arguments you and joy have made so far, and how you interpret things does not indicate to me that you are following any brilliant or common sense type legal counsel he would have given. (one example: post 10 in this very thread)

You could have conveyed what you were trying to say without calling the "moves and arguments" in question "boneheaded"; once you did you crossed into the area of ad hominem and attacked their person rather than their "moves and arguments"

Sometimes my sense of the ridiculous gets the best of me, and I admit I strongly object to some ideas, views, and claims and even behavior on this forum, but my attacks, if they can be considered that, or are considered that way, are intended to be against those things and not against a individual personally.

This could be credible if this were not a text medium. If it were a voice medium, then a spur of the moment exclamation would be possible and, given the nature of the topic, even probable. But this is *text*. You have to formulate a response and type it out and then send it to the forum. In that process you have myriad opportunities to consider and reconsider what you are saying... as such, what you send is what you planned, consciously and specifically, to say... that includes the attacks.

If you have facts to refute what Pickle or anyone else says, then state them without the editorial comments on the person who stated them and you will avoid stepping out of bounds...

Selah.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Ian
post Nov 15 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #71

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Nov 14 2007, 07:42 PM) *
Wrong again. Danny was the one who filed suit in Guam against her to obtain a divorce, and Linda was the one who filed suit in order to divide up their property. There's nothing there from what I can tell that has anything to do with getting more.

Except for the document which they both signed dividing their property? Except for the 150, 000 Danny gave her for her half of the house and furnishings? Except for the furnishings etc she picked up in more then one truck, all of which you have documented yourself, and all of which took place before she filed her civil case???

Your insinuation is a bit nasty, in my opinion.

If she didn't want it, why'd she ask for it last February?

It wasn't meant to be nasty, your accusation is less then kind, as I said I don't know.

You brought up her filing a defamation suit, not me. Why hasn't she proceeded with one, if as you posted it could make her request become reality?? Don't ask me, as all I can do is give my opinion which I already did, as I suggested since you are in contact with her, ask her.

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 15 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Nov 15 2007, 07:55 AM) *
You did it, as you are wont to do, through your editorializing... for example you stated this, in another thread:
You could have conveyed what you were trying to say without calling the "moves and arguments" in question "boneheaded"; once you did you crossed into the area of ad hominem and attacked their person rather than their "moves and arguments"
This could be credible if this were not a text medium. If it were a voice medium, then a spur of the moment exclamation would be possible and, given the nature of the topic, even probable. But this is *text*. You have to formulate a response and type it out and then send it to the forum. In that process you have myriad opportunities to consider and reconsider what you are saying... as such, what you send is what you planned, consciously and specifically, to say... that includes the attacks.

Thank you for this explanation. It helps to clarify things a bit more for me.

Could Ian have said "the moves and arguments, which in my opinion are boneheaded...." - and not considered to be attacking?

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Nov 15 2007, 09:16 AM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 15 2007, 10:09 AM) *
Thank you for this explanation. It helps to clarify things a bit more for me.

Could Ian have said "the moves and arguments, which in my opinion are boneheaded...." - and not considered to be attacking?

No... that would just be changing saying to someone " you're an idiot" to "In my opinion, you're an idiot".

It's still ad hominem.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Nov 15 2007, 09:32 AM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

It's been established that John Lomacang is still around...at least for now anyways...

Maybe this one could die a natural death? blink.gif

oh well...carry on boxing.gif why let a...um...er...good discussion go to waste....

This post has been edited by caribbean sda: Nov 15 2007, 09:34 AM

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Nov 15 2007, 09:36 AM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ian, Ian. You could at leas get your facts straight before commenting.

QUOTE(Ian @ Nov 15 2007, 09:00 AM) *
Except for the document which they both signed dividing their property?

There has yet to be any signed document dividing up "their property." The agreement of June 4, 2004, only concerns certain items, and Linda wasn't even given her kids' baby things by that agreement.

Except for the 150, 000 Danny gave her for her half of the house and furnishings?

I would like to see an independent appraisal of that house before commenting.

If Danny could claim in July 2006 in an affidavit that he had a $200,000 mortgage balance on the house from Merlin Fjarli, and if the mortgage balance with the Fjarli Foundation was down to $150,000 by Dec. 31, 2005, you really ought to demand evidence of anything Danny says.

You brought up her filing a defamation suit, not me. Why hasn't she proceeded with one, if as you posted it could make her request become reality??

What request are you referring to? Please quote it.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:01 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church